New Manners. Newsletter Preview.

New Manners
New Manners? Have you been enjoying more friendly waves lately?

New Manners? Look, Blog-Buddies, knowing you, already you’ve got fine manners. But something more might bring you extra success in this Age of Awakening.

Bonjour Monsieur. Bonjour Madame.

Hello, Everyone.

Don’t you wish that everyone greeted you so politely? Even strangers! Actually, people still do this in France today. Yet for most of us, what’s the closest we’ll get to that much public cordiality? Listening to the start of “Beauty and the Beast.”

Start about 4 min. into this YouTube clip. Folks in that village had great manners. Cute little Belle, not so much.

But that’s how it goes. Everyone does the best they can. And, especially if you’re not living in a Disney cartoon, set in a simpler time long ago, life can be really, really complicated. Not everybody will give you a perky “Bonjour.”

New Manners. Old Manners. Any Manners At All!

What on earth has happened to manners today? Public manners! Meaning, how strangers talk to you (or won’t)…. Also manners with neighbors, fellow riders on your bus, and people at work!

Seems to me, much of the problem results from poor adaptation to The Age of Awakening.

Even though the Shift happened near the end of 2012, and here we are midway through 2017, guess what? It’s still a mess. Maybe worse than ever. Oh, the political horrors, the financial woes, and more — look, you don’t need me to tell you about all that, do you?

Instead, let’s consider…

New Manners to Help You Now

Manners that might also, indirectly, uplift society. Making each new day of yours just a bit sweeter. That possibility inspires me to call you “Affable Reader” in my upcoming issue of Reading Life Deeper.

Affable, as in charming and easy-to-get-along with, like Fred Astaire (even if you can’t dance). Affable, in contrast to laughable — which is how today’s social scene may seem to us all… 50 years hence.

For the July issue of my newsletter, the lead  article may help you to bring about that glorious future: A golden sense of destiny that you may hold in your heart. (As I hold it in mine.)

Imagine a magnificent age, coming into clarity within your lifetime; an era when millions of people live in Enlightenment, Age of Awakening-style.

And when, using our full potential in life, we solve many of the problems that seemed hopeless while… Well, back in 2017. While the vast majority of humans were adjusting really, really badly to the new rules of this new age.

So Be Encouraged, Affable Reader

And if you didn’t yet sign up for my newsletter, here’s what to do.

• Go to the official website for Rose Rosetree and RES.
  • You’ll see the signup part right there. Literally. On the right side of the screen.
  • Subscribing, know that we will never rent or sell your personal information.
  • Unsubscribing, whenever you wish, is easily done at the very same part of my website.

Below you’ll be able to comment on that newsletter.

And even before it comes out — within a week — how about commenting on what YOU have been noticing lately about people’s manners!

Stories, anyone? Stories about excellent manners. Or not.

Telling those anecdotes, and your ideas, please: Let us know which part of the world you’re commenting from, if you would.

20 thoughts on “New Manners. Newsletter Preview.”

• 1

I am so looking forward to this, Rose.

• 2
    Liane says:

My part of the world is in the Mountain State area.

I live in the country, in a place where neighbors still help neighbors. People pop in for coffee or a chat or both.

• 3
    Liane says:

We call from the landline to check on our elderly bachelor neighbors if we haven’t seen them for a while, and visa-versa.

Cell service is nearly nil, thankfully. Manners still exist.

• 4
    Liane says:

It’s a different story when we are out and about in the big city.

People seem to be so wrapped up in their own world, there’s little concern for anyone else.

Even something as seemingly insignificant as looking someone in the eye.

• 5
    Liane says:

The people most willing to do that are the store checkout people, they are probably trained to do so.

Common courtesy is as old fashioned as life without being socially connected every minute of every day… with a screen. Not live and in person.

• 6
    Liane says:

I miss the good ‘ol days.

Really looking forward to your newsletter, Rose, and you insight in modern manners (or the lack thereof).

• 7
    Emily Turner says:

Looking forward to this too!

• 8
    Gillian says:

This is very heartening to read, Rose! Thanks.

• 9
    Ruby says:

I am in the American deep south, and it’s still possible to get smiles from strangers here. I collected about half a dozen during my grocery shopping this morning.

But there is definitely a sense of hurry and impatience, more than before, that makes people act less than pleasant.

• 10
    Ruby says:

It’s nice to get reminders that everyday human kindness does matter.

• 11
    Rose Rosetree says:

And now that July Issue of “Reading Life Deeper” has been sent to all you subscribers.

Enjoy, Blog-Buddies!

• 12
    Sylvia says:

Wonderful newsletter, Rose.

I really appreciated the 15-minute suggested limit to political conversations, including intake of the news. I really need that these days!

• 13
    Sylvia says:

I also really appreciated you spelling out the definition of “shallow up.”

While you have used that term with me before in sessions, I realize I didn’t fully understand what it meant. It’s much clearer to me now 😉

• 14
    David B says:

Manners are pretty decent in this smaller community, but I know what you mean Rose.

Thanks for sharing the cord cutting video. Powerful.

• 15

Great tips in your newsletter Rose! I especially like number 10, enjoy your friends more.

Having good friends makes it so much easier to deal with everything else that is going on.

• 16
    Gillian says:

Rose, I am part way through watching your cord cutting demo. Very interesting!

Can I check something? I thought you could only develop cords of attachment to people who were alive at the time when you first encountered them.

Have I got that wrong? I have 2 grandparents who died before I was born. I have been assuming I wouldn’t have cords to them. Maybe not?

• 17
    Rose Rosetree says:

Glad you’re enjoying that video. Also, it’s a pleasure to tell you that you’re correct.

You get a cord of attachment (and also a spiritual tie) when you pay attention for 10 seconds or more… to somebody who is alive at the time.

This person doesn’t have to be in the room with you, but does have to be alive.

• 18
    Rose Rosetree says:

In Josephine’s example, on that video that I previewed in the newsletter, her grandfather was definitely alive when she met him.

So, no worries, GILLIAN!

• 19
    Gillian says:

Great, Rose! Thank you 🙂

• 20
    Liane says:

Great newsletter, Rose! Love ‘shallow up’. Especially helpful for an over-thinker like myself. Keep it simple and surface-y.

Watching the video for cutting a cord of attachment was so helpful! It’s one thing to read it, quite another to witness it being done. And personal. Thanks Josephine.