Empaths Have Neither Autism Nor Asperger’s Syndrome

Empath coach Rose Rosetree says, "Come on." Apples and oranges! Empath and Asperger's!
Empath Coach Rose Rosetree says, “Come on.” Apples and oranges! Empaths and Asperger’s!

So, here I am in my role as hiker in the Shenandoah Mountains. And a Molecular Empath. Also, for today’s post, I’m in my role as an Empath Coach, an energy spirituality healer who has developed the system of Empath Empowerment(R).

You don’t have to Google for long to read about confusions over different ways that consciousness functions outside mainstream feeling, thinking, and spiritual awareness. In fact, I just googled “autism empath” and came up with 91,000 hits.

Smart people are thinking. That’s good news.

Smart people are thinking about empaths. That’s very good news. Nobody can become a skilled empath  unconsciously, automatically, or by taking a few quick minutes to learn random tips over the Internet.

How can empaths like us raise consciousness about becoming a skilled empath? And how can this professional Empath Coach help to spread the word about skills that can make enormous difference for quality of life?

Let’s start with some much-needed clarity. Equating autism or Asperger’s Syndrome with being an empath is, quite simply, nonsense.

Why Empaths Have Neither Autism Nor Asperger’s Syndrome

Reason #1. Aura reading research amply demonstrates this. By “Aura reading,” I mean Stage Three Energetic Literacy, not the simple “I feel vibes” sweet beginner’s version of aura reading, which can be called Stage One Energetic Literacy.

Here are some links to blog articles that can make this “Zero in common” point clearer.

Autism and Asperger’s syndrome? When you can read chakra databanks, the truth becomes stunningly obvious. Neither variation in human consciousness has anything — any teensy weensy thing — in common with being an empath.

What about the term “Autism Empath”?

Blog-Buddies,  if you hear anyone use a term like “Autism Empath,” please raise a ruckus.

“Autism Empath” simply adds to the vast confusion in pop culture about what autism means, what it means to be an empath, what it means to become a skilled empath. Oy veh!

Why else does being an empath have zero real connection with autism and Asperger’s Syndrome

Reason #2. Psychological research makes it exceedingly clear that being a Highly Sensitive Person, or HSP, is totally different from autism and Asperger’s Syndrome.

Technical point from the author of Become The Most Important Person in the Room and Empowered by Empathy: All empaths are HSPs. While 1 in 4 HSPs is an empath.

Are there research studies about Empath Empowerment(R) and all the other skill sets in Rosetree Energy Spirituality?

Not yet, fellow pioneers in this emerging field. I welcome collaboration with those who combine a scientific background with interest in conducting rigorous studies.

For now, I invite you to consider what I have learned from case histories as an empath coach and healer. As a leader in this field, I have conducted many thousands of sessions, probably more than anyone else alive.

At least there has been some scientific research about HSPs. Today I encountered an excellent article about this by Dr. Elaine Aron, the Jungian analyst responsible for the genius discovery about Highly Sensitive Persons. She explains brilliantly why being a Highly Sensitive Person has absolutely nothing in common with either autism or Asperger’s Syndrome.

More clarity courtesy of the gold standard among psychiatrists and psychotherapists

Consider the “Diagnostic and Statistical Manual” (DSM) provided by the American Psychiatry Association. Within the mental health field, DSM manuals are the gold standard for sorting out what is, and isn’t a mental health problem.

(Is DSM perfect? No. We might more accurately call it a “Golden-ish standard.” 😉 But that still counts for plenty in the world of wild and wooly ideas about autism and Asperger Syndrome.)

DSM-IV and DSM-V group autistic spectrum disorders (ASDs) — autism and Asperger Syndrome — as “Pervasive Developmental Disorders.”

To quote Dr. Aron, “In all of these disorders, even if a person is said to be ‘high functioning,’ there is always severe, sustained, pervasive impairment in social functioning, plus highly restricted interests or repetitive activities. And sensitivity to sensory stimulation or sensitive sensory processing is never mentioned in the diagnostic criteria for ASDs.”

Again, in stark contrast to autism and Asperger’s Syndrome, DSM-IV and V do not include HSP as a mental health diagnosis.

Similarly, what if you are among the 1 in 4 HSPs who is also an empath? No DSM-IV or V diagnosis exists for that either. Nor should there be.

Empaths may suffer. Unskilled empaths do suffer. Yet this does not constitute a mental health problem, folks. Neither high sensitivity nor talent as an empath means a form of mental illness. Being an empath is not some kind of psychological disability.

And, of course, the term “Empath” does not just mean one type of gift. At least not for anybody other than a total beginner in this important field.

As a consumer of empath coaches and resources to help you, here is one idea that could prove helpful: When someone offers you advice as an empath, check to learn if that empath teacher possesses basic knowledge about what an empath actually is. Can that empath teacher clearly define what it means to be an empath? Or does a mushy or inaccurate definition serve as the basis for everything else being taught?

• Take this empath quiz to learn about the many gifts an empath can have. Any one of these would qualify you to call yourself an empath… and thus a candidate to learn skills of Empath Empowerment(R).
  • For an excellent article related to the extreme differences between being an empath versus having autism or Asperger’s Syndrome, see Susan Meindl’s essay on “HSP – What a Therapist Needs to Know About High Sensitivity.”

It’s time to stop thinking that “Empath” is a cute or trendy term to use irresponsibly

That is my opinion, anyway. And, yes, it’s a strong opinion from this empath coach.

Because more than any other work that I do in this world, I work as an emotional and spiritual aura transformer in the emerging profession of Energy Spirituality.

I care passionately about alleviating human suffering. Like many others (including folks with whom I disagree about what really helps empaths), I  do my best to bring people health, healing, spiritual self-authority, and skills that really work.

So here is a summary of Rose Rosetree’s personal perspective about what can, and cannot, help empaths significantly.

Blog-Buddies, you may know that Empowered by Empathy is the first book published for empaths in the English language, and many other languages as well.

When the concept of “Empath” began to work its way over to search engines, most of the hits for empaths were about science fiction.

Since then the field has exploded, with loads of books and experts who coach empaths. Pop culture became more interested in the term “Empath,” and so people began experimenting with it more serious ways. Folks began teaching empaths, holding support groups for empaths, etc.

Certain confusing, misleading terms for empaths have become popular. For instance, see this earlier blog article:  “Psychic Empath,” an important term to define … define and then reject!

Many intelligent, thoughtful people have added their own contributions about how to become a skilled empath. It is up to you, the consumer, to use discernment about what is offered. For example, I invite you to consider advice mentioned yesterday in a comment by Blog-Buddy GINA, who shared something she found helpful from the work of Dr. Michael Smith:

“… empaths sometimes have lessons to learn so they are attracted to narcissists because they need to learn about the darker side of sentient beings, and ultimately of themselves. Speaking from experience, I find myself attracted to narcissists or they’re attracted to me, I don’t know. I think it’s the hope that narcissists might not be as shallow as they appear because we, as empaths feel so much.”

How helpful is this sort of teaching to the rest of you, Blog-Buddies? It’s certainly appealing how an empath eager for help can get the idea quickly. Ah, that ever-popular desire for a tip or takeaway!

After you start relating problems with narcissists to your being an empath, then you could think about it for hours or days, analyzing your life experiences. Maybe you can find consolation. Maybe you will find many people to blame for your suffering as an empath. And if that is what you find really valuable, great!

Personally, I have one essential question to ask of any system, technique, tip, or takeaway for empaths. Does it prevent unskilled empath merge, with STUFF then being deposited in an empath’s auric field?

Granted, this takeaway that GINA shared in order to be helpful does not necessarily represent the best part of Michael Smith’s work. And you might want to research him online to learn more about the rest of what he offers.

Certainly, there is room for much discussion as humanity starts waking up to the presence (and needs) of empaths in this world. There is room for many opinions. There is also a crying need for empath skills that really work.

Because we empaths are not just cute characters in science fiction. The pain of any unskilled empath is seriously real, humanly very real.

Blog-Buddies, please participate in responsible conversations about being an empath. That includes educating folks who have self-authority but not yet very much skill, who mean well when making the preposterous assertion that being an empath has a lot in common with autism or Asperger’s Syndrome.

When you have a chance, Blog-Buddies, please spread the word about becoming a skilled empath. The results can be a big deal. Though they never will relate, in reality, to being autistic or suffering from Asperger’s Syndrome.

33 thoughts on “Empaths Have Neither Autism Nor Asperger’s Syndrome”

• 1
    David says:

Wow – I had no idea people were that confused about such things. I know an empath who helps parents communicate with Autistic kids. And unskilled empathy can make you feel kind of messed up. But autism is rather opposite & disconnected.

I also agree on empath skills that work. Lots of people talk about it and empath quizzes are becoming more common. Knowing is useful but what then? And if you actually want to be conscious of the process, would it not be REALLY useful to know the form your empathy takes?

• 2
    David says:

Just saw your Empathy Quiz for the first time. Long list of Yes’s but as several comments mention, much of the overwhelm is in the past.

Still playing catchup with your books though… 😉

• 3
    Linda Stone says:

Rosetree Energy Spirituality techniques have taught me how to be a skilled empath. Just as I have studied the art and practice of oriental medicine to learn exactly where to insert acupuncture needles, to facilitate healing, in my acupuncture practice. Rose taught me skills to consciously control my empath merges.

There were many times in my life when my unskilled, and unknown, empath merges caused me to question my sanity. I suffered a lot. I am not sure where the assertions of autism or Aspberger’s came from, and who equated either one with being an empath. In my experience the two, are mutually exclusive.

As an unskilled empath, in the past, my aura has occasionally merged with that of a mentally ill person. At that time, I had great difficulty deciphering from where my random, crazy, thoughts and feelings had originated. I could not tell the difference between myself and others. I spent many hours with psychologists and therapists who assured me repeatedly that I was not mentally ill myself. Still, with all their reassurance, I spent a lot of time analyzing where the those thoughts came from, as I sensed them hiding in my subconscious mind. I was secretly afraid the mental health experts were all wrong and that I was a certified “nut-job”.

I never found an answer to those questions, until I learned to control my empath merges in a Rose Rosetree intensive workshop. As a skilled empath, my life is soooooo much easier. I can tell the difference between my feelings and anyone else’s including plants, and animals and mountains and crystals.

Empath skills allow me to be me. Empath skills also allows me to use my acupuncture skills to help people in my work. Because at work I am not doing unskilled empath merges, I get to be me, myself and I.

And, I LIKE IT!

A LOT!!!!!! Thank you, Rose

• 4

DAVID, thank you so much for all your comments today.

Yes, related to your Comment #1, it is outrageous how much confusion exists between the terms “Empath” and “Autistic” and “Autism” and “Asperger’s Syndrome.”

I have seen it on Facebook. As well as online. In fact, I think we had a little thread here where someone posted a comment about wondering if someone with autism was really an empath.

So important to understand what it means, and does not mean, to be an empath!

• 5
    Gina says:

Um…..I’m really sorry for posting all that obviously erroneous information. I’ll try not to do that in the future.

• 6

GINA, no apology needed. And I hope you don’t feel as though you deserve an apology from me for using some of your comments as a springboard for sharing my ideas.

Though, if you do want an apology, I give you one right now! Right here in public! For the record….

GINA, I respect you, your courage, and your enthusiasm.

It was important for you to share information that you thought would help our community. You wrote about ideas that are very, very popular on the Internet.

Afterwards I took the opportunity to add my perspective. Which some readers might disagree with. They might prefer what you once believed. Well, bring on self-authority and skills, free will at its finest.

All of us are learning and teaching here at Earth School. This is meant to be an educational blog, not a blog of shame!

• 7
    David B says:

Not to worry, Gina. She’s used the comments of myself and others here as a teaching springboard as well. It’s a good way to tune everyone’s understanding.

• 8
    Jordan says:

Gina, I’m glad you brought it up! It’s a really important and interesting distinction. And don’t worry about it, we’ve all been corrected or disagreed with. 😉

• 9
    Kira says:

I was once tested for ADD by a psychologist who specialized in that sort of testing. I don’t have ADD, but she said there was *something* off with me that she couldn’t quite pin down. She said it reminded her of Asperger’s but that was not an official opinion. My regular therapist eventually thought of HSPs and had me read *The Highly Sensitive Person*; it took another several years after that to find out I’m an empath.

I find it interesting that even someone who does psychological testing for a living could potentially think an empath might instead have Asperger’s, but at least it wasn’t her official professional opinion.

• 10
    Kira says:

At risk of talking too much yet again, I’ve been dying to say that while I loved and identified with Deanna Troi from the first episode of *Star Trek: TNG*, there was an empath I identified even more with in a later episode–the woman in “The Perfect Mate”, who was born to mold herself into the perfect match for whoever her people married her off to. I think she has more types of empathy than Deanna does.

• 11
    Kira says:

Grr…meant “whomever her people married her off to.”

• 12
    Valentino says:

It would bring me some comfort if people would correctly spell Asperger Syndrome, it was named in honor of Hans Asperger who is credited for some of the earliest research about autism, and also himself appeared to have traits of Asperger’s.

Asperger Syndrome (AS) as a separate diagnosis from Autism has been removed from DSM-5 (May 2013), and will now be part of Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD) or called High Functioning ASD. However people who are high functioning on the autistic spectrum are still commonly calling themselves ‘Aspie’ or ‘Aspergerian’..

I’m both an Empath and an Aspie, but only recently fully discovered my Aspie side. I can relate to the challenges of being on the HSP spectrum and also on the Autism spectrum.

Some challenges are similar, but the combination of the two offers it’s own unique set of challenges. Relying on empath teachings and energy healing modalities was not enough. And Autism research & teachings mainly just address basic functioning skills. So, I have had to figure out a lot of things myself, lots of trial and error. Discovering and trusting my own self-authority was very important. Modern society can be very cruel and dismissive when you break unspoken social rules & expectations, even if it is due to ignorance, innocence, or a sort of social blindness.

One of my theories is that ASD is generally a brain that is overly masculine (this matches some research discovering brains with higher than normal testosterone levels at development), leading to a person who is over-sensitive to physical world, over-relies on left side of brain (logical, analytical, objective). This over-sensitivity to physical world causes typical issues of autistics who are often overwhelmed by noise, lights, touch, temperature, etc. so they naturally place less attention on relationships and social skills. The extreme left brain dominance causes obsessive traits, hyper-literal communication, and more interest based emotionless relationships. Some TV & movie characters who act Aspie are “Spock from Star Trek” and “Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory”; but not all Aspies are this extreme, each can be quite unique in outer expression and interests, some blend in un-noticed by most, some still don’t even know for themselves..

In comparison, HSP are generally strong with Right Brain traits (reading emotions, intuition, creativity, music, recognizing faces, relational), a sort of overly feminine brain. But there is an over-sensitivity, which can lead to being easily overwhelmed by their own & other’s emotions and feelings. Like from unskilled empath merges?

I apologize if this post may feel contradictory, is unwelcome, or broke some of unspoken ground rules on this blog. My Aspie side still has difficulties interpreting emotional subtleties. I’m learning to use my empath gifts of emotional and intellectual intuition to help compensate, but there’s still a level of blindness.

Thank you Rose for addressing such a challenging topic.

• 13

Thank you for the spelling correction, Valentino. I learned the not-Asperger spelling from clinical psychologists, so I came by it honestly.

• 14
    Marion Cooley says:

The post by Valentino is most interesting, and there is no more intimate knowledge of a situation than that gained by living in it. Much can be learned as well by having lived with and loved someone who experienced the world in the manner of those described as being on the autistic spectrum.

There have been three people whom I have known over years, loved, and observed in successive stages of development. Two of these are no longer on this earth, and several traits were consistent throughout their lives. Foremost was a great kindness.
    While there was certainly a difficulty in meeting societal expectations, these were, as boys and as men, highly responsive to and protective of those they felt were being mistreated. While others may have been sensitive to how someone perceived a situation, they could not have been more caring about the pain they felt another was experiencing. Temple Grandin is said to have stated that nature can be cruel, but we don’t have to be.

A second gift is that of a high degree of creativity, noted in the Time magazine article of October 7 as being “a sudden, unexpected recognition of concepts or facts in a new relation not previously seen.” One of the two men I have mentioned was the most creative individual I have ever known, and I have taught university classes on creativity. This comes largely from a very high degree of observation and understanding of the basic characteristics of something.

While I do not question the differences between a high level of sensitivity and the characteristics of those who experience the world from the view of one who is said to be on the autistic spectrum, it is notable that the particularly intense perception of sensory input that sometimes afflicts them does seem to have some commonality with the interpersonal sensitivity of the highly perceptive.

• 15

Dear MARION, your loving heart is what shines out most strongly for me in what you have written.

You might find it interesting to do a phone session or Skype video with aura reading research. I can pull out energetic holograms of anyone you have ever known and describe in detail the special qualities of sensitivity.

Hey, I have done this for mental health practitioners, providing inside information on what was making their clients tick subconsciously.

Personally, I find research about one person at a time to be way more interesting (and less confusing) than generalizing about sensitivity.

God is in those details, as well as everywhere else. 🙂

• 16
    Kira says:

Valentino, you answered my next question before I even asked it! I was wondering if it was possible to be both an empath and an Aspie.

Marion, interesting observations!

• 17
    Anonymous says:

Valentino,

Without having met you or knowing you personally, it is difficult to say whether you have Asperger syndrome or fall on the autism spectrum.

All psychiatric diagnoses are based on clinical assessments, a combination of lengthy interview, mental status examination, and sometimes supporting interviews and questionnaires.

There is no lab test that can definitively diagnose any psychiatric diagnosis in the DSM.

I can say this with confidence because I am a mental health professional.

It is not clear to me from your comment whether you were given a diagnosis of Asperger syndrome from a mental health professional – or whether you think you have Asperger syndrome based on what you have read or seen in the media.

Because of how much attention Asperger syndrome and autism have received in the media, there is much more recognition of these disorders.

That’s a wonderful thing.

However, the increased recognition has also led to a social phenomenon in which anyone who is weird, shy, socially awkward, or sensory sensitive to be labeled by others – or to self-label – as having Asperger’s or autism or being “on the spectrum.”

Even with the field of mental health, the gold standard for an autism diagnosis is the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule or ADOS. The ADOS is an extremely lengthy and detailed assessment that requires specialized training.

Everyone feels sad sometimes, but it doesn’t mean that everyone has a clinical diagnosis of major depressive disorder. Everyone has moments of feeling awkward, embarrassed, or shy at times. It’s perfectly normal. It’s actually called, “Being human.” It’s practically a prerequisite for being alive.

Personally, what concerns me about the preoccupation with labels is that it sometimes deters people from getting the help or support that they want or need.

Instead, the label can become a barrier.

Even in the mental health field, diagnoses are made primarily for the purpose of accurate treatment (and billing, since mental health professionals have to get paid somehow). In my humble opinion, it is incredibly unhelpful to label someone with a diagnosis, then provide them no support or treatment. Or, equally as bad, diagnose people inaccurately and provide them with the WRONG treatment, which could potentially harm them or at least delay arriving at the correct diagnosis and treatment.

• 18

Okay, it is time to comment further on today’s comment by you, VALENTINO.

With all respect to your self-authority and beliefs and medical history, VALENTINO, I do not believe you can be simultaneously an empath and have Asperger’s.

So far you have never had a healing session with me. If you were in session with me, I could not comment on whether or not you have Aspberger. As I am not a mental health practitioner.

However I do coach empaths and read auras accurately. So I could certainly comment on whether or not, in my professional opinion as an Empath Coach, you are an empath or not.

When it comes to the diagnosis as someone with Aspberger, I have encountered plenty of clients with psychological diagnoses that were supposedly for life and did not last… after that client had healing sessions that removed STUFF.

There can be many types of STUFF that cause problems, problems that could show up with behavior patterns that are then diagnosed into one popular category or another.

Until I learn otherwise, I must respectfully disagree with you that you really do have, simultaneously, two different styles of processing information and energy that are mutually exclusive.

• 19

ANONYMOUS, what a brilliant response.

I couldn’t agree more with what you expressed, including the caution against self-diagnosing oneself. Or, by implication, others.

In my work, I encounter many who have decided “My ex was a narcissist” etc. as if that would solve all problems. Diagnosing others may not be especially accurate, either. It certainly is no substitute for healing, whether psychological healing with a mental health professional or energy spirituality healing with a professional.

• 20

Also, ANONYMOUS, I wish I could frame the TONE of your Comment 18.

Like a gorgeous picture!

You really convey the compassion and judgment a true mental health professional.

• 21
    Brian says:

Rose,
    I would venture to guess that you have little to no experience being around and working with people on the Autism spectrum.

Based on my experience with being around and working with individuals with autism I would have to say that your post on the subject could not be any further from the truth.

• 22
    Brian says:

I agree that not all empaths are on the Autism spectrum but I would say that most individuals with autism are empaths especially those that are more effected and non-verbal. Seems to me that you take offense to this fact because you feel uncomfortable with autism.

• 23
    Brian says:

Look into William Stillman for starters as well as research currently being conducted by Diane Hennacy Powell, MD in regards to non-verbal autistics and telepathy.

• 24

BRIAN, thank you for reaching out.

I have formatted your long comment into three because the style of our blog is to have short, readable comments. Fortunately we aren’t on Facebook, and so we can make comments easier to read and respond to directly by keeping them short.

• 25

Regarding your Comment 21, I’m sure you’re correct when you tell us about your depth of experience at being around, and working with, individuals with autism. That deserves respect.

You’re not so correct in your first assumption about me. Two of my closest friends have children with autism. And I have done many sessions with clients, and even some aura readings for this blog, where I researched in considerable detail what was going on at the astral and subconscious level, in chakra databanks.

So naturally your second assumption about me, in Comment 23 isn’t correct either. It’s actually very far from the truth. People with autism do not make me uncomfortable.

• 26

When I write about autism at my blog, it certainly isn’t with your depth of knowledge and experience. But I do write with knowledge and experience at energetic literacy.

That is the basis for this post, for instance.

I’m not sure how strong your background is at this. But I won’t make assumptions about how much you know. Or go on to theorize about you in a personal way, based on a guess or an assumption. 😉

• 27

Speaking of assumptions though, in my experience, it is very common for people who don’t yet know much about energetic literacy to make assumptions that mush together very, very different things.

* Nonverbal behavior
    * Telepathy
    * Autism
    * Having talent as an empath
    * Having skills as an empath

These are apples and oranges, watermelons and mangoes. The energetic mechanics are different, even if the words people use may make different experiences seem similar.

“Chakra databanks” is where a person would investate to discern the difference. That’s a term I developed. An ancient term for chakra databanks is “The Nadis.”

• 28

So BRIAN, you might reach many conclusions based on behavior, or study of nonverbal communication.

This thread at my blog is based on research I have done, researching real people with skills of energetic literacy.

Granted, it is not a huge sample. However the findings are extremely clear.

I agree with Dr. Elaine Aron’s conclusion, quoted in the main article here. It would be a mistake to believe that empaths are similar to persons who have Aspbergers Syndrome.

And I believe it is only a matter of time (and energetic literacy) before scientists understand that being born as an empath is completely different from either Aspbergers Syndrome or autism (high-functioning, low-functioning, or anything in between).

• 29
    Brian says:

Personally, I find Dr. Elaine Aron’s perception of autism quite offensive and based purely on ignorance. She is fundamentally wrong with her assessment and obviously her only experience with autism is what she gathered from reading the DSM definition. Which is pretty much on par with what I would expect from a quack psychologist with zero clinical experience. Maybe individuals with autism threaten you and Mrs. Aron because of fear that they might expose you both for the shills you are. Just a thought!

• 30
    Fiona Crowe says:

It seems what you have written here is considerably out of date.
    The emerging world of autism in women is diverse and rich in sensitive souls who are deeply empathetic.

Please look at this page and consider editing the information you have published here.

• 31
    Rose Rosetree says:

Thank you for attempting to educate me and my blog community.

Perhaps at some point you might wish to learn a bit more about empaths, and my trademarked system for helping them. Hint: “Empath” is not the same as being “empathic.”

My four books for empath coaching might be helpful, for instance, if you’re curious.

• 32
    Rose Rosetree says:

Really, the value of energetic literacy is especially indicated for good people, like FIONA, who are doing all they can to help autistic persons.

Until somebody has developed at least Stage Three Energetic Literacy, there’s a tendency to assume that all non-standard forms of perception are equivalent.

Although I’m not an expert at autism, I am an expert at deeper perception and also at training empaths with the system of Empath Empowerment®. Given research that I’ve done so far, which is more than what’s described here at the blog, I’m convinced: believing that someone with autism is an empath — though understandable — is just plain preposterous.

• 33
    Rose Rosetree says:

If you’re reading this article because, like FIONA, you’re more involved in helping those with autism that understanding energetic literacy, or words like “empath” versus “empathic,” you might wish to read detailed articles here, such as:

* Aura Reading an Autistic Child.

* Autism Aura Reading Jamboree, honoring Stephen Wiltshire