Rick Archer interviews Rose Rosetree on Householder Enlightenment

Diane Rehm, an easier interview

What an honor, doing an interview for Rick Archer’s video collection of Enlightened people who can talk a lot. It was so different from the 995 media interviews I had done before. Click here to see it.

By comparison, it was way easier to be interviewed by Diane Rehm or Thom Hartmann or even Steve Doocy; reporters for the L.A. Times, The Seattle Times, The Washington Times, The Washington Post, The Catholic Standard.

It was even easier to be interviewed about Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart, and then be spoofed in a segment on “The Colbert Report.” Because those interviews were about face reading, aura reading, or Empath Empowerment skills, not really me, and definitely not about the tender topic of growth of consciousness.

Granted, Rick and I did discuss these aspects of Deeper Perception. But initially he asked about my personal story.

Awkwardly for me, this was the first interview where I was asked about myself. You’ll see me subdued at first, between figuring out where to look at the webcam and wondering what to tell Rick Archer, who interviews one Enlightened person at a time.

This wasn’t my chance to help people in the usual ways, not this interview for “Buddha at the Gas Pump.”  I was on the spot, doing Enlightenment coaching directly, rather than the usual indirectly. Among other things, it was my first chance to mention “Householder Enlightenment” in an interview.

Hours flew by, nearly three of them. Actually, Rick and I talked for nearly four hours straight. (It was his longest interview to date, he said by the end.)

At Rick’s site, you can see the full interview in one ambitious watch — or download it as a podcast. Alternatively, of course, you can stop and watch different chunks later.

Afterwards, you can comment. You could also copy any comment and put it here, as well. Or vice versa. Advice for commenting can be found below at Comment 20.

I would appreciate this. Many of the folks at Rick’s website do the very harsh, insulting thing with comments that one sees a lot on the Internet… pretty far away from the civil and respectful culture here.

Yet one more reason to be grateful for you Blog-Buddies, and the community we create together!

65 thoughts on “Rick Archer interviews Rose Rosetree on Householder Enlightenment”

• 1
  • 2
    Jill Erin says:

How delicious, Rose. I have bookmarked the site and will plan to watch in chunks, as you suggest.

• 3
    Elaine says:

Very nice Rose. I too am heading there.

• 4
    Miranda says:

In our phone sessions I hear the animation in your voice but it was a treat to watch your face as you spoke! I have watched an hour so far and will chunk it throughout the week. It was interesting to hear your story about how you got started with your own unique teaching path.

• 5
    Jordan says:

This is a great interview, so full of content. And I love hearing the personal stuff.

Those commenters are a bit snarky, eh? There are some school bullies hanging over there. Maybe they haven’t head of karma?

About direct vs. indirect Enlightenment Coaching… do you think a more direct approach could ever make it’s way into your usual work? Or is that just not what you’re about?

• 6

Ladies, thank you so much. 🙂

JORDAN, I cracked up at your observation. Really! Folks at an Enlightenment website (and especially many participants with a Buddhist orientation) snarking away as if not having heard of karma.

• 7

What about the Enlightenment Coaching part?

Well, in hindsight, it has always been an indirect part of Aura Healing and Transformation — not foisting a particular agenda on my clients but just how everything in Energy Spirituality and Energetic Literacy techniques move there.

Sometimes, now, as appropriate, I will add a little suggestion or so when someone appears really close to Enlightenment, a few minutes of direct coaching within a session.

In future, will I offer official “Enlightenment Coaching Sessions”? Perhaps. Mitch (the Mighty Webmaster, Appointment Maker, Workshop Coordinator etc.) is working with me to edit the //www.rose-rosetree.com website.

So much is being rewritten, as we strive for greater clarity. I’ll keep all of you posted.

Of course, all you Blog-Buddies who do sessions with me have been getting “The good parts” all along. Any session I do, regardless of technique, will mostly be about the intention you choose. (Or that we wind up negotiating together.)

And from my perspective, with Householder Enlightenment, whatever moves your forward with soul thrill is a big part of your personal path to Enlightenment.

That is one reason I am so excited about the upcoming annual workshop for Thrill Your Soul Aura Reading Research.

Small reminder, if any of you can attend, details are here:

//www.rose-rosetree.com/goal-setting-with-aura-reading-workshop.htm

• 8
    Elaine says:

Rose, very comprehensive interview. I wanted to leave a comment at the site but it didn’t let me in.

• 9
    An Avid Reader says:

Wow! How wonderful!!! I watched the first few minutes and I cannot wait to watch all of it in chunks!!! I am so looking forward to this! Thank you, Rose!

• 10

Aw, AVID READER!

ELAINE, I am making inquiries and will get back to you on this as soon as I can. Thanks for asking!

• 11
    Dave says:

I really enjoyed this interview and it contained lots of deepening of information about certain concepts that I hadnt considered before. I thought Rick did a great job as well. Lots of good Auric modeling on display.

I also think your techniques and skillsets and understandings are ahead of their time Rose. They’re so counter culture to the “everything is all beautiful all the time, it you just let go of the ego and meditate all the time” that’s popular in New Age. As a result they will ruffle some feathers. A lot of people will be jarred when presented with cutting edge ideas that don’t fit in with their worldviews. I remember the first time I read 30 days to Empath Empowerment I was taken aback and shocked by much of what I read. If I was on a blog at the time, commenting anonymously, I might have posted snarkily.

Unfortunately those posting the derisive comments don’t know the immense power and healing that your techniques bring, just because they’re so radically different from a lot of spiritual, new age, self improvement ideals out there, and they’re missing out on a lot of growth opportunities, spiritually, emotionally, and financially.

You also communicate with a power and conviction when teaching your ideas (look at this muscular jaws!) that I think catches some people off guard because the prevailing ethos of new age / spirituality focuses on letting go, turning the other cheek, be meek, never get mad at anyone, etc, the traditional archetype of the detached monk or priest. So I think viewers / clients expect one thing, and if they don’t get it, it’s easier to accuse or judge than to stay open to something new and different. I’d imagine you know this well by now.

Overall I think the revolutionary nature of your teachings will speak for themselves and I believe they will continue to grow in popularity, and might be considered the basis for whole new skill sets that become much more wide spread and appreciated in time. So in 50 years many people might think of Rose Rosetree as a sort of luminary who introduced a whole new aspect to new age thinking in a clear, well researched manner. Because one of the key aspects that stand out about your teachings is how well thought out and executed they are. There’s little wishy washy woo woo feel good feel the vibes about them. That’s why they stand out so powerfully, to me at least, in a field dominated by vague instructions and idealistic teachings. They’re scientific, linear, and rigorous in a way that would appeal to the nerdiest of engineers, if they were evolved enough to accept that more exists in the world than the physical.

• 12
    Dave says:

And not that there is anything wrong with feeling happy and good and what not but I think the path to enlightenment, or just the road to becoming an effective, successful human, as especially for empaths, requires a lot more than that.

• 13

DAVE, here I was, about to sign off from work… a typical Rose Rosetree workday of some 10 hours of fun this and that. Mostly fun, anyway, today.

Saw just a couple of last comments to click in.

This little chunk ‘o God in the form of Rose just opened her eyes inside her eyes and went “Wow!”

One of the sweetest things anyone has ever written or done, as I move on my way.

Nearly speechless, I can at least muster up a “Thank you, DAVE.”

• 14
    David says:

I’ve come by here after reading your intro on the Batgap interview. Much better than the usual canned ad. I plan to watch the interview as a result. Lots of great content here.

And don’t worry about the commenters. A lot of attitude and a little social thing that carries forward from interview to interview. They’re not as bad as they might seem – largely a lot of skepticism. Typically a neo-advaita lot who favour minimalist teaching on Self Realization, missing the richness possible.

Because of all the off-topic discussion, few other people read the comments. But you already have 350 podcast downloads and 745 video views and climbing. Look forward to watching myself. 😉

• 15
    David says:

PS – if you want to comment on Batgap, you just have to sign up with WordPress. Instead of being moderated like here, you log in. A different way to control spam – sort of.

On the Comment form, click “Logged In”, then under the WordPress login, click “Register”. It’s simple and quick and not spam producing. This is good for all such WordPress sites. If you have a WP blog, this is a different login than your Admin one.

• 16
    Amy says:

Rose,

Loved this interview, love the length! Tried to listen in one go the other night but needed to go to sleep half way through.

The exploration further of the renunciate/householder divide was especially helpful. I think that is something I need to look at.

Also, although I have read about straight noses in “The Power of Face Reading” and “The New Power of Face Reading” your expansion here helped me understand why I am currently struggling in my current role. There are no rules and procedures to follow! I have to create them all from scratch! Aaargh! LOL

Still only half way through, might comment more later 🙂

(Also crossposted this, had to register for wordpress again)

• 17
    Amy says:

Finished it yay. I had never heard of the ‘capture the fort’ idea before.

Also I think your exploring Rick’s experiences of ‘fibbing’ helped me understand more how you can’t tell who is enlightened just from their human personality.

Also just wanted to say I realised I sounded slightly mean saying I needed to go to sleep half way through- that was because it was 4:50 am in the middle of the night LOL. Not because I wasn’t enjoying the interview 🙂

• 18
    David says:

Thanks, Rose and Rick. Quite enjoyed the interview. It strikes me that Rose would make a great dinner guest for rich conversation.

I had a good laugh at Rick’s early joke about “enlightenment fundamentalists.” I’ll observe that many started switching in the ’05-’06 period and its been accelerating.

I’ve noticed that everything “outside” is a projection of what’s “inside”. Thus, if we can learn to read it, we can explore the subtle right on the surface. Fingerprints, hands, head bumps, faces, planets, the pattern of leaves on the ground, and everything else is a reflection of what is expressing through us.

I would not say your enlightenment definition was clear. Connected sounds more experiential than a state of being. Being clear of “stuff”/stress/vasanas and having the skills to read that is interesting. I’ll come back to this in the sattva/atman difference further down. That seems to more reflect purity than awakeness.

I agree with the point that there can be a stage prior to CC, described as “I am Consciousness”. Maharishi actually makes reference to “Self Consciousness” in the commentary of the last verse of Chapter 6 in the Gita. Other teachers like Genpo Roshi also talk of such a stage and I know several who started witnessing full-time well before they actually “switched” into CC. The Kundalini tradition describes the mechanics.

I’d also comment on “flashy”. A lot of celestial perception stuff sounds flashy but really isn’t. It’s just kind of normal, seen to the limit of our capacity and acceptance. The “flash” is when it has a “blasting” or intensity effect and is something new. Reaching Makara and thus making the witness stable pre-waking would be an example per the above pre-CC stage. Some experience this as a blinding white flash that briefly obliterates the world.

One question that came up that was not answered is ‘can you be enlightened and not know it’? Yes. I’ve seen a few examples. They needed someone to tell them. They typically suspected but had no gauge to confirm. I’ve also seen how confirmation can speed up progress afterward.

I’d also comment there are 3, not two more stages. Don’t forget the Great Awakening, or in TM terms, BC.

The householder/renunciate discussion was interesting. I have a strong intellect and recall back in the mid-70’s, I explored the back of Science of Being where Maharishi outlines the paths to God. As the path of the intellect was for renunciates only, I got the impression this was my necessary path but had no idea how to pursue it. I notably got no support for it either. Later, I realized we’re more a mix of paths and that each stage can require aspects of a different path. Devotion is stronger in the GC phase, for example, and the intellect in Unity.

I have observed that some are in a deep detachment mode, often with an impersonal journey who see awakening as the totality of their purpose. The Advaitist ideas appeal. And those in a more personal mode who are seeking ways to live the awakening in the world. Where enlightenment is just the fort, the beginning. The co-creator thing I wouldn’t quite concur with as that more reflects our relationship with God and degree of Unity.

I’ve also found it useful when checking out a teacher – what are the results? There are lots of teachers getting no results. And a much smaller number who are surrounded by the awake. Mike’s list would be an example of the later.

The discussion of the chakra databases as tubes is interesting. It sounds like what they call nadi’s in Sanskrit. These are related to the Yoga Sutras and siddhis (abilities). In the kundalini tradition, the openings in the lower 6 chakras petals are managed by the crown. That’s not the tubes but they’re certainly related.

I did think it useful to raise the Ayurvedic perspective of the 6 Bhavas (houses). The basic idea is that we come into this life with 6 contributing influences. Half are from the body’s side and half from the soul. Of the 2nd, 2 of the 3 are sattva and atman. We bring past spiritual development forward into this life and continue where we left off. High atman and lower sattva would be indicated by someone like Nisargadatta who had a very clear awakening but no talk of refined perception, smoked heavily and died of lung cancer. Someone with higher sattva but less atman would have the refined perception but not yet be awake. My question then arises – the reading of the databases – are you reading Sattva (purity) and related GC development? Or does this actually reflect atman and awakening? Shakti or Shiva?

I agree with Rick and the discussion on benchmarks and standardization of terms. It’s a hodge-podge that gets in the way of understanding. It also makes it difficult for healers and therapists to support people on a journey. Can it be benchmarked? Yes. There is an underlying process that is reflected energetically (differently than Rose describes) but is experienced in a variety of ways subjectively. For example we have people with ego death into no-self and people with ego expanding to cosmic Self. Same thing, just a different subjective relationship with the process. But if we understand the underlying process, we can benchmark it.

Laughed at “some dead guy”. It’s so true. I fell into that trap early on and then avoided the whole thing for a long while. Came back to it “backwards”, top down which is much better. And yeah, the muck is in the astral so not what you want to lead with.

The discussion reminded me of when I realized there are no secrets.

I’ll also note the choice to stay slightly separate or merge with God takes place late in Unity, potentially in the shift to Brahman (if we merge) when we transcend Atman. It’s the completion of GC but I wouldn’t class it as a GC phase experience.

The empath discussion was also interesting. Unskilled is right. But can’t say I’m interested in experiencing what others are – Yuck! Enjoy being a tree or bird better. But I’m reminded that you’re always experiencing from where you are now in consciousness, not necessarily where the subject is.

Most spiritual teachings are solely about how to get enlightened. Some are very renunciate-oriented; the world is illusion, etc. But if you’re living in the world and these things are coming up, it can be very useful to know how to turn it off, manage it and what to avoid. These are not commonly well understood and theres a lot of drivel out there about it. Great to hear someone who gets some of it better.

• 19
    Elaine says:

Hi Dave: Yes, I have a wordpress blog account, and signed in, but it still would not recognize me and let me log in. Go figure. I intended to leave a glowing comment, (in my own way dissing all the above negative stuff) and may still if I can get in.

• 20

ELAINE, imagine, you brought me tech inspiration.

Yes any chance to get a comment from you, or other Blog-Buddies at http://www.Batgap.com — actually got me trying to be a tech person. LOL

So, here is what I found workable.

Scroll to bottom of the page. Where it says, “Sign in with WordPress,” they mean a WordPress account just for that site.

So don’t try to use the WordPress account you already have elsewhere.

Resign yourself. Once you type in your email and intent to sign in (as if for your first Groundhog Day experience of WordPress anywhere), they will send you a password by email.

Once you get that, you can type in http://www.batgap.com or the url for a particular interview… like the one for me,#149:

Next you scroll to the bottom and fill out the COMMENT form.

I really like that you have to solve a simple word problem to get through, rather than reading those weird squiggly letters that are sometimes common. And that I often get wrong anyway.

Hope that helps, Blog-Buddies and casual lurkers. And what a lark if it turns out that I can help ELAINE do something on a computer instead of vice versa. 😉

• 21

AMY, so glad you’re doing the music. Also that you appreciate the “Capture the Fort” idea. 🙂

• 22

DAVID, thank you for your first 12 comments here. 😉

I mean that comprehensive one, showing so many years of experience and questing.

You make a really excellent point about how teachings related to Enlightenment tend to be for renunciates, recluses. This blog is about many components of growing — face reading, aura reading, Skilled Empath Merge, being a smart New Age consumer, and also the emerging theme of Householder Enlightenment.

Consider yourself welcome any time.

• 23
    David says:

Elaine
    Sorry I wasn’t clear. This is NOT the same as your own WP account login. You need to Register for one on the site.

• 24
    David says:

Rose – yeah that was an epic comment but it was a long Interview with many great points. I also posted it on the interview but the discussion continues on the prior interview for some reason.

Note the question midway which I touch on near the beginning, then come back to in the Ayurveda paragraph:

“My question then arises – the reading of the databases – are you reading Sattva (purity) and related GC development? Or does this actually reflect atman and awakening? Shakti or Shiva?”

What you spoke about fascinates me and I am working on the framework you 2 spoke about. But to be as inclusive as possible, I’d like to ensure i don’t miss a key aspect. I’d appreciate your thoughts or consideration for later feedback.

• 25
    Primmie says:

Am so looking forward to watching this.

• 26
    David says:

Rose – any suggestion of where to start on the blog? I’ve reviewed your web site FAQ page.

• 27

DAVID, with your Comment 24, glad you liked my interview at http://www.batgap.com. 🙂

Feel free to comment and cross post. The style at this blog is to do multiple short comments, more like chunks of information.

Makes everything so much more readable, don’t you think?

• 28

Continuing with this question, DAVID:

Just to be clear, chakra databanks are not “databases.” To understand them more, you might want to click on aura reading posts at the blog, such as this recent article about Tom Cruise:

//www.rose-rosetree.com/blog/2012/12/10/tom-cruise-aura-reading-chakra-databank-energetic-literacy/

For a more in-depth, systematic understanding, I recommend getting a copy of “Read People Deeper.”

Here’s more about it, including a chapter to preview and the 50 categories for reading auras in detail (along with other methods for Deeper Perception):

//www.rose-rosetree.com/aura-reading-face-reading-body-language-book.htm

• 29

It tickles me, DAVE, that you’re asking with technical terms that are not the usual conversation at this blog.

Blog-Buddies, when Dave asks about “GC Development,” he is using shorthand for a glorified stage of Enlightenment, in contrast to basic Enlightenment.

The topic of developing states of consciousness is discussed in this part of the blog:

//www.rose-rosetree.com/blog/2012/04/11/enlightenment-develops-self-actualization-realization-chakra-databanks/

• 30

Otherwise, let’s put off your other questions about chakra databanks until you have learned more about what they are.

And moving on to how you might learn more about the huge amounts of info about Energy Spirituality and Energetic Literacy, one elegant introduction would be to go to the set of FAQs at the main Rose Rosetree Website:

//www.rose-rosetree.com/faq.htm

• 31

Another way, DAVE, to explore the results of my 42 years of work in mind-body-spirit, personal development, etc.

Check out the 10 Most Popular Posts, which can give you appreciation for the range of topics.

Unlike many spiritual teachers, I am also a healer who works with over 1,000 session hours per year, real life practical helping.

If any of these topic areas interests you, by all means, go over to the blog column on the left. Choose your topic of interest and click, then choose from many blog posts available.

Or type in a favorite topic, like “Healing” — which is my translation of “Sattva.”

• 32

From your comments, DAVE, it seems clear that you are a systematic thinker, not a casual investigator.

So might I suggest that you get one or more of my books? The writing is better. The development is sequential. And a full-length book is meant to pack a wallop that cannot happen at a blog — at least not a blog that I know how to write, so far.

Years are spent, writing and editing these books, each one co-created with Divine help. Longest work was 9 1/2 years, “Wrinkles Are God’s Makeup.” Runner-up? “Aura Reading Through All Your Senses,” the main focus of my writing for 6 1/2 years.

To browse among a big variety of topics within Energetic Literacy, Deeper Perception, and Aura Healing (a.k.a. “Energy Spirituality”), go to //www.rose-rosetree.com.

Use your own self-authority to decide what speaks to you!

• 33
    David says:

Thanks, Rose
    And agreed on the book. I’m working on one myself so I appreciate the challenges.

• 34
    Elaine says:

HI Rose and David. Yes, David, you were clear, and I did sign up again, never got a password, finally got a password, logged in, left a nice comment about Rose’s work, and then it disappeared (the comment). I couldn’t find it again. So strange. Okay, that’s just wacky. If anyone sees the comment, let me know but I can’t find it.

• 35

ELAINE, you are so sweet for having done this.

Teaching point to all Blog-Buddies: Before making a comment, it’s always good to save it as a document or create it as an email. That way, you will have it later.

Not that this would evidently have done you much good, ELAINE. 😉

• 36
    David says:

Elaine
    I checked and don’t see your comment. I do recall it being a hassle to sign up and make the first comment but then it worked. Perhaps there’s some weird lag between registering and allowing comments. Or it timed out.

And Rose is right. If filling in a web form, remember that what you’re seeing has been downloaded to your computer. When you click Send or Post, it then tries to upload what you’ve written but if the connection to the server has timed out or something has hiccuped, it can just drop into the void.

Some servers are flakier than others. Rick has upgraded BATGAP but it gets a lot of heavy traffic (video & podcast) so isn’t always reliable.

If you want to avoid such, write in something like Notepad or other text document and paste that into the form after. Or before you hit send, Select All (Ctrl-A) and Copy (Ctrl-C). Then a copy of it is in the Clipboard. If it hiccups you can post again by just Pasting. (Ctrl-V)

(Being a wordy guy, I’ve learned the hard way (laughs))

• 37
    David says:

Other fans have succeeded, btw.

• 38
    Jordan says:

David, thanks for being a batgap ambassador. I’m really enjoying your comments, like the long one up^^ there. All these words I don’t know for things I do know (sort of)… ooh I love it.

• 39
    Primmie says:

Rose you are a delight to watch. I especially like your drawings. I find you beautifully quirky, who else would draw a stick person while being interviewed about Enlightenment, that was wonderful! And you are so honest. It’s a great interview.

• 40

DAVID, I second JORDAN’s acknowledgment. Last night I went over to the comments section at http://www.batgap.com.

I thought of cross-posting some of my responses to you yesterday.

Yowza, I was really shocked at the ‘tude of so many there.

No hanging out in that gap for me! I do thank you Blog-Buddies who took the time and braved the tone long enough to write something appreciative about me and my body of work.

You, DAVID, seem to be the only one from that community who has gone onto this blog and interacted. So bravo to brave you!

On a path to Enlightenment, curiosity is an asset. Respect towards teachers allows one to discover the best of what they can offer.

• 41

PRIMMIE, thank you. Stick persons are not unusual in my repertoire. When it comes to visual talent, you and I represent the opposite extremes. LOL.

• 42
    Primmie says:

Your stick drawings are perfect. I loved you doing that in that interview. I just read the comments. I wouldn’t be surprised if you get a few lurkers on your blog who despite their contempt get drawn here for “some” reason. Sound familiar? 🙂

• 43
    David says:

Jordan – apologies if I didn’t define some of the terms – the post would have been even longer. 😉
    CC for example is short for Cosmic Consciousness, Maharishi’s term for awakening, what Rose calls Basic Enlightenment.
    Some of the terms are Sanskrit – sattva doesn’t really have an English equivalent. It is generally translated as something like purity. It is the golden glow some describe, the finest relative, the celestial. It is experienced as bliss and described in physics as virtual fluctuations of the vacuum. It is the ground state of mind. Sattva is one of the three gunas, essentially fundamental forces who’s interaction give rise to all of nature.
    Atman is Cosmic Self, spirit or source.
    And so on – try Google. 😉

• 44
    David says:

Thanks, Rose.
    Many of the regular commenters favor the minimalist Ramana approach. That was Rick’s early joke about the “enlightenment fundamentalists” in the interview. I had a good laugh at that. He knew it would irritate the neo-advaitists. They were actually harder on the prior interviewee. But they’re very minor compared to the over 1800 who have listened or watched your interview. 😉

The majority who come here will not comment on something new. But you might want to check your web stats. There may be lots more page views.

I’ll be writing a comment there shortly about how culturing the fine feeling level is key for what you call Glorified Enlightenment. One of the reasons its much less visible in our western culture – some even deny the stage exists. It’s also key for what Maharishi called Nature’s support. Nature functions on the feeling level. Guess what happens when we culture negativity. 😉

• 45

And thanks backacha, DAVID.

PRIMMIE, that is a very good joke.

• 46
    Amanda says:

Hi Rose and all,

I’m halfway through the interview and really enjoying it.

The comments section reminded me how obsessive and technical people can get: intellectual rather than heartfelt. I actually felt rather sad for these clearly devoted seekers.

It’s like seeing a group of people sitting next to a swimming pool having an intense debate about how arms should move in the breast stroke, rather than putting on their costumes and DIVING IN :D. I hope they all find their fun and joy.

Glad the water’s warm, Rose 🙂 – and I look forward to watching the rest of the interview.

Amanda

• 47

AMANDA, so glad you are enjoying the interview.

Those of you who are commenting over at http://www.batgap.com, or just reading comments there, might be in a position to answer this question.

I wonder, might some of the shock apparently induced by my interview — for some of the “swim observers” and experts at “Buddha at the Gas Pump” — involve expectations about emotions in Enlightenment?

Has this Rebel Leader done something naughty by having and showing emotions?

For many among the avid theoreticians and spiritual seekers in that online community, perhaps it might be that fun and joy (emotions just wisely chosen by you, AMANDA) are considered signs of un-enlightenment.

Many spiritual seekers and religious followers aim for just one idealized emotion, akin to wearing red wax lips.

For some Buddhists, perhaps, the goal is appearing peaceful. As if Enlightenment were any mood. Or lack of mood.

• 48

Enlightenment, however, is not a mood. Nor a personality characteristic. Enlightenment means a state of consciousness and, on the level of chakra databanks, having no STUFF stuck. Plus the energetic signature of Enlightenment is an underlying joy along with more superficial, fluid, healthy human emotions for that person.

Now, I haven’t seen much of my interview. But the bit that I have seen so far revealed something pretty typical about Rose Rosetree: Big emotions and lots of ’em.

This particular human personality is like what they say about the weather in Hawaii — lots of intense weather, and yet it moves through so quickly!

So I invite any of you who are seeing all or part of that looooooooong interview with wonderful Rick Archer to note the emotional shifts.

Personally, I think the most distinctive/important/potentially unsettling thing about Rose Rosetree’s auric modeling in that video is the intense, varied emotions that move through.

Yet notice, they do not stick.

For you, on your personal path to Enlightenment, with your distinctive human personality, you just might have a bunch o’ emotions as well. If it helps, let me assure you: Human emotions do not disqualify you from becoming Enlightened.

• 49
    Jill Erin says:

I watched the entire interview last night. I meant to only watch about an hour but just couldn’t quit, once I got started. It was so much fun to be able to show you to my husband. You were just like yourself – giggle. I just love how animated you are. You inspire trust because you are so open and right out there!

I will recommend this interview to anyone I feel would benefit from a very comprehensive intro to you and your work. I may not mention the length so as to not scare them off. It would be like handing someone a 1,000 page novel. But, they will not be unhappy once they start watching it. Those 3 hours fairly flew by for me.

• 50
    Jill Erin says:

Now, for your question of why all the snarkiness in the comments. I was shocked by how rude the comments were. I agree with Amanda that it seems to be the ones who are stuck in their heads. I guess that is why Buddhism has a path for those who are mostly intellectual. I hope something like that works for them. But, that isn’t an excuse for snarkiness.

I also think you are right that they see enlightenment as unidimensional. I was surprised by how enlightenment is manifesting in my own life because there really was no writing or roadmap out there having to do with householder enlightenment. This is where you, Rose, are such a brilliant pioneer in the world at this time.

• 51
    Jill Erin says:

One question, Rose. You never really got back to sharing how you were surprised enlightenment is for you. Could you share a little about that here?

And, thank you to you and to Rick for a wonderful interview! I will go to the Batgap site and leave a message when I have the time to deal with the technicalities.

• 52
    Sylvia says:

On a humorous note about things not being what people expect, I recently saw an interview of Tom Hanks (who is on Rose’s Enlightenment List) on Inside the Actor’s Studio. He is funny, passionate, forthright, and displays plenty of emotions.

For those of you not familiar with the series, the same questionnaire is always administered at end of the interview, and one of my favorite questions on it is, “If Heaven exists, what would you like God to say when you arrive at the pearly gates?”

To the merriment of the audience, Tom Hanks replies, “Ahhh, different than you thought, ain’t it?”

• 53

Thanks so much for all these comments, JILL ERIN. And do have a look at some Comments 20 and 36 above for tips on how to leave comments at http://www.batgap.com.

Re your Comment 51, there will be the occasional post on that topic. (Clever of you to find the hole in the nearly 3 hours of interview! You would make a fine editor.)

Mostly I am sorting things out and writing in various ways that I will share when ready. You know, most of my books at //www.rose-rosetree.com took me 3-6 years each, quietly feeling it through, writing and editing, and only after that chunk was completed, sharing it.

So glad WARREN got to meet me now. I’m sure looking forward to meeting him!

• 54

BTW, JILL ERIN, I join your shout-out about Rick Archer. He does a superb job interviewing.

All of the interviews I have seen with “Buddha at the Gas Pump,” he has done such a great job — asking THE interesting questions, keeping everything flowing along, caring but not credulous, and so easy to talk to.

• 55
    Sylvia says:

Just finished the 3-hour interview. I loved it, particularly seeing how animated you are.

To tell you the truth, the first time I had a phone session with you, I was a little taken aback by the amount of emotion in your voice. I didn’t know quite what to make of it. I think this was because I come from an academic background where everything is supposed to be so staid and serious. Then I met you in person, and I remember thinking, “Oh, I see. This makes more sense. She is an extremely bubbly individual.” And this time, watching your interview with all those emotions running through and yet not sticking, what came to my mind was, “How lovely!”

And thank you for the reminder in comment 48 that “Human emotions do not disqualify you from being Enlightened.”

• 56
    Amanda says:

Hello Rose and all,

On the subject of emotional flow, it’s a wonderful characteristic of a healthy human being. It’s when emotions are blocked and stored in the body that we get problems, after all!

I remember Jack Kornfield says something about the various ways that people can plateau in their meditation path, and avoiding human problems by seeking a plateau of intellectual calm is one of them (A Path With Heart, one of my favourite books).

But your comment about your emotional flow reminded me of something much more prosaic – the film Anger Management with Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson :D. I remember watching that a few times when I got stuck and was trying to get my emotions flowing again – trying to make a safe space for them. Great auric modelling, Rose!

Amanda

• 57

AMANDA and SYLVIA, thank you from a personal perspective (of course).

I also thank you for adding to our ongoing clarification about the nature of householder Enlightenment… what it really is.

AMANDA, that’s a great tip to use the “Anger Management” movie for therapeutic or evolutionary purposes. You inspired a new blog post. Here:

//www.rose-rosetree.com/blog/2012/12/22/movies-chopped-aura-reading-face-reading-enlightenment-coaching/

• 58
    Primmie says:

Hmm. I don’t know much about an “enlightened” state where people are just calm all the time, sounds pretty dull to me! I do know quite a lot about contempt though as it was a default position of mine for a looong time.

From my experience, when I used contempt it was because something was stirring in me that I couldn’t cope with feeling. Usually it was jealousy or fear. My guess is that a beautiful shimmery all the lights on and sparkly Rose Rosetree might very well make people react negatively if they’re repressing some deep feelings.

• 59
    Miranda says:

I listened to the last hour of your interview on the Buddha at the Gas Pump website, and it was so refreshing to hear you discuss the human imperfections of Mother Theresa and that she was not enlightened, as I have felt this for many many years and it was something sacrosanct to not mention that there might be flaws with this saint! Or that all is not as it appears to be.

• 60
    Lara says:

Hi all, I watched almost the whole interview in one sitting.. it was loong but I was hooked. Rose you are very lovely.

Anyway I just wanted to say a couple of things that some people might find helpful. There was some talk in the interview about classifying stages of enlightenment etc. I have found a free course by Almine in which various stages are sequentially described. This was really helpful to me because it corresponded with what and how I went through. its on her website.

I didn’t think I was enlightened (even knowing of Rose’s work and her description of what she checks for etc, because I was just pottering along being me feeling normal not checking my aura etc and also I had a totally inaccurate preconceived notion of what enlightenment was like). Then one day I woke up and it was silent in my head, I had no emotions, almost no energy to move, I felt like a drop of ink spread into the ocean. What was wrong with me?! Anyway some research led me to that course by Almine who I found through Rose’s aura reading. It described what I was going through and all the subsequent stages she described were exactly what I went through (minus the flashy abilities). I have read the descriptions of Cosmic, God and Unity conciousness and I do get it now with hindsight, but her descriptions are easier to understand for me, so I thought it might be helpful for everyone here interested.

I am not sure I get the renunciate/householder difference, my experience is that I did ‘give up’ things like identity and worldviews and agendas, but not deliberately, they just naturally released as the experience continued. Does that make me a renunciate? I don’t feel attachments to the world or to people anymore but I deeply enjoy it, I have a strong sex drive, I enjoy physical experiences and relationships more profoundly than ever. I am not sure they are mutually exclusive to me at this point but perhaps I am misunderstanding the definition.

Many thanks for the great and long (but not long enough) interview Rose, and for all the work you do and your courage in addressing (un)holy cows , its been really helpful to me on my path.

• 61

LARA, thanks and you’re welcome and big congratulations on your shift of consciousness.

Sounds like the difference between renunciate and householder Enlightenment has not been an issue for you because you have been a householder all along.

Here is one clue: Renunicates would not write “I have a strong sex drive” etc.

Human enjoyment as a householder never needs to be at odds with the spiritual connection you effortlessly enjoy.

No need to complicate.

• 62
    Lara says:

Rose thanks, I think I get it! My sex drive has had ups and downs but right now its having an up. On the other hand I have hardly any emotions (oh delicious emotions I miss you). It sounds weird but I expect it will change at some point too, because enlightenment seems to me a journey with many camp sites on the way, not a final arrival point.

Not to disparage anyones choices but my personal feeling is that sexual energy is enormously powerful and essential at some point in moving conciousness ‘up’. I say this because recently I used it to make a shift. I’m not talking about having sex but just harnessing the energy. Just some thoughts.

• 63

How wonderful that Blog-Buddy LARA has become #8 from our community to join the Enlightenment Life List. I requested her photo and this is a very obvious YES.

See her at this blog post as #174 on the Enlightenment Life List.

• 64
    Suzanne says:

Congratulations Lara!

I am also very excited to hear about Hillary Clinton. I had been noticing in her public appearances lately how kick-ass strong and articulate she is. What an exciting addition to the list.

• 65

SUZANNE, you realize? What you noticed is about householder Enlightenment, not just magnificent Hillary Clinton.

External speech and action don’t reveal what goes on at the level of chakra databanks.

And that Stage Three Aura Reading is, in my opinion, needed to evaluate whether or not a person has moved into Enlightenment.

However, it is quite relevant what you noted in your comments about Hillary Clinton at this time in her life. This strong and articulate woman is modeling how householder behavior can be when the person has no internal STUFF, and is lit up with the joy and delight of Divine connection expressing through her personal identity. Yes, Hillary Clinton has become a face of householder Enlightenment.

This is so different from the glorious qualities of renunciate Enlightenment, that often emphasizes qualities like serenity and simplicity.

Householder Enlightenment is the great social awakening of our start to the Age of Aquarius.