Remembering, Re-Experiencing, Maya Angelou with an Aura Reading for Charm

Maya Angelou, ready for her aura reading
Maya Angelou, ready for her aura reading

An angel, a poet, a smasher of illusions, a force of nature. That was Maya Angelou

Only twice in American history has a president invited a poet to signalize his inauguration. I have seen and heard both of these poets. Each time I was thrilled to be watching such an occasion on television, live.

Robert Frost looked so frail, as though the wind could blow him away. That was the inauguration of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

Maya Angelou? Her performer’s presence, in my memory, was like a pillar of light — part sage, part muse to a great politician, partly an angel of power with terrible depths of compassion for human pain. That was the inauguration of President William Jefferson Clinton.

Yesterday the media broadcasted news of Angelou’s death, at 86. The photo at the top of today’s post was taken just last year.

There will never be anyone like her. Celebrating the extraordinary incarnation of Maya Angelou, I could be more than enough to praise her seven memoirs. Beginning with I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings. Or I could list her other phenomenal achievements, political as well as literary, leadership at performing and mentoring and empowering so many millions of people along with me.

I could. But I would much rather read her aura. Let’s allow the truth of Maya Angelou to speak to us directly, with deeper perception, translated by this aura reader as best she can.

Introducing The Charm Collection

Reading Maya Angelou, I will make use of a new set of chakra databanks especially designed for appreciating nuances of charm. I was going to wait before launching this exciting new way of researching charm, The Charm Collection of Chakra Databanks.

I was going to save it for researching somebody who is a big-deal charmer, a charming public figure, who is scrupulous and relatively sweet.

Then I planned to (and still aim to) proceed to use The Charm Collection of Chakra Databanks to research someone unscrupulous, really charming.

Following that, we will have two winners of our official Charm Contest, and I aim for their choices to become an aura reading with this new Charm Collection of Chakra Databanks.

Now, surprisingly to me, but appropriately too, come to think of it… I’ll begin using The Charm Collection of Chakra Databanks to research someone of gorgeous character, true spiritual attainment, magnificent talents.

Maya Angelou, beloved for so many reasons, was both likeable and loveable and fierce. But did any of this have much to do with what is properly designated as “Charm”? Let’s explore.

And I’ll leave it to my next post of this series to introduce you to all of the chakra databanks in this set more thoroughly. Today I will read half of them.

Want to do aura reading for charm along with me? Scroll down to the section right at the end of today’s post. My recommendation is that you leap there FIRST, and do your own aura reading research — maybe even turn it into a guest post — and then read what follows directly from here.

The point of aura reading is not for you to duplicate what I find. Why not use your unique spark and distinctive gift set to add YOUR perspective?

Aura Reading Root Chakra Databank for Expecting to Receive Respect from Others

80 feet. Shimmering and blistering with a highly unusual form of confidence. It could be called “I don’t give a darn.”

Only this confidence of Maya Angelou’s is also brimming with a connection to Divine Source, even a quality of goddess energy. This uncanny way of being unapologetically alive, neither caring about or disliking whether or not anybody likes her at all, has zero to do with charm.

It is almost as if Maya Angelou is a fragment of a Divine Being, and she has walked on earth long enough to know it deep down. By this 80th decade of her life, the human component to her identity is enjoyed and accepted. While the Divine component comes through more clearly than ever.

This woman wrote “Still I Rise.” A poem as good as anything by Shakespeare or Milton or Chaucer or Herbert Spencer or William Blake or even my biggest fave, Gerard Manley Hopkins. (That link, incidentally, is to a performance of the poem, even better than reading it.)

Aura Reading Belly Chakra Databank for Spontaneous Self-Expression

80 feet. Complete self-acceptance. Effortless, frictionless flow as a communicator.

Exceptional expressiveness is a strong characteristic, as well as a strong co-creation with the Divine.

This joyful co-creation just alerted me to check for Enlightenment. Sure enough, here’s another one for my Enlightenment Life List!

Aura Reading Solar Plexus Chakra Databank for Self-Confidence

80 feet. Fearless although vulnerable, not the least bit self-protected (or energetically armoured).

Self-confidence comes as naturally to Maya Angelou as having hands or feet. No STUFF in the way.

Aura Reading Heart Chakra Databank for Receiving Respect from Others

80 feet. So much tenderness and innocence are to be found in this chakra databank. Toughness is available, if needed. A childlike innocence is the default experience though, and it shines through at the time of this photograph.

In today’s Washington Post, there are at least two full pages on Maya Angelou. They include a moving story by Jocelyn Chadwick, who surprised Angelou by bringing up a parade of elementary schoolchildren who came up after she spoke the packed crowd. She listened to them.

Really listened, I suspect. Listened as only a poet can. Zestfully listened as only that poet could.

Aura Reading Throat Chakra Databank for Communication to Gain Popularity

80 feet. Laughter and not caring particularly, one way or the other — these are the signature qualities in this sturdy chakra databank. At the time of this photo, Maya Angelou has the circuits to communicate in order to gain popularity. It’s available. It works.

No biggie to Maya. Note, Blog-Buddies: Nothing — absolutely nothing — about this involves using charm.

Conclusion

Gorgeous, glorious, and it turns out — even, Enlightened. That distinctive Maya Angelou force didn’t have much to do with charm, not what I mean by charm. This is a reach-out-and-grab you, seduce you, razzle and dazzle you.

Appeal, sure Maya Angelou had that and more. Courage and intelligence, creativity and soulful expression, talent for so many art forms and kinds of leadership. We can be attracted to any of this as if it were charm.

Yet this is more than charm, and other than charm.

Charm means more than a set of tips for being charming — as ridiculous a view as the ideas advocated in the linked-to article here. Charm, the real deal version, is a gift. It shows in auric modeling. It is not a shtick or a cute set of behaviors on the surface of life.

Charm is just that, an attraction. It is like today’s weird celebrity group who are famous… for being famous.

Not necessarily good or bad, but appealing.

That great, unique creation — Magnificent Maya Angelou — had way more going for her than mere charm.

So you want to read Maya Angelou’s aura on your own?

For fun, you might wish to use this aura reading photo of Maya Angelou.

You can learn aura reading from Read People Deeper. It includes two different techniques for reading auras from regular photos.

Also available? Personal instruction from me over the phone or via Skype. Or personal “in person.” You can study with me one hour at a time. However most mentoring students prefer to save a bit of cash by booking a Day of Mentoring. Each of these takes you further along in your chosen skill set, including handouts from relevant workshops.

And here is the sequence of chakra databanks — first used today — for doing a Charm-related aura reading. Half of the full assortment, a Maya-appropriate selection of the full array, from the new Charm Collection of Chakra Databanks:

1. Aura Reading Root Chakra Databank for Expecting to Receive Respect from Others
  2. Aura Reading Belly Chakra Databank for Spontaneous Self-Expression
  3. Aura Reading Solar Plexus Chakra Databank for Self-Confidence
  4. Aura Reading Heart Chakra Databank for Receiving Respect from Others
  5. Aura Reading Throat Chakra Databank for Communication to Gain Popularity

38 thoughts on “Remembering, Re-Experiencing, Maya Angelou with an Aura Reading for Charm”

• 1

Photo credit for today goes to York College ISLGP (Flickr: Maya Angelou visits YCP! 2/4/13) [CC-BY-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

Yes, this photo comes courtesy of Wikimedia Commons. In no way is it implied that the photographer or the subject endorses either me or this use of the image.

• 2
    Elaine says:

Very nice Rose. And as I’m reading through this I’m thinking enlightenment and I was going to go to the list and check to see if Ms. Angelou was on there. She was quite a talented lady in so many ways and certainly used her time well while here.

• 3
    Zelda says:

Thanks so much for this post, ROSE!

Last night I checked to see if she’d already been read for the Enlightenment list and today I was about to ask if you wouldn’t mind reading her again to see if she became Enlightened by the end of her magnificent life.

I was thrilled to land on the blog and see that you’d alread done it, and even more!

• 4
    Zelda says:

Years ago, shortly after I’d heard of Maya Angelou, I was at a performance of Dance Theater of Harlem and while hanging out either before the performance or during the intermission, I found myself about 5 feet away from her. I was awestruck. She really does have quite a presence.

Years later, I’d had plans with friends when one showed up really excited, having just gotten wind of a performance/reading by Dr. Angelou at the university in our town. We raced over and were in the 2nd or 3rd row.

It was a captivating performance that I will never forget.

She has been a great inspiration to me and I’ve always appreciated her blend of compassion, wisdom, strength and sass.

A favorite quote that helped me especially in those years of unskilled empath-dom, when I’d make mistake after mistake trusting untrustworthy people:

“When people show you — or tell you — who they are, believe them the first time.”

• 5
    Madeline says:

Thanks for this Rose.

Funny I just finished reading about how reading poetry brings both the left and right sides of your brain working in concert so that you have both logic and the appreciation of the beauty of the thing at the same time. I wondered when I read that if that is what enlightenment is like using both sides of your brain all the time. Which Maya Angelou obviously did with great skill.

• 6
    Madeline says:

Just to be clearer, using both the Left logical side and the right intuitive side equally. I also wondered if this corresponded to being Spiritual shut down, left sided dominance or Spiritually addicted R sided dominant.
    Why I ask is that according what I read you can bring both sides of the brain in balance simply by reading some poetry aloud.

• 7

ZELDA, thank you so much for sharing these inspiring stories of darshan, auric modeling

• 8

MADELINE, what an interesting theory. That way, I suppose all of us who graduated as English Lit. majors in college are spiritually superior. 😉

And poetry slams would be Enlightenment Academies.

Laughing.

No, I don’t think so.

• 9

Enlightenment does not mean having your brain work in a one-size-fits-all way.

Enlightenment is not a mood, either, like “Happy all the time.”

Nor will trying to be “Happy all the time,” or even reading great poetry for hours every day, equate to Enlightenment.

• 10

Being STUFF-free, with a shift of identity to God — that is Enlightenment.

It is a state of consciousness.

When doctors or psychologists or neuro-physiologists find a way to measure that, now that will be a Happy Day.

A day that feels as good as reading great poetry. LOL

Meanwhile, it is possible to read auras with Stage Three Energetic Literacy to assess what’s going on with a person’s level of consciousness. So keep on nominating poetry lovers and others for the Enlightenment Life List and we’ll see who has attained what. Or do that aura reading for yourself, even better!

• 11
    Madeline says:

lol thanks Rose, I just wondered if that is part of enlightment, being balanced subjectively and objectively and if that corresponds to being right and left brain balanced. And the study of energy medicine revealed, at least according to what I read, that just a few lines of poetry read aloud balanced both sides of the brain. (not hours)
    Just thought it was interesting not a magic way to enlightenment.
    I didn’t mean to imply that if both sides of your brain worked together that that was a one size fits all as we all have different brains, personalities etc. and nothing about being happy all the time.
    Thanks for the feedback.

• 12

Glad you’re pursuing your perfectly fine question, MADELEINE.

I have no idea about the brain physiology of Enlightenment. Nor do I think the current state of neuroscience is developed enough to identify what would be the most important parameters of Enlightenment.

Sure, there are studies of the brainwaves of people who meditate.

What happens to someone who is Enlightened during meditation could be studied, but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything about what is happening to brainwaves of that person outside meditation.

Nor that whatever happens with brainwaves is, even, terribly significant for everyday life for someone Enlightened.

• 13

One common confusion when understanding Enlightenment, I’ve found — not that it necessarily came from you, MADELINE — is expecting Enlightenment, walking and talking Householder Enlightenment, to be the same thing as being deep in meditation.

Not so.

• 14

Even without a research study, I think most people have a good sense of which activities soothe them, balance them, make them more resourceful.

That is the interesting part to me, MADELINE. Include those activities in your day, as part of a balanced life.

That can help a person move forward toward Enlightenment.

• 15
    Zelda says:

MADELINE, with regard to the notion of use of the 2 sides of the brain, you might be interested in having a look at the work of Dr. Katherine Benziger.

Years ago, when I was trying to figure out a lot of things about myself and before I connected with Rose’s work, I found Dr. Benziger’s work to be helpful and quite interesting.

In a nutshell, her test shows one’s natural preferences in relation to use of the 4 lobes of the brain.

This work came to mind as I read your comment in which you mention the 2 sides being balanced.

IMHO, there’s nothing inherently better or necessarily more evolved about having both sides of the brain be balanced. A person could be a brilliant, evolved artist, with a strong natural preference for using the right front and rear lobes of the brain.

• 16
    Curious As Ever says:

Wow!

• 17
    Rachel says:

Great reading – thanks, Rose.

And wow, Zelda, lucky you… I am envious 🙂

• 18
    Dana says:

Wow, such an inspiring woman!

• 19
    Kira says:

Loved this.

• 20
    Madeline says:

Thanks Zelda, the work I read had to do with energy medicine. When both sides are balanced subjects tested stronger . Their Thymus gland tested strong and they were less stressed.
    Based on this it is better in terms of health and stress to have the hemispheres balanced, but this is just this particular book and I was just extrapolating that maybe Enlightened people have more balanced hemispheres but is it really important to know, obviously not. Can’t hurt to read a Maya Angelou poem though, lol.

• 21
    David.. says:

Wow, Rose.
    A remarkable woman and another fascinating glimpse at how she embodied that.

• 22
    David.. says:

On the R-L brain thing. That’s largely been discounted by more recent research as an excess generalization. There is some division of labour but it’s far more complex than that and it varies some from person to person. Someone with brain trauma, for example, may use a completely different area of the brain for some functions. While there are distinctive areas, how they develop and are allotted depends also on how the instrument is used.

For example, a male typically has a language region on one side of the brain. A woman typically has 2 areas, one on each side, that are both larger than a typical males. Women’s vocabularies tend to be proportionally larger too. Someone who has learned other languages will have extra regions for those languages. And so on…

• 23
    David.. says:

On enlightenment research, it has been found that there is a distinctive EEG pattern when “sleeping awake” or witnessing sleep. Alpha of alertness is overlaid on the Theta of deep sleep.

However, witnessing sleep is a feature of a certain level of development which may arise with or before awakening and that is prior to actual enlightenment. So it’s effects of a related symptom rather than an actual sign.

• 24
    David.. says:

Another type of research is quite new – not on L-R coherence but whole brain coherence: coherence of activity across all points of the brain. Front to back, L to R, and so on.

This turns out to be a characteristic of 2 types of people – long-term meditators and high-performance people in a variety of fields, including musicians, athletes, and so forth.

In other words, it’s an indication of capability rather than enlightenment. Capability may well be an effect of developing consciousness, but is not defined with enlightenment.

• 25
    David.. says:

I’d also note that it’s useful to think of the brain more as a receiver than the origin of our experience. So we’ll see brain effects for certain kinds of changes but it has little to do with what is actually going on.

It’s kind of like confusing a radio station with the announcer.

It’s more useful to study what is closer to what is actually changing with enlightenment, such as what Rose offers.

• 26
    A Curious Reader says:

I came across an article titled Top 50 Most Influential Marijuana Users that has Maya Angelou listed as #14.

Search Google for “maya angelou marijuana” and one article that comes up is this one.

So apparently she has used marijuana quite a bit and might still use it. I have read her from other pictures and her third eye chakra shows the mess that drugs can create.

The picture in this article isn’t as bad, but she still shows STUFF, so how can she be Enlightened?

• 27
    Opal says:

A Curious Reader – Nelson Mandela had STUFF too and he’s enlightened. This is what Rose wrote on that then: “STUFF at the astral/subconscious level does not distort this man’s aura.”

I take it to mean that Enlightened people have unlocked the divine level within and they are beyond the astral/subconscious level but that doesn’t mean that it no longer exists or that it can’t still have some kinks that haven’t quite been released yet. But still, I think enlightened people’s auras are still relatively clear, practically STUFF free.

• 28

Thanks for your input, OPAL.

A CURIOUS READER, one possibility is that I was mistaken in my aura reading. I am, after all, just a human being with energetic literacy skills. Not everyone necessarily agrees with my interpretations. Just as we might both write reports on “Still I Rise” and write entirely differently.

However, I did NOT find STUFF in the chakra databanks that I read for this blog.

I did not find STUFF in other chakra databanks of hers.

I did find the criteria met that I use for researching Enlightenment.

• 29

I did click onto your link, OPAL, and got as far as #37, Maya at a time when she DID appear stoned.

It was fun to see Sarah Palin and Miley Cyrus and Madonna there, among others. That’s at:

Angelou and others just needed to be photographed/found out ONCE to get on a list like that.

However, there is a big difference between the aura of someone who is stoned versus someone who is Enlightened.

Consider the possibility that Maya Angelou at age 86 might have used marijuana for medical purposes, unlike others named in that article.

• 30
    Primmie says:

Thank you Rose for this wonderful reading of a wonderful woman.

• 31
    Renee says:

Thanks David, JUst wondering with Musicians, Athletes etc. how is it known that that is all about capability and not practice since those activities engage both sides of the brain.
    Also reading the book My stroke of Insight where she bled into the R side of her brain and had only the right side functioning it is interesting to note her deeply spiritual experience making you wonder if there is more to the brain than just a receiver.

• 32
    an avid reader says:

I was also blessed to see Maya Angelou perform live as the keynote speaker opening for a holistic speakers conference. The venue was outdoors by tbe ocean in the evening—so many people attending. It was, of course, magical. She lit up the place.

• 33
    Renee says:

David but I see what you mean about the brain not being the originator and receiver ultimately.
    So interesting about the enlightened brain.
    thank you so much for the info.

• 34
    David.. says:

Hi Rene
    Highly skilled people have both skills and their development. From a brain standpoint, they’ve developed the neural pathways to support them. But it’s not just right or left development but their integration. It’s also higher forebrain and rear visual cortex integration. And integration with the motor areas, etc. Those pathways have been developed and then coherence develops across the brain.

Some people get that only when engaged in a trained task, like runners high or a writers inspiration. The research suggests a correlation between developing it ongoing and the ability to support awakening.

There would also be energetic support for that. And it would not surprise me in the slightest if Stuff gets in the way of that as neural pathways follow the nadi energetic pathways.

• 35
    David.. says:

Stroke of Insight is a fascinating thing – a Neuroanatomist having a conscious major stroke. Various areas with established neural pathways became impaired.

However, because of her background, she interprets her experience from the perspective that consciousness is a side-effect of the brain. But the 2 hemispheres process different values of consciousness but do not create it.

The cortex has 6 layers with distinct functions. One of them is controlling what is commonly called “state of consciousness” aka waking, sleep and dream. However, these are actually states of brain and physiological function that have a distinct influence on how consciousness experiences. But it’s not changing consciousness itself – just the vehicle or mirror. Receiver we used in this case.

This becomes much clearer in states like samadhi where consciousness is experienced by itself.

If interested, I wrote about it awhile back.

• 36

How lovely, AN AVID READER. Thanks for sharing in your Comment 32. 🙂

• 37
    Colleen Arcury says:

Hi Rose!
    I enjoyed this reading of Maya Angelou.
    I have several of her earlier works. I
    have progressed beyond where I was last year @ this
    time, (too long a story to repeat). I really do not like to tell
    stories about myself as they are not who I
    truly am. I enjoy reading comments of the blog
    buddies.Where are all the original blog buddies?

• 38

COLLEEN, it is great to hear from you. Rooting for you to come through into so much joy and clarity during this latest phase of a spiritually so-eventful life!

In response to your question, many of the original Blog-Buddies here still write posts occasionally, just like you.

Some do write anonymously, using a different name. And, of course, I can’t tell you who does that. To me, the most exciting part is how some of those long-time Blog-Buddies are now on my Enlightenment Life List!