Fragile Empaths? How You Can Help Them

Empaths are NOT fragile, like glass that's easily broken.
Fragile empaths? Real empaths are decidedly NOT fragile, like glass that’s easily broken. Unless…

Fragile Empaths? This is one of three awful stories that I’ve noticed gaining traction since the last time I offered the Empath Empowerment® Workshop. Since this annual workshop begins exactly one week from today, let’s set the record straight.

Including news crawl that would be showing the latest developments.

Latest development for fragile empaths if you were watching “Empath TV.”

If there really were such a thing as “fragile empaths.”

Also if, in the first place, there were an “Empath TV” show to watch.

Even Without Being Fragile, Empaths Are Now

— To Some Degree — At Risk

Please read this post if you know anyone who has been talking to you lately about being an empath. Because today’s post may present you with some pretty easy ways to help them.

And of course, you’d be wise to keep reading if you are an empath yourself. Since you’re not immune from weird trends in collective consciousness. Please read this article extra closely if your worries in life have included being an empath.

Together let’s take a breath of fresh air. Reasonableness, too! As I guide you through three new problems that empaths face today, early in The Age of Awakening.

1. I’ve Already Tried “Empath Empowerment.” So What?

This Empath Coach has been working in mind-body-spirit since 1970. Frankly, I thought it was pretty impossible to shock me. Yet this sure is happening now… related to my work helping empaths.

Shock is related to my innocent faith in U.S. copyright law and registered trademarks. But I’m not just writing to convey my personal sense of shock and outrage. I’m ringing out a warning.

Many empaths today have “tried” Empath Empowerment. Well, hello!

Copycats Really Do Confuse Empaths

Unbeknownst to empaths who trusted the biggest promoters on the Net to be the really big experts… how many empaths know about the trademarked system, Empath Empowerment®.   Or my copyrighted books, “The Empowered Empath — Quick & Easy” and “The Empowered Empath: Owning, Embracing and Managing Your Special Gifts.

Instead they were sampling products like these:

• Empath Abilities Empowerment, courtesy of Teal Swan on YouTube
  • Bridget Nielson, who broadcasts as a self-styled expert on “Empath Empowerment.”
  • The anonymous mental health expert who offers a series on how to become an Empowered Empath.
  • “Magnetic Mama” who teaches… what else, “Empath Empowerment.”
  • Judith Orloff (who ought to know a little bit about trademarks and copyrights) writing about “Empowered Empath”
  • And there’s plenty more where that came from. Just search on YouTube, if you have the stomach for it.
  • Along with loads of “Empath Empowerment Workshops” and “Empowered Empath Workshops

See what I mean?

“Empowered Empath” Is Actually Something Specific, Not Random

Although empaths wouldn’t necessarily know this from their fun freebies on the web, on Facebook, etc.

So if folks tell you “I tried it and it didn’t do much,” ask “Who was your teacher?”

Afterwards you might be bold enough to tell them, “You were offered a cheap imitation. Now, how about trying the real deal?”

2.  So-Fragile “Empaths” Who Actually Aren’t Empaths

During the years leading up to the Shift into The Age of Awakening, millions of people noticed they had become “energy sensitive.”

Sadly, energy sensitivity wasn’t understood. More like a shiny new toy.

Well, guess what? Many empath advisors have been telling non-empaths that they are empaths.

As in “Empaths (supposedly) feel everything.” Which applies to all people who are energy sensitive. And which definitely is not how to tell if you’re an empath.

And, most extremely definitely, it is untrue that skilled empaths — or even unskilled empaths — necessarily “feel everything.”

Geesh!

Don’t Tell Non-Empaths They Are Empaths. It’s Not Nice.

Wotta mess! If only those so-called experts had Stage Three Energetic Literacy they could read auras of some real empaths and start telling the difference.

How funny would this be, if not also so sad? A book reviewer complained to me about “The Empowered Empath: Quick & Easy.”

Why? To her surprise, I didn’t encourage readers that they could become empaths if they really wanted to.

Let me assure you, Blog-Buddies. Auras of empaths are qualitatively different. From birth! You don’t grab yourself an empath aura. Unless, perhaps, you spot a magical wizard riding a unicorn, and he grants you three wishes.

These days I’m giving out a Free Empath Check to anybody who’s considering taking my Empath Empowerment® Workshop. Empath auras are different from those of non-empaths.

Confusing? Doesn’t Have to Be

Did you know this? People can have plenty of kinds of astral-level STUFF, causing them to feel uncomfortable. Which doesn’t mean they are empaths.

• Go ahead, be a friend to your friends… who say they are empaths. Tell them, “It sounds like you’re energy sensitive. But that doesn’t necessarily mean you’re an empath.”
  • How else can you help friends? Invite them to learn about empath skills here, at this blog. Where there are loads of free resources for empaths, resources packed with relible information.
  • If inclined, your friends could apply for this year’s Empath Empowerment® Workshop. Including that aforementioned Free Empath Check.
  • Or have a session with any RES expert . A session for personal growth. During the session, they could ask, “Am I an empath?” And an answer would be included in the session.

3. The Sad, and Distinctly Unhelpful Myth of being a “Fragile Empath.”

In this context, I’m not just talking about the author of a book for empaths called “The POWER of Your Intense Fragility.”

If you read contents pages and reviews for that book — or other books for empaths at Amazon.com — ouch! You’ll find plenty of books that take a psychological approach. Soothing empaths. Consoling them for being so terribly damaged and vulnerable. Helping them to feel better; while they work ever-harder at their boundaries.

Other authors and bloggers advocate a New Age approach instead, as in “Cleanse your aura constantly.” Why? Presumably it’s because (supposedly) empaths are just sooooooooo fragile.

What nonsense! Neither New Age energy cleansing nor psychological methods can really bring empowerment to an empath. Read auras from photos of these authors. You’ll find out pretty fast how great their fragile empath approach is working for them!

Thanks to the grace of God, and human skills of appropriate co-creation, we can avoid such confusion. This Empath Coach helps folks to become stronger, not weaker. You know, Empath Empowerment®!

Ask your questions below.

Finally, the gold standard for gaining skills of Empath Empowerment® is the workshop being offered exactly one week from today. Come join us at “Empath Empowerment for a Stronger Sense of Self.”

32 thoughts on “Fragile Empaths? How You Can Help Them”

• 1
    Liane says:

I am one of those people who searched the web for anything I could find about being an empath.

Mostly what I learned was that I was, unfortunately, going to have to buck-up and accept the fact that life for me was always going to consist of ‘feeling’ other people’s emotions and/or pain.

• 2
    Liane says:

Then I stumbled on this website and spent the next long while trying to decipher the new language —

RES?
    Empath Empowerment?
    Empath Merges?
    Skilled Empath Merges?
    Enlightenment?
    Reading Auras?
    Cords of Attachment?
    Sheesh.

• 3
    Liane says:

Being overwhelmed I finally bought one, then two, then nearly all of Rose’s books.

Overwhelmed again.

• 4
    Liane says:

Rose suggested I start in the beginning with ‘Becoming The Most Important Person In The Room’.

Thanks Rose.

• 5
    Liane says:

I said all that to say this – admittedly I was drawn to this website by the name Rose Rosetree, it simply intrigued me.

I stayed because of the integrity, honesty, and hope found here.

Because of the blog buddies (you guys are a fascination to read), and, yes, because of the trademark.

• 6
    Rose Rosetree says:

LIANE, thank you so much.

• 7
    Erika Harris says:

1. I wrote “The POWER of Your Intense Fragility.” The line comes from an E.E. Cummings poem.

2. The subtitle is: “What culture hasn’t told you about being sensitive AND strong.” No broken glass, whatsoever. But you’d have to actually read beyond the title to know that.

3. Despite the uncharitable and inapplicable rant Rose Rosetree gives here, I included her as one of my favorite resources for empaths, and have referred countless empaths to her over the years.

Obviously, I’ve now reconsidered my former view of friendship, given her attack here, which is based on very superficial and skimmed presumption.

Disappointing, to say the least!

• 8
    Rose Rosetree says:

Thank you for sharing your point of view here, Erika Harris.

Your referrals over the years have certainly been appreciated (although not one person has ever come forward to name you as a reason for having a session with me or commenting at my blog, so I had no way of knowing this).

• 9
    Rose Rosetree says:

Since you used to value my work, I wish you had reached out before today, when you chose to set me and my community straight by publicly airing your sense of outrage.

I do wish you and your readers well.

• 10
    Rose Rosetree says:

Finally, I do stand by the point about fragility fears for empaths that I made in this post. even if it does not apply to what you have intended.

However ironically you meant the main title of your book, the truth is, many people DO equate being an empath with fragility. Often feeling worried about whether they are too vulnerable and fragile to survive.

If you intended to convey another message, perhaps you might have drawn on something other than the work of the famous poet when you chose your book title.

• 11
    Erika Harris says:

“I wish you had reached out before today, when you chose to set me and my community straight by publicly airing your sense of outrage.”

Rose, in #3 of YOUR ORIGINAL POST you refer to my work by name! So, yes, that is an invitation for me to come and CLARIFY what you have misspoken.

I again remind you and your readers of my SUBTITLE, which is: “What culture hasn’t told you about being sensitive AND strong.”

My position is that empaths are evolutionary leaders! I call forth our strength and power.

You and I are more aligned on this point, than you’d like to admit… as you seem set to knock the work of others without bothering to even read an entire title.

Your trademark aside, how perceptive is that, Rose??

• 12
    Rose Rosetree says:

Okay, Ms. HARRIS. I was just about to send you a friendly email, apologizing for hurting your feelings (if I did) and telling you that I will get past the title — which put me off, and read your book. Now I’m put off once again, unfortunately.

No more insulting me at my personal blog, please. My readers get the message, and if they wish to hear more from you they know where to find you, thanks to your link in both of your comments here.

• 13
    Rose Rosetree says:

For any of you who are curious, for several years now I have not read books about empath skills, face reading, or aura reading. Although I read a lot and enjoy learning from others.

If a writer contacts me personally, that might be different. Unfortunately I have encountered many books where the author plagiarized my work. In a couple of instances, for most of the book. As you can imagine, reading this kind of thing is remarkably unpleasant.

• 14
    Erika Harris says:

Your reply form ASKS for the website, Rose! My goodness. No flames intended.

Best wishes with your workshop, and despite today’s hostility, I remain grateful for your work.

• 15
    Zofia says:

Rose, I do understand your concern. My own experience is that people don’t understand sensitivity.

It’s always surprised me when others might suggest “I’m too sensitive to cope” and that has only happened when the d*ckhead in question was being deliberately manipulative!

• 16
    Zofia says:

That completely goes against my own understanding of myself as someone very resilient and able to take responsibility, often when others fail to.

• 17
    Zofia says:

The narratives we tell ourselves are important! Certainly. Being an empath adds a richness and interest to life that I can’t imagine living without.

• 18
    Zofia says:

If you think what you could do with empath skills if you were completely out for yourself, with no instinct for service, its extraordinary!

You could run circles around everyone!

• 19
    Zofia says:

You have to bless us empaths for being so humble about our gifts and wanting to use our powers for good. lol.

Anyway, that’s a different perspective.

• 20
    Zofia says:

Hmm, I’m just trying to offer some different perspectives. Of course we can feel vulnerable, and that’s OK.

But there’s no need to build your entire identity around being an empath. You can get the skills and live your life.

• 21
    Zofia says:

Personally, I find the nurturing empath stereotype too much to live up to. wrt Erika’s website, I don’t *want* to listen to everyone talk about their problems!

Never have! omg.

• 22
    Zofia says:

One thing I should say is that not all empaths are predominantly emotional empaths… so the experiences can be very different.

• 23
    Rose Rosetree says:

ZOFIA, you’re so right. And just think about the implications of that for a minute. Besides the non-empaths who are being told that, supposedy, they are empaths…

Many empaths have no clue that they’re empaths, since it’s defined as “emotional.”

• 24
    Rose Rosetree says:

Blog-Buddies you can do your empath friends a big favor, and in such a simple way. If the topic of “empath” comes up, steer friends towards this more accurate way of understanding who’s an empath and who is not.

• 25
    David B says:

Great point, Rose. The distinction between energy sensitivity and empath gifts.

I run into people regularly who may have some gifts. I refer them to your site as I’ve found some have adopted some empath language for sensitivity.

• 26
    David B says:

I’ll concur on what I’ve seen out there on empath “support.” I saw Judith Orloff at a conference some years back. From a quiz, it became apparent I was an empath – not something remotely in my self-concept.

However, she was completely focused on emotional empaths and none of her advice had any application. It was information I didn’t know what to do with.

• 27
    David B says:

She talked a lot abut ideas like “energy vampires” too.

Most of the conversation about empaths out there revolves around just the one type.

One can see how emotions, fragility and sensitivity may be mushed together.

• 28
    David B says:

I’ve often rolled my eyes at talks. One said everyone can be an empath but if you are, too bad, you need to wear giant rocks to protect yourself and avoid toxic (most) people.

Of course, she cultured the gypsy fortune-teller look and paraphernalia.

I was pretty happy to have discovered this resource.

• 29
    Miko says:

I have been curious, since 2012 when I was told I was an empath and healer more than once, during a time of intense awakening.

I searched and I found you online – and purchased several of your books, working through them slowly.

• 30
    Miko says:

I was surprised at others who referred to themselves also as empaths but I wasn’t so sure.

Now I’m not sure sometimes about myself – but I am going through another awakening through breast cancer (in remission!).

• 31
    Miko says:

I think there is a lot of confusion around this topic in those involved with healing arts of some kind.

Copycats abound today as people struggle to make a name for themselves and empath or not, I think discernment and going within instead of looking for validation externally.

• 32
    Miko says:

I’ve seen others but I still have your books, took me 5 years to read one of them.

One day I would like to book a personal session with you. I’m very curious. Thanks for all you do.