Secret Lives. Afterwards, Healing.

Secret Lives

Secret Lives. Even aura reading won’t necessarily show us that somebody is leading a secret life. What explains that limitation?

• Sometimes the secret keeper feels guilt. Remorse. That would show in his aura.
  • Maybe the secret keeper feels entitled. Or as if the secret life is a thrilling adventure, totally okay.

The cause of secrecy matters as well. Mostly today’s post is about a man who was forced to keep a secret. Until he simply, bravely, refused.

Would the pressure of a socially required secret show in that person’s aura? Definitely.

Talk about secret lives! I’ll never forget a session I facilitated for Gladys. Where I wound up cutting a cord of attachment to her ex-husband Joe, a trigamist.

Another client I helped, Josephine, received quite a shock when her father died. Only then did she learn that her very difficult father also had another wife, plus children. Other daughters. And he never told her.

Yes, plenty of men (and women) lead lives of quiet desperation that include living a great big lie. Or being in love with someone who lives a lie.

In America’s ongoing conversation about LGBT rights, we often refer to “Coming out.” Not usually is this called “Telling the truth” or “Living with integrity, even in a society full of bigots.”

Maybe we have reached a tipping point now in the national conversation. Maybe we can start referring to “Telling the truth” rather than “coming out.”

Today Let’s Celebrate a Public Figure

Who Said “No” to Secret Lives?

You might find it fascinating to see (or revisit) this blog post about Jason Collins. Remember him? That earlier article showed the price he paid for that secret life.

Perhaps you even remember my Skilled Empath Merge? Using a photo taken while he still lived a secret life.

Collins was already famous when he became extra famous in May 2013. Because, boldly, he came out as the first homosexual professional athlete in America’s major team sports.

Not that long ago, was it? Only bit more than four years ago.

Secret Lives about Sexuality. Maybe We Have Fewer Now in the World

Although the Mike Pences of the world still try to dictate sexuality for everyone else… They’re just not winning.

It could even be legal for two gay athletes to marry each other!

That freedom and legality matter so much. Among other reasons…

Secret Lives Squelch Spiritual Growth

I find it refreshing that Jason Collins hasn’t just set a precedent as a professional athlete by coming out as gay. The way he did it was at least as beautiful, from a spiritual perspective.

He called the aura-level truth exactly right: “Why not live truthfully?”

What prompted me to do a skilled empath merge on this courageous man?

Quotes like this one, from a first-person Sports Illustrated article that began all the controversy:

Imagine you’re in the oven, baking. Some of us know and accept our sexuality right away and some need more time to cook.

I should know – I baked for 33 years.

Jason Collins had “endured years of misery and gone to enormous lengths to live a lie.”

Ending a Lie Is Just the Start of Living More Whole

Anyone here think that coming out will automatically fix everything stuck in Jason’s aura?

Could his new social honesty automatically move out cords of attachment, frozen blocks of energy rife with shame?

Such an optimist may not know much yet about how to read an aura. Maybe never had a session of RES Energy HEALING. Nor RES Energy READING. Look, many folks don’t know yet that full Energetic Literacy is each person’s birthright. Or that other kinds of equality are a birthright as well.

At least now, if Jason gets himself some healing, he won’t have to hide that along with everything else.

It’s time for thoughtful people to accept equality of anyone in the LGBT community. And anyone outside it.

Neither inferiority nor superiority. Equality.

25 thoughts on “Secret Lives. Afterwards, Healing.”

• 1

Thanks for this post Rose, I can really relate. When I came out in college (after stewing about it in secret for 10 years), the biggest shock to me was how freeing it was to me in all areas of my life.

What I hadn’t understood, was that being a person of integrity it hurt me all over keeping that lie. Whether it was a sin of omission (not telling) or a sin of commission (pretending to have boyfriends.) And, yes, I grew up Catholic so even no longer identifying as Catholic, I still thought in terms of sin.

• 2

The point was that, the hiding of that one area of life didn’t just impact that area of life–it made it impossible for me to feel good about myself as a person.

• 3

Coming out also did not solve all of the subconscious stuff I carried around my sexual identity–I still have issues.

But it is a very important first step, without which I don’t believe further spiritual growth would have been possible.

• 4

One more thing–as someone who can easily “pass” for a straight person, I find that I have to make that choice (whether to lie or tell the truth) over and over again.

For example, I was recently invited to lunch with a Muslim family. I still don’t know–will I tell them I am a lesbian? I think so, because if I don’t there is no possibility of real friendship with them. But it is a difficult choice.

• 5
    Lilian says:

Rose, I know you mean well, but it is actually a no no to make anyone feel obliged to come out.

Everyone does have the right to a private life, and they have a right to not disclose information about it, especially if it puts them in danger. This especially applies to teens in danger of being made homeless by their parents.

• 6
    Lilian says:

There is a need to set healthy boundaries around personal information…

When it’s time to be more open about something to someone or to a group of people, then it’s up to that person to do so, and they can do it in a way that promotes healing.

• 7
    Rose Rosetree says:

Thanks so much for these insightful comments. LILIAN, I actually agree with all you wrote here.

A short blog post cannot possibly cover all cases.

As an adult, knowing one might not jeopardize career or safety — that’s when keeping a secret may not be necessary. Otherwise? Survival must always come first, as you rightly describe.

• 8
    Rose Rosetree says:

KYLIE, I’m very moved by all you wrote here. Thank you so much for all you shared.

About the Catholic part, with all respect to the power and glory and purity in that religion… certain core beliefs now — as they have come down through the Church’s complicated history, are simply not true. In my opinion.

• 9
    Rose Rosetree says:

Example #1. If homosexuality were really a sin, how come so many gay men and lesbian women have moved into Enlightenment?

You’ll find many — not just you — on my Enlightenment Life List.

• 10
    Rose Rosetree says:

Example #2. According to Catholic and Protestant religions, suicide is one of the worst sins, supposedly. One is supposed to go where — Hell or Purgatory — for eternity.

Look, you can tell from that last paragraph I’m not a Catholic in this lifetime. But I can tell you this… speaking from my experience of facilitating Soul Energy Awakening Hypnosis(R).

• 11
    Rose Rosetree says:

Often, in this problem-solving form of past-life regression, my client re-experiences incidents from a previous incarnation. (Not just the past within this same lifetime, also full of productive destinations.)

Within this last month, I had a client who moved through a suicide. And there Joe is afterwards, moved out of hypnosis. Freed up from many terrible large-intensity frozen blocks.

And talking with me in the “Debriefing.”

• 12
    Rose Rosetree says:

You could say, “He was glowing like a Christmas tree.” 😉

And talking to me from a lifetime where he is evolving rapidly towards Enlightenment. Has an excellent career, a wonderful love life, etc.

He’s hardly the only client of mine to have been reborn after a suicide. And lived to have an impressive human life. Even managing to find this past-life facilitator with skills for healing the astral debris from that suicide.

• 13
    Devon says:

Overall, I agree with was has been written in this article.

Plenty of non-heterosexual people are 25+ years old, financially independent, and generally doing well in life, but they won’t “come out of the closet” because they don’t want to deal with the process and lack integrity.

I often want to tell these people things like “Stop caring what your idiot parents think!”

As a homosexual man, I personally refuse to get involved with such people because they are not worth the headache.

• 14
    Devon says:

However, I also agree quite strongly with what Lilian has written.

• 15
    Devon says:

I have no desire to see the concept of “coming out of the closet” replaced with something else.

This term belongs to us – not heterosexual people – and we will proudly keep it for the time being.

• 16
    Devon says:

“Sexual preferences, gender identity — for most Americans, this no longer must remain secret.”

I would say that for many Americans, being open with their sexual orientation is worth any inconveniences, but I think saying that is true for most is quite unrealistic.

The decision to reveal that one is not heterosexual, cisgendered, et cetera often depends on many possible factors, and the sad fact is that for many people other circumstances still have to be bigger factors than truth and integrity.

• 17
    Devon says:

For example, I have read in more than one place, as Lilian mentioned also, that a shockingly high percentage of homeless youth are GLBT.

Given how ungodly expensive everything is these days and how little many jobs pay, delaying the whole coming out process makes sense for plenty of people well past the age of 18.

Other people have to agonize over certain decisions. e.g. Do I risk jeopardizing a career for which I have worked extremely hard for years to earn over publicly proclaiming something that is of no relevance to most people anyway? Do I make a stressful situation even more stressful by revealing an aspect of me to people such as coworkers whom I don’t even like?

• 18
    Devon says:

Some of the sentences in this post have a somewhat shaming tone to them.

This article would have been fine if either sexual orientation was not made a centerpiece or if this article acknowledged that “living with truth” in reference to sexual orientation is important more for people for whom publicly living such truth is not significantly risky.

• 19
    Devon says:

As a side point, “coming out” is not something that is done once.

It has to be done eventually with nearly every person you meet and with whom you have more than fleeting interactions.

This can be tiring in ways that most people probably do not understand.

• 20
    Lilian says:

Thanks Kylie. I m not LGBTQ, but I have had a fairly complicated personal life when it comes to family and relationships.

It would be good if we could evolve to a society that doesn’t assumes and doesn’t judge about personal matters.

• 21
    Lilian says:

I ve had the experience of being judged by people I loved after giving them certain basics of my life.

It made them feel unsettled and challenged. Then being essentially a carer in childhood (in a complicated way) plus other things related to that, means that I m not inclined to start a family as I value the time I have to myself.

But of course, I m at an age where peers are focused on their children. Anyway, I never seem to be in line with my peers in terms of the normal lifecycle. And people seem to still expect the norm, even today.

• 22
    Isabella C. says:

Love the comments here. Really great.

Thank you Kylie, Lilian, Devon, Rose.

I appreciate so many points here, but Devon, I particularly appreciate your point about how “coming out” is not a one-time thing, and how exhausting that can be. I’ve caught glimpses of this with LGBTQ people in my life.

Thanks all, for teaching me something.

• 23
    Rose Rosetree says:

“Coming out” is not a one-time thing, indeed.

And here’s something related that some of us might wish to ponder. Each of us has struggles, areas of giftedness or difference where we must pay a price. And pay it again and again.

• 24
    Rose Rosetree says:

Reason enough for us to keep gaining compassion for others. Also directing more kindness towards ourselves.

Seems to me, if you do have some areas of struggle, all the more reason to know that, vibrationally, there are two sides to every story where you’ve been hurting:

1. What happens in reality (with feelings set off as a result). Where we could be hurting again and again. That’s all Human Vibrational Frequencies.

• 25
    Rose Rosetree says:

2. And also subconscious STUFF. At Astral Vibrational Frequencies. It becomes part of us every time an incident leaves us in pain.

Even after that incident is forgotten or forgiven, that doesn’t lift the inner burden of STUFF. Which then can add a huge charge — or overlay — to what happens here and now.

With sessions of RES Energy Healing we have a motto about that:

“STUFF can always, always, always be healed.”