Rose Rosetree, Founder of Energy Spirituality

• Categories

• * * *
  • Archives

* * *

Subscribe to our list and receive "Reading Life Deeper". Submit your email address below. We will not sell or rent your email address.

"Reading Life Deeper" is Rose's free monthly newsletter, bringing you face readings and aura readings of people in the news. READ A SAMPLE.

Energetic Literacy supplements today’s news… about smartphones

July 19th, 2014 by Rose Rosetree
    Energetically, what is wrong with this picture?

Energetically, what is wrong with this picture?

Here’s our first official blogpost of this type, everyone. News items often make me think of discoveries made with Energetic Literacy. Here’s a quick reference and a comment, so you can think about this news item, too. What is happening energetically, related to today’s news?

Today  Caitlin Dewey reported in The Washington Post about social problems associated with smartphone use.

She wrote: “In the past couple years, a mountain of studies have demonstrated that cellphone use makes us more selfish, more easily distracted and more stressed. A survey last March suggested that nearly 9 in 10 people feel that their loved ones neglect them in favor of technology on a weekly basis. A smaller-scale observational study suggested that, when parents and young children dine together, parents frequently pay the most attention to their phones.”

Dewey also wrote, “’Even without active use, the presence of mobile technologies has the potential to divert individuals from face-to-face exchanges, thereby undermining the character and depth of these connections,’” reads a disturbing new study from researchers at Virginia Tech. ‘Individuals are more likely to miss subtle cues, facial expressions, and changes in the tone of their conversation partner’s voice, and have less eye contact” — just because a cell phone is physically present.'”

So, what’s the add-on with energetic literacy?

At the level of your energy field, you receive a huge bonus for personal growth whenever you interact with another person in “Energetic real time.”

The human energy field, or aura, responds different to other people when you are together in energetic real time:

• In the same room, physically present at the same time
    • Or talking on a phone, present at the same time
    • Or talking via webcam, present at the same time
    • In the photo at the top of this post, JOE is present with GLADYS in energetic real time. Each is storing an energetic hologram of the other.
    • However, GLADYS is storing an energetic hologram of nobody at the other end of her “call” because she is just listening to a message, not speaking with anybody in energetic real time. [Note: I’m clarifying this part of the original article, in response to Clever Comment 7.
    • While the energetic hologram that she IS storing of JOE would be rife with qualities like “Ignoring him, like, totally.”

What’s an energetic hologram?

Just by being humanly present, regardless off whether or not you are using technology at the time, you store an energetic hologram. Every second you are physically present, and in the waking state of consciousness, you store deep within your auric field a detailed energy snapshot of every one of your chakra databanks. Plus every chakra databank of each person in the room or on your call or live video.

Each energetic hologram brims over with detailed information about yourself and each other person. How do I know? I read them for clients and myself. That information can be exceedingly valuable for personal development, learning about what makes somebody tick.

Energetic holograms matter. A lot.

Whether you actively read auras or not, you are enriched by every single energetic hologram. It stores important, valuable, true information about who-you-be. And the same goes for every person with whom you are present together, experiencing that privilege for personal development and spiritual evolution — getting to be with another live human in energetic real time.

By contrast, how enriching is the energetic wisdom when you’re checking your tweets or texts? You could count millions of your fabulous messages. That could make you feel really loved or popular or whatever.

What won’t happen? You won’t store a single energetic hologram.

Aurically speaking, the communication is energetically void, empty, meaningless.

Living wide is one way to live. Many folks today do that, especially those who have inadvertently fallen into spiritual shutdown. Avoid that, Blog-Buddies.

Choose to live juicy, with human-based spirituality.

The occasional electronic tickle is one thing; outsourcing your humanity to life’s shallows via the latest shiny new gadget? That’s something else entirely. Including what doesn’t enrich your life energetically.

Like my Facebook fan page:

24 Comments on “Energetic Literacy supplements today’s news… about smartphones”

Linda Stone said:

Maybe the Unabomber had a point after all….sheesh! His whole thesis was that technology would be the destructive factor of the human race. People would stop having compassion for one another.

Of course, Ted Kaczynski blew people up to prove his point.

July 19th, 2014 at 1:29 pm
    Zelda said:

Interesting post, Rose. I read the article, too.

The main issue I’ve had with others using smartphones has been in the classroom. Definitely a cultural shift in just the past 3 years!

When I first experienced this in my classroom when I was teaching, I was annoyed because it struck me as just plain rude.

July 19th, 2014 at 6:00 pm
    Zelda said:

Then I noticed what bugged me even more.

As I was focusing on JOE’s question, I would be distracted by GLADYS, over in the other end of the room, who’d just decided to check her texts. I could feel that conscious shift to ignoring me and the focus of the class, even if she wasn’t right under my nose.

After I got over taking it all personally, with younger students, it is now our ritual to collect the phones and place them out of reach at the beginning of class.

For the more mature classes, I explain the distraction factor and they have been cooperative about keeping the phones put away.

July 19th, 2014 at 6:35 pm
    Zelda said:

Here’s something else I’ve noticed about the explosion of smartphone use among the college students I teach.

I am the first to admit that I love my smartphone. Not to the extent that I have to spend more time with it than my dinner partner!

But I do enjoy using it creatively to build my business, among other things.

July 19th, 2014 at 6:36 pm
    Zelda said:

The students I teach are wired technologically like crazy! Everyone’s got the newest iPhone.

Here’s what’s funny, though. I don’t think that having the phone at their fingertips makes them any “smarter.” I’ve experienced more students being unfocused than ever.

July 19th, 2014 at 6:36 pm
    Zelda said:

A universe of information is at our fingertips with smartphones, but I find that most of my students don’t tend to think in that curious, flexible, researchy way that can make having a smartphone incredibly fun.

I’ve created a whole body of recordings for my accent reduction classes that my students can access via their smartphones any time they wish.

I have found it amazing that I have to instruct so many of them about using it, and I don’t mean the technical aspects. There will be a few students who get it immediately and just lap it up, finding fun strategies for using the recordings to increase their learning every single day.

July 19th, 2014 at 6:36 pm
    LINDA STONE said:

The woman in the photo looks like she is talking to someone on her phone. She is ignoring Joe, but why wouldn’t she have a hologram with the person on the phone?

I understand no hologram regarding texting.

July 19th, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Answering this question may expose my techo-unsophistication, but who am I to hide it?

LINDA, if the model in this photo really IS talking to someone on her phone, she WOULD be storing an energetic hologram.

However, I assumed she was listening to a recorded message. I have done this on my early model, way antiquated, not especially smart phone.

It is a mobile phone. It does receive messages.

It may also have the ability to text but I have never used this. Hahahaha on me.

July 19th, 2014 at 8:11 pm

When I hold my phone to my ear, either I am listening to one of those messages or I am having a conversation.

What is with the model in this hypothetical situation? If she, too, is simply listening to a message, there is no energetic hologram.

Here come some statistics you might find alarming, Blog-Buddies, if you were reading my blog because of my super-great relationship with smartphones….

July 19th, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Estimated mobile phone usage by Rose. Ever. Lifetime, anyway.

Called up people to talk, using her cell: Maybe 50 times.

Called up people to talk, using her husband’s cell while he was driving: 15 times.

Listened to messages left by friends (who don’t realize she seldom even turns on her mobile phone most days. Otherwise, Rose seems oh-so-normal, right?): 35. (Butt calls included.)

Talked to someone on her cellphone while driving a car: Once?

Pulled over to call from her cell, then resumed driving: Three times?

Oh, such a technowizard… from the days of Merlin.

July 19th, 2014 at 8:15 pm
    Linda Stone said:

Does anyone truly laugh out loud when they are writing LOL on a text?

Or do you really think they are ROFL….rolling on the floor laughing?

Then there are emoticons… ostensibly, I suppose to take the place of the facial nuances we are missing, or the human voice when we are live and in person.

I see the implications. When babies are ignored and neglected, they have failure to thrive. They also do not learn appropriate social cues. No true energetic modeling.

July 19th, 2014 at 9:42 pm
    Linda Stone said:

Without the energetic hologram in texting or tweeting, there is no way to evaluate what is truly going on in ones human interaction.

Early in my texting career, my phone accidently got stuck on all capital letters. My friend called me very upset, asking me why was I yelling at her.

I just did not get it.

It makes sense to me why there is so much upset around tweeting, texting and posting on Facebook. There is loads of room for misunderstanding. All verrry interesting, Rose.

July 19th, 2014 at 9:43 pm
    Emily said:

For me, who has used “LOL” a lot in the past, it has the flavour of “if I was talking to you in person I would have laughed at that, not hysterically though”.

Nowadays I mostly use “haha” for something that has made me quickly exhale through my nose or “hahahahah” if I have been laughing or at least found it funny enough to be showing that text message to other people because I know it will make them laugh. The number of repetitions of each individual “ha” is arbitrary. (I did laugh here and wanted to put “LOL” but it was more of a “lol” and I don’t like the look of that, it feels like laughing apologetically haha).

July 20th, 2014 at 4:15 am
    Emily said:

With emojis (the emoticons you can find on smartphones) I find it a quick short hand to describe your feelings if you want. But then people don’t get much practice at writing about their feelings. I have even felt annoyed at someone’s particular choice of emoji because there is one that looks kinda disbelieving and contemptuous. I don’t even have it on my phone but it did suit the rest of that message from the person who sent it so maybe she downloaded that one on purpose.

July 20th, 2014 at 4:18 am
    Emily said:

I personally love using the non-face concrete noun emojis.
    So if my friend says she is able to come for that picnic I will say “YAY!” And then put emojis of several apples, oranges, bananas and an ice cream.

July 20th, 2014 at 4:20 am

Good to know about emojis, EMILY. So what emojis could be created for core concepts around here? Like these:

Skilled Empath emoji

Busy, Now Doing Skilled Empath Merge

Don’t Mess with Me (Or I might have to read your aura)

Adoring Your Face, As Only a Face Reader Can

Other ideas, Blog-Buddies? Or any sense what the visuals might look like for these emojis?

July 20th, 2014 at 8:48 am
    Isabella said:

Lol. (translation right now=genuine bright smile, entertained by this discussion). Emojis are hilarious and really truly crack me up sometimes. They make texting way more fun… I guess they are good for visual people!

This is funny to think about, but it’s true that some people really have a handle on their emoji vocabularly… they’ve put in the time to learn this little vocabulary and thus can be particularly hilarious, cute, or expressive when using them…

Rose, I would get so much use out of a “Skilled Empath” emoji. Or an emoji that just accidentally did an unskilled empath merge and picked up some stuff would be hilarious.

July 20th, 2014 at 11:17 am
    Maria said:

ROSE,

Even though hand-written letters are
    not “real time” and therefore,
    energetically “dead”, why are they
    still so resonant for people?

Some of my most prized possessions
    are letters, especially from those
    no longer here. I can read them anytime
    and their words always bring me comfort.

They may not be in “real time” but
    they are in “soul time”.
    Surely that counts for something.

July 20th, 2014 at 11:44 pm
    David.. said:

Something I posted on my other blog:
    Look Up

July 21st, 2014 at 2:36 am
    David.. said:

It’s worth noting that the trend was already well underway with computers and “social” media. What Smart phones did was make it portable and thus potentially ubiquitous. Kind of like having an interactive TV in your pocket. Only worse.

Some social media is designed to keep you as engaged as possible so you provide more information they can collect about you. Facebook has observed that people were getting depressed by the universally positive messages of friends apparently having a better life. So they did recently published research where they were attempting to manipulate the mood of users by altering the text people had posted to them.

Very handy tools but no replacement for a hollow life.

July 21st, 2014 at 3:13 am
    David.. said:

Just to be clear, Rose. A standard cell phone can make calls, take messages and text. Some even take pictures.

A smart phone (or TV) includes a computer that can run apps. Just a fancy name for programs, just like on a computer. So the phone can take pictures and movies, browse the Internet, Tweet, open a word processing program, a compass, a sketchbook, a bubble level, a scanner, a measuring tape, a piano, a card game, a drum set, astrology chart maker, sticky notes, email, and thousands of other things.

No joke – I have all those apps (free) on my phone.

July 21st, 2014 at 3:20 am
    David.. said:

What the shift to texting did was allow private conversations in public places. Its a nice change from loud people on the bus.

It also avoids the usage and roaming minutes in most cases.

Young people love it. But yeah. Its so easy to get lost in the flood of info and fake friends. Some people I know follow the Twitter feeds of hundreds of people. How is that even possible? What about quality over quantity?

July 21st, 2014 at 3:25 am
    David.. said:

And yeah, most of those apps I almost never use. They were just amusing to try. ;-)

July 21st, 2014 at 3:30 am

DAVID, I find amusement in using my iPod and iPad. And my antiquated cellphone. Just that I don’t text or tweet.

Not living in outer space, just protective of my personal time management!

July 21st, 2014 at 5:58 pm