Moral Culpability. 5 Ways to Counter that Downward Pull.

Moral Culpability
See no evil?
Hear no evil?
Speak no evil?
Today these are versions of Moral Culpability.

Ever hear the traditional Chinese saying about “Three Wise Monkeys”? Now it’s so obsolete. Moral culpability means saying what is wrong or doing what is wrong. Or withdrawing from necessary action.

We can find a wiser course than to “See no evil. Hear no evil. Speak no evil.” Find a greater wisdom than “Hold our noses at moral culpability.” Sure, what’s happening in America today is sad, even tragic. Nonetheless, we can do better than the old monkeys routine.

For Starters, Please Find Some Joy Today

Here in the suburbs of Washington, D.C., the skies are cold. The temperature, grey.

In honor of grey slime, perhaps. Grey slime  gets stuck in auras as a byproduct of moral culpability. Occurring after people have slammed their minds shut. Polished up their opinions. Hunkered down along with others who also “Know Everything.” Righteously closing the creaky door to their hearts.

By contrast, your hearts are warm, Blog-Buddies. Your minds are clear. I know it. And your soul stands at attention. You aim to make a difference in this world. Well, today’s your chance. Every tomorrow will supply you and me with another bright chance.

We need all those chances. We don’t have to know everything, so long as we’re willing to keep on learning. Then we can put the best we know into action.

Where Has Moral Culpability Brought the Country I Love?

On this historic day, Donald Trump is being inaugurated as president. According to research I’ve done with Stage Three Energetic Literacy,
Trump is living in extreme spiritual addiction. In essence, the man’s a puppet, run by astral beings. So are wife Melania, Veep Mike Pence, House Speaker Ryan (new to this particular energetic ailment), even Trump’s inauguration singer Jackie Evancho.

Trump’s advisors and cabinet choices could audition for movie roles. Maybe a casting call for actors to play the staff of Slytherin? For a starring role, I nominate Steve Bannon, of Breitbart fame. Not only does he live in extreme spiritual addiction. The man is wickedness on steroids.

So it won’t be enough for us to lift up our hearts. Although that’s a start. Because people don’t just slip on a banana peel, then fall into extreme spiritual addiction. Or spiritual shutdown. Or spiritual addiction.

Instead, by making one choice after another, we develop a consciousness lifestyle. Unless we cross the line into extreme spiritual addiction, we can always come back into a joyful life, moving forward in spiritual evolution. And uplifting the world as we go.

Speaking of which, here are five alternatives to the collective moral culpability that has brought us here.

Moral Culpability Balancer #1: Speak Respectfully

Hey, sometimes you gnash your teeth. So what? Nobody’s teeth must be perfect. Neither must our personal feelings and thoughts be perfect.

Spiritually, your inner life is private.  Furthermore it is, I believe, a kind of karma-free zone.

What matters is what you choose to say out loud. Plus what you choose to do. With sleazy little choices, moral culpability begins.

Alternatively, your speech and actions can hasten the forward progress of personal growth, spiritual awakening.

Many Trump supporters praise the man for being “Down to earth.” And “authentic.” Really? Or has he simply acted rudely, appealing to the lowest common denounc-i-ator?

Nasty, racist, insulting words. Have you been seeing them on Facebook? When people post hatred, they know it’s wrong. Even if they were raised by wolves, or the human equivalent.

FB posts that I never would have believed possible! Oh well. All the more reason to do my human best, both on FB and off.

Civility is a brave alternative to the moral culpability around us.

Moral Culpability Balancer #2: Demonstrate Honor Through Your Work

Helping people. Isn’t all work about that, ultimately?

Except for work attitudes when a person’s approach results in moral culpability. For instance, I’m a fan of country music. Nonetheless, I’ve noticed certain troubling themes.

• Hating “this stupid job.”
  • Getting drunk whenever possible.
  • Giving up, including the lovely-sounding idea that somehow it’s best to victim up and let Jesus “take the wheel.”
  • And ugh! A language thing: Purposely misusing our English language in a vain show of authenticity.

Lazy choices add up, both individually and in collective consciousness.

Let’s keep making different choices. Ones that add up to something good. We can always find work, volunteer if not being paid. Moreover, whatever work we do find, let us resolve to season that day’s work with honor.

Moral Culpability Balancer #3: Follow the New Rules for Effective Living

New rules for moral rightness apply in this Age of Awakening. Such different rules, compared to what we were taught growing up!

Part of my self-help book “The New Strong” is a practical education in today’s New Rules. How radically they differ from Old Rules for success that applied before the Shift into this Age of Awakening.

Living today we have a new vibrational freedom, regarding our consciousness.

When it comes to avoiding moral capability, what is a simple way to put it? (Which will make a lot more sense if you read “The New Strong.”) Don’t substitute your feelings and opinions for taking action in reality.

Petula Dvorak’s recent column in the Washington Post, Advice for Women’s March Participants: Less pink, more grit., was a great example. To paraphrase, “If you’re going to the Women’s March on 1/21/17, don’t wear a pink hat to express your feelings. In reality, this will expose you to ridicule. Instead, demonstrate in a way that brings respect to your cause.”

The “Three Wise Monkeys” of yore were so Age of Faith.

In this Age of Awakening, we can’t get away with feeling righteous inside, then trusting that somehow our so-precious feelings alone… can make a difference in reality.

Moral Culpability Balancer #4: Bathe Daily (Energetically)

Please don’t spend your day “Grounding and Shielding.” What, you don’t know why not? Again, I urge you to read “The New Strong.”

One change since that book was published, less than a year ago.

Sigh! A change related to the energetic mess brought on by moral culpability and rampant misuse of our new vibrational freedom…

In that book I teach how to do a Remote Negative Thought Form Healing. There, I advise you to do it every couple of months.

Well, times have changed rapidly. Therefore, it’s now recommended that you do self-healing in that way… every 1-3 days.

Just a word to the wise.

Wise people choose smart ways to cleanse themselves energetically. And not just for our personal growth.

Wise choices make us less prone to slip into moral culpability.

Moral Culpability Balancer #5: Be Relentless in Your Search for Goodness

Don’t despair just because we live in a world of shared karmas, including today’s “Orange-Colored Soup du Jour.”

Everyone in America reading this post, and all you readers who care about America, take heart. Then do the rest of the job required to lift yourself up.

• Notice beautiful things, inspiring things (in objective reality). Not just warm, fuzzy feelings….
  • Create every day, with music or dance or writing or crafts or carpentry. Do the creative act, rather than just visualizing a perfect day when you’ll actually pick up a paintbrush.
  • Prayer can make a big difference — including the series I’ve started writing, one post at a time.

Caution: Regarding all these good things, remember. None of them is a substitute for honorable speech and action.

Rather, the beautiful and good can lift you up. Strengthening you to do your reasonable best.

Postscript about Moral Culpability

Have you been wondering about this too? How does moral culpability happen?

I’ve thought about that a lot, especially since the election. Here are my thoughts, and I’d love to read yours. So, as always, comment away. Okay, here I go, sharing my latest thinking.

Moral culpability is an outcome of accumulated choices. Such as under-performing and then blaming others. Or lying to oneself and others. Worst of all, enjoying the cheap pleasures of malice.

When people cannot find the strength to do their best in life, they slip into mistakes.

I’ve been there. Perhaps you’ve been there, too.

But here’s the deal.

Every Day We Make Countless Moral Choices. New Ones.

In that way we can turn around any past offences in moral culpability.

Case in point: It’s no good, pasting a bumper sticker on your car, “Don’t blame me. I voted for Bernie.”

Each of us has a moral compass. Deep down, we know when we’re lying to ourselves.

If old enough to vote, and we still vote like teenagers, deep down we know that we could do better.

Making Sound Moral Choices Can Become a Habit

Either we live with honor or we choose moral culpability.

Human beings vote morally by making one choice at a time. Speaking one word at a time. Doing one deed at a time. Living one day at a time, as though that day were a brand new opportunity. (Which, of course, it can be.)

To quote one of my heroes, a man of audacity and purposeful action, “Yes we can.”

Yes, every day we can live with honor.

May we never fall into either despair or indifference, Blog-Buddies.

What can keep us safe during the triumph of Trump? Every single day, let us add to the goodness of life here on earth.

58 thoughts on “Moral Culpability. 5 Ways to Counter that Downward Pull.”

• 1
    Rachel says:

Thanks so much for this post, Rose. It – and all of RES – is a beacon of light in dark times.

• 2
    Rachel says:

I have been struck recently by comments from friends of mine who are not into ‘spiritual stuff,’ and who certainly don’t know about RES, but who make comments such as, “Mike Pence has no soul.”

It seems that even without energetic literacy many people can detect that ‘something is wrong,’ even if they can’t pinpoint what it is.

• 3
    Rachel says:

Also, I have received many emails from campaigning organisations about ‘resistance’ and ‘fighting back.’

And while, on the one hand, I am very sympathetic (it makes me think of that famous quote: ‘the only thing required for evil to prevail is that good men do nothing’), I also hope very much that the extreme times we live in will serve to open people’s minds to ideas about consciousness, and lead them to RES!

• 4

Thanks for all these comments, RACHEL.

I look forward to resuming the more lighthearted posts that are the norm for my blog and out comments.

Yet we do live in times that require recognition and, sometimes, making moral choices.

• 5

As for having more people learn about RES and use it, I do my best.

And I just know that you and other Blog-Buddies are giving my books as gifts, or recommending them, and otherwise spreading the word about RES.

• 6

Regarding friends who have commented about Pence, for instance, you might tell them that you’ve seen a YouTube that spells out in detail why he “seems to have not soul.” And you wonder if your friend might find it interesting to take a look.

If you get a “Yes,” you can make it easy to watch. Send an email with the YouTube link.

• 7

Or, for an upbeat example, your friends who don’t consider themselves “spiritual” would probably enjoy face reading or samples of energetic literacy. Sophisticated people tend to be especially appreciative.

When introducing, it helps if you put particular blog links in context. For instance, you might ask, “Did you know that it’s possible to read people’s energies in a precise way that has nothing to do with a psychic sort of reading?

“I saw an aura reading at Rose Rosetree’s blog about [name the celebrity of your choice] and it was [some praise or other]. Would you like me to send you a link?”

• 8

And speaking of RES outreach, you may know, RACHEL, that movie awards season is upon us, following the Golden Globes.

After Academy Award nominees are named for this year, I’ll be doing the usual, annual slew of aura reading movie reviews, adding to the “Hot Topics” article called “Aura Reading Movie Reviews by Rose Rosetree — Find Them All Here.”

Just the thing for brainy people who enjoy film.

• 9
    Zofia says:

Thanks for this Rose. “Morality” still exists! Despite all post-shift blurriness.

• 10
    Grant says:

What’s my way to avoid moral culpability?

I choose to engage fully in my human life.

• 11
    Grant says:

Penelope’s post really inspired me in this regard. About the enlightenment game.

• 12
    Dana W says:

Thank you for this post! Number 5 especially hit home, as the media sometimes seems to be on a relentless search for the shocking or disturbing.

I liked: “Notice beautiful things, inspiring things (in objective reality). Not just warm, fuzzy feelings….” because it has led me start to notice more of the beautiful, inspiring, and good in objective reality in a way that I wasn’t before.

• 13
    An Avid Reader says:

Thank you, Rose for this message. It is so important in these times that we “add to the goodness of life here on earth”.

Thank you for the work that you have been doing for so many years, and that you continue to do now, as it has made such a tremendous difference in my life.

• 14
    Chloe says:

Really interesting post Rose. I’m really seeing how our new vibrational freedom is allowing people to experiment with incivility in words and actions.

In the workplace this could explain why harassment and bullying isn’t getting any better but more complex.

• 15

Indeed, CHLOE. People are not following the New Rules for managing our vibrational freedom.

But you know about them from “The New Strong.” 🙂

Meanwhile millions of good people are confused by this vibrational freedom. They’re living with no rules, breaking the obsolete Old Rules and also ignoring the New Rules that improve civility (and so much more).

• 16

As you say, harrassment and bullying are growing more “complex.”

Because people are expressing subconscious rages. Shooting from the hip, as it were. Shooting of their mouths, for instance, while awareness isn’t positioned at human vibrational frequences but astral (a.k.a. subconscious) vibrational frequencies.

• 17

Even if people don’t know about how to live successfully in The Age of Awakening, for as long as we’re human we do possess knowledge of right and wrong.

Hence my emphasis in this post on moral culpability. Sooner or later, people sort out their deeds from their motivations, what they have done versus their feelings and rationalizations.

• 18

Think, for instance, of all the Germans who went along with Hitler.

How long did it take before they realized their moral culpability?

During that lifetime? For sure, at the life review. And then the cascade of karma would surely have continued.

• 19

It takes a brave person to face the morality of one’s speech and actions.

Voting, for instance, is not just a way to express your feelings. Or to have fun by playing around with a big popularity contest. Voting in an election is a solemn responsibility. Bringing both political consequences and moral consequences.

• 20

Adults can choose to live as though they’re still in high school, turning this potentially amazing human lifetime into a game of Trivial Pursuit.

But if they’re old enough to vote, they’re old enough to think about the moral aspect of their actions. Even if not, moral culpability means that eventually they will face inescapable consequences.

• 21

Thanks so much to everyone who has been commenting at this theme:

ZOFIA, who never stops learning.

DANA W, who always gets it.

Wise GRANT.

AN AVID READER, who has really touched my heart and inspired me.

• 22
    An Avid Reader says:

Thank you so much, Rose.

I always learn so much here. This is a place I come to be uplifted and inspired.

• 23
    Zofia says:

thanks for those comments Rose. They’re useful verbalisations.

Yes, I’ve noticed all of these things. In myself and others.

• 24
    Zofia says:

I’ve always had lots of words and ideas at my disposal… but I’ve seen a total explosion in what my consciousness comes up with since around 2012.

• 25
    Zofia says:

As someone who values timely decision making, this has been pretty frustrating.

If I consider that everyone has been experiencing this, then it’s a wonder civilisation has continued at all!

• 26
    Zofia says:

Anyway, well done human beings for doing as well as we have.

• 27
    David B says:

You make a great point in the 10th paragraph, Rose. We don’t fall into it in an hour on a bad day. We fall through an accumulation of choices over a period of time.

It’s rather the opposite of developing a skill. Practice makes perfect. Or in this case, habit leads to shadow.

• 28
    David B says:

We don’t need to be perfect. Just pointing the attention in the right direction.

🙂

• 29
    Brenda says:

Thanks Rose for this post. It inspires me.

wondering: Is Ivanka gone also or is she our one hope?

• 30

Gee, BRENDA. You’re welcome. I’m glad you’re inspired.

Forgive me, but I have not read auras of all public figures. Accordingly I cannot comment on Ivanka Trump.

• 31

But your comment did give me a giggle.

In what reality would Ivanka Trump be “our one hope”?

I sure don’t live in that reality. American government does have a system of checks and balances,you know. Last I heard, Ivanka Trump was not an elected politician.

• 32
    Emily T says:

Thank you for this Rose. This post has given me ideas and also some reassurance that there is much I can do.

• 33
    Zofia says:

David, true, good intentions help. But knowledge is also super important.

I’ve kind of realised more recently how much the shift actually effected me, when, being me I scoffed at the hyperbole of what was being said about 2012 at the time.

• 34
    Zofia says:

Neural plasticity helps also.

I have to say, when among groups of younger people (ie ten years or so younger) I do notice that they’re pretty well adjusted. I’m usually around people ten years or so older than me, so the difference is quite stark. So there’s hope.

• 35

Thanks for all these comments, Blog-Buddies. To me, that Comment #33 especially hit home. With “The New Strong,” I offered a rare wakeup call about humanity’s ongoing challenges while adjusting to our new vibrational freedom.

That short book is packed with understandings and how-to’s that make all the difference between a good life now — internally at least — and a horrible mess.

As for adjustment to how millennials deal with humanity’s new vibrational freedom, I’m not so impressed as you ZOFIA. Behaviorally, adjustment is smoother. At the level of auras? Well, problems with consciousness lifestyle can always, always, always be healed.

Meanwhile, today it’s likely that one of you Blog-Buddies will post Comment #37,000.

• 36
    Zofia says:

Interesting Rose. I guess you never know how people are coping.

As you know, I’m not an aura reader. And what you find in aura readings can be surprising!

• 37
    Dana K says:

Given the political climate this weekend I’ve been in a lot of conversations about the ban, the wall, refugees etc.

I find many people as you mentioned here “enjoying the cheap pleasures of malice”.

• 38
    Dana K says:

So many in their heads are in the right, but want these other humans to suffer “because they didn’t do things legally” or “their religion is violent” or “we have Americans here to help first”.

• 39
    Dana K says:

It’s hard to reconcile that I know some of these people and they have been good parents or acquaintances, upstanding in many ways, then this!

In their imaginations a hero to this made up enemy, the one the administration told them was bad.

So strange for me to see.

• 40

Sobering words, DANA. In what you wrote, the beautiful part, to me, is how you’ve engaged in conversation.

Speaking up just a little, while wearing your superb auric modeling, can help.

I’m curious about how other Blog-Buddies react to these latest comments from you. For you other Americans, have you had similar conversations?

• 41

DANA K, your inspiring comments here shaped my new post.

I was already planning to release a new YouTube today, but you gave me context. Thank you!

Here’s a link — Enlightenment Inspiration — that’s what you woke up in this Enlightenment Coach.

• 42
    Rose Rosetree says:

A related article that might be of interest to you:

7 Tips to Stay Safe Energetically

If you do go there, might I recommend? Check out some wonderful comments by Blog-Buddies.

• 43
    Rose Rosetree says:

One of the biggest choices now is this:

Will I choose to be a good person?

Or will I choose to enjoy hatred, anger, cruelty?

• 44
    Rose Rosetree says:

Now we’ve got a thread going on BDSM. And, at this aura reading, a stark reminder of the consequences of choosing to inflict pain and confuse people:

BDSMish Emily Prior Receives an Aura Reading. A Sort of Valentine.

What starts as seeking a new bit of thrill can really result in soul-numbing vice.

• 45
    Rose Rosetree says:

With the Breitbart crew, and daily Trump tweets of hatred, collective consciousness has changed. Now it has become easy to slide down the slippery slope of rage and cruelty.

Don’t let it tempt you. Choose love and kindness. Choose to live, even, The New Strong.

• 46
    Rose Rosetree says:

Today somebody showed me a YouTube with Trump shaking the hand of Japanese Prime Minister Abe.

It’s billed as “Trump’s Cringeworthy Handshake With Japanese Leader (VIDEO)” and originally I thought it was supposed to be funny.

• 47
    Rose Rosetree says:

Well, it wasn’t funny to me. It was scary.

You may know, Blog-Buddies, I’ve spent a year of my life in Japan, facilitating sessions for VOICE. Some 13 trips with workshops and personal sessions.

To some extent, I can see and feel the world through Japanese eyes. And I’ve got to tell you, Trump’s body language was crude and threatening and nearly violent.

• 48
    Rose Rosetree says:

Explaining, to my satisfaction, Abe’s expression of horror. Which he wasn’t able to conceal.

Do you know anything about Japanese culture? Then you’re aware that one specialty is learning to mask and hide one’s feelings.

For Abe to show so plainly his horror and repugnance — this wasn’t like some high school kid with attitude, making a fuss.

• 49
    Rose Rosetree says:

Instead this was Japan’s highest politician, in public.

Note as well: Unlike anywhere else on earth, Japan has more empaths. I estimate 1 in 5 people. It is “The Land of the Rising SENSITIVITY.”

My theory? Prime Minister Abe made contact with what it was like to be Donald Trump. And that, even more than the over-the-top aggressive body language is what caused the horror that Abe could not hide.

• 50
    Rose Rosetree says:

Wickedness and cruelty are right out in our world, front and center.

Political action is wise.

On a personal level, we can promise ourselves that we will never let our hearts turn away from kindness, gentleness, and caring. This world’s fate may depend on having enough people who insist upon that.

• 51
    AJ says:

Donald Trump is certainly someone I want to avoid doing any kind of Empath Merge with, Skilled or Unskilled!

• 52
    Cathy says:

Rose, thank you for this reminder.

I have been a bit discouraged, wondering how to deal with all the hate out there. And the people who have said, you shouldn’t say anything.

• 53
    Rosanna Tufts says:

Justin Trudeau, however, must have known what he was about to get into — and refused to take the bait! Good for him!

• 54
    Cathy says:

And this grates against my beliefs that we must say something, stand for what is right and a voice of reason.

Thank you all for the reminder that there are many lovely people out there.

• 55
    Cathy says:

It’s really too bad we couldn’t collectively flood the newsfeeds and internet with higher vibrations in beauty and self worth.

Kind of like with the bombing in Paris over a year ago, where people flooded twitter with their pet photos and the hashtag the gunmen were using, to mess up their communication.

It is a phenomenon worth remembering.

• 56
    Cathy says:

Rosanna Tufts, not sure what you are talking about? Although I agree Justin is more clever than people give him credit for.

• 57
    juliette says:

so comforting to read your o so wise commentaries – u give me great solace thank you so much Rose Rosetree – a brilliant and loving soul

• 58
    Rose Rosetree says:

How kind, JULIETTE! Welcome to commenting at the blog.

You’re so invited to keep reading here and keep posting comments.

And today is a special day around here since I just made live my first-ever online workshop, complete with a completely free, no spam ever, 5-lesson introductory workshop, “Aura Reading for YOU.” Take a look and see if it’s for you. 🙂