Discerning Enlightenment, Why It Matters

Rose Rosetree, Enlightenment Coach
Rose Rosetree, using discernment as an Enlightenment Coach

Keeping an Enlightenment Life List! The nerve! For that I draw upon skills as an Enlightenment Coach to discern Enlightenment accurately.

Well, yes, I do believe that discerning Enlightenment is one of the appropriate things for me to do as an Enlightenment Coach. It’s more than Stage Three Energetic Literacy, although aura reading is part of it.

My Profiling People Bill of Rights is short:

1. We have the right to read anyone’s written words via Gutenberg literacy.
  2. We have the right to read anyone’s energy field, via energetic literacy.
  3. We have the right to explore the who-you-be about anyone we like.
  4. We have the right to read body language, facial expression, or even do physiognomy (reading faces for character).
  5. If it is a public figure, someone who has a website as a teacher, writer, or healer; a movie star or reality show wannabe; a politician or political activist, we don’t only have the right to read that individual privately. We have the right to comment in public.

Regarding Enlightenment Profiling, the stakes can be higher, of course. So this requires skills beyond aura reading. Discerning Enlightenment demands a special skill set.

Discernment about Enlightenment Vs. Other Forms of Personal Growth

Nobody likes to be told, “I wouldn’t say you’re in Enlightenment. Not remotely close.” So why on earth do I bother to go there?

When somebody teaches personal development, a person’s level of consciousness matters.

This became evident to me when I wrote Magnetize Money with Energetic Literacy and read the aura of Rhonda Byrne as well as 50 people who worked really, really hard to do exactly what she proposed in “The Secret.” Pretty surprising differences, as you know if you have read that book….

Later a spiritual colleague whom I greatly respect congratulated me on Magnetize Money with Energetic Literacy. “Thank you for calling a spiritual spade a spade,” he said.

Discerning Enlightenment Helps Consumers

Does energetic literacy  help consumers? Sure. With Stage Three Energetic Literacy, you can research for yourself if somebody is a liar, for instance.

That’s great.

Beyond that, is it appropriate to do Enlightenment Profiling on religious and spiritual teachers of all kinds? Yes, I do think so. So that is a service of discernment that I provide for you.

• If Gladys stands in the showroom with you, selling luxury shoes, you can see what she wears on her feet. Scuffed up Crocs? There’s a problem.
  • If Joe offers tech support for computers but can’t answer a few simple questions, uh-oh.
  • Well, what could be more important than teaching personal development with some balance? And if someone who teaches spiritual practices has actually achieved a major, major goal in that direction, why not give credit where it is due?
  • A person could be a superb teacher but not yet in Enlightenment. That’s not a problem as long as the results of that teaching move people closer toward Enlightenment. And provided that the teacher doesn’t claim Enlightenment.
  • Someone in Enlightenment isn’t necessarily a superb teacher, or even a good teacher, or even a competent teacher. Auric modeling will do superb teaching, however.

Inspiration Also Results from Discernment about Enlightenment

I didn’t start the Enlightenment Life List as a New Age Consumer idea, though for some people it has seemed helpful in that way. The main point of the List is inspiration.

If you are interested in hearing a discussion of my own experiences in Enlightenment, check out this video interview. Bring on the inspiration!

What inspires me most about profiling people as candidates for the Enlightenment Life List?

Finding new folks to add!

Also noticing when people evolve quickly, moving closer and closer. Because that is what I find happening with many of my long-term clients.

11 thoughts on “Discerning Enlightenment, Why It Matters”

• 1
    Jordan says:

I just read the four chakra databanks you recommended on myself. So much fun!!!

Really, really, really fun to get to know yourself that way. It’s much easier to get to the heart of your problems this way than THINKING and PUZZLING about them constantly.

In the “Communicating in Close Relationships” databank, I “found out” that speaking about shallow things for any extended number of minutes is pretty much my idea of hell.

HAHAHHA. no kidding. I laughed out loud at that one.

It helps a lot with self-acceptance to read yourself this way. I’ve tended to think something is wrong with me when I don’t enjoy the same crappy social crap other people do, like boring gossip (as opposed to INTERESTING gossip, haha!) and constant complaining.

• 2
    Carol says:

This is very interesting and informative, Rose. Thanks for the definitive step by step process for investigation. I am going to copy this so I can review it several times before checking someone out until I memorize it. I so appreciate how you carefully and thoroughly organize and explain all the skills you teach.

I also appreciate how you make the clear distinction between spiritual and psychic development and skills. I think that is so important now.

I find that distinction to be clear in most of the ancient techniques for moving you toward Enlightenment (i.e. Buddhism and Hinduism) but it seems to have been mixed up in most New Age literature on the subject, and that makes it all very confusing. That distinction needs to be made loud and clear, again. So, thank you for being in the forefront of doing that.

• 3
    Jordan says:

And yes, thank you for detailing this process for us. This and the Empath Identification post are going to be very valuable to me for a long time!

Maybe you already thought to do this, but I hope you add a link to this post to the Enlightenment Life List post, so we can all learn to check for ourselves before asking you to confirm.

And thanks for using a picture of Gustavo 🙂

• 4

JORDAN, you’re so welcome. In every way. I just took you up on your excellent idea and added the comment to the Enlightenment Life List.

See it twinkling away!

//www.rose-rosetree.com/blog/2010/07/18/enlightenment-life-list-aura-reading-energetic-literacy/

• 5
    Colleen says:

There is only one exception (at least for me), and that is reading about someone’s health concerns. I think that should require permission.

• 6
    Colleen says:

Who is that Enlightened politician who was going to be revealed?

• 7

COLLEEN, I couldn’t agree more. Should remember to mention that in future.

The reason for the omission is that I don’t read physical health problems with my energetic literacy. This is obvious ethically.

What about problems of an emotional or spiritual nature? I believe we have the right to read anyone in private. Saying it in public, blogging, etc., depends on whether or not the person is a public figure. Ethical constraints in that situation, motivation in doing the reading, and so forth, also apply.

• 8

Regarding your Comment 6, COLLEEN, no way have I forgotten! It deserves a blog post in its own right, don’t you think?

• 9

COLLEEN, you mentioned in a comment elsewhere that you are starting your own healing practice. This is just WONDERFUL.

Everyone has the ability to be some kind of healer. Each of us has a unique role to play, to go along with our talents and interests.

Personally, I think it is very important to acquire solid technical skills, of one sort or another. You have been doing this for decades, COLLEEN. I expect wonders.

When your website for it is ready, let me know so that we can swap links with my main website. And congratulations.

• 10
    Jordan says:

You say that it is obvious ethically not to read health concerns without permission (at least, I think that’s what was said). It’s not really obvious to me – would one of you be willing to explain this a little bit, and why health concerns are different from spiritual or emotional issues in terms of ethics/privacy?

• 11
    amy o says:

Jordan, for me it seems like telling people about their health concerns is too much when it comes to respecting other people’s beliefs systems.

Other aspects of the aura reading can be passed off as a guess, opinon or simply made up, but health concerns tend to be known and obvious to the person involved. It could be very creepy for an atheist to read about health concerns they do have without knowing how on earth this person got this information.