Ascension Confusion. 7 New Age Misunderstandings

Ascension confusion

For many New Agers, the pinwheel of Ascension Confusion is starting to spin out of control

Ascension confusion was on abundant display at the Pathways Expo yesterday. Today’s article will bring my perspective, respectfully offered. As I bring to light seven serious Post-New-Age misunderstandings.

Basically, truth has evolved since during the New Age Years. (From 1980-12/21/12.) Now we’re in The Age of Awakening. Post-New Age, we need different understandings.

Significantly different understandings. Compared with what worked during those transitional years. Seems to me, it’s imperative that caring spiritual leaders adjust better to today’s new vibrational freedom.

One alternative  is what I offer in The New Strong. You may find other alternatives, equally good. Today I’ll share the best I know. Countering popular ideas about ascension and more.

Where I’m Coming From, this Post-New-Ager

For decades Pathways Magazine’s  Mind-Body-Spirit community has been my main social affiliation. For years I wrote a book review column in the magazine, aiming to promote my fellow indie publishers. More recently I’ve had the honor of publishing a column on Energetic Literacy.

Another honor is speaking at the Pathways Expo, as I did yesterday, along with other leaders of the vibrant Mind-Body-Spirit scene in metro D.C.

Yesterday the Conference Center was buzzing. So many beautiful spiritual seekers! Highly idealistic teachers! Generous energy healers! Dedicated psychics and channelers! Honest and inspired merchants of fascinating products and services!

Yet, with all respect to my peeps… I’ll open up this discussion of seven ideas I encountered there. Popular ideas that really trouble me.

Arrogance is not my intent. Nor is tearing down the life work of my colleagues. Neither do I wish to insult the caring people who thronged the Expo, seeking answers.

Maybe what I’m doing here is more like an intervention. Golly, a Post-New-Age, spiritual intervention!

Why Do I Think Differently, Post-New Age?

Literacy, folks! Moving into the Age of Awakening with decent energetic literacy skills: That’s what has brought me discernment. Building upon knowledge gained through the two following systems of knowledge. (Neither of which associated with any longer.)

1. The Transcendental Meditation (TM) program, where I served as an initiator, etc., for 15 years. Maharishi Mahesh Yogi couldn’t have done a better job of preparing me to found Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES). Admittedly, he prepared me indirectly. Still, I’m so grateful to him.
  2. And Teachings of the Inner Christ taught me to co-create with God. Named me as a lay minister. And graciously lending their support to one of my books for self-healing. Sourced by TIC knowledge but adapted considerably. (You’ll find my acknowledgement, given at length, in “Use Your Power of Command for Spiritual Cleansing and Protection.”

This field I wound up founding, RES, includes four specialties: Energy READING Skills, Energy HEALING Skills, Empath Empowerment®, and Enlightenment Coaching. Curious about any of them? Learn more at the main RES website.

My, How You’ve Changed!

Have you noticed, Blog-Buddies? How much the New Age scene has changed over the decades! Let me refresh your memory with links to these two posts:

Although humanity lives now in the Age of Awakening, most New Agers have not yet become Post-New-Agers. So they’re carrying forward beloved old concepts from New Age.

Except that the truth value has deteriorated. Influenced by ascension confusions like those described in this two-part series of articles

Ascension Confusion #1. Ascension Means Disassociation

Do you believe that earth will ascend? Vibrations will rise (supposedly). We’ll move away from human life and into a more angelic existance, all about energy.

Already I’ve published a blog post that seriously questions ascension ideas like these. Ascension confusion has been growing, of course, since “The end of the Mayan calendar.” Here’s the latest, overheard at yesterday’s Pathways Expo.

Note: In this article, I will give only the gist. Quotes like the one to follow are NOT exact words. Just doing the best I can!

“I’ve woken up to energy. Ever since my spiritual awakening, I do all I can to prepare for ascension.

“By now I feel detached from everything. Like I’m floating above my head. How will this change when the planet moves into ascension?”

This is no sign of ascension. Gladys is living in spiritual addiction. Detachment like this is NEVER a good sign.

Those of you who have read “The New Strong” may recall. I included seven stories near the end of the self-help book.

• One summarizes what happened to an avid New Ager. Her spiritual addiction spiralled out of control. Until she had a nervous breakdown.
  • Another story comes from a psychiatrist who also moved into spiritual addiction. However, he healed this before suffering a break with reality.
  • The link just supplied will take you to Amazon where you can “Search Inside the Book.” Start on Page 192 to read both these stories.

My Recommendations to Counter this Ascension Confusion

And here I’m talking about Gladys but you. Can you relate to that floaty, detached kind of feeling?

Q. Maybe that detachment is optional. Merely the result of doing what you’ve been told. In order to gain what you’ve been promised.

A. Instead of reading energies all day long, go back to caring about your life. Most noteworthy, you’re leading a human life.

Q. But what if you can’t stop?

A. Book a session of RES Energy Healing with a trained RES expert. Given our skills, we may be able to help. Otherwise, we’ll give you a referral.

Q. Most extreme, what if you know that you’re seriously detached?

A. Run — don’t walk — to a mental health expert. Preferably a psychiatrist. Because I’m not kidding about detachment from reality being a problem.

Given research I’ve done over the years, guess what? Spiritual addiction is a vicious cycle.

If these ascension confusions continue… we may find many people we love doing time in a psych ward.

Ascension Confusion #2. Finding My Purpose

Three different readings at my Expo booth yesterday. Sadly, one same story.

Basically, at my booth, I offered 10 different types of reading. Clients were offered a wide range of choices. Supplementing this, booth helpers were available to explain. Noteworthy in this context, none of these choices was “Tell me my purpose.”

Despite these resources, three sweet people told me this:

“This is the kind of reading I need. I must find my purpose. Tell me my true purpose.”

What happened? I did an aura reading and found exactly the same pattern in each of these three clients.

Ascension Confusion Causes People to Seek a Better-Than-Human Purpose for Living

Reading parts of each client’s aura, I found patterns like these:

Third Eye Chakra Databank for Reading Energies? Overfunctioning, by trillions of miles.

“Finding energies is all that matters.”

Root Chakra Databank for Connection to Physical Reality? Shut down.

“Human life, so boring! Stupid! Trivial! Let me outta here. When is Ascension going to rescue me?”

In short, aura-level indicators of spiritual addiction.

My Recommendation to Counter this Ascension Confusion

Conversation with each client confirmed it. He or she had been given some beautiful experience of spiritual awakening. Following that, confusion resulted from traditional New Age interpretations of those experiences.

Most significantly, these sweet people were encouraged to emphasize energy practices. Like asking spirit guides to tell them what to do.

Opposite to spiritual growth, this brings on… You guessed it. Spiritual addiction.

Ironically, these dedicated believers who requested guidance from me… What did they want? Encouragement to drop out of normal life. Such as abandoning lucrative employment, in favor of doing “sacred work around energies.”

For example, my client Joe was getting ready to dump his day job. Although his family business sure sounded cool to me. Definitely this job sounded both honorable and profitable.

I do hope Joe stops seeking a “higher purpose” that could bring him considerable drama. Like leaving him broke. I’ve seen it happen to other seekers of ascension. (For instance, some of you have read my passionate Dedication to “Magnetize Money with Energetic Literacy.”)

Blog-Buddies, if you’re seeking purpose, I’d recommend doing this. Learn the Program for Easy Vibrational Balance in “The New Strong.” This is a way to build on the spiritual awakening. As a side benefit… Soon you’ll stop obsessing over your sacred purpose.

Is it just a coincidence? After first-time offering a workshop with that Program for Easy Vibrational Balance, what happened. Within a few months, ha ha! Three of the participants moved into Enlightenment.

I’m sure looking forward to results from the annual New Strong Workshop this year, April 22-23. Will more of this be happening?

Well, Comment Away.

Blog-Buddies,  let’s stop here for today. Two misunderstandings discussed, five more to go. Awaiting your responses to my — gulp! Controversial ideas. So not mainstream today.

Yet, perhaps, appropriate for this Age of Awakening we’re living in. You know, the biggest news story of the last thousands years. Despite not being covered at all in today’s 24/7 news cycle.

Next blog post, I’ll share more confusions related to awakening. How hard does it have to be, upgrading from New Age to Post-New-Age? What has your experience been?

28 thoughts on “Ascension Confusion. 7 New Age Misunderstandings”

• 1
    David B says:

Hi Rose

I can’t imagine what it must be like for you at events like that. I well imagine those readings were not always well received. No magical answers. New thinking required.

It’s sad to see how much truth gets distorted into escapism. But I suppose it’s one way to learn.

• 2
    Rose Rosetree says:

DAVID B, what a sweet comment. Doing the Expo was mostly very pleasant, thanks to my superb volunteers BEV and GABRIELLA and ISABELLA (all in Enlightenment).

Plus CHARLES and VALERIE and HANNAH, who are all RES clients — and folks who have been growing as fast as the gorgeous spring tulips in my yard.

Note: All of them except BEV has done Name Alignment,which has contributed to their amazing progress. (Seems to me.)

• 3
    Rose Rosetree says:

What I never anticipated, DAVID, was seeing folks at this Expo as a kind of long-term, twice-a-year glimpse of what unfolds for people in spiritual addiction.

This time, what I noticed was sobering. Today’s blog post is just the gentle beginning of a pretty intense Part Two article, which I’m aiming to publish on Wednesday.

• 4
    Rose Rosetree says:

First-drafting that article also — sure wasn’t how I meant to spend my day.

Still haven’t unpacked the Expo boxes or responded to essays sent by students at the Online Workshops.

But I just couldn’t get it out of my head, what I noticed so starkly. You’ll see.

• 5
    David B says:

Yes, when I was at the Nonduality conference, there was a palpable sense of seeking in the air. Only it wasn’t a focused seeking for truth but rather an intense grasping for answers in a sea of conflicting information.

I ended up spending a bunch of the conference hanging out with a group of the awake outside. It was a lot more comfortable than with all the strong concepts.

• 6
    Evgenia says:

I also notice more and more people slipping away. And we are talking business environment here.

Common sense was never common but now it is exotic.

I do notice that couple of people and myself are pretty much holding the whole department down to the ground. Very hard to find reasonable people lately.

Looking forward to the article on Wednesday! Thank you Rose!

• 7
    Zofia says:

Hmm, my thinking is that everyone experienced some spaciness for a short period of time at least… You can track world events over the last 10 years. But its sad if we don’t learn.

• 8
    Zofia says:

I know from myself that even if you’re consciously trying not to space it was hard at first.

And then the more you space, the more weird stuff you can accumulate and it gets worse…

• 9
    Zofia says:

Not to worry, I’m hoping that new age dropouts will be your target market in future years. 🙂

• 10
    Zofia says:

Anyway, here’s a lyric that I found recently. Once you feel disconnected from human reality, its pretty hard to convince yourself the hard work is a good idea.

“”heroin” she said, “was the best i had…
    no more mountains left to climb.
    the world so slow… all my dreams just too high
    to be fulfilled in time…!”

//play.google.com/music/preview/Tgyydjqinqvf523w3ca7ldsb3ji?lyrics=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=lyrics&pcampaignid=kp-lyrics

• 11
    Sandra says:

In the Midwest I’ve seen plenty of both disassociation from human life and looking for one’s special purpose.

Just from anecdotal evidence (my discussions with the local spiritually addicted), they seem to be much more receptive to being less spacey and more humanly productive.

However, there is great resistance to abandoning their special (and unknown) purpose!

• 12
    Rose Rosetree says:

Thanks so much for all these comments so far on a topic that is so counter-mainstream-New-Age-culture.

EVGENIA, let me add a bit of oomph to your Comment #6. Because that spacey company you work for happens to be one of the very top businesses in America, one that all you Blog-Buddies certainly know by name. And this place is Spacey-Land?

• 13
    Rose Rosetree says:

I’m just remembering an incident that I hadn’t thought of for years. I was taking a home-based workshop for professional training.

My teacher, “Gladys,” had hundreds of handouts to choose from. They were numbered. And she would give us students a few of them every day.

• 14
    Rose Rosetree says:

On our last day of the course, she giggled a bit when passing out our handouts.

“These are Handouts #50, 22, and 187. It’s funny, really. Because I tried to print out three totally different handouts. But that’s how it is with the angels who run my apartment.

“They decide which handouts will come out of the printer.”

• 15
    Rose Rosetree says:

“I’m quite used to it,” she said sweetly, in the manner of a good Catholic girl who practices faith.

“Those angels run my air conditioner, all the electronic equipment in my home. Not only my computer.

“They always know best. You understand that, right?”

• 16
    Rose Rosetree says:

Now is The Age of Awakening, not the Age of Faith.

As you can read in “The New Strong,” disembodied spirits have become far more opportunistic than previously.

Only a naive person, living today, believes that astral entities, stuck spirits, and extra-terrestrial entities are all “beautiful angels who are here to bless me.”

• 17
    Rose Rosetree says:

Apart from maybe upgrading one’s spiritual beliefs about angels, we’re humanly obligated to use common sense.

If the printer doesn’t work right, investigate.

Or, if Gladys has fallen so deeply into spiritual addiction that she spaces out while choosing her workshop handouts, and types in the wrong commands to print — maybe she might not be so sure that “Everything happens for a reason” and so this is a good thing.

• 18
    Zofia says:

“If the printer doesn’t work right, investigate.” lol, Essentially my life.

Evgenia : totally. What we see on the “top level” in the news is likely to be a reflection of society in general.

• 19
    Liane says:

You just described me before my first healing session with you. Just reading it wears me out!

This post makes me realize how grateful I am to have found a much healthier HUMAN path.

• 20
    Gillian says:

Me too, Liane – am so glad to have found RES! What a lifesaver.

• 21
    Gillian says:

Rose, do you think that people in extreme spiritual addiction would come across as spacey, too?

A couple of previous sessions with Isabella Cates have revealed that at least two of my colleagues (including my boss!) are in extreme spiritual addiction.

• 22
    Gillian says:

They don’t seem ‘spacey’ to me, in the same way that spiritually addicted people might.

There is just something a bit ‘off’ about them.

• 23
    Gillian says:

It is very creepy to know that they are not really governing themselves. But they both seem just as effective at doing their jobs.

I guess extreme spiritual addiction is a whole different ball game…

• 24
    Rose Rosetree says:

GILLIAN, you’re quite right. Extreme spiritual addiction is very different from spiritual addiction.

Witness the two articles that I’ve just linked to in the last paragraph.

• 25
    Rose Rosetree says:

People new to extreme spiritual addiction are a bit clunky for the first year or so. Like having the puppeteers get used to moving around their human marionette.

After a while, the people seem normal. Defining characteristics depend on the group of entities running that individual. For instance, Nicole Kidman just seems empty.

But, seems to me, Donald Trump is run by a group that has the ability to induce a light hypnotic trance. (All the more reason to avoid listening to him speak or watching video clips with him.)

• 26
    Gillian says:

Do you think that all the astral groups have bad intentions (towards humans)?

After those sessions with Isabella, I found myself wondering if my workplace was going to slowly fall to pieces because of the state of consciousness of the big boss… but there have been no big dramas so far, thankfully :-).

• 27
    Rose Rosetree says:

GILLIAN, this is the sort of question to which my response is, “How would I know? I’m neither a theorist nor a psychic.”

All I care about is helping you and me and other humans to live human lives. From co-creating with the Divine, I’m convinced that this world belongs to us. So who cares what anyone wants, if that person is neither Divine nor human.

• 28
    Rose Rosetree says:

Humans have sovereignty over all other animals on earth.

Over all other animals.

Over all spirits of every possible kind.

This is our world. It belongs to us, humans. Period.