Elaine Aron’s Sensitive Face

For our “Second Day of Christmas,” here’s a face reading of someone I respect enormously. All empaths are Highly Sensitive Persons but the opposite isn’t true. As you Blog-Buddies know, 4 in 20 people are HSP, but only 1 is an empath. Both sets of inborn abilities are fascinating, as is the difference between them.

Here is where your comments and insights are especially invited: Based on your personal experience, what have you noticed about those differences?

In this post, I’ll introduce you to Dr. Aron’s talents by reading her face. And, again, readers, you’re invited to supplement by doing additional face reading plus skilled empath merges, aura readings— whatever is your favorite form of deeper perception. Click here for a bigger version of the photo used for this reading, one you can expand as described here, to supplement this face reading.

Early onset eyebrow angle, right eyebrow

Flip over to the right side of her face and you’ll find something highly unusual. Not only is there a deep angle in that brow, but it starts very early on, close to the nose. Maybe 1 in 10,000 people has such a thing.

The talent: “Question reality” could be Dr. Aron’s motto. In her career, much faster than most people would, she examines what others think and brings a fresh perspective… even a perspective that could be considered impertinent. Excellent!

The challenge: Please, please don’t ask her to repeat what other people do, pledging unquestioning allegiance. Would it kill her? Maybe not, but it sure could ruin her day.

Dark insert in fine eyebrows

Mostly Elaine’s eyebrows are fine and thin, but at the start of each eyebrow you’ll find a dense pattern of hair. Again, this is rare.

The talent: True intellectual innovation.

The challenge: Being a pioneer isn’t easy. It only sounds glorious in history books. To bushwhack your way down a new path takes far more effort than followers think.

Down-angled left eye

Flip over to Dr. Aron’s left eye. Compare the position of inner and outer corners. You’ll find that the inner corner is higher. The talent: In personal life, or when working with clients at a deep level, the psychologist is keenly aware of problems. Compassion runs deep.

The challenge: Far as I know, there is only one way to earn a down-angled eye: Going through intense pain, then somehow finding your way back.

Sculpted nose ridge

Look carefully at the length of that beautiful nose. Look as if you were a sculptor and you will see fine 3-D modeling right down the center of Elaine Aron’s nose.

The talent: Refined pursuit of work projects is a specialty. Imagine an accomplished baker, making croissant, turning and chilling that dough so that every layer comes out fully fluffed, flaky and fine. Only this nose characteristic emphasizes interaction with people as the realm where perfection is pursued.

The challenge: Standards can seem almost impossibly high. Even though I haven’t met Dr. Aron personally, I’m willing to bet that she can be quite a perfectionist about her work and how it’s used.

Powerline dimples

These dimples look like parentheses. The one on her left cheek is deeper, but if you look carefully you will find a dimple on her right cheek, too.

The talent: Graciousness and charm, through humility, are spontaneous

The challenge: Earning this kind of charm isn’t fun. You’re knocked down by life. Depending on how you pick yourself back up, if you learn something about humility, you earn this kind of dimple.

Low-slung cheeks

The greatest fullness in these magnificent cheeks is towards the mouth, especially on the left cheek (which would be the side most closely related to Dr. Aron’s depth work with clients)

The talent: The patience to suffer fools, letting them find their own solutions with their own, best timing.

The challenge: Having to suffer a whole lot of fools. Patiently.

Put that face together and it reveals authentic charm, deep compassion and, most notably, the skills of a true innovator. Dr. Aron has given the world a significant breakthrough, describing the tender junction place between physiology and consciousness, between innate wiring and self-acceptance.

AnnH says:

Thanks for another fabulous and insightful reading, Rose. What a wonderful Christmas gift, here at the empathy ‘spa.’ 🙂

I’ve been pondering the HSP/Empath difference since revealing my major “aha/duh” in relation to this in the other post.

When I discovered Dr. Aron’s work about 8-9 years ago, I was so relieved and that knowledge truly changed my life. It wasn’t till a couple of years after discovering her that I met a few HSPs who were conscious of being HSPs and so we were able to share the knowledge and enjoyed that connection.

Ironically enough, it was one of those people who introduced me to “Empowered by Empathy.” As I mentioned in the other post, I really didn’t truly “get it” until just recently that there really is a big difference between HSPs and HSP/Empaths.

Now I can put my finger on it, my experience of the difference that’s been significant for me, anyway…and I will admit that I’m focussing on Emotional Empathy here, knowing that there are other forms. It’s that ‘hum’ of warm connection and comfort that’s missing. The holding of the space and a simple expression of understanding after an expression of pain or frustration…with a true empathic connection, it really can shift everything and be very healing.

I was grateful for the shared understanding with the HSPs, but I got to the point of feeling stifled by the relationships as they focussed more and more on protection from the wider world and what felt like boring self-absorption bordering on narcissism. I’m sure that there must be plenty of HSPs who aren’t narcissistic, but I really was surprised at how the relationships unfolded and now I have a much better understanding of the dynamics, as well as a better appreciation of my empathy.

“The hum of warm connection”… you are such an articulate writer, Ann.

Your experience does resonate for me, because I occasionally follow Google tracks over to the use of “empath” and am finding that many people are using the term now as a justification for whining.

Part of this is a slow raising of consciousness, which thrills my soul.

Part of the conversation is less delightful. I suspect it is akin to what you experienced with HSPs. Discussing self-protection, etc., might be self-absorption but it might also be what happens when someone carries a whole lot of STUFF in his/her aura and is looking for one easy, quick, simple cure.

Slapping on a label, any label, is not going to solve all of life’s problems.

Even skills for empaths, such as are taught by one Rose Rosetree, are helpful but no panacea. If someone is suffering hugely, there is no substitute for healing that STUFF in the aura. It can, of course, be healed.

Unfortunately, many of the online conversations I have seen involve the assumption that peer-kvetching is going to fix all problems. While groups do have huge healing power, as in the marvellous work done with 12 Step programs, I find that they do their best peer-fixup work on the levels of psychological and behavioral support. (What do you think about this, you Blog-Buddies who have experienced help as 12-Steppers?)

But the real breakthroughs about consciousness, as you have experienced them, Ann, may result more from one-on-one sessions with a professional at Energy Spirituality or other effective ways to remove STUFF from auras. (I’m thinking especially of the sister arts of Energy Medicine and Energy Psychology, all of them being jet-propelled growth technologies for the 21st century.)

No, these professional services aren’t free, which seems to be the main expectation of forum seekers, asking others for tips about being an empath or a highly sensitive person. Well, gee, what is money for, folks? Everyone is relatively extravangant about some things, relatively cheap about others. I once knew a couple who bragged about their ultra-expensive leather sofa, yet skimped on daycare for their daughter. After six months, they discovered why “Babette” couldn’t walk yet, or talk much at all. A sneak peek at the daycare provider showed that the “service” involved keeping Babette and the other kids in a playpen all day with TV for their whole education.

Dynamics of one’s own process, like appreciation for being an empath, will shine with more clarity when a person finds a way to have less STUFF.

Personally, I favor giving people quality tools for do-it-yourself, like EMPOWERED BY EMPATHY and CUT CORDS OF ATTACHMENT, making Intensives available at relatively low cost, and making phone sessions available one-on-one to clear out the STUFF that really requires some expert help.

One way or another, Ann, I predict, those “narcissists” will heal enough to be powerful and productive HSPs. Let’s stay tuned!

AnnH says:

I agree with what you’ve said, Rose. Here are a few more observations.

My experience has been that a ‘multi-pronged’ approach to healing, growing, getting clear, whatever you want to call it, has been useful. The cord-cutting really is profound. Nothing in my experience has created as profound and dramatic a shift in my energy. I also think it’s normal that not everyone would be in the place to step up and have cords cut right away…meaning that a lot of people might need to do psychological and behavioral work first, depending on the situation. But profound, effective and straight to the point that work definitely is and I am a huge proponent of it!

I agree with what you’ve said about whining in the various forums. I don’t participate in them any more for that reason and the same reason that I do participate in a 12 Step program.

Yes, groups can be helpful, depending very much on the structure and focus of the group. Here’s my take on the value of 12 Step programs, based on personal experience. They are spiritual programs that basically encourage behavioral and mental shifts to help participants connect with and develop a healthy relationship with Spirit. The programs provide guidelines for sane and healthy relationships with oneself and basically all others that one comes into contact with, whether intimate relationships or acquaintances. These guidelines also provide a framework within which to sort out challenges, keeping the focus on oneself and on the solution, not the problem. The design of a typical 12 Step meeting encourages a style of communicating that allows each person a chance to speak and be heard without judgment or interruption. No advice is given; each person is encouraged to share their own ‘experience, strength, and hope’ from their own life. The beauty of a healthy meeting is that a fair amount of auric modeling takes place, if I understand the term correctly. The idea is that by ‘working the program,’ you gradually grow in consciousness and help others by sharing your story and simply by being there. As you work the program and shift in consciousness, you model gratitude, serenity, peacefulness and other gifts.

Here’s what I find beautiful and powerful about a healthy meeting — with the emphasis taken off of giving advice and shifted away from focussing on solving the problems of others, what happens is that the entire group “Holds a Space” for each person to share.

Of course, not every meeting is healthy, but when they are, they are profound and healing. A lot of people stay stuck in their stuff, for sure. The ideal that I picture is to combine the energetic component and the structure of the steps. I like combining the best of both worlds.

In different metaphysical communities I spent time in, it was this framework for interacting that could have made a huge difference. The guidelines are so helpful for maintaining focus and respect.

The issue of payment for healing work is one I’ve been rolling my eyes about for ages. 🙂 There are some truly wacky mindsets and priorities out there! For years I’ve paid for massage, energy work and various services. I’ve spoken with people suffering from all kinds of things who complain that whatever the service, it’s too expensive or their insurance won’t pay for it, blah, blah, blah. There is a belief that says that for anything to be an effective healing technique, it has to cost a lot, insurance has to condone and cover it, and it has to be really intrusive and dramatic. It doesn’t surprise me any more, but strikes me as humorous that people are so skeptical of modalities that are gentle, subtle, yet profound…and that don’t cost all that much, really, in the grand scheme of things. Most of the people I know, including my entire family, has some version of this mindset.

All interesting topics to share our views about!

Anita says:

In general, insurance programs do tend to favor interventionists. Primary care and preventive medicine do tend to be undervalued (and underpaid), while interventional cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons, for example, are richly rewarded for healing those who spent years taking poor care of their health and now have to see them as a last resort.

Part of that is the mindset of our country, in general. Americans, overall, have more of a mindset of desiring “instant gratification” and also value outer or “showy” evidence of change, wealth, etc.

So instead of preventing bad health outcomes or saving money for a rainy day, we wait until there’s no other choice but to get the surgery that insurance will cover or buy and spend on credit in order to have the expensive but impressive car that guzzles gas and requires high maintenance.

Life is probably richer for most people if they lived more simply – eating simple but healthy foods and spending their time and energy cultivating loving relationships with others, rather than living stressful lifestyles working in toxic environments with difficult people and eating fatty foods to assuage our guilt and unhappiness, clogging our arteries in the meantime, and developing coronary artery disease that later has to be treated aggressively and invasively.

Brian says:

The last few months have been challenging for myself so any interpretation of the the photo may well be wildly incorrect. Just looking at the photo – I find the smile to be for the photo. There is a pressure in the forehead a tightness in the lips as the smile is put in place by the effort pt in the middle of the cheeks. I also find sadness and the urge to cry and the words “what about me” drift into my awareness.

I loved the bookby Elaine, at the time it was a personal revelation but still although it felt true, there was something missing. Then I found Empowered by Empathy – The start of a 3 day high, ran round telling anybody who would listen – “Somebodies written this book for me, I’m in here.” V. Few people understood but I didn’t care.

Money and Healing is always an emotive subject.
    Neale Donald Walsch made some interesting pts in I think the first CWG bk can’t remember what they were though.

Do what your inner guidance feels is my current opinion which is at the end of the what it boils down to. Those folk who expect it all to be given freely I find usually to be of lesser perception.

Many years ago I did a swimming life saving qualification. There they taught evasion techiniques. Since the person in difficulty would grab for the rescuer and if not careful take them with them. Sometimes I feel that certain people will try this tactic of always free healing to give the healer a guilt trip about money and therefore help form an attachment and try to get them to jump into the same pool.

What is money anyway ? There are times when the substituion of the words Love Vouchers for money have been helpfull.
    As in, please accept this money (Love Vouchers) as an expression of how much I love you to help me heal this problem.
    Money also helps to focus the mind – How much do you want to change ?

Seeing people organise days trips etc. when asked who is interested all hands go up. Slowly they drop out. When there is a non refundable deposit there is near 100% turnout, zero deposit – Zero turnout. Would people turn up for appointments or even ring to warn of non attendance if it was for free ?

It may have been in Energy Medecine by Donna Eden (not sure though), there was a story along the lines of the person who required healing said “Can you come and visit?” When the healer replied, “No, you come to my clinic,” the reply was something like, “But I’m ill.” Anyhow, they made it to clinic; the healing was by now a forgone conclusion.

During my short spritual experience there have been many healers whom I’ve spoken to and they have all at times gone above and beyond the call of duty. Pushed themselves beyond their previous limits, total pure love and compassion for FREE.
    They felt it was the right time, the right place, it felt true in that moment for them and their client.

Besides just by realising who we are who heal others by our presence- Everyday for free.

Do what your heart tells you.

Of course this is today’s opinion, who knows about tomorrow. 🙂

Anita says:

I have also heard it called “block and parry” techniques – what Brian is calling “evasion” techniques. It’s to prevent two people from drowning, the lifeguard and the person being rescued.

I know what Brian speaks of, having witnessed the dynamic he describes many times over, both at my university and in the medical field.

Of course, so many of these people will do the work for something they want – often the same people will go the extra mile to impress a celebrity they don’t know or to buy a coveted designer item but kvetch about buying school books or coffee or shortshrift the waiter or waitress the minimum gratuity. In the meantime, there are girls in Africa risking their lives to walk to school every day.

We do live in paradoxical and complex world. Fascinating in so many ways.

Thank you so much, Ann, Anita and Brian. Golly, Brian, this is the most you have shared so far on this blog, and it is awesome. Evasion techniques, huh? I’ll remember that. 🙂

I agree with you completely about the emotional information you found by doing an empath merge with Dr. Aron. Unfortunately, with all her brilliance, knowledge, and service, she may not yet possess the skill set known as SKILLED EMPATH. With her growing celebrity comes the challenge of being mobbed by people in great pain, not just because they are HSPs.

If you compare her photo in her first bestseller with this more current picture, the contrast is striking. Moving. Very human.

I do wish her all the best, and admire her hugely.

AnnH says:

Great thread…Anita, I’m with you on the overall picture of health and priorities. What’s great, too, is how so many people bond over their illnesses and ailments that need these dramatic interventions. After a ‘past life in my present life’ as a minister’s wife, I was struck by the strong culture of bonding over ailments. “let’s pray for this one and that one and the other one in the hospital…” Of course, lots of folks were getting old and sick, and it’s just where they were in life and sure they needed support, but I found that whole belief system and supporting culture to be just too much. Heaven forbid more focus should be on taking care of oneself so that we don’t get so sick! Sigh…

In my ideal health care system, we who buy organic food, vitamins, health supplements and who spend our money on energy work and wellness-related activities will receive a rebate! 🙂 Incentive for wellness-oriented behavior…I have visualized this in many a grocery store line while paying for healthy food and observing other customer carts piled with junk food.

The interesting thing about all this is that in spite of the goofy beliefs that still run our health care system, the wellness industry is actually the next trillion-dollar industry. Really quite interesting. I’m betting that in the next 10 years, especially after all the truly traumatized soldiers needing lots of healing return from Iraq, the market for wellness will drive our health care system. It’s already started to influence it; there are still lots of folks with the ‘fix it, doc’ mindset.

About money and energy work…I’m actually all for equal exchanges of energy and feel it’s quite important, so I don’t support the old belief that healers should be willing to give away their services. It’s a shift in the role and view of healers and in this culture and economy that I think is actually quite healthy.

John Demartini has written a great book, “How to Get to Heaven and Still Make a Hell of a Profit,” which discusses the metaphysical view of many of these issues. Really good stuff.

>Not only is there a deep angle in that brow, but it starts very early on, close to the nose.

I wonder how this is similar or different from a “unibrow”?

Anita says:

Well, insurance companies do discriminate in favor of those who are well – and they are moving toward penalizing those who are obese, smoke, etc. Hence the fear that so many with “pre-existing” conditions have about losing their jobs or changing jobs and losing their insurance.

I’m not sure where the health care industry is heading, so I can’t comment on that. It may be that there will be a growing split between what the wealthy can afford out-of-pocket – what you are referring to as the “wellness industry” – and basic medical care and coverage. The truly poor and working poor cannot afford to buy organic food and buy all the herbal supplements, vitamins, massage treatments, etc., that the middle class can, particularly if they have one or more seriously ill people in their family. And with the baby boomers now taking care of their aging parents, we’ll see more strain on families and the health care system overall.

I have never believed that healers should be willing to give away their services – that is separate from my belief that people should tithe and volunteer their time and services on behalf of others. One implies a degree of entitlement; the other is offered freely. I have never met anyone who believes that physicians should work for free, for example.

For some, it takes a dramatic loss of health for them to change or to appreciate what they have – and that may be related to a larger karmic or spiritual lesson they are meant to experience.

The other issue is that we may see a rise in compensation for those who provide more superficial treatments – cosmetic surgery, for example, or elite massage therapists to the wealthy. Yet the compensation for those treating the seriously ill and helping in deeper ways still go unrewarded – e.g., helping those returning Iraqi veterans who now suffer from traumatic brain injuries, post-traumatic stress disorder, etc. From what I’ve heard, being a visting nurse assistant is hard work but is not glamorous or financially well-compensated. One might actually earn more income from being providing massage therapy to the elite in a posh salon, yet the need is greater for nurses to provide critically needed care.

Until structures change to reward different behaviors based on our priorities, I don’t know if we will see much of a shift in anyone’s behavior. I’m very much a pragmatist in this regard. I believe in the goodness of people, but I also believe that people are motivated by external reward systems.

It doesn’t apply to just the health care system either. I believe that if you want to see the best people enter go into education and become public school teachers, the public will have to decide education is a high priority and vote for politicians who increase funding toward education and dramatically increase the salaries of public school teachers.

If that were to happen, you’d see more young people dream of becoming a teacher, instead of the next Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan.

Anita says:

Goodness, no. In this day and age, being a Hollywood celebrity is like asking to be a hunted animal. Being chased by the paparazzi doesn’t sound like my idea of a dream come true.

Anita, thanks for those wise words! You mean you don’t aspire to become a Britney? 😉

Sharon, this is good. You’re thinking like a face reader! Angled eyebrows have a hinge in it; I was pointing out an extremely unusual variation in Elaine Aron’s version.

By contrast, a unibrow is one eyebrow, like the one sported by the artist Frida. The meaning is completely different, as I think you’ll find in the eyebrow chapter of THE POWER OF FACE READING.

Yes, that’s where you will find the answer. Otherwise, I refer you to the rules of our blog that prohibit my answering questions about face reading technique: https://www.rose-rosetree.com/blog/?page_id=3 .

AnnH says:

You’ve made lots of great points. My comments about wellness and what I’ve envisioned, after spending lots of my own money out of pocket on my health actually go hand in hand with the notion that very basic health needs ought to be available for all who need them. I didn’t spell that out as part of my vision because it’s been part of my beliefs for so long. It’s just appalling that our nation is so advanced in so many ways and yet so many people go without basic health care.

I’ve been thinking about the type of cultural shift that hasn’t changed entirely, but that has shifted dramatically in even the past 20 years. Look at smoking and drunk driving. Lots of forces have come together to create a huge change in our cultural awareness and behavior on several levels. Of course there are still those who drink and drive and those who smoke (it’s unfortunate that so many of them are now out on the street with their cigarettes, isn’t it?), but the changes really are astounding.

There’s still a long way to go, but there have even been some shifts toward putting healthier food on the market. I think things will continue to shift in this way.

I think that the nonsense about not providing care for those with pre-existing conditions is ridiculous, of course, but I think there’s room for reasonable rewards for healthy behavior and disincentives for unhealthy behavior and I don’t think it would be all that difficult to do.

Rose, thank you for pointing me to the rules. I had not read them and was merely in conversation mode. Apologies for any offenses I may have caused. In good spirit I offer to add to the conversation.

I love what AnnH and Anita have written about not giving healing away for free. I believe that money, like any other form of energy, is there and we need to plug into it. Over and over again I’ve witnessed those who have little money giving what they have to someone who has less and then suddenly finding a $10 bill on the street or getting an inheritance from a long forgotten relative. You can’t be in the flow if you’re not part of it!

When I discovered Aron’s work some years ago it gave some relief to years of being labeled “so sensitive” by my family (compared to what, I wondered?) yet as Rose said, “Slapping on a label, any label, is not going to solve all of life’s problems.” It can give momentary relief because being able to name something makes us feel like we have power to address it. Having a name, or image, or tangible sense, empowers us to decide whether we will accept and own it or denounce it and not allow it into our lives.

Have you ever stubbed your toe and sucked in air and muffled OUCH, or even screamed? That’s acknowledging and accepting the pain. Have you ever stubbed your toe and said “I’m not allowing pain into my body right now”—your brain is more powerful than you know and will respect your choice!

Imagine if most the people “labeled” or even self-labeled as “depressed” chose to not accept the label and put their intention on thinking positive thoughts and getting out of bed to do volunteer work or something that makes them happy?

I know, first hand, how daunting that can be. And I respect that there may be a medical condition we now call depression. I am also proof that one can choose to not accept the label, not accept the drugs, and heal.

As Rose points out, the healing has to be on the auric level—or on levels reaching out from our physical body. I hypothesize that the level of depression—how far in it seems to reach—corresponds to how far out it reaches. In other words…when someone is feeling blue, maybe they have some congestion on the second auric level or so. When someone is mildly depressed, they may have stuff on the fifth and lower levels. When they are majorly depressed, they might have holes or mounds on multiple levels all the way out to the ketheric template body.

Sharon, wow! And thanks!

That idea of recognizing physical pain and not allowing it is new to me, and fascinating.

And, yes, I would agree with your far-out perspective on depression.

At some point it would be interesting to have someone like you, who specializes in the Healing Touch perspective, in the room while I facilitate Regression, just so you can chart the whooshes and whizzes as a client breaks free from patterning at the level of cellular memory, and then the effects reverberate right through the field.

AnnH says:

Sharon, yes, being in the flow of giving and receiving is so important.

I think that the idea of equal exchanges of energy is so important, as well as valuing one’s gifts. There is an energetic matching up that happens, in my experience.

If one doesn’t value one’s gifts and constantly gives them away, how can others be expected to value them? And consequently, how can there be substantial shifts in consciousness in terms of enlightening people about the value of energy work, for instance, if these gifts aren’t valued?

Anita says:

All very interesting points!

One thing I find fascinating, I have to admit, is how many people use what I see as their empathic gift as an excuse to avoid participating in life, rather than having responsibility for taking life on. E.g., “I’m an empath and super-sensitive, so I need to lead avoid people because I can’t be around them.”

Instead, they could say, “I have a wonderful gift for being sensitive to energy and consciousness. It would be great if I read ‘Empowered by Empathy’ and learned how to use my gifts when appropriate and turn down my sensitivity at other times.”

Anita, thanks for plugging my book. LOL

Blog-Buddies, I did NOT pay Anita to write this.

Anita says:

This is true. Rose did NOT pay me to write that comment. But I say it because I recommended that a friend of mine at school buy “Empowered by Empathy,” and she told me it changed her life. She is brilliant AND an empath.