Rose Rosetree, Founder of Energy Spirituality

• Categories

• * * *
  • Archives

* * *

Subscribe to our list and receive "Reading Life Deeper". Submit your email address below. We will not sell or rent your email address.

"Reading Life Deeper" is Rose's free monthly newsletter, bringing you face readings and aura readings of people in the news. READ A SAMPLE.

Knighted Terry Pratchett, Aura Reading

July 12th, 2012 by Rose Rosetree

Terry Pratchett, prolific satirist, aura ready for reading

Amanda wrote the magic words in her nomination during our Aura Reading Contest, Celebrating Humor. In Comment 8 she grabbed my attention this way:

[Terry Pratchett's] Discworld novels have provided me with more pleasure than even Hogwarts, and in very much the same way: they are human, humane and humourous, and what a world he’s created for his readers to enjoy!

Could such a thing be possible? More pleasure than even Hogwarts, with all the Rowling plots and characters?

Wow, I’ll be checking out Pratchett’s read-gasmic potential and brainy insights at my next library trip, for sure. Before moving into the aura reading, here’s the rest of AMANDA’s highly persuasive contest entry:

Nothing bad ever happens in a TP book. Even when people die, it’s OK – Death turns up, but he’s one of the main characters and as loveable as the rest of them.

I’ve been a fan for years and he’s provided me with a lot of joy: the best comic writer I’ve ever come across, and fortunately wonderfully prolific.

A few years ago he was diagnosed with Alzheimers and has used his plight and his fortune to raise awareness and fund research into the illness in the UK. He’s decided he wants to exercise his right to die with dignity at his own choosing, and this too has raised awareness of the issue in the UK.

At dark times in my life I’ve always found a TP book helpful and sometimes much more than helpful – caring, broad-minded and enlightening, and a good friend who makes everything lighter.

I love him.

Let’s read Sir Terry Pratchett’s aura pre-Alzheimers

Yes, I’ll avoid reading Pratchett’s photo while his aura is riddled with Alzheimers. Because exploring famous folks with Alzheimers is a project like reading people with Autism and Aspbergers Syndrome; it is a difficult project (harder than regular aura reading becauase of the inherent confusions energetically) and deserves separate consideration.

I am willing to do some aura reading research in this area if some of you Blog-Buddies would be interested. Let me know, because we could launch a new contest with nominees.

As a now-outed “consciousness nerd” (See Comments 10 and 11 yesterday at Handling Bad News with Grace) I am fascinated by patterns in consciousness along various types of unusual functioning that have been given broad labels like “Alzheimers.” But I am even more eager to laugh, and to read about what makes a humor super-star. So here goes.

Knighted in 2009, Sir Terry Pratchett is such an exciting discovery for me. His photo can be opened up at the dependable Terry Pratchett photo link here, or the original Terry Pratchett photograph and accompanying article.

This is an earlier photograph, date not clear. It seems earlier than this photo from 1997, from a 40-minute BBC interview that you Pratchett-heads can watch here.

I won’t watch this, or anything like it (of course) until after completion of my no-preconceptions aura reading research. Let’s have at a relevant selection of the great man’s chakra databanks.

Aura Reading Databank at the Root Chakra: Handling Social Rules and Expectations

Fills the room plus two inches, then brings in a wee bit of energy from an entirely different dimension

Now this guy is funny. He’s a prankster. Irreverent due to brains, paying close attention to his physical surroundings, and a chronic itch to shake things up where they’re stuck.

According to this chakra databank, Terry Pratchett can play the game of social rules, play it most convincingly. A certain benign mischief creeps in, however. He really enjoys gaining credibility with people, then tweaking their expectations.

Gotcha!

Also, the stuffier and more entrenced in the intense-dense belief in status quo, the merrier this prankster grows.

What if recipients of his real-life gags don’t get the joke? Pratchett won’t laugh in their faces but explode into laughter right afterwards. He does have manners.

This chakra databank alone is enough to convince me that life is Terry Pratchett’s real art form and venue for satire; the humorous writing comes after.

Aura Reading Databank at the Solar Plexus Chakra: Social Self-Confidence

Technical point: This chakra databank is among the personal/optional/elective variety.

As most of you Blog-Buddies already know, about half of a person’s chakra databanks are standard issue for human (like the last one I read), while this is among the more personal ones, generated during a person’s liftetime, given the individual growth path toward Enlightenment.

Fills the room quite precisely.

For Sir Terry, the quality of social self-confidence reminds me of a saw’s jagged edges. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Pratchett’s deep history, over the lifetimes, includes courtier-type lifetimes and others where he worked really, really hard to fit in.

What does show clearly at the time of this photograph is the man’s social savvy and assuredness. If manners are a math problem in each social situation, then Pratchett is a superb mathematician who quickly finds the equation in each social problem.

Then he starts introducing new variables, just for the funny of it.

Yes, this man is playful, curious, irreverent, iconoclastic and irrepressibly funny.

Aura Reading Databank at the Solar Plexus Chakra: Handling Conflict

Fills the room.

Searching for photo links, I did read a few random paragraphs about Terry Pratchett. One informed me that he is fond of travel, particularly to Australia. Well, that sure fits.

Sure he likes the Land of Extreme Sports.

Prachett is is an extreme man altogether, beneath the civility. Kind of like a liquidy, fat chocolate mouthful beneath a crunchy candy coating (stamped “M” for “M & M”s).

Terry’s power is especially evident during a conflict. Power, neither fear nor need to escape — so much more common in human beings.

Terry Pratchett feels unquestionably capable of winning conflicts. He wins by exercising his power and, especially, his brain power.

That mighty intellect can definitely be used as a conflict resolution tool. In a non-arrogant way, Sir Pratchett feels extremely capable of out-thinking anyone who would try to make his life difficult or compromise his plans.

Pause for Enlightenment Life List Screening

By now, Blog-Buddies, I’m growing curious. Three chakra databanks in a row were huge and completely STUFF-free.

Especially for a professional funnyman, how unusual that there has been a complete absence of STUFF! Besides that, I can’t help but notice a wild, free joy that can be the signature of self-realization, a.k.a. self-actualization, a.k.a. spiritual Enlightenment.

So I’ll next check out Terry Pratchett as a candidate for the Enlightenment Life List.

Well, hello! Welcome #141 on the Enlightenment Life List. All the chakra databanks I have researched are crystal clear and, admittedly, quirky in his case.

And while everyone I have placed on the Enlightenment Life List shows a certain degree of cosmic nakedness, somehow Terry Pratchett radiates more nakedness than most. He is, so very unabashedly, himself. Like a painting of Adam in the garden of Eden – without fig leaf.

Aura Reading Databank at the Throat Chakra: Communicating as a Writer

Fills the room plus several more inches

An extra power is evident in Terry’s writing, compared to his other communication chakra databanks. He doesn’t just write blockbusters. He is a kind of blockbuster.

Several times at this blog, you have heard me do aura reading research on certain celebrities who are described as “Coming in on the ray of Shiva.” Russell Brand, most recently.

Well, Terry Pratchett has come in on the ray of Vishnu. He is so fascinated by all the details of developing people, trends, intellectual milestones in earth’s unique little history of ideas.

Fascinated, Terry can understand just about anything he sets his mind to (at least before the Alzheimer’s, which developed after the photograph being read here).

Terry can understand people, society, etc. very easily; he revels in a playful tweaking, pinching, even re-setting of reality. He celebrates life on earth by helping to change it.

Conclusion

How many trends and minds and hearts have been re-routed through Terry Pratchett’s 30 books?

No selfish trickster or lowly prankster, Pratchett’s mischief-making is divine.

Like my Facebook fan page:

25 Comments on “Knighted Terry Pratchett, Aura Reading”

Amanda said:

YAY!! I’m not surprised but so pleased to read this, because the man who wrote those books deserves that recognition!

I envy anyone who still has the Discworld to discover and confess that most of mine are dogeared from rereading. He’s made me laugh, he’s stiffened my sinews in tough times, and I am always stunned by his depth and breadth and quickness of comprehension, allied to that big laughing heart.

I did wonder about his enlightenment when I read Thief Of Time, which takes the whole concept in its stride AND includes bonsai mountains :D

I’m so sad that he has Alzheimers, and sad to see it creeping into his later books, but when you say ‘how many trends and minds and hearts have been rerouted through Terry Pratchett’s books?’, my mind and heart are in there :)

Amanda

July 12th, 2012 at 2:31 pm
    Amy said:

I would love to learn more about what goes on aurically when someone has Alzheimers or is autistic. I guess that makes me a consciousness nerd too. That would be fascinating!

July 12th, 2012 at 3:09 pm
    Amy said:

Amanda Thanks for nominating him. While I had heard of him I had never given his books a chance. I’m going to try the Thief of Time that you mentioned. :)

July 12th, 2012 at 4:08 pm
    Jill Erin said:

Wow. I am so tickled to read this and so very happy to know that Terry is enlightened. I have loved the movies of Discworld but had no idea they were books. I will definitely start reading his books.

Amanda, I totally agree with you in everything you have said about Terry. I have watched the movies of Discworld several times and I RARELY watch a movie even twice. I can’t wait to read Thief of Time.

I, also, would love to see what happens to an aura with Alzheimers. It will be fascinating watching him as he lives out the rest of his days here on earth and how he handles this challenge. I know it will be very instructive for all of us.

Thank you, Rose, for this very interesting aura read. Good pick!

July 12th, 2012 at 9:26 pm
    Colleen said:

I once read a spiritual description of Alzheimers as slowly packing to exit physical life. Some people pack and leave quickly, some take their time to leave. At the human level it seems sad for such an intelligent, lively, and insightful person as Sir Pratchett is to go through this. However, one does not know why his entity or oversoul chose this type of leaving. Blessings to you Sir Terry for all that you have given!

P.S. The energetics of Alzheimers aura wise would be fascinating.

July 13th, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Thanks, you wonderfuls, AMANDA, AMY, JILL ERIN, COLLEEN. Okay, such a post will be delivered eventually in 2012.

COLLEEN, I didn’t take an earlier opportunity related to a comment of yours. So I will say this time how glad I am that YOU are still merrily traveling around, doing your important work, and not dispatched elsewhere in weather-related-quick-exiting.

xox to you all.

July 14th, 2012 at 11:12 pm
    Colleen said:

What a sweet comment Rose. I like seeing different places, but am so tired of the long shifts and switching shifts as far as sleep. As much as I love the babies, I do not know how much longer I can maintain working such schedules. Charlottesville, Va is very pretty.

I can’t wait for the energetics with reading an aura with Alzheimers!

July 15th, 2012 at 2:28 pm
    Somebody Else said:

Dear Rose,

Please include Asperger’s in your post (or a separate post, if that works better).

Thank you so much!

July 15th, 2012 at 5:54 pm
    Alexi said:

I really love Terry Pratchet’s books and it made me so happy to read that he is enlightened!
    Thank you Rose and Amanda.
    It’s been a while since I’ve read his books and this article made me want to read another one of them :)

I thought a serious disease would always have an underlying energetic cause, like past life issues or heavy emotional trauma. Makes me wonder how could he get Alzheimers if he did not have any stuff in his aura. Maybe the causes of his condition are only physical and not energetic.. Or maybe there are some energetic problems that do not show in the aura..

July 15th, 2012 at 10:37 pm

ALEXI, your question takes me back to when I was new to learning about energies. I had the idea that if someone was energetically healed or whole or Enlightened, any of my fantasy ideas might come true.

For instance, I used to volunteer doing Reiki at the Whitman-Walker clinic in Washington D.C. I did an interview, published in Pathways Magazine, with a title like “Can spiritual healing cure AIDS”?

The director of this clinic was patient and kind with me. He explained that, no, Reiki doesn’t cure AIDS.

When a physical disease process is set in motion, hello! That process takes on a life (or, guess you could say, a death) of its own.

Your question suggests to me that it might be time for you to sort out what is human, what is biological, what is objective reality, vs. what it means to have emotional and energetic clarity.

To some degree, a disease process can be halted or healed because of emotional and energetic healing. However, there is a point of no return.

At a certain point, I had to be reminded of this, for sure. If you didn’t, good for you!

And in any case, thank you for your comment here at “Deeper Perception Made Practical.”

July 16th, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Also, ALEXI, just making sure, you do understand that no amount of energy work, spiritual healing, even my beloved Energy Spirituality is going to keep a person from physically dying. Right?

Enlightened people from my very own Enlightenment Life List have died. Including Enlightened people I have personally known!

Blog Newbies, that Most Popular Post at this blog can be found here:

July 16th, 2012 at 2:33 pm
    Rachel said:

Hi Rose,

Would I be correct to assume then that you don’t go along with the very popular New Age attitude that most physical illnesses have a “message” for us, or that they indicate that we are “out of balance” in some way?

July 16th, 2012 at 4:58 pm

One more great question from that RACHEL. :-)

As a healer, I have had to sort out many nuances on this theme. So here come little answer-type chunks for you — and other blog-buddies — to run by your spiritual self-authority.

As a beginner, I was fascinated by “Heal Your Body” type thinking.

Currently, I believe that Louise Hay-style affirmations have just about zero effectiveness for healing, other than the placebo effect.

Physical illnesses are not another psychological issue to work on by doing analysis or affirmations or other conceptual thinking.

July 16th, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Removing STUFF through Energy Spirituality Techniques, including Soul Energy Awakening, I have definitely had clients who healed physically.

In retrospect, it is possible to make some connections. Such as “Stored anger and powerlessness gave you headaches.”

What about theories in advance? They don’t bring healing generally, although the occasional well-understood Aha! can be part of a miraculous healing, for sure.

July 16th, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Dr. Joan Borysenko has written compellingly about New Age Guilt. I read some of her work about this decades ago. Since then she has published a book on the topic:

Often, a path can do its full benefit and then becomes part of a person’s defense system, producing diminishing returns for personal growth.

Overall, I think there can be benefit to taking responsibility for one’s health.

Once this is established, it’s time to let go of slick answers about causation, or depth analysis, or trying to substitute ideas for physical healing when qualified medical help is needed.

July 16th, 2012 at 5:57 pm

And one last part of my response to your question, RACHEL, is about the relationship of emotional and spiritual distress to physical illness.

I believe that emotional and spiritual distress can, over time, lead to health problems that then require their own skill sets for healing.

Definitely, by skill sets and training, I focus on emotional and spiritual healing, especially STUFF removal and putting in what works for a soul at that phase of that soul’s evolution.

I leave to others, with different specialties, to wisely facilitate holistic healing where the body is the point of entry.

July 16th, 2012 at 5:59 pm
    Truthseeker said:

Pardon my ignorance, but would someone explain what “coming in on the ray of Vishnu or Shiva” means? I’ve heard it on this blog and elsewhere, but haven’t been able to find the exact origins of that expression. I’m guessing it’s Hindu or Vedic?

July 16th, 2012 at 6:03 pm
    Alexi said:

Thank you for the answer and your perspective, Rose. I’ll have to think more about your questions.
    No, I don’t believe that energy healing can save someone from getting old and dying, but I am sure it can slow aging symptoms and increase vitality.
    As for the extent of how energy healing affects health, I am new to it and don’t have enough observations. I am trained in Soul Realignment and we were taught a protocol for finding energetic causes of a physical symptom and healing them in the Akashic Records. I’ve only done a few readings/healings so far so I’ll have to do a lot more until I can form an opinion.
    I am always interested in what different modalities have to offer. I’ve recently read “Use Your Power of Command” and really liked the techniques. (As well as humor :) )

July 17th, 2012 at 12:43 am

ALEXI, thanks for your kind words about “Use Your Power of Command for Spiritual Cleansing and Protection.”

Thinking on your own, self-authority, really is key. It is awesome that, as a newcomer to energy healing and mind-body-spirit, a.k.a. New Age, you are thinking on your own and evaluating as you go.

July 17th, 2012 at 9:46 am
    Rachel said:

Thanks for your detailed answers, Rose.

I agree with you about affirmations not being effective and also about the perils of analysing our health problems.

However, I haven’t made my mind up yet whether things that are in a “physical” category can be completely unrelated to other categories i.e mind/spirit. Like ALEXI, I don’t know enough about this yet.

July 17th, 2012 at 9:53 am

Because you have that self-authority, ALEXI, I am going to be bold and do something uncharacteristic in this blog, which is to comment on another healing modality.

(There is one, in progress, on Kryon’s new “Meld” with his channeler, and what consequences were for one of my clients. Except for Energetic Ponzi Schemes, or lauding Enlightened healers and teachers on my Enlightenment Life List, I really prefer to steer clear.)

That said, and with all respect to your teacher… also acknowledging my ignorance of this particular Soul Realignment technique, I am going to share my strong reaction to what you have summarized.

The Akashic Record is, of course, a Divine-level, perfect, record of lifetimes of each evolving soul.

Am I to understand that your workshop teacher has trained you to go into this highest vibration perfection, to read it (fine!).

And then you have been taught enough about causation and each individual’s sacred and distinctive process of evolution to form a definitive perspective what is needed to fix what you, the human, decide are problems?

And that you then have been authorized to go into the Divine Akashic Record and tinker with it, improving it as you go?

Really! And this would be because you know better, over the span of lifetimes, what is needed for a soul’s evolution and you know exactly how to fix it? Better, for instance, than God (whose Record this is)?

Wow, I knew I hadn’t heard everything yet!

I don’t want to go into further discussion of this healing modality at the blog, but I do invite you to think on your own about how much sense this makes. You know, common sense.

There are so many appropriate ways to align a soul, perhaps including many other techniques that you have learned from this teacher. But that’s a pretty shocking basic premise about “I’m so special that I have the right to fix up The Akashic Record.”

One invitation I do give you for the blog is to submit this teacher for the Enlightenment Life List (see instructions at our #1 Most Popular Post, in a column to the right).

In my experience, it is perfectly appropriate for a human healer to aim to bring healing at the human level, or to move out STUFF lodged at the astral level. But to go in at the Divine level and fix creations of perfected beings?

I am very curious about the standing, in consciousness, of such a healer.

July 17th, 2012 at 9:56 am

Way to go, RACHEL. Use that self-authority.

Incidentally, I wasn’t claiming there is NO relationship between the various components of mind-body-spirit.

July 17th, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Well, TRUTHSEEKER, Ray of Vishnu was defined fine for our blog purposes in the post itself:

July 17th, 2012 at 12:23 pm

If you are interested in “Ray of Shiva,” remember. There is a search box at the upper right column.

If you type that in, you will find many relevant posts:

July 17th, 2012 at 12:25 pm

For the follow-up aura reading of Sir Terry Pratchett with Alzheimers, see today’s post:

August 13th, 2012 at 2:29 pm