Solar Eclipse Meditation

Solar Eclipse Meditation
Solar Eclipse Meditation. To help you celebrate the light, not the darkness.

Solar Eclipse Meditation. Today or tomorrow, you may choose to take a few minutes for spiritual awakening. To bless the world. And to bless yourself.

Won’t you join us in bringing humanity more love, light, power, truth, and kindness?

Solar Eclipse Meditation — First of All

Blog-Buddies, you’re invited to take notes on what follows. Then sit with closed eyes and take the occasional peek step-by-step. Read it. Then think it.

Even better, make a brief sound recording. Liberally sprinkle in pauses. Thus, adding the cosmic spice of silence. Then play your recording when you sit to do this meditation designed for Solar Eclipse Day for all of this century, maybe longer.

If you’d prefer to hear me read this to you, here’s a link to a recording I’ve made of the Solar Eclipse Meditation. Please listen as if I made this recording just for you.

Solar Eclipse Meditation, First of All

Prepare for these few minutes by:

1. Preventing interruptions from people. (Tell them “Do not disturb” until further notice.)
  2. Preventing interruptions from pets (separate them from you by a door.)
  3. Turning off your mobile phone, etc.
  4. Make sure you have your instructions handy for when doing this brief meditation. Or play the recording that I have made for you.
  5. If you’re calculating Technique Time for your day. Which I sure hope you are! Allow 10 minutes. Time when you start and, maybe, you’ll subtract some of this time, leaving more for other Technique Time pursuits.
  6. Sit comfortably,  legs not crossed, head not supported. So no Lay-Z-Boy recliner for you. 😉 Nor a traditional lotus position. We’re in the Age of Awakening, folks. And I’m not teaching you a traditional meditation technique.
  7. With this meditation, don’t concentrate or visualize or try. Let the words roll through you however they roll.

As a result of following basic meditation instructions like these, guess what? You just might gain just a bit more spiritual awakening.

Solar Eclipse Meditation — Beginning Here

(Close your eyes, sitting comfortably.)

Father-Mother God, Lord of the Universe.

As I sit here, surrounded by the air, I breathe freely.

As I sit here, you are in each in-breath. You are in each out-breath.

You are outside me and you are within me.

Today I ask for your blessing as this world goes through an eclipse.

Solar Eclipse Meditation — Continuing

One interpretation of a full solar eclipse is this:

Spiritual light on earth is growing within each person every day. That includes my own connection with you, my spiritual evolution.  My personal expression as THIS individual, I’m responsible for this expression, doing the best that I can. As this personal identity, I am free to co-create with you. This co-creation is what I aim to do now.

Although spiritual light is growing, this is earth. We have ups and downs, backs and forths. Symbolically, a full eclipse of the sun means going down to the NO LIGHT value. The emptiness value.

Like my relationship with my best friend: There is a range that can go from my full and free connection to that friend. But there can also be a lesser connection. Or even no sense of connection at all.

For the brief time of this solar eclipse, the darkening of sunlight symbolizes the darkening of spiritual light on earth. And a lack of connection to spiritual light for me. Yet I sit here believing and loving. And trusting and knowing.

Solar Eclipse Meditation — Completing

Because I connect with you, God, even if it seems as though that connection is gone.

I hold that knowledge of connection, and hope, and trust, deep within me.

And I add this. When the light comes back, back for me and my world… When that light comes back, light me up more gently and sweetly and powerfully than ever before.

For every human day, for the rest of my life, I am here to know you and love you more, God. I am here to bring more love and light, power and kindness, more truth into this earth.

Thanks for co-creating all this for me, God. All this or something better.

(Take as much extra time as you like to feel God’s response, or say more, ask more, as you wish. Then stretch your body a bit and slowly open your eyes. Done!)

Solar Eclipse Meditation —  My Thoughts

You don’t have to be an astrologer to sense a connection between you and Earth’s sun, moon, and planets.

And you don’t have to seek symbols everywhere… Even living as a slave to synchronicity… To pay attention to rare events in nature.

To me, a solar eclipse signifies the “Ga” value of Divine expression on earth. Just as “Ahhhh” symbolizes the fullest value of Divine expression. To hear what I mean, make each of these two sounds out loud:

With “Ga,” the sound is cut off. As silenced as it could be, while you’re still making noise.

But with “Ahhhh,” the sound is as big as could be. Like an open-mouthed start of all possibilities.

I’m using that particular example as a way of thanking my one-time teacher, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. He taught his initiators a lot about the significance of sound and how it relates to consciousness. Something I use, incidentally, with Name Alignment™ Aura Research.

Solar Eclipse Meditation — Opposite to What We Take for Granted

Everyday sunshine. Opposite any partial or full eclipse of the sun.

Symbolizing, to me, full and easy availability of Divine connection for each human alive.

This solar eclipse gives the planet a reboot. Spiritually.

By using the meditation I’ve supplied, or one you would prefer that works better for you, what happens? You add something sweeter and better to your personal reboot into human life on earth.

Solar Eclipse Meditation — Better than a Look-See

One last recommendation, if I might.

Please, please, please do not aim to look at the eclipse. Don’t go outdoors. Don’t stand underneath this to catch some good vibes.

Could be, you’ll wind up with “exciting vibes of emptiness, disappointment, loneliness.”

Not to mention the shocking fact that many glasses folks are buying specifically for eclipse viewing don’t work properly. And thus you might imperil your vision permanently. And even with good-quality glasses, you risk damaging your eyesight.

More Abstaining Might Be Smart

Personally, I wouldn’t start anything new on an eclipse day. Nor even write a new blog post. Definitely not sign a contract.

Light, please. Give me everyday light, and the blessings that symbolically go with that.

Not gawking at an eclipse of Father God during a solar eclipse. Neither peering at at an eclipse of Mother God during a lunar eclipse. Are you kidding?

Honestly, just because something unusual happens, does that mean “Throw yourself into it?”

Babies do that. And undiscriminating thrill seekers. Not me.

However, doing a bit of meditation? Even a special meditation? I could see that. 😉

27 thoughts on “Solar Eclipse Meditation”

• 1
    KayCee says:

I’m delighted that you posted this beautiful meditation, Rose.

Thanks to reading here, I’ve been limiting my technique time. The results are palpable and lovely.. and I was wondering how to acknowledge this significant event without immersing myself.

Thank you.

• 2
    Rose Rosetree says:

KAYCEE, you’re so welcome.

Of course I know you, and yet this may be your first time commenting here at the blog. 🙂

• 3
    Avid reader says:

So glad you wrote about this event and provided a meditation.

Thank you so much for this and everything else you do.

• 4

Thank you for this Rose. I have been feeling that darkening of spiritual light, this helped me to understand why.

And I’m looking forward to doing this meditation tomorrow.

• 5
    Sophie G. says:

I just listened to your recording and really liked doing this meditation 🙂

• 6
    Gillian says:

Thanks for this, Rose. I’ll definitely do it tomorrow.

• 7
    Catherine V says:

Thank you for the beautiful mediation and for sharing knowledge about the meaning of an eclipse and tips for navigating one.

I learned something valuable today, and I got a chance to connect with God in a special way 🙂

• 8
    Lindsey says:

Thank you for sharing this Rose! It’s lovely and so interesting. 🙂

A timely meditation indeed.

• 9
    David B says:

Thanks, Rose. I agree, as do many traditional approaches. An exceptional event, but one best spent within, in the light rather than outside in the shadow.

Apparently, thousands are flocking to be under the full eclipse and many small towns will be overwhelmed with tourists. They’re sending in the National Guard.

• 10
    Leo says:

The furor around the eclipse has seemed a bit bizarre. People clamoring for glasses to see it, employers giving people time off from work to view it.

My first inclination has been “who cares, it’s just a solar eclipse.” Just doesn’t seem that big of a deal to me.

I appreciate your counter culture perspective, as usual. A “reboot” sounds like it could be great for earth right about now.

• 11
    Jnana says:

It is said that meditation done during an eclipse is a thousand times more powerful than one done on regular days.

• 12
    Lilian says:

Thanks Rose, that’s very insightful. As a scientist, I’m never 100% comfortable with astrology type things. I think it’s mainly funny how well my personality matches my birthdate.

• 13
    Lilian says:

Saying that, my bus landed in an actual ditch today, after the bus driver attempted an ill-advised turn! So there we go.

• 14
    Logan says:

Thanks for your insights on the impact of this eclipse, Rose.

After reading this, I am now glad my first day of physics was cancelled today due to the eclipse.

It’s also unusually cloudy today here in California so no one can see it, probably saving many a retina!

• 15
    Dana K says:

Thanks Rose!

I follow NASA on Instagram so I had joined others in the excitement and before reading this might have been outside with others. Instead I just did the meditation and lit some candles…

• 16
    Lo says:

Grateful for your warning.

Just watched a newscaster covering the eclipse in Oregon burst into tears without warning after its completion.

• 17
    Lo says:

I saw this before reading this post and thought maybe they were tears of awe and wonder.

Now I wonder if it’s really the “exciting vibes of emptiness, disappointment, and loneliness” that she was experiencing. Uh oh.

• 18
    Lo says:

Thank you so much for this post.

• 19
    Katriina says:

I just did this meditation, it is lovely.

I really enjoy the idea of a reboot. Thank you for this.

• 20
    Isabella C. says:

Thank you for this gorgeous technique, Rose!

I will be spending the next few hours working in a windowless room. 🙂

• 21
    Chloe says:

I did the meditation this morning and it has set me up with a grateful mood all day-thank you Rose:)

• 22
    Mandeep says:

Thank you Rose, I just did the meditation. Was amazing

• 23
    Emily says:

Thanks for this Rose! Used the technique this morning.

• 24
    Jean says:

Thank you Rose for this post – and the beautiful meditation.

Glad of the reboot 🙂

• 25

Leo, the furor was really bizarre.

Librarians around the US were getting 10-20 calls an hour, because radio and tv shows had said libraries had a supply of free glasses. We did, for a couple of months but they ran out.

Today the number of calls was insane–about 50 an hour! I’m so glad the eclipse is over!

• 26
    Max says:

I wanted you to know how appreciative I am to have someone so wise in my life.

I would have gone out to look at the eclipse if not for your advice 🙂

• 27
    Explorer says:

So beautiful, so powerful. I didn’t start my day right, but I sure am closing it off strong now with this meditation.

Thank you Thank you thank you!