Reading Performers like Chris Cornell

What is there about Chris Cornell? My ears have told me nothing, and that isn’t his fault.

Never have I heard him sing, but Dana, one of our Blog-Buddies, requested this reading, and doing this type of reading belongs in the skill set of anyone interested in Deeper Perception Made Practical. How do you read a performer, any performer you’re curious about?

Start with a face reading of the mouth. Then survey aura databanks related to performance, starting with the throat.

Once you get the hang of this sequence, it’s such fun to use it when buying CDs or DVDs, fun when watching a performance. Reading singers deeper is especially entertaining to use with newspaper photos. What a way to start your morning right! Not only will you become wiser as a consumer. With a good choice of photo, you’ll receive darshan that can wake you up faster than anything from Starbucks.

How do you sort those karmically destined for fame, like Britney Spears and her newly fertile sister, Jamie Lynn Spears, from the ones who deserve acclaim due to their actual performances in this current lifetime? My demonstration of a Performer Reading is my gift to you on our Sixth Day of Christmas.

Here is a link to the photo I used for this reading. Copy it, click and drag on the corners and you can make Chris as large as you like.

A SONGFEST OF A MOUTH

In my system of Face Reading Secrets®, every item of face data corresponds to a definite talent plus a potential challenge. Chris has quite a set of VERY extreme data clustered around his mouth.

Short Lips

Here’s how Chris shares a gift with John Lennon and Elvis.

The talent: Talking one-on-one is his forte. As a performer, Chris will bring intimacy to the largest public performance.

The potential challenge: Too shy to sing in front of a group? Somehow I suspect Chris has overcome this particular challenge.

Ultra Puffy Lower Lip

Have you ever seen more inflation in a lower lip, especially when compared to the upper lip?

The talent: A flirtatious way of charming the listener, playing with the relationship between singer and audience. That lip suggests special performance oomph with a life audience, where Chris can ride the energetic exchange as a great surfer might make the most of every wave.

The potential challenge: Someone who doesn’t want to be charmed or, yes, manipulated, might find this performer extremely annoying.

A Lower Lip to Die For

Most people have a lower lip that is slightly fuller than the upper one. Not Mr. Cornell. He’s more like 1:5. If you’re into envy, that lower lip is to die for. If you are into metaphors and want to go swimming into someone’s lip, this one is to dive for.

The talent: Exceptional persuasiveness helps Chris to put any song across. Just how exceptional is that persuasiveness? Well he could sell diving boards to… manicurists. (You know, usually they’re only customers for cute little emery boards.)

The potential challenge: One person’s persuasive singer is someone else’s overpowering racket. How often has Chris been told that he just is “too much.”?

That Highly Unusual Mustache

Framing your mouth with a mustache like a sharply angled triangle, there’s a bold move. Will it make your listeners feel like the square on the hypotenuse?

The talent: Expressing emotions with deft control, pinpoint accuracy. Also, since this shape appears as a frame for his lip, rather than a lip in itself, Chris scores points for using sexual energy as part of the persuasiveness. If a listener is at all susceptible to the siren song of testosterone, that message will be magnified (and the messenger’s charms will be magnified as well).

Two potential challenges: Will some audience members feel the pull being exerted upon them and resist? Also, the same control that makes for a masterful performance might bring horrendous qualities to a love relationship.

LET HIS AURA PIPE UP

Here I’ll read one databank from the fascinating aura of Chris Cornell. Blog-Buddies, you are invited to read more. But the one you would always check out in a performer’s photo for fun is the following:

Throat Chakra Databank for Performance Specialities

First impressions of Chris can be limiting, but they go by fast. And what follows is truly impressive.

The outer layer of Chris Cornell’s singing isn’t especially memorable. Most human beings, alas, are like this. Someone might overhear our shower performances and think, “So what else is new?”

But maybe the eyecatching hairdo will grab attention while you get used to listening to Chris. The trick is to keep you paying attention for more than the first five seconds. If you’re exposed to his voice for longer than that, aurically you’ll start to receive something very different.

As a performer, Chris has a soul-level gift for waking up a particular component of the listener: The sense of self.

• Who are you, deep inside?
  • Do you feel loved?
  • How much impact does your life have in the world?

Questions like these are biggies for Chris. They’re big in his inner world. And they vibrate through his music like a refrain, regardless of the particular song.

By analogy, think Puccini. I love his operas. If you do, too, you’ll know what I mean by the quintessential Puccini love song. La Boheme? Madama Butterfly? There’s something about all his greatest arias where you recognize a particular calling. He reaches into the deep heart. He sends variations of one song, his song.

Chris Cornell’s music probably doesn’t sound much like Puccini. Does Chris even write his own material? I don’t know, yet. But if I were struggling with my sense of identity and wondering how I might ever matter in this huge world, I would run out right now and buy some of his music. Chris Cornell brings balm to the questioning soul.

Lisa says:

OOH! Very interesting! I love how you weave the two things together: face reading and aura reading. It definitely helps give a bigger picture of the performer. And I’m glad you did this one, too. I was intrigued by Dana’s comment on him and how that would translate out in a reading. Knowing this, I think I will go back and have another listen to his music.

🙂

Ryan says:

I am so glad I know about physiognomy. I have had whole brain lines since I was at least 12. Back then I did not have a clue that face features have meaning, but I always hated having those lines on my forehead until I learned face reading. I was reminded of this a couple of days ago when I noticed that they have become deeper!

DANA’s original request for this reading was this:

I would really love for you to read the aura of Chris Cornell. He has been the lead singer of Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, and Audioslave.

He has sold over 20 million records worldwide and has been called “the single most dynamic rock ‘n’ roll force produced by the Grunge Revolution of the early ’90s.” (quote from msn music)

I went to an Audioslave concert, and his voice and performance blew me away. The energy that he created or facilitated in that auditorium was unbelievable.

I felt like I had been permanently changed, transformed, uplifted. For days afterwards I felt “high” off of that concert. When I went back to work the next day, I felt like I was just filling a role or pretending to be someone.

I didn’t know how to bring that kind of energy into my “everyday” life; the concert and my job felt like two different planets.

Colleen says:

I have never heard one of his records; now I’m interested.

It is amazing how how deeper perception can reveal what is part of “the performance” besides having a certain kind of voice etc.

It makes me think of performers who have a technically beautiful voice, but do not transform the listener as much as someone who has a good or interesting voice and other things are “happening,” so to speak.

I realize that my very choice of beautiful or good are a matter of judgement/opinion. It is so interesting what the aura/face holds and how the potential as well as the gifts of the soul make the difference. Does any of this make sense? 🙂

Dana says:

I am so glad that Rose did a reading on Chris! I want to post a comment about his other chakras soon, but right now I just want to say that it totally makes sense what she said about his throat chakra. I have been questioning who I am for awhile, and Chris Cornell’s music has helped me grow. I have wondered why some of my friends weren’t as crazy about his music, and they probably have not been on the same search for identity as I have been.

I agreed with Rose’s observation that his mustache means that he is:

“Expressing emotions with deft control, pinpoint accuracy. Also, since this shape appears as a frame for his lip, rather than a lip in itself, Chris scores points for using sexual energy as part of the persuasiveness. If a listener is at all susceptible to the siren song of testosterone.”

I am very susceptible to the “siren song of testosterone” and I feel that in his music he does express emotions beautifully and clearly. A lot of his early music with Soundgarden wasn’t as emotionally developed, but in his music with Audioslave his words better expressed his emotions (in my opinion).

I agree with Ryan that knowing about physiognomy brings much better self-esteem. One night my family was actually making fun of my dad’s whole brain lines. I had read Rose’s book “Wrinkles are God’s Makeup,” so I knew that they held a deeper meaning: that he processes things mostly with his intellect. I told everyone this, and my dad was so proud, instead of being ashamed of his “silly wrinkles.”

Lisa, Ryan, Colleen and Dana, thanks for all of your comments. Dana, that reality check from the music itself is especially helpful.

Every musician, every type of artist, has a role in helping us grow. One use of Deeper Perception is to learn more about one’s favorite type of growth; another use is to preview the growth opportunities of any artist.

AnnH says:

I’m enjoying this thread and am inspired by all the blog-buddies who have been studying Deeper Perception longer than I have. In January I will have some time to dig into Face Reading and I am so excited! Perhaps we can begin a thread that is along the lines of sharing about our learning processes and experiences and such, if others are interested. I definitely want to respect the ground rules and not be asking specific questions of Rose, but if anyone is up for it and it seems appropriate, I’d be interested in connecting with others as I start learning in a more focussed way. I’m inspired and intrigued by the comments on physiognomy bringing better self-esteem.

All of these readings are so helpful for me. I’ve had impressions, my brushstrokes, as I like to call them, and each reading illuminates something that has flown by as an impression about that person or someone similar. It feels like I’m getting new glasses with a much sharper focus and I am thrilled with all the nuances I am gradually able to see.

Ann, this is an excellent proposal!

All Blog-Buddies are hereby invited to do an in-depth face reading, or partial face reading, or teeny bit of face reading, about anyone you like. Even better if you start by locating a photo with a link. Email all this to me and we will have a Guest Post, with other comments to follow.

Your understanding of the blog rules on our pages at the top of the blog is perfect! And thank you so much for all of your latest comments, Ann.

Anita says:

This is a great reading and also explains the enormous popularity of many musicians who don’t always have the greatest voices…

It also reminds me of a reading you did of Alanis Morrissette and her ability to affect people because she is a molecular empath. I have to admit I used to wonder why her songs would make me “wake up,” even though I found her voice itself to have a rather nasal quality that I normally don’t find all that appealing.

Her songs influenced so many women I knew when I was in college.

Anita says:

I think the other piece that this reading especially highlights is that all features on a face, including the way facial hair is shaped, is significant. Whether Chris consciously knew it or not, he was shaping and sending a very specific message with the way he manicured his mustache.