Ascension Misunderstanding, Part 2. Bring on Post-New-Age Clarity!

Ascension misunderstanding
Ascension Misunderstanding is spiralling out of control for many beautiful New Agers. But we can stop this.

Ascension Misunderstanding is a serious problem in New Age today.

Described here? Two of the biggest misunderstandings. Decide for yourself what makes better sense.

Ascension Misunderstanding flares up… in gatherings of New Age-style mind-body-spirit.  Earlier, I started exploring seven biggies. Today’s Part Two article will cover two more Ascension Misunderstandings. Let’s gain more clarity.

A Controlled Experiment in Clarity

What inspired this series of posts? Hosting a booth at the recent Pathways Mind-Body-Spirit Expo in Maryland.

Consider it a kind of experiment. Every six months, gather together the region’s most dedicated New Agers.

Then notice patterns to how group members change over time. Because semi-annual visits can work like time-lapse photography. Or a controlled experiment.

Watch what’s unfolding. You’ll witness the consequences of New Age on the sweet people who preach it, practice it.

Mever before had I thought of Pathways Expos in that way. But what I saw troubled me so much, I started thinking long and hard. Consequently, I wrote the last post. Basically, sharing results observed from this interesting experiment.

Which leads me to propose a kind of intervention for those in spiritual addiction. You could call it a “Spiritual Intervention.”

The Intent Behind This Spiritual Intervention

Please, continue reading only after reading this about my intent:

Unfortunately I can’t be “all positive, sweetness and light.” But it gives me no pleasure to point out these problems.

Where are I coming from? Doing a sort of spiritual intervention… to help people I care about. Perhaps, you’ll be interested in sharing this article with folks you’ve been concerned about, but you didn’t quite know where to point them for help.

However, these New Agers are smart, self-actualizing people. Will they like the resources of Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES)? Or will they prefer other alternatives? All that matters is this.

1. To find resources that support what remains good and true about New Age.
  2. Establishing what can work Post-New-Age.
  3. Also letting go of obsolete or confusing ideas. (Like ones highlighted in this little series of posts.)

Incidentally, what about the quotes supplied here? Expect what I did in Part One. I’ll supply only the gist. Exact words are just not available.

Ascension Misunderstanding #3. Help from Space Beings

Longing for ascension, many a New Ager awaits extra-terrestrial help. Therefore, channeling is popular. Alternatively a teacher may facilitate “attunements.”

Q. Hold on, whose energies? What, exactly, are you downloading directly into your aura?

A. Smile. “Something beautiful. Something from higher beings. Trust it.”

Unfortunately, explanation about sources may be vague or misleading. Maybe lacking entirely. Hence ideas like this popular sentiment about ascension, straight from the Expo:

“When will the Higher Beings truly be in charge? Isn’t that necessary for Earth to move into Ascension?”

Granted, spirits of any kind might be called “higher beings.” Contrasting with us “human beings.” Yet disembodied spirits, including E.T.s and spirit guides, are not necessarily more evolved than you or me. Certainly, they’re not human. So why seek their guidance for living your (human) life?

Spirits Already Influence Earth Plenty. Ascension Misunderstanding Alert!

Expect this to Worsen Until More People Adjust Well to the Age of Awakening.

Just three words sum up the worst case scenario: Extreme spiritual addiction. (And yes, I’d encourage you to read the article just linked to. This topic may seem distasteful. Sure does to me! Yet this info is too important to miss. For instance, note Blog-Buddy GILLIAN’s Comments 21-23 at Ascension Confusion. 7 New Age Misunderstandings.)

In short, extreme spiritual addiction means being run by a group of astral entities and ETs. As an expert at energetic literacy, I’ve found many examples of this pattern. Especially among famous and powerful people. Here are some sample YouTubes with aura readings of folks you may have heard of:

• President Donald Trump
  • Vice-President Mike Pence
  • Other important political leaders in extreme spiritual addiction? Paul Manafort, Steve Bannon, Sean Spicer, Melania Trump, Kellyanne Conway, Paul Ryan.
  • Media-related folks in extreme spiritual addiction include Steven Colbert, Jimmy Fallon, Megyn Kelly.
  • And, sigh, what have I found with just about every Hay House author whose aura I’ve read in the last couple of years? You guessed it. Extreme spiritual addiction in Louise Hay, Doreen Virtue, Dr. Deepak Chopra, Dr. Christiane Northrup, Dr. Judith Orloff, Dr. Eric Pearl. Very distressing!

But Politicians Aren’t New Agers

Agreed. Clearly, they’re not New Agers.

Rather, they have surrendered in their own ways to “higher beings” who appealed to their need for fame or power. No matter what has been promised, it’s never wise to open up your head and let some other being pour in… whatever.

Regarding the aforementioned politicians and pundits, it’s very concerning. Have you been following the news, Blog-Buddies? How do you like what these shells of human beings are doing?

My Recommendation to Counter this Ascension Misunderstanding

Did You Know this Basic Fact of Vibrational Life?

Earth is our world. We humans have sovereignty over all life forms. Whether animals or spirits or ETs.

When we humans get it together, we can transform this world. But we won’t make our country stronger by checking out. Nor will we make any neighborhood safer by yearning for Ascension. (Or, for that matter, The Rapture.)

How about this? If you’re spiritual, demonstrate it by what you say and do. Step up through effective engagement. And please, please, don’t long for astral beings to make this a better world.

Especially don’t seek to be taken over by “angels” or “spirits” or “your guides” or “beings from more evolved worlds.”

Avoid initiations and attunements. Often mislabled, these can cause astral beings to influence your aura. You, the glorious creation designed as a HUMAN being.

Have You Seen References to Entities Taking Over Earth?

Of course, this doesn’t have to happen in reality.

Nonetheless, some creative artists may have noticed this emerging possibility. They’re plugged into collective consciousness, after all.

So maybe it’s no coincidence, what has been happening. In fiction and movies, there have been many story lines lately about space beings, etc., trying to take over earth.

One was a movie, “Tomorrowland.” (Actually I flagged that as Inspiration Source #4 in a previous blog post. Happily, in that movie the humans won.)

Please comment below with pop culture references you have seen, Blog-Buddies. Let’s make a list.

Ascension Misunderstanding #4. Empaths Help Bring Ascension

“I know all about being an empath. Being an empath means that I get drained by people. But I can work on this by asking myself whose STUFF I am feeling, anyway. Does it belong to me or somebody else?

“We empaths are so sensitive. Through our suffering, we are bringing Ascension.”

Sigh!

My Recommendation to Counter this Ascension Misunderstanding

There’s an easy way to stop suffering as an empath. Learn the system of Empath Empowerment®.

Start here, which could be plenty. If you want more, make use of other RES resources:

Hey, what if you’re interested in other people’s ideas about being an empath? Rose Rosetree is hardly the only empath expert in town!

Might I suggest? Ask yourself this: “Does what’s offered really empower me or not?”

If it really helps you, great! Otherwise, don’t blame yourself. Since much of what’s offered by empath experts, in my opinion, amounts to busywork.

Cleaning your “field” or working on psychological boundaries. Or asking yourself, “Whose STUFF is that anyway?” This cannot help. And it won’t help just because you work at it harder and harder.

Please don’t settle for the other big trend in mainstream empath advice these days: Validation for suffering because, supposedly, empaths have chronic problems, almost a disability. Or teachers who advise you to beware of other people, avoiding “emotional vampires,” etc.

(Hint: With Stage Three Energetic Literacy or more, you can tell there are no emotional vampires, psychic vampires, or energy vampires. Just people with great intentions, maybe. But not-so-great skills.)

Preposterous!

And Speaking of Misunderstandings Related to Being an Empath

I sure heard an earful at the Pathways Expo.

What’s weirdest, to me? Much of the mainstream conversation today uses these terms: Empowered Empath and Empath Empowerment.

Well, the former is protected by copyright, related to Rose Rosetree’s books “The Empowered Empath: Quick & Easy” and “The Empowered Empath: Owning, Embracing and Managing Your Special Gifts.”

As for “Empath Empowerment,’ this is not just some popular meme. It’s the name of Rose Rosetree’s trademarked system, the only one in America to help empaths. (Empath Empowerment®.) What kind of “authority” rips off the work of somebody else?

So use your consumer smarts. About empath or ascension or opening up to “higher energies” because, supposedly, they can fix all of humanity’s problems.

In Conclusion (For Part 2 of this Series, Anyway)

Only one kind of being can make this world good. Human beings. People like you!

So make your life good. Do what you can to help others in practical, honorable ways.

And live with your feet on the ground. It’s spring. Spring in the Northern Hemisphere, at least. Check out the gorgeous perennials that are coming up from earth soil right now.

Do we really need to swap that out for some hypothetical utopia called “Ascension”?

Ascension Misunderstanding
Earth School. It’s good enough for me. How about you?

27 thoughts on “Ascension Misunderstanding, Part 2. Bring on Post-New-Age Clarity!”

• 1
    An Avid Reader says:

I, for one, am super grateful to have found a spiritual place of refuge here at the blog and as a client of Rose’s work.

Am grateful that Her ideas made sense to me! This may seem like a strange thing to be grateful for, but I am.

• 2
    An Avid Reader says:

I have friends who are suffering, and while I have talked to them about Rose’s work and sent them her books, a few still cling to the old ideas they are most comfortable with….

So that is why I am so grateful.

• 3
    Lindsey says:

Me too Avid Reader…also very grateful for all this fantastic info from Rose’s blog, books and personal sessions.

Thank you too for posting this response. Nice to know there are a bunch of us this resonates with. 🙂

• 4
    Zofia says:

Thanks for sharing Avid. 🙂 Evengia’s comments in the prequel post were also useful.

It seems that we can help by either helping people keep their heads or talking directly about RES.

• 5
    Zofia says:

The first opion works in a professional capacity, or, if you’re like me, you don’t have anyone in your life who even thinks in terms of “spirituality”. (Unless I count their devotion to misunderstood science jargon!! :-p)

• 6
    Zofia says:

The second option is good when that’s possible.

I just want to feel as though I’ve helped with the shift in some way… Even if it’s just by adding some focus somewhere, or guiding something in a good direction.

• 7
    Zofia says:

My general sense is that the best thing we can do is to use our human level talents, and not worry if that’s “spiritual” enough!

I had a bit of a “I’m not being spiritual enough crisis” at around 2011.

• 8
    Zofia says:

Helped by my “more spiritual” friends-at-the-time viewing me as too mathsey to be “spiritual”.

But I fairly quickly decided that earning a full-time salary and not relying on working tax credit to fund a part-time healing business would be more responsible.

• 9
    Zofia says:

(Not to say benefits are bad (am very much for a welfare state), but there’s no need to needlessly impoverish yourself…)

• 10
    Rose Rosetree says:

Thanks for these insights, mathsey you!

The sort of choice you describe here is exactly what many folks struggle with after a spiritual awakening.

Especially if the “help” they receive comes from somebody who doesn’t understand the imporance of integrating these experience. And, instead, encourages these sweet spiritual seekers to move farther and farther away from objective reality.

• 11
    Rose Rosetree says:

ZOFIA, I’ve stopped counting how many people have asked me to encourage them… when throwing away their careers because they’re so in love with energy.

Bless their sweet hearts, they really believe that big money is to be made by hanging out a shingle as a Reiki master or spiritual healer.

Economically naive, for starters! Even sadder, there’s a common confusion: “If you really care and you really feel the energy (supposedly), you will be doing good work.” Not much skill needed. (Supposedly.)

Haven’t some of you Blog-Buddies encountered this, too?

• 12
    Zofia says:

Yes, a lot of emphasis on feeling energy, and noticing all kinds of things about it, and other people feeling the energy you give off (like warm hands and so on.)

• 13
    Rose Rosetree says:

ZOFIA, you’re so right. Energy sensitivity is standard for Age of Awakening.

Energy sensitivity gains allure through The Romance of the Astral. The very nature of experiencing astral vibrational frequencies.

Energy sensitivity becomes confusing when the mainstream ways of recognizing energy sensitivity are New Age, not Post-New-Age.

• 14
    Rose Rosetree says:

Thanks to all you Blog-Buddies who have brought our number of blog comments up to 38,000.

Not too shabby, for a personal blog.

• 15
    Zofia says:

What experiences have other blog buddies had? I’m curious. 🙂

IRL I’m *fairly* (a-hem) impatient, so my new age phase didn’t last long. My intuition told me to investigate it though, despite my internal resistance, and that makes sense now that I found Rose.

• 16
    Isabella C. says:

About pop culture references, I’ve seen so many.

There was one Onion article that had a photoshopped image of Donald Trump as if he had a bunch of beings trying to burst out of his skin. There’s so many articles about Donald Trump that I haven’t been able to find it.

• 17
    Isabella C. says:

Here’s a funny website from during the campaign, “Ted Cruz For Human President.” Cracks me up.

One of the testimonials for Ted Cruz at the bottom: “Ted Cruz is only one being and not several.”

• 18
    Rose Rosetree says:

Thanks, ISABELLA C.

I’d been meaning to add to this list — surely, many of you Blog-Buddies have ideas to, only you haven’t gotten around to sharing yet.

Last night I started watching the fascinating movie “Arrival.” Another one, alien-themed.

• 19
    AJ says:

OMG, ISABELLA C. That is so funny!!!

• 20
    Emily says:

On the London March, the same day of the women’s march in DC, I saw one of the protesters had made a special effort to paint a portrait for their placard.

The portrait was of a skeleton in a business suit with a flap of skin and a blond toupee handing off its skull.

• 21
    David B says:

I recall when I first heard about ascension. I tried to figure out what they actually meant, already having a background in the eastern understanding of higher stages of development.

However, a lot of it was quite vague and didn’t really make a lot of sense. It seems to have gotten worse, with people chasing flashy experiences that have no value – spiritual or practical.

• 22
    David B says:

And now, there is the new hazard of astral entanglement.

• 23
    David B says:

It may be frustrating that the terminology has caught on but the understanding got left behind, Rose.

But it means the terms resonated. It’s a good sign. Soon people will discover the understanding is lacking and look deeper. And then they’ll find you. 🙂

• 24
    AJ says:

DAVID B, you would have LOVED The New Strong workshop last year. We went over this very topic of what we thought would happen before and after THE SHIFT.

• 25
    AJ says:

One of my favorite parts of that workshop were when RES Practitioners read the auras from photographs of people living in the Age of Faith. It was fascinating how different they were back then!

• 26
    AJ says:

If anybody has the opportunity to attend The New Strong workshop (which is coming up in two weekends), I highly recommend it! It’s life changing!

• 27
    Rose Rosetree says:

EMILY, DAVID B, AJ — thanks so much for your comments.

Funny side note about taking The New Strong Workshop, I just made live a YouTube taken during my last workshop. So if you’re curious about what it’s like to hang out with me, learning things super-deep at a workshop, take a look.