Drama Versus Self-Actualization

Drama Versus Self-Actualization
Drama Versus Self-Actualization? Sure, that’s often a choice you can make.

Drama Versus Self-Actualization. Did you even know you had a choice?

Surprising or not, you sure do. Actually, this one simple choice can make all the difference. Both for your spiritual awakening and your personal growth. Quite essential for your path to Enlightenment, as well!

You see, Blog-Buddies, you can live one way or live the other. Not both.

Maybe at this point, you’re sure which one you choose. Please keep reading anyway. Given the surprises that may await.

Drama Versus Self-Actualization

First of all, what happens if you prefer drama? Consciously and also subconsciously, you’ll find loads of it happening to you.

• Drama in your love life.
  • Drama in your sex life.
  • How about drama in your work life?
  • Drama with your family.

Let’s face it. Drama can be fun. For instance, how many top-rated movies lack drama?

Heck, it’s built into every single scene. Actors prepare by going over the script and asking, “Where’s the conflict?”

Drama Isn’t Always About Choice, Of Course

• Unfair treatment at work, from a hateful boss.
  • Alcoholic parent. Or parents!
  • Financial losses that seem completely unfair.

Have such things happened to you? Especially up to the age of 21 or 28? Chalk that up to Life Contract. Rather than a personal yen for fights.

Even later in life, calamity can strike. Because you’re paying back karma. Which you cannot budge. No choice there.

Except for dealing with that situation honorably, with courage and integrity.

Afterwards, though?

Drama Can Become a Subconscious Habit

In other words, the scary situation ends. But do you then find yourself going into yet more drama?

For example, that nightmare relationship is over. Now you date somebody new. Plenty of red flags would show up about this exciting new person in your life… Provided you were subconsciously willing to see them.

This is where it’s vital to remember that you do have a choice. (Including the resource of personal sessions with me, other RES Experts, or helpers with entirely different specialties.)

Drama Versus Self-Actualization

What does self-actualization mean, anyway? Living your full potential.

Spiritual awakening experiences can come to you like the grace of God. Hallelujah!

Nonetheless… Parlaying spiritual awakenings into big human growth? That’s your human job.

Have you noticed? Many a spiritual awakening experience feels dramatic. Inadvertently whetting one’s appetite for spiritual drama. . .

Still, it would be a mistake to choose drama versus self-actualization. Aiming for the latter, you make choices for your own betterment. And don’t mistake that for all-or-nothing choices. Or shaking up your life in some perfectionistic way.

Maybe some Soul Thrill™ Aura Research can helps you to see your way clear. Avoiding allure that would, actually, turn out to be what? Yet another invitation to drama.

Now let’s delve more deeply into this topic. Since  drama-related choices can be so very confusing.

Drama Versus Self-Actualization: Free Will

Drama encourages a way of life that is, ironically, passive. Basically, life tells you what to do. As in, “Grab one prize possession. Then flee the burning building.”

Making the choice of that one prize item from your home? That might seem to be very important, free willish. Actually, the scope is terribly limited. By contrast…

Self-Actualization involves an active kind of personal growth. You choose your life projects. Basically, you’re the one who decides what to do when proceeding along your growth path. Tremendous, yet non-dramatic, use of free will!

Drama Versus Self-Actualization: Qualities

Drama is all about courage. Ooh, the brave victim!

And, yes, our media find this theme endlessly fascinating. Why not? Do you know this media motto? “If it bleeds, it leads.”

By contrast, self-actualization allows us to use creativity and discernment.

Hence one interesting way to figure out if you’ve been aiming more towards drama or self-actualization.

Which have you been using more lately, Blog-Buddies? Your creativity and discernment versus displaying courage at handling adversity?

Drama Versus Self-Actualization: Healing

As the Founder of Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES), I facilitate a lot of sessions of RES Energy HEALING. Based on that experience, I find a clear difference.

• Drama-type healing helps a client to cope.
  • Self-Actualization-style healing shows in speech and action. Because my client keeps finding more productive ways to live.

Do you see the difference?

What makes that difference? Often it’s about how much STUFF is still in your aura and subconscious mind. Repeatedly I’ve found long-term RES clients all becoming self-actualizing. Regardless of circumstances.

Drama Versus Self-Actualization: About God

Drama choices can even show in how you relate to God. As in “My Rescuer” and “The Source of My Amazing Grace” and “Jesus, Take The Wheel.”

Self-Actualization allows us to develop a more nuanced relationship with God. More like co-creating.

When moving forward along the second kind of path, you may discover the most delightful thing. God waits for you. Helping you to discover, just because you’d like to have that kind of connection.

Not because (you think) you desperately need God to solve problems and remove your latest drama.

Granted, the following is just my perspective as an Enlightenment Coach. Someone who doesn’t know everything. Still, consider:

God doesn’t demand drama in your relationship. Drama is such a human, Earth School thing.

55 thoughts on “Drama Versus Self-Actualization”

• 1
    Julie says:

This is very thought-provoking. To me it highlights those moments of choice.

Often a very subtle thing. Do I go back to drama or pain.

Or find the creativity to…go another way.

Recreate.

• 2
    Julie says:

There is surprising flexibility in how to respond to life.

And probably healing sessions only accelerate and accentuate that ability to choose differently.

• 3
    Julie says:

Certainly many of us have seen the example of at least one person who chose drama upon drama.

And then, hot tamale!…more drama.

• 4
    Julie says:

From watching that, I get big time the difference in priorities.

Between drama and self-actualization.

• 5

Hot tamale, indeed!

JULIE, you have added important insights to this thread. Thank you.

• 6
    KayCee says:

It was a helpful discovery when, as a young adult, I saw clearly that the environment I grew up in (family restaurant) was rooted in the creation of drama.

• 7
    KayCee says:

We were resilient and very hard-working but those qualities were exploited to preserve a martyr-like image.

Surviving chaos on a daily basis was the badge of honor worn by the “heads” of the operation.

• 8
    KayCee says:

It was a lot to unravel but worth the effort.

Ready to heal the residual as I’m able to.

• 9
    KayCee says:

Meantime, I celebrate making better choices all the time.

Sure do love the sound of peaceful silence.

Genuine creativity arises!

• 10
    Lilian says:

Just to say, I read the title and immediately laughed. I believe I am guilty of this to some extent.

For example, left to my own devices I’m pretty happy sitting in my head, having a think. So it can take a lot of drama for me to actually “do” things.

• 11
    Lilian says:

This is my theory about “why” I chose to get born into drama in terms of paying off karma. And why I find myself in weird work situations (for example) when I just want to quietly sit at my computer.

• 12
    Lilian says:

But it’ll be nice to feel I’m more in control and to actively and consciously chose how I want to grow.

• 13
    Explorer says:

Great distinctions Rose.

Once the difference clicked in within me, everything started to change. The layers of that continues to peel and shine.

• 14
    Explorer says:

I can relate to all comments here, particularly to KayCee’s comment #7.

Now I know, and is easier for me, to still be resilient and very hard-working but with the difference in the way I choose to utilize those qualities.

• 15
    Explorer says:

Surviving chaos on a daily basis, whether the chaos in my head or in objective reality, is no longer a game I choose to play.

• 16
    Explorer says:

I find myself naturally tending towards a quality of life with effectiveness in the objective reality.

It could be anything from trying a different recipe, doing my physio therapy for the day, actually communicating with my loved ones or finding myself singing and dancing in the shower after a long exhausted day.

• 17
    Explorer says:

Life is so much more beautiful when I break the chain of drama and choose to experience life through my creativity.

• 18
    Zeke says:

This is such an awesome topic. I’d love to read more.

I’ve recently begun to understand how complicated this distinction can be – where does the karma / bad habits end and the free will begin?

Yet, it is a fun learning process to begin use free will and creativity more vigorously to build a better human life.

• 19
    Christine says:

Especially when you are between the ages of 21 and 28 and you’re not sure if its karma or not.😕 Best not to dwell on it, use free will and move on.

• 20
    Rose Rosetree says:

Thanks to all of you latest commenters.

ZEKE, I will take you up on your gently worded Comment #18.

Meanwhile I wonder if you — or other Blog-Buddies — might be willing to share any stories of how RES, combined with your free will, helped you to cut down on drama.

• 21
    Jnana says:

Some people just love drama. If you won’t join them or be an audience for them, they go on to others who will.

Having a stronger sense of self through RES healing has allowed me to say no to drama from others.

• 22
    Jnana says:

But I didn’t realize it was a coping mechanism.

Perhaps that’s why I sometimes feel bad about not allowing certain people their drama.

It’s like I’ve left them with nothing.

• 23
    Rose Rosetree says:

Oh, JNANA, you bring up such interesting points here, bringing out the teacher in me! For starters:

Did you ever, ever, ever hear me use the term “coping mechanism”?

• 24
    Rose Rosetree says:

As the trainer of all RES Experts, one of my jobs is to remind all of them not to draw upon language from psychotherapy.

Because RES Practitioners and Apprentices not mental health professionals.

• 25
    Rose Rosetree says:

Granted, all of you who comment here are simply interested in RES, one way or another.

But it still will help you not to mix into anything RES… terms like:

* Coping mechanisms
    * Defenses
    * Traumas
    * Complexes
    * Boundaries

• 26
    Rose Rosetree says:

Words and ideas from psychotherapy have gone mainstream, ever since the Oprah Years (a.k.a. The New Age Years, 1980- 12/21/12).

Might I suggest, JNANA, that you — and perhaps other Blog-Buddies with a similar reaction to this post — reread it. Take a deep breath.

Don’t translate my words into psychological terms you have learned, as an educated person. Nothing wrong with those words, or your previous attempts at personal growth. Only RES is different.

• 27
    Rose Rosetree says:

Regarding Comment 22, and the idea that you have hurt people, a.k.a. “Left them with nothing.”

Sigh! Where to begin? Please, any of you who can relate to this way of guilting yourself — have a session with me.

Many kinds of STUFF can cause this confusion. I’d love to help you clear it up, for now and maybe even for the ret of your life!

• 28
    Explorer says:

RES has definitely accelerated and gave a great momentum of moving out of the drama and taking charge of my own life.

Every session has impacted and improved my life one way or the other.

• 29
    Explorer says:

I had one session where cutting a cord of attachment ended the cycle of karma in a permanent way.

[For clarity, Blog Monitor Rose suggests adding: my cycle of karma with one particular individual.]

• 30
    Explorer says:

By that session, I had already removed myself from that individual and any ties to that particular healing modality but I was still immensely suffering on a daily basis.

RES gave me the strength, removal of STUFF left room for more creativity and use of free will and move on with my life.

• 31
    Explorer says:

Without RES I still would have paid my karmic dept but who know what kinds of other frozen blocks I would have gathered during it affecting me in other areas.

That particular chapter, accumulated in who knows how many life times, is truly over for me.

I’m excited to create new things that wake up my soul.

• 32
    Rose Rosetree says:

Indeed, EXPLORER, there are mysterious and unfathomable connections between some RES Energy HEALING skills, shifts to causation, and impacts on karma.

Fascinating in theory, to some.

Important in practice, whether or not you even know the word “karma.” But you simply want your free will to work effectively.

• 33
    An Avid Reader says:

This is very timely for me as I currently work with someone who is a big fan of drama.

I very much want to walk the self actualization path!

• 34
    Jnana says:

Read it again.

‘Drama-type healing helps a client to cope.’

Don’t know why I interpreted it the way I did. Got it this time.

• 35
    Jnana says:

Drama can be done quietly too, can’t it?

In one’s head, as someone commented.

I’ve seen that kind reduce for me, with healing.

• 36
    Rose Rosetree says:

Bless your heart, JNANA. Thank you for reading the post again, noted in your Comment #34.

About #35, personally I don’t consider worrying etc. to be “drama.” Rather, it’s a result of STUFF in one’s aura, which would explain why so much of this has stopped for you… as a result of our sessions of RES Energy HEALING.

• 37
    Dana K says:

This definitely got me thinking, as someone that’s hardly had a conflict free life, I also don’t consider myself drama seeking.

• 38
    Dana K says:

Personally in my case, not being an enlightenment coach, I’d only label the most aggregious cases of repeated work fights or conflict creating as drama seeking.

• 39
    Dana K says:

Also the degree that each person can take in terms of challenges is definitely individually set.

For example, look at Barack. We’re his days as President “drama free”? No. But that wasn’t bc he was personally looking for fights.

• 40
    Dana K says:

What also came to mind when I read this was a time when I moved to a new city only a year after a different move.

I had felt very deeply this move was the right thing to do. I still believe it was. Drama free? Heck no.

• 41
    Dana K says:

A close friend accused me of running away from my problems with moves. She couldn’t have been more wrong.

But that might have been true for her, if she’d moved. For me, it was right.

• 42
    Dana K says:

I think anytime we stretch and grow and take on new power, it’s not easy breezy.

But it’s still right and it’s still actualization. Again, so individual.

• 43
    Dana K says:

Like what if I decide after careful thought and research to invest in the stock market, not in a mutual fund but by way of learning the skill of analyzing businesses?

Surely I’d lose money here and there and more so at the beginning.

• 44
    Dana K says:

Am I drama seeking? Some personalities might look on and say yes.

But maybe I’m a human doing what’s right for me.

• 45
    Dana K says:

Skills sometimes come with ups and downs as we learn to navigate, maybe not what you were talking about here as you mean more frivolous conflicts, but what came to mind for me none the less as they can sometimes look the same from an outsider.

• 46
    Rose Rosetree says:

What a wonderful, honest, thoughtful set of comments, DANA K. Thank you.

However, not a single example of possible “drama” that you’ve given here would qualify for me as choosing drama.

Nor would I define drama as you did, in Comment #38, as the worst cases of repeated work fights. Or outright conflict-creation.

• 47
    Rose Rosetree says:

Instead, DANA K., I’ve known people who make bad choices, again and again. Motivated by a need for drama. Extreme excitement. Potential for heroism. Or martyrdom.

Bad choices, except for learning.

Bad choices, except for paying back karma (perhaps, in which case, not exactly free will choices).

• 48

For example:

Joe sticking around and trying to please a cruel, hateful boss. Escalating drama over the months. When he might have simply found himself a better job in his field and left…

Or Gladys finding out that her lover has cheated on her, repeatedly. Yet deciding to stay “because I love him.”

• 49
    Rose Rosetree says:

You see, DANA K., given your examples of making the other kind of choice, all about the self-actualizing kind of choice, I wonder — with all respect…

Maybe you’ve never made that other kind of choice.

• 50
    Rose Rosetree says:

Yet, I can assure you, I’ve had long-term RES clients who ALWAYS or MOSTLY made choices while seeking drama. And they succeeded, brilliantly. 😉

But later, as they had way less STUFF and their soul expression was waking up… they began making choices more like YOU.

• 51
    Rose Rosetree says:

As for conflict, that can arise with either sort of choice, can’t it?

• 52
    Julie says:

I used to work with someone who was prone to drama. She set her car on fire one day by accident.

That was actually a pretty typical day with her. If it wasn’t that, it was something else!

But she liked the excitement. She liked to live on the edge.

• 53
    Dana K says:

Yes Rose, both can bring conflict. 🙂

• 54
    Rose Rosetree says:

DANA, very good to hear back from you. Reminding us all how important it is to comment if you should disagree with something at the blog.

It’s meant to be an educational blog after all!

• 55
    Emily T says:

I really liked this post! And also the comments!