A Day in the Life of My Body, a Guest Post by Amanda

Amanda, comfortable not just in her own skin but with having the entire human body

One day in the life of my blog, I was monitoring comments.

This one from AMANDA stopped me in my very human tracks. Seemed to me, her words were chiming with truth and authenticity. She had shared some recent, enormous, discoveries about healthy physical self-awareness, becoming more physically embodied:

I am very body-focused now but that wasn’t always the case. It’s been a result of work and care and attention – I grew two inches when I first went for bodywork and it showed me how truly holistic the mind-body-spirit connection is.

I also found that tension patterns in my muscles, fascia and posture reflected distortions of viewpoint in the mind – or indeed my areas of learning – so I’m always aware of the part of my body that is releasing when I learn or understand something new.

And vice versa – breathing gently into tensions can often cause realisations without effort.

I have always been told I’m an earthy, grounded type though I wouldn’t have thought of it in those terms. I am certainly sensual, and love touch and relaxation and the feel of physical presence. In the past, however, I was a real absent-minded professor, always off in the conceptual.

I could write poem upon poem to my body now. It’s such a blessing.

Wow, thought Rose. And then I thought my equivalent of “Please, sir, I want  some more.” Immediately I emailed AMANDA and soon after she generously prepared today’s guest post. My links and headings, AMANDA’s amazing self.

Moving Forward Toward Householder Enlightenment.

As one with a physical body.

Rose wondered if I would write a guest post along these lines, and I’ve hesitated because it’s felt soooo personal, what’s unfolding at the moment.

I’m not at a point where I’m having profound realisations of my oneness with everything, which I would happily tell anyone about .

Instead things have got very human!

But here goes, because this idea makes me giggle a lot more than the more general comment I wrote before at the blog.

My body at the moment is busily engaged in turning me into a proper Girl. I’m attracting a lot of attention from lovely, lovely men, and one of them held me in his arms the other day and I felt safe, secure and protected by these beautiful male arms around me. I wanted to burrow into them and never come out again. I have NEVER felt that in my life!

I am also coming to terms with male lust in a way I never did before. In short, I like it. Again, I’ve always been scared and protective of myself in that respect. I feel a little like Beauty letting the beast in – and suddenly all the frog tales make sense. I have realised I’m safe and it’s OK to be wanted.

My entire physicality is changing. I feel bewitching, entrancing, sure of myself. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror the other day and thought ‘That girl’s got It!’

I have never had It before with any conscious understanding or sense that I could hold on to It.

It’s conscious learning that is grounding It as something permanent.

The physical feeling is a literal loosening and almost complete surrender in the muscles running down my spine, and various knots of anxiety are beginning to loosen.

• They’re still there and they still win on occasion, but the whole effect is a slow loosening and unwinding.
  • There is such a sense of solid, secure peace when it all comes together, but I can feel the knots and fighting still waiting to come up.
  • One of the knots is so intense that there’s a slight displacement in the lower rib.

On an emotional level, I feel (and again this is occasional rather than permanent – as yet) very sure of myself, clear in my boundaries, and well able to say ‘No’ and mean it.

So, that’s me today!

Today I danced, and stretched and did my normal life, but with this dance of unfoldment happening inside me all the way through.

I’m a little embarrassed to admit how new all this is to me (because I see women around me who worked it out years ago with no fuss or rib-clenching whatsoever!) – but I’m so happy I chose this path.

Allowing Consciousness to Include Inhabiting My Body More Fully

Coming to my body has been one of the most wonderful surprises and unfoldings I’ve ever experienced.

I used to zone out of my body quite frequently – in a slightly ‘absent-minded professorish’ way, but there came a point where things got so intense that I had to learn to be in my body or else – it was like bootcamp for getting hold of my consciousness and becoming present.

In the process I discovered that spending time in my body would calm everything down, and I started going for bodywork, stretching, engaging with gravity both standing and sitting. I grew two inches! and at originally 5’2” and now 5’4”, I’m very pleased with that 

Now, I might play games or think about things, as I did in the past, but there’s always an awareness of my body involved, and as I release my ‘stuff’ my body literally unwinds and loosens. I move like a professional dancer or a yoga bunny– and five years ago I was tense, tight, anxious and almost completely unaware. It didn’t happen from the outside, but from the inside.

I am a molecular empath but I also have Physical Oneness, and I think that may be why there was such a strong demand to literally ground into physical space.

I don’t pick up on people’s postures any more.

Now, I see my body as the ground for all my self-development.

• If I am tense or numb in some muscles, that tension and numbness reflects an area of my life where I’m stll zoned out or protecting myself.
  • Anger, resentment, resistance – they all show up in sinew and fascia and muscle.
  • Learning to fully relax every muscle is a beautiful process of coming into trust in both my ability to stand as myself in the world, and in life to take care of me.

Moving Forward on My Personal Path of Development, my Ph.D. at Earth School

Even my PhD on the opposite sex is held as an embedded pattern in my thoracic spine, and loosening that area creates ahas without any effort – but actually more than aha’s, a deep instinct that guides me without having to even think about it.

I am not the same person I was.

It has been occasionally rather scary to let go and allow myself to, for instance, pout – I was never ‘girly’ – but it’s part of the nature of womanhood, and realising how tense I’ve held myself even by the statement ‘I am not girly’, the suppression implied, and my complete blindness to that potential within me – it’s humbling.

It’s also cyclical – each unfolding and release brings me deeper into contact with physical being – the small shiftings and movements that are always occurring to keep us in balance, the precise feeling of temperature and air on my skin and the feel of my feet in my shoes. If I have a particular emotion I can dance it out, or if I’m feeling miserable, tight and tense, can use my body to express that feeling and begin to shift it that way.

There’s a wonderful book called ‘The Posture of Meditation’ by Will Johnson, which is the deepest and most beautiful love poem to the soul that I have ever read. In it, the author posits that simply by creating an aligned posture, the body can begin to relax, and effortlessly reveal the deepest states of enlightenment.

About Our Guest Poster for Today, This Woman, Amanda

AMANDA is a meditation teacher in England. She offers in-person courses and is currently developing a self-paced online course.

20 thoughts on “A Day in the Life of My Body, a Guest Post by Amanda”

• 1

I love this post Amanda, as I did your previous comments. I can very much relate to your journey, having also been an absent-minded professor and now being very very into my body. I also have physical oneness, I think you could be right about that need to ground. I still have a long ways to go in that regard. Anyways, thanks for your very inspiring post. Great photo!

• 2
    Primmie says:

What a beautiful post Amanda and you are very beautiful too. I’m delighted for you that you feel safe enough to thoroughly enjoy male attention.

• 3
    Suz says:

Thanks for being so real, Amanda. You look great. What you have to say is very encouraging.

Qigong, tai chi, and meditation are helping me too, as I get my “head out of the clouds.” It’s a nice difference, isn’t it!

• 4

SUZ, it IS encouraging that all of us can have physical self-awareness, emotional self-awareness, self-authority about these and also about thoughts and beliefs and opinions.

Alsoi each of us has a unique requirement for moving out STUFF and doing PUT IN, managing this in a way that is individually appropriate.

Just a reminder to any of you Blog-Buddies. Qigong, tai chi, and meditation — or simply paying attention to how your body is doing in a deeply investigative way — this belongs in one’s 20 minutes of Technique Time.

20 minutes tops, right?

And not all day long, hoping that the intermittent inner journeys will not add up to more than 20 minutes. Choose your dedicated Technique Time and check it with a watch or clock. Objective reality is your friend!

Millions in spiritual addiction have persuaded themselves they are improving themselves, and are working so very hard.

One of my favorite (favourite) aspects of AMANDA’s article today is that she is gaining more physical self-awareness as part of a balanced life.

• 5
    Suz says:

Yes, Rose, thank you for the reminder. These things I do in a supervised class with a master, at the most twice a week. Definitely not every day or all day long! That would probably defeat the purpose. 😀

Being grounded is getting much more comfortable.

• 6
    David says:

Thanks, Amanda, for sharing. It’s an important message as so many speak of Enlightenment along with detachment, even of denying the body. While there can be a sense of detachment with Self Realization, it is only the first step. With the flow towards Unity, it’s about bringing that inner awakeness out into the world, and into the body.

I would suspect Physical Oneness would enhance this emphasis, but still – it’s about living it, not just getting there.

• 7
    David says:

One small thing. With the clearing of Stuff and opening that happens with spiritual progress, we can experience life and emotions much more fully. Stronger emotions but unresisted, they simply wash over us, making life all the richer. Bigger love and happiness than we’ve ever dreamed of.

Further, as the divine in us awakens, we begin to see it in others as well. (Namaste!)

The trick though is to remember that this is your experience. “I wanted to burrow into them and never come out again.” was your appreciation of them. It’s beautiful. But try not confuse that with their experience. They may be sharing it but they may not. Or they may not be enjoying the depth you are.

This is not to throw a damper on anything – just to communicate, check in. That avoids surprises and unreasonable expectations.

It’s funny where this shows up. As we’re lifted up, we feel the whole world is lifted. And in a sense it is. But it may not be fully open in others yet.

Enjoy fully, play in the richness of life, and invite others to join you. Find out where they see themselves. 😉

• 8
    Amanda says:

Thank you very much Kylie, Primmie and Suz 🙂

I feel so honoured to have a guest post on this blog, wow!

Suz, I’ve been practising tai chi and Qi Gong for a long time now. It really works for physical grounding and general balancing. I love it.

Amanda

• 9
    Anita says:

Amanda,

I, too, did a double take when I first read your comment. And now I am thrilled to read your post. I love the emotional honesty in your words and how the truth rings so clearly, like a bell.

I not only felt moved by your journey, I felt a deep sense of joy and wisdom.

Thank you.

• 10
    Amanda says:

David, thank you.

I’m sure that’s true. It’s one of the reasons that I’m learning to ask questions, check in on other people’s experience, pay attention to objective reality.. all the wise advice Rose has given.

Seeing the Divine in other people, yes. But I’m very aware that they might not see it in themselves.

I’m sure there’s more learning to do. But I’m still happy to feel like I do!

I very much appreciate your input.

Amanda

• 11
    Teri says:

Amanda,
    Thank you for your post. Someday I hope to feel comfortable in my physical body in the way you describe. I understand perfectly the zoning out because I spent a lot of time in that state, doing tasks that require attention to detail. I found it was easier to zone out than to be who I really am. And being who I am means staying in my body and attending Earth School. This realization did not come easy, and I didn’t want to learn, but I am. I met one of Rose’s graduates (Linda Stone) who told me to check out Rose’s blog, specifically regarding empaths. Now, I didn’t know what an empath was at the time so I read the blog, took the quiz and had more than 20 yes answers. Despite this overwhelming answer I decided I couldn’t be an empath, refused to accept it and went on with my zoned out life. One day I was driving to work and saw someone I knew very well from a distance and did an unskilled merge. This person is the most unhappy, miserable and angry person I’ve ever met and I felt it all. A few days later, again driving zoned out, a woman crossed the street in front of me and she was so unhappy I almost cried. Enough said, I admitted (finally) to Linda I am an empath.
    I know I have a long way to go, but I want to feel happy and comfortable in my body and I thank you for your post, it gives me understanding and hope. And thanks to Linda for being my guide along the way!
    Teri

• 12
    Teri says:

Oh, and thanks to you, Rose!!!

• 13
    David says:

You’re welcome, Amanda. It can be a little disconcerting when you meet some divine being, only to discover they don’t experience themselves that way. 😉

But yes, enjoy your experiences to the full. That is the essence of why you’re here.

• 14
    Amanda says:

Hi Teri,

Becoming a skilled empath was crucial to getting comfortable in my body. I so understand your experience, and there are many others on this blog who will also resonate.

Your story reminded me of the time I was driving along the road and thought ‘Lift your thumb’ just before some random stranger on the side of the road did!

Unskilled empathy is powerful but much better when it’s brought under management. I rarely switch on at all these days.

Good luck with it all, you’re certainly at the right place.

🙂

Amanda

• 15

Thanks, AMANDA and DAVID.

TERI, you are just starting to explore Empath Empowerment. Since you are new to this, I would like to clarify something that might not be the least bit obvious to you.

This is a caring, sweet, smart community about “Deeper Perception Made Practical,” including empath skills.

Keep in mind, however, that Empath Empowerment(R) is a set of skills that is not taught at this blog.

Why not? Because the skill set is not teachable at a blog. Any blog.

For a legitimate skill set that involves consciousness, it is not a matter of support from a group, nor a set of tips you can gather.

Not that I am implying that you have been doing this, TERI. More a reflection of many recent requests I have had, “Just give me some quick tips and takeaways, Rose.”

It doesn’t work for empath skills. It just doesn’t.

• 16

What can help you, TERI and others who are interested in Empath Empowerment?

Use this blog and my website as a helpful supplement, not a substitute, for systematic instruction.

Empath Empowerment is actually easy, and so many at this blog have learned it — as they might comment below. (Any of you Blog-Buddies want to share how easy it was for you, gaining skills as an empath? Or what a difference this has made for you?)

You see, that very do-able skill set for empaths contains many bits and pieces of learning for how to position your consciousness. And done so it does not seem way abstract like the term “Position your consciousness.” 😉

Systematic instruction, in a sequence, is how I have learned to teach this…. based on helping thousands of empaths to successfully learn to become skilled empaths, not merely talented.

The most cost effective resource for you beginner empaths? It is “Become The Most Important Person in the Room” — which you can sample, and learn more about here:

//www.rose-rosetree.com/empath-empowerment-book.htm

An excellent supplement is “Empowered by Empathy.”

The audiobook continues to be available.

Fewer than 30 copies of the paperback for “Empowered by Empathy” are still in print. Just so you know, these remaining copies are now available only through Amazon.com. Or if you attend my upcoming workshop, “Use Your Power of Command for Spiritual Cleansing and Protection,” where any remaining copies will be available at the workshop bookstore.

• 17

One of the little projects around here, TERI and other Blog-Buddies, is the publication of an updated edition…

Which will actually have the word “Empath” in the title, rather than “Empathy.”

I didn’t know better, back in the day. This was, as some of you may know, the first book in English, ever, for empaths.

So I’m editing, will have to typeset, and will be also creating an authorized ebook.

All of this takes time. Maybe six months. I can’t predict, except that I don’t work more than 70 hours a week and, even with consultants for ebook conversion, these things take a great deal of time.

More time than you might reasonably expect.

It’s a fact that Kindle, Nook, and Smashwords are buggy and often change their requirements; it’s a fact that creating an ebook is not a snap at all. It’s a fact that I continue to go back and forth with talented, awesome consultants, requiring a truly weird, surprising number of follow-up emails over getting e-books uploaded and selling.

Just today, I spent more than an hour dealing with frustrating obstacles to overcome in order to complete the successful release of “Aura Reading Through All Your Senses,” the next ebook due for publication “Yesterday.”

(Hey, that’s what it takes here at Earth School right now. I’m not whining, Blog-Buddies, just telling you like it is.)

Bottom line, Blog-Buddies: If you are interested in having access to that particular book in the near future, you might want to get a copy sooner rather than later.

• 18
    Isabelle says:

I enjoyed reading this blog post by Amanda from 2013 🙂

• 19
    Katriina says:

ISABELLE I am so glad you commented on this post, as I haven’t seen it before.

• 20
    Katriina says:

AMANDA, thank you so much for sharing, you have given me some very helpful insight into the process.

Also “Engaging with gravity” – brilliant!