New Age Leftover Collection. Part 3. A Wake-Up Call.

New Age Leftover Collection
New Age Leftover Collection. Let’s carry forward the promise of Post-New-Age.

New Age Leftover Collection — you may read today’s post with a grim fascination. Because it’s a cautionary set of observations. Yet this is also a hopeful post for all of us who wish to carry forward the promise of New Age.

All of this has been prompted, as you may know, from a certain unofficial experiment in time-lapse encounters. Via the Pathways Mind-Body-Spirit Expo. Lovingly presented every six months, supporting a group of dedicated, long-term, New Agers. Arguably the region’s best.

Might you or your loved ones still live New Age? But our entire planet has shifted into The Age of Awakening. Although New Agers win loyalty points, and perseverance plaudits, hello! Now’s the time to learn some new tricks.

Please tell these so-spiritual people, “Sure you can learn how to live Post-New Age. And thrive in the process.”

New Age Leftover Collection: Calling a Spade “A Spade”

Secure in your choice to live Post-New-Age, you can (relatively comfortably) read today’s article, and also Parts 1 and 2 of this strange series of articles:

Frankly, I’ve saved the worst for last, our Part 3. First of all, I’ll share the biggest stunner, New Age Leftover #5.

Oy veh, the longest. The worstest.

Altogether, in today’s article you’ll find New Age Leftovers #5, 6, and 7.

New Age Leftover Collection #5. Humanly Letting Go

As Spiritual Addiction Progresses

How it saddened me! Fellow booth-exhibitors at the Pathways Expo are my tribe. My fellow idealists! Some of them I have known for decades, and I love them. Partly because we share a similar life work. Accordingly I know the price that we have paid for being of service. Also, as individuals, we’ve gotten to know each other over the years.

How often do we see each other? Usually just twice a year. Specifically, once at each of the semi-annual Pathways Expos.

Therefore, I was looking forward to some quality meet-and-greet at the Expo. Instead, much that I found related to “Humanly letting go.”

Incidentally, the problems I’ve flagged in this trio of posts don’t seem to apply to the staff of Pathways Magazine. Maybe because they don’t do full time New Age work. Heck, they’ve got a magazine and some expos to run. Thank God, all of the ones I saw in Hyattsville last weekend seem to be doing great!

But not so for many of the Pathways Expo speakers and Expo attendees. Seems like…

1. Sadly, Many New Age Leaders Have Grown Significantly Fatter.

Here I don’t just mean the worldwide tendency to gain weight. In The Age of Awakening, this has happened worldwide. Even in Third World nations! (Shockingly, malnourishment often combines with obesity.)

Perhaps that’s one side effect of poor adjustment to The Age of Awakening. Of course, many factors are involved in all those pounds of pain. But poor adjustment to vibrational freedom just might be the biggest cause. (Hey, that’s another conversation for the blog, some day.)

Back at the Expo, I’m talking substantial beer bellies among my fellow vendors. Probably, though, not from beer. More like ballast to keep folks with spiritual addiction… from floating away. Call them “spirit retention bellies“?

2. Furthermore, Aging Has Dramatically Accelerated for Many New Age Leaders

Noteworthy why? Obviously, many of us are seniors. As one of those aging Baby Boomers, I’m used to seeing aging.

Decidedly, we’re older than you millennials and many other Blog-Buddies who aren’t yet in the “older version of your prime.” Noteworthy to us seniors are all signs of aging. Trust me if you’re not there yet. After you pass 60 candles on the cake, you’ll see the signs.

Disturbingly, then, what I saw among many of my fellow exhibitors wasn’t just aging. Seemed to me, many showed accelerated aging, as though folks were shrinking in their bodies. Fading like flowers.

Why, why, why did I notice this strange kind of physical change?

Look, I researched it. When you have developed Stage 15 energetic literacy you can research this way, too:  Pulling out a couple of energetic holograms on some New Agers whom I’ve known for 30 years. Based on that limited sample, here’s my (horrible) theory.

Could Prolonged Spiritual Addiction Be Taking its Toll?

According to common knowledge, physical changes happen through addiction. Maybe you’ve seen it with alcoholics, cocaine addicts, and others with a serious substance abuse problem.

Cumulative problems related to addiction? Yes, because addiction progresses in a vicious cycle. Evidently spiritual addiction cycles in that way, too.

Did you know? As an addiction progresses, people stop taking care of their human selves. According to a rehab website:

As use escalates, here are some more signals:

Grooming suffers. Personal grooming is a matter of taste, and someone who favors ratty, casual clothes may not show a discernable change as rapidly as a professional business person. Nonetheless, there’s a slide in wearing clean clothes, bathing, shaving for males, make-up for women who typically wear make-up, etc.

3. This Might Be the Very Worst Part

Sadly, among some long-term New Agers, grooming has begun to suffer quite a bit. And, oh this is painful to admit in public….

If you walked into the main Hall o’ Psychics at the Expo, sigh! Although this wasn’t true of the vendors, what about Expo regulars? Quite a few of them… just plain smelled bad. Frankly, some folks at that Expo even looked as though they might be homeless.

Again, readers, I’m so very sorry to be mentioning this. Calling it out does not bring me the slightest particle of joy. Opposite, really.

My Recommendation to Counter this New Age Leftover

Of course, it’s possible to move past spiritual addiction. As the Founder of Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES) I offer solutions — through personal sessions and a self-care book, “The New Strong.”

Also this Top 10 Post gives a great starter set of free resources. Aimed at helping folks to get past this terrible problem.

Surely there are plenty of other approaches that work too.

Meanwhile I’m just doin’ a spiritual intervention here. May it help some readers! Some friends of yours Blog-Buddies!

Now on a less grim note, I’ve still got two left in this New Age Leftover Collection. Here goes.

New Age Leftover Collection #6. How to Gain Enlightenment

Naturally many sweet, spiritual people care about Enlightenment. That’s good.

Only, yowza! Here’s just one sample of workshop instructions from one of my fellow speakers at the Pathways Expo:

“Gaining Enlightenment is very simple. Whenever you get light, give it away. Don’t hold spiritual light within yourself. That’s selfish.

“Give your light away, every bit. And when you’ve fully emptied out, you’ll reach Enlightenment.”

Does this make sense to you Blog-Buddies? Does it make any sense at all?

Objections, for starters:

• Being energy sensitive doesn’t qualify a person an Enlightenment Coach.
  • Chatting up angels doesn’t mean Enlightenment either. Does it?
  • What do you Blog-Buddies think?

My Recommendation to Counter this New Age Leftover

Choose your Enlightenment Coach with care. Here are some great referrals among Enlightenment Coaches who favor Traditional Enlightenment:

1. David Buckland
  2. Lucia & Lorne
  3. Kristin Kirk

By contrast, the majority of folks I’ve helped reach Enlightenment as an Enlightenment Coach have moved into a different version of Enlightenment, what I call “Age of Awakening Enlightenment.”

Most noteworthy, perhaps, for consumerism is a free service I offer. Any public figure who’s handing out advice about Enlightenment… let’s verify, shall we? Does that person have the standing to offer advice about Enlightenment?

Here’s a YouTube about a free service that I provide via my Enlightenment Life List. For heaven’s sake, check it out. Then nominate away!

Note: Saying “No” about Enlightenment doesn’t give me pleasure any more than flagging these New Age Leftovers. Just the opposite. But in the “Call a Spade a Spade Department,” isn’t this an important service to offer Post-New-Age?

Besides, in 2017, how many people have developed at least Stage Three Energetic Literacy?

New Age Leftover Collection #7. Go with the Celestial Flow

“Please Sir, can I have some more?”

That’s not just a line from a great novel. It’s me, Rose, imploring some of my fellow spiritual teachers and energy healers: “Can I have some more rigor?”

Please, please, please Sir, please Ma’am. For example:

• Why do you think Ascension is coming?
  • What research have you done?
  • How can you be so certain that those celestial helpers you channel have any human’s best interests at heart?

In Conclusion, Sweet Words Don’t Guarantee Sweet Consequences

Reminds me of something that, just today, I Soul Thrill-researched for a client.

What was the impact on Joe’s chakra databanks of this nice-sounding idea?

“Turn your kindness in on yourself.”

Well, it made Joe spaced-out, less effective. And also divided his mind. Kind of like the mess described in this article: Living from Your Heart Chakra

My Recommendation to Counter this New Age Leftover

Demand rigor. Does this healer or Enlightenment Coach teach you systematically? Is there any system at all?

Alternatively, does that well-meaning expert offer you a hodgepodge of “traditional” New Age ideas?

God gave you a good brain. Don’t abandon that, Blog-Buddies. And certainly not in your yearning for “Ascension” or other ideals for a better life. Because you deserve better.

So do my peers in New Age deserve such good results from your hard work, and probably more than you’ve been getting lately. If you’re reading this article, I’m inviting you personally. Step up to Post-New-Age.

Together, we’ll create wonders. They’ll just be different wonders, that’s all.

You brilliant, caring, courageous people. Become leaders for this new age which is here, really, here, The Age of Awakening. Let your leadership keep this moving forward. We were born for this leadership, my friends, and we can be just getting started!

29 thoughts on “New Age Leftover Collection. Part 3. A Wake-Up Call.”

• 1
    AJ says:

I haven’t mentioned this to you before Rose, but since I started doing sessions and workshops regularly with you, I have began to look significantly younger and I’m noticeably more muscular and lean.

Even though I’m almost 32, people mistake me for 21 all the time now.

• 2
    AJ says:

Compare that to 5 years ago, when I was in Spiritual Addiction—I was overweight, had terrible skin, wasn’t taking are of myself, dressed terribly, hated the gym, and looked older than I do now.

• 3
    AJ says:

Sweet Words Don’t Guarantee Sweet Consequences — that reminds me of a quote from HBO’s West World (borrowed from Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet: “These violent delights have violent ends”

You always pay a price for the path you choose.

• 4
    Rose Rosetree says:

Thank you so much for sharing this, AJ.

Those of us who have been in spiritual addiction (self included), really can come back. Powerfully!

• 5
    Rosanna Tufts says:

Had a similar epiphany a couple years ago, when I went to a Yule party of New Agers, and thought, “Gods, how terrible we all look!”

I was doing better than most of them, my age didn’t show as badly.

• 6
    Rosanna Tufts says:

I’ve never been diagnosed with diabetes, but I know I’ve come close.

I’ve had to adjust my diet to make for absolute damn sure I never cross that line. T

• 7
    Rosanna Tufts says:

hat means, eating lots of hearty, robust meats to fuel my adrenals, to avoid getting exhausted to the point where I feel I have to gorge on starches and sugars to boost myself up again.

I know, I know, “but eating meat is so unspiritual!” Not to mention leading to heart disease.

• 8
    Rosanna Tufts says:

I’m not going to apologize for that, because for me, diabetes is a more clear and present danger than heart disease or cancer.

I figure, keep diabetes away, and everything else will be much easier to prevent, too.

• 9
    Rose Rosetree says:

Thanks, ROSANNA TUFTS. You’re reminding me to link your series of comments to one of the most popular posts at this blog. One of the positions that some New Agers might consider is the idea of a Virtue
    Diet leading to Enlightenment.

And if you, or other Blog-Buddies, haven’t seen it yet, you might want to check out “Aura Reading Vegans. Could the Virtue Diet Bring Unintended Consequences?”

• 10
    Zofia says:

That’s interesting Rosanna.

To be honest, the largest group of New Agers I’ve seen was on YouTube. It’s interesting that the popular new agers on YouTube were/are the sexy young things,and how everyone’s obsessed with looking good.

• 11
    Zofia says:

The reason for that may be that the real life new agers are more dowdy looking, like me. :-p

And they need sexy looking role models to project on!

• 12
    AJ says:

One trend that I’m beginning to see gaining in popularity is the concept of “mindfulness”.

Celebrities, psychologists, and coaches seem to be sharing these concepts like they’re new, even though they’re also leftover from New Age.

• 13
    AJ says:

I think people are struggling with these new vibrational frequencies and are discovering if they position their consciousness on their thoughts and emotions, they’ll get some kind of temporary reprieve.

But I wonder how many of them realize that many of these exercises (designed to help someone become more self-actualized) are actually a formula for Spiritual Addiction?

• 14
    AJ says:

The exercises I’ve been seeing slightly remind me of techniques we use in RES, like using emotional and physical self-awareness—but in RES, we do them for a few moments, not for 10 minutes at a time throughout the day.

• 15
    Lindsey says:

Yay AJ, you do look 20s! But wisdom gives you away! 😀

I am rejuvenated by The New Strong living and sessions and the beautiful Empath Empowerment workshop with you Rose!

Yaaaay, so grateful to be moving on from spiritual addiction and unskilled empath merges. I’m here! 🙂 Thank you ROSE!!!

• 16
    Zofia says:

By glamorous new agers, I meant the gorgeous raw vegans on instagram and social media.

Though,as Rose as mentioned, it takes a while for a healthy body to feel the affects of not eating properly.

• 17
    AJ says:

Thank you so much Lindsey 🙂 You’re too kind!

• 18
    Leo says:

You have the patience of a saint, Rose. And courage too, to say what needs to be said, even though it’s not particularly fun to point out the increasingly obvious dysfunction in much of the “New Age” community.

• 19
    Rose Rosetree says:

How sweet, LEO. Thanks to all who have been commenting here.

• 20
    Matthew says:

I have had a similar experience to AJ. Since committing to doing the New Strong Techniques daily, since the start of the year, I have lost weight and my body composition seems to have changed for the better too.

• 21
    Viv says:

I’ve been meaning to comment here – as someone who is a coach, I agree with AJ’s comments 12-14 regarding mindfulness.

It is very popular in the coaching world.

• 22
    Viv says:

I do find that gaining RES knowledge over the years has helped to refine my coaching so my clients get practical results, not just feel better from talking to me. 🙂

And I also don’t encourage something that could lead someone towards more of an imbalance.

• 23
    Viv says:

I went to a training a while ago and while I enjoyed the training and found it mostly fun, I have not used the skill I was taught in sessions with clients.

There was an emphasis on what in RES would be considered “technique time” and exploring emotions, using visualizations, etc.

• 24
    Viv says:

Coaching is quite wonderful if you find the right coach..I’ve had some great ones that I learned a great deal from.

One other thing I notice – in coaching, there is also the concept of “asking permission” to coach around a topic – which honors the client’s self-authority.

• 25
    Viv says:

I’ve noticed sometimes though people haven’t fully accepted their own self authority and won’t speak up because they view the coach as the “expert.”

It’s not “whatever the “expert” thinks is best.

RES has helped me be really clear about that.

• 26
    Viv says:

Not that I had RES sessions around “improve my coaching.”

I think it’s a side benefit of having sessions, that professionally there can be more effectiveness.

• 27
    Rose Rosetree says:

Wonderful, VIV. Thanks so much.

And thanks, also, MATTHEW.

• 28
    Rose Rosetree says:

Sad. Symbolic. Significant!

Because the New Age Years are done. And now it’s time to learn skills for The Age of Awakening.

Where has the Mecca been for New Age in America? Surely it has been Big Sur, home to Esalen. You’ve heard of beautiful Esalen, right?

• 29
    Rose Rosetree says:

Well, Big Sur is now cut off from mainstream traffic.

Literally! And I’d add, also figuratively.

To any of you readers, and your friends, who invested so much in New Age… might I suggest? You’ll keep every good thing. But now it’s time to move on. Now it is time celebrate your humanity. And live The New Strong.