Rose Rosetree, Founder of Energy Spirituality

• Categories

• * * *
  • Archives

* * *

Subscribe to our list and receive "Reading Life Deeper". Submit your email address below. We will not sell or rent your email address.

"Reading Life Deeper" is Rose's free monthly newsletter, bringing you face readings and aura readings of people in the news. READ A SAMPLE.

Skilled Empath Merge on bestselling author Dean Koontz

January 24th, 2014 by Rose Rosetree
    Even when your path seems too hard, never give up.

Even when your path seems too hard, never give up.

Here is how Blog-Buddy SUZ explained her choice to me, her request for energetic literacy to explore bestselling author Dean Koontz:

After reading about two an a half of his books, I fell in love with his stories, but what struck me most was his underlying theme, and it is in all of his books. Even in the midst of horror, loss, even hell, people  can find acceptance, love, and especially redemption, as long as they do not give up.

I don’t know how to explain this …

After reading a few of his newer books, I got hold of an early work, and when I turned the book over to the back side, there was his photo and it hit me like a punch.

There was a dead man if I ever saw one — bleak. I’ll probably never know for sure, but I bet that Dean Koontz’s writing eventually saved his own life and sanity. He sure looks much more alive today!

Prepare for Skilled Empath Merge into Dean Koontz

For a man who was once seemingly dead, Dean Koontz sure has some writing career. Here are some resources to prepare you to enjoy this Skilled Empath Merge.

Aura Reading Databank at the Root Chakra for Connecting to Physical Reality

I chose this first chakra databank because of SUZ’s interest in overcoming problems and surviving.

Not a highly sensitive person. So of course not an empath. Dean is in the majority of humankind, regarding sensitivity. Physical objects and the rest of physical reality are very much more important than the likes of Rose Rosetree or, probably, you.

Fills the room. Exceptionally observant. Material objects are very vivid to Dean Koontz in their weight and heft, almost having power over people by virtue of their solid and incontrovertible reality.

Aura Reading Databank at the Solar Plexus Chakra for Sharing Power

This databank is about compromising with other people. Again, to find one’s way back from feeling dead, from powerlessness and isolation, human beings are most likely to do this when they are able to engage with other people without being either tyrants or victims.

19 feet. While in his own novelist’s world, Dean Koontz is superb at sharing power. Why did I preface the last sentence with “While in his own novelist’s world”?

Important Context for this particular Skilled Empath Merge

The novelist has a way of living while he writes, using the awesome power of his imagination, to create an entire world that seems totally real to him. At the time of this posed photograph, he is feeling as if in that comfortable space.

This publicity photo was not taken while Dean Koontz was hunting around in his refrigerator for a quick lunch. This is him in the exalted role where he writes novels that seem real to others.

I won’t keep repeating this distinction throughout the rest of this Skilled Empath Merge. It’s just useful to remember that a publicity shot does not tell you what someone is like in the shower, having a fight with his significant other, or foraging in his fridge for leftovers that haven’t gone bad.

We all deserve to be viewed in our glory, especially for this sort of Skilled Empath Merge.

Okay, back to that Chakra Databank about Power Sharing

In his novels, Dean Koontz can arrange power dynamics, success, and the ability to overcome obstacles. He finds it a healing exercise to have a main character robbed of all power, then regaining his footing.

Dean tends towards extremes: No power. Back to having power as a victor. Well-plotted steps along the way.

Blog-Buddies, you know how sporting events have a physical scoreboard. Evidently Dean Koontz has his own internalized, analytical version of that scoreboard. It is personally freeing for him to set up a game, keep track, make sure there is a resounding victory by the end of his novel.

Aura Reading Databank at the Solar Plexus Chakra for Self-Esteem

Is it possible to be a superb novelist, helping other people to feel self-esteem, without doing so well with this personally? Let’s find out if this is part of the  aura picture for Dean Koontz?

11 inches. There’s a kind of sickish feeling inside, as if not sure he really deserves all his success and might be found out some day.

However, this chakra databank also reveals reserves of toughness and survivorhood.

In particular, Dean Koontz has vast confidence in himself in the role of underdog. If his worst fears came true, he knows he could pick himself up again and not give up.

Aura Reading Databank at the Solar Plexus Chakra for Solving Problems

15 miles. In any fictional world, Dean Koontz knows himself to be resourceful. He can solve problems, help his characters claim victory.

Ingenuity helps this man triumph over intellectual puzzles. So long as a problem or life situation is viewed analytically, Koontz knows that he can find THE solution.

What does the showing in this chakra databank reveal about the writer’s ability to solve everyday human problems? Nothing. Reminder: He’s in a publicity picture, folks.

Aura Reading Databank at the Heart Chakra for Giving Love

90 feet. Does this man ever know how to broadcast love! Sweetness! Nonjudgmental caring about everyone who is open to receiving Dean Koontz’s distinctive and generous gift of unconditional love.

Dean Koontz’ warm-heartedness is enough to turn my own heart turn to mush.

In this photo, however, he is broadcasting love as a public figure, as what I call a “World Server.” In this role as a writer, this very private man feels very comfortable helping underdogs, providing solace to readers, helping them not to give up.

Koontz revels in his work as a World Server. One could almost imagine him choosing the tough parts of his Life Contract expressly to prepare him to do the kind of writing in which he specializes, inspiring Blog-Buddy SUZ and so many others.

Aura Reading Databank at the Heart Chakra for Receiving Love

8 inches. Even in a publicity photo, taken because the man has demonstrated the ability to write novels that make him loved, guess what?

Dean Koontz finds love hard to accept. He needs life to be complicated. He prefers living in the world of his head to living in the world of his heart. Which territories would be in that world of his head?

• Plotting novels.
    • Analyzing life.
    • Analyzing what people do.
    • Analyzing how to outsmart nefarious actions and triumph over people who do awful things.
    • Analyzing his feelings.
    • Replaying past incidents that have upset him, perhaps in the belief that this gives him great material for future novels.

Receiving love, even his role as a World Server? Not easy for Dean Koontz at the time of this photograph.

Aura Reading Databank at the Throat Chakra for Asking for What You Need and Want

6 inches. Before going into details, let’s add perspective. So many of this writer’s Throat Chakra Databanks are doing great. Notably:

• Throat Chakra Databank for Communicating to Gain Respect
    • Throat Chakra Databank for Communicating to Move People’s Emotions
    • Throat Chakra Databank for Communication During Conflict

I have chosen this particular chakra databank because it has such relevance to who the man is humanly. “Asking for What You Need and Want” is  not a World Server-type chakra databank. This one is so quintessentially human that even during this publicity photograph, the chakra databank reveals Dean Koontz, the man, rather than Dean Koontz, the acclaimed novelist.

STUFF dominates. Old feelings of loss, of failure, and regret.

Demonstrably a novelist with first-rate success, name recognition, exceptional talent — that doesn’t heal STUFF in the chakra databanks of Dean Koontz.

And maybe he wouldn’t have it any other way.

Reminds me of the Boatman model for seeking Enlightenment. “I won’t allow myself to attain my next big level of fulfillment unless, first, I have served all the others.”

And I thought SUZ was the winner of our recent contest. ;-)

That was my expectation, delivering this detailed reading of Dean Koontz. Little did I suspect that while delivering her prize, I would win too, falling in love with this noble World Server, Dean Koontz.

Like my Facebook fan page:

22 Comments on “Skilled Empath Merge on bestselling author Dean Koontz”

Blog-Buddies, have any of you besides SUZ read novels by Dean Koontz?

Who are your favorite novelists these days?

January 24th, 2014 at 12:00 pm
    Kylie said:

Very interesting reading. I have not read anything by Dean Koontz. Favorite (living) novelists of mine: Sarah Waters, Neil Gaiman, Sara Paretsky, Mary Doria Russell, Nina Revoyr, Lois McMasters Bujold, Terry Pratchett, JK Rowling, Zadie Smith, Haruki Murakami, Willow G. Wilson, Kristin Cashore, Jacqueline Winspear.

Favorite dead authors: Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, Anthony Trollope, Samuel Butler, Charles Dickens, Diana Wynn Jones, Leo Tolstoy.

January 24th, 2014 at 12:52 pm
    Teresa said:

Ah, yes I read Dean Koontz novels. My favorite are in the Odd series.

Odd has a strange first name, he sees dead people, is an empath and has a great sense of humor (for a fictitious person).

January 24th, 2014 at 2:10 pm

TERESA, how fascinating that Dean’s character ODD is an empath.

I just double checked. Certainly nothing in my initial Skilled Empath Merge suggested any empath gift.

But I went back and researched him before writing before officially going on record one way or another.

To my perception, Dean Koontz is a Highly Sensitive Person. However, he is not an empath. Of course, that is the case for 3 out of 4 HSPs. All you Blog-Buddies knew that, right?

What does he have going for him? A superb imagination. That’s all any novelist needs to write about an empath.

The real life Dean Koontz does not need to see dead people or be an empath in order to create characters like ODD.

January 24th, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Incidentally, TERESA, your reference to an empath character intrigued me. However, I am just as intrigued by that little bit of your Comment #2 about how Dean’s character, ODD, “has a great sense of humor (for a fictitious person).”

This strikes me as hilarious. Care to clarify a bit?

I also love the idea of thinking about people in that vein, such as telling your friend:

* You have a great sense of humor (for a man).

* You have a great sense of humor (for a woman).

* You have a great sense of humor (for a puppet).

So many hilarious ways to use this. ;-)

Blog-Buddies, do comment below with your versions of “You have a great sense of humor, for a …..”

January 24th, 2014 at 3:18 pm

KYLIE, thank you so much for (what is surely just the start of) your list of favorite novelists.

Even this English major was a bit intimidated, although I know that was not your intent.

Other Blog-Buddies, feel free to submit shorter lists.

I happen to know a lot of Blog-Buddies who are either professional writers or librarians. Most of you’all are neither, so don’t feel pressured to even be able to NAME 20 novelists.

A snowy winter (such as many of us are having right now) can be a great time for reading novels.

January 24th, 2014 at 3:22 pm
    Teresa said:

Rose,
    In response to your comment #5, Odd’s sense of humor seems to be a bit dry and even sarcastic at times. This type of humor goes right over the head of some people, but it truly makes me laugh out loud. My family has a similar type of humor, I just never expected to find it in a fictional character.
    As far as being an empath? No where in the books is he called an empath or is this skill set specifically described as such. Odd just knows things about people, he senses things that others don’t. Some might call it ESP, I think he is an empath.
    So, maybe the author doesn’t know about this character nuance.
    Or, maybe I’m making it up. After all he is a fictitious person, maybe he can have some fictitious gifts just for my reading pleasure.

January 24th, 2014 at 4:02 pm
    Rachel said:

A really interesting post, Rose, and SUZ I’m so glad you chose Dean for the aura reading.

Does reading belong to objective or subjective reality, Rose?

January 24th, 2014 at 5:56 pm

TERESA, I really got a kick out of your comment. Just sayin’

January 24th, 2014 at 6:43 pm

RACHEL, thank you. What a fascinating question.

Reading and writing, like participating in art or music, dance or other creative activities…

This is just at the objective-subjective junction.

The deeper you are into the creative process, the more back-and-forth there can be. Objective reality must be present. Yet the reader may alternate again and again into the subjective astral.

January 24th, 2014 at 6:46 pm

Either meditation or hypnosis may be the result. While another result might simply be adding content to a person’s waking state of consciousness, where the reader just notices something new in objective reality.

January 24th, 2014 at 6:47 pm
    an avid reader said:

Hi Rose, I am very impressed by Kylie’s list of authors. Mine would not be as long since I rarely read fiction these days (even though I was an English major). I can, however, truthfully and enthusiastically boast that I am an avid reader of this blog which is both fun and educational. Hands down better than fiction in my book.

January 24th, 2014 at 7:39 pm
    Dana said:

I especially enjoyed reading about Koontz’s vivid awareness of physical reality and his imaginative abilities. With many fiction authors, I marvel at their imaginations. I wonder what it’s like to have an imagination like that to create such believable worlds. Although I’m also using my imagination to make it real for me when I read… hmmm…

January 24th, 2014 at 7:43 pm
    Suz said:

This is great! Thanks for a fascinating read. I couldn’t help falling for this guy. World server. Rose, are you suggesting he has kept and exploited some of his pain and weakness in service to others? That may be why he is successful. And still alive.

From Rose’s other readings of actors it sounds like when a writer goes into their story world, that is like an actor being in character, and it changes their aura some. And is their aura yet again different when they come back to themselves?

I’m with Teresa in liking the character Odd Thomas’s sense of humor, including his ability to poke fun at his humble self. Odd communicates with dead people, so he must be a medium as well. I’d put him more toward psychic than empathic, yet he does have amazing empathy for the suffering of what Rose calls stuck spirits.

As for other reading, I went to college for ten years as an adult (while working, etc.), and had more than my fill of high and mighty classic literature for an English minor. So now I read whatever the heck I like because reading Joyce Carol Oates and Franz Kafka is too much like doing a research paper. No apologies for reading pop lit.

Thanks again.

January 25th, 2014 at 12:23 am
    Kylie said:

Ha ha! You should never ask a librarian a question like “what are your favorite novelists” thinking you will get a short list!

January 25th, 2014 at 8:59 am
    Kylie said:

The subjective-objective junction–I like that. And it is so true that reading requires imagination on both the part of the author and the reader.

Every time I go to a book group I realize anew how very differently different people experience the same book. Sometimes it is almost baffling to me–how differently another person might experience a book that I loved (or hated.)

January 25th, 2014 at 9:18 am
    Christine said:

I’ve just heard about James Randi and he says auras don’t exist as proven by his experiment. Can you disprove this? I’m worried all this I’ve been reading about auras isn’t true.

January 25th, 2014 at 12:08 pm

CHRISTINE, just about every day of my life I help a client, and part of the process includes my reading auras.

That’s enough proof for me.

Mr. Randi’s “proof” would be news to all the folks, on every continent, who have read auras and this has improved their lives.

This blog is not scientific, nor is any of my work. If any of the techniques and ideas help you, that’s also plenty for me.

Use your own self-authority, CHRISTINE, to prove what is true for you.

January 25th, 2014 at 2:19 pm
    Amy said:

Hi Christine, I would disagree with Randi that it is even scientific to say that something is “proven” anyway. Science is all about gathering evidence that supports a particular theory or position.

I think this article might be interesting for you to read if you are inclined:

As to auras, my personal opinion on the truth of the matter need not matter to you and yours and I would much prefer that you came to your own conclusions.

January 25th, 2014 at 2:37 pm

AMY, KYLIE, SUZ, DANA and, oh, AVID READER, thank you all so much for your contributions at this thread.

And thank you, CHRISTINE, for feeling safe enough at this blog to add your very understandable concern.

January 25th, 2014 at 7:03 pm
    Primmie said:

Thank you so much for this wonderful reading. I haven’t read Koontz’s novels. I also read English Literature at Uni and I ate up so many novels then, that I almost completely lost my appetite for fiction. I rarely read fiction now although I do have a holiday book habit. I usually stay in houses with lots of books and I make my way through the libraries. I like the randomness of reading all the books other guests have left behind.

January 25th, 2014 at 8:52 pm
    Kira said:

As both an English major and a science fiction fan, I too could include a long list. But I think I can also give a fairly short one.

Favorite living authors (both of whom I have met): Tamora Pierce, Piers Anthony
    Favorite dead author: Nathaniel Hawthorne
    Favorite impossible-to-read author: James Joyce

I know I was unique in my college English Romantic literature class in actually liking English Romantic literature, rather than simply taking it for the credit. Among the science fiction fans in my local fan group, I’m also pretty unusual in liking Piers Anthony. I’m not sure if I’ve ever met anyone else anywhere who likes James Joyce, but it was probably inevitable that I would like him; I’ve been told I talk in stream-of-consciousness.

My husband has read the Odd Thomas books; I haven’t gotten around to them yet. Looking forward to it more now.

January 25th, 2014 at 9:26 pm