Reading Kurt Cobain for Drugs

Kurt Cobain lives cheerfully among the stoners. His poster proclaims it. You can blow it up if you dare, to read along with me, by our usual method of click and copy and drag at the corners. But, as I explain later, I hope that you won’t.

Our 8th day of Christmas is about reading people who take drugs. The late grunge singer makes a fine poster child, as suggested (directly and indirectly) by two of our Blog-Buddies.

MiWi requested that I read him, and Ryan commented, “I have been wondering for a long time how to perceive drug usage when reading a person’s aura. Yesterday I realized that something had recently ‘clicked’ for me. You are right, Rose, that drugs really screw up a person’s third eye.”

Ryan is one of our blog’s very most accomplished readers of Deeper Perception. Ryan, you are right, too. Drugs aren’t glamorous, not to an aura reader. They really do mess with a person’s third eye, and that’s just the start.

HOW TO FIND DRUGS WITH BODY LANGUAGE

Body language has its uses, and one of them is to help reveal a substance abuse problem. Get ready to laugh at how obvious this can be:

It’s a problem when someone needs to wear sunglasses while inside a room.

Sunglasses or not, beware if you see bloodshot eyes, tripped-out eye gaze, dilated pupils etc. Beware of what? For one thing, you would definitely avoid casually reading an aura of someone who might take drugs because you will borrow some of that person’s auric discombobulation. This is not “a contact high.” It’s more like “a contact ouch.”

No aura reader is obligated to move deeply into another person’s experience of acute dysfunction. It isn’t good for you. And if you happen to be wired as an empath, that fortunate 1 in 20 people who will take on other people’s stuff unless you have taken the precaution of turning your gifts OFF, trust me. You really don’t need to go there.

Body language is different. It is Deeper Perception with training wheels. You won’t go nearly as fast or as far as you would with face reading, aura reading, or empath merges. Still, you are moving towards that deeper direction.

And here’s my first official hint about the book I am publishing in 2008: It’s called Read People Deeper: Body Language + Face Reading + Auras. One of the 50 categories in this book explains a variety of ways you can tell if a friend or business associate has a problem with substance abuse. (I will get back to editing that book, and otherwise preparing for publication, after our 12 Days of Christmas.)

Body language provides one more good clue to being under the influence: Exaggeration.

• It could be an ultra-careful walk or bigger-than-normal-life striding.
  • The same goes for gestures.
  • Exaggeration could show in speech that is slowed down or extra-precise.
  • Otherwise, words could be slurred, sloppy, less confident than normal.
  • Volume of voice could be exaggeratedly soft or loud.
  • Then, of course, you may find exaggeration in the social presentation of self, a.k.a., clothing. Here you’ll find Kurt Cobain is wearing one item of clothing that is just a tad larger than normal.

And you thought Cobain just wore those enormous shades because of being a performer? Hey, he could have worn clown shoes. But unless he was a professional clown, that exaggerated sartorial display would mean Warning: Possible Substance Abuse Here.

HOW TO FIND DRUGS BY READING AURAS

To an aura reader, drug use sticks out like the proverbial sore thumb. Long-term use shows; so does the short-term auric fuzz out of a mere one-time high. When hired to do readings at parties, I sometimes read auras rather than faces, but I won’t do this for someone who’s under the influence of recreational chemicals.

Keep in mind that just because you can read auras doesn’t mean that you’d be wise to do it constantly. Every student I teach learns how to turn their gifts off or on. I can’t emphasize enough how important it is not to move in and out reading auras at whim all day long.

Wherever I’ve traveled this year to teach: England, Japan, metro D.C., and that far-out country called “Massachusetts,” I have met people who mistook “being spiritual” for reading auras everywhere, or trying to. Better never to read them at all than to do this to yourself. One of many reasons is – you guessed it — it’s a big deal to make contact with the aura of someone on drugs.

Of course you can learn aura reading techniques. I’d be glad to teach you, and my online Aura Reading Workshop Free Intro is a great opportunity. However you learn, choose a method that makes you more sane, not less. That is what I offer.

Now that I’ve gone through the necessary warnings, two chakra databanks are the tip-offs to drug use, and I’ll read them below for the lead singer of Nirvana.

Root Chakra Databank for Relationship to Objective Reality

It’s cracked. He’s either here or there. Alas, Cobain would so much rather be there than here. The horror of being “here” is enough to make an empath’s skin crawl. Why? Here are two clues from the research I have done on many drug takers:

• Recreational drugs have physiological side effects that are very damaging, making it uncomfortable to be “normal.” (Hence the addiction cycle.)
  • Non-prescription drugs open up gates from one auric body or another to move into an astral-level experience. When coming back into regular consciousness afterwards, a person’s awareness must retraces steps, which can involve going back through a slimy, disgusting level of lower-astral functioning. (This, unfortunately, is Cobain’s plight at the time of this photo.)

Third Eye Chakra Databank for Adjusting to Human Life

Reading auras here you could become a connoisseur of what different drugs do. Personally, I have chosen not to become this kind of expert. I distinguish just these types:

• Alcohol
  • Pot
  • Speed
  • Other (including heroin, cocaine, etc.)

Welcome to the world of “other.” Cobain had a well documented heroin addiction. Here’s how it feels to me:

He lives in a thrilling cartoon-like world where flesh-and-blood boundaries disappear, where you merge and shift with people. Sometimes it happens at will, during the good part of being high. Sometimes you are yanked around, which you accept as part of the price you must pay for the good times.  Sanity isn’t the benefit.

Cobain is visiting the mysterious places, the places between the musical notes. It’s like walking down the sidewalk and falling into a crack; you could spend hours there; it could be delicious; it could be a nightmare; it could be a nightingale; but the adventuring is the point, and it makes you an artist. You think.

HOW TO COPE

Okay, you have found that someone in your life is experimenting. Let’s say you are someone who chooses to use Deeper Perception. You’re someone who wishes to evolve into living with higher, more stable, states of consciousness and do it naturally. What do you do about that artist-adventurer who chooses the lifestyle of taking drugs?

• Avoid the person, if possible. This is easy to do with a new relationship, like a date.
  • If you have a continued but not close relationship, minimize contact. For instance, I have done radio interviews with people who take drugs. Soon as I realized this was the case, I turned my empathic circuits all the way off, using consciousness. And then I had the best conversation I could, no looking back.
  • If the person is close to you, have a conversation, as appropriate. Ask about what is happening. Say you have noticed something. Of course, if that person is your child, make this a very big conversation. I wish every parent today could learn to read auras, of for no other reason than early intervention.

Kurt Cobain has been hailed as the spokesman for Generation X. I never heard him perform live. I have, however, heard a spokesman for my generation, the Baby Boomers. I saw Jimi Hendrix, and he was magnificent. He won a place in my heart just as Cobain did for the hearts of his fans.

Reading people can bring you joy. But it also can bring self-protection. Deeper Perception will tell if someone is taking drugs. It could save your heart, maybe save your life. There is nothing glamorous about the aura of somebody high on alcohol or drugs. Call it a false Nirvana.

Anita says:

Great reading, Rose! Maybe the new plug should be, “This is your aura on drugs.” (The famous one is, “This is your brain on drugs.”)

Karin says:

Dark sunglasses are frequently used by people with severe mental diseases, especially by people who are paranoid, as are unusual head-coverings/hats, partially or completely shaved heads and brows, especially the shaved brows should be a warning sign.

Karin, I didn’t know that. Totally makes sense!

Anita, thank you. When large numbers of people read auras, I do think society will stop glamorizing drug taking. And drinking. And smoking. And anorexia.

We might also vote just a bit better. Bring it on!!!!!

AnnH says:

I’m wondering if anyone has seen a connection similar to what Karin mentioned in relation to body piercings and extensive tattoos. I’ve seen a lot of college kids who are artists who seem to enjoy expressing themselves by having the unusual head-coverings/hats, shaved heads and also piercings, which I personally find awful. It’s very hard for me to look at a person for very long with a piercing on their face. I’d thought that perhaps it was related to physical empathy and my tuning in before tuning off to the sensation of the piercing, but perhaps it’s somehow related to what you described, Rose. I do know that the entire combination has made me uncomfortable, along with the baggy-pants-falling-down style of dress. Perhaps I’ve been picking up on the drugs in the aura. Certainly lots of them smoke, which is sad to see. By the way, if this question breaks the ground rules by being too specific or off track, I apologize!

Yes, the more people know about auras, the less glamorous all of those awful habits will be!

Thank you for another fascinating reading, Rose. This is a wonderful education you’re giving us for Christmas.

Anita says:

With regard to the discussion about tattoos, etc., it really depends on the generation and age of the people involved. It used to be seen as something done by people more on the “fringes” of society, but many mainstream people are also doing it, too, nowadays. In fact, the fact that my ears aren’t double- or triple-pierced is sometimes considered unusual. Even Julie Roberts has double- or triple-pierced ears, as does Scarlett Johansson.

The nose ring can also be cultural. Many women from Southeast Asia have a piercing in their nose, and that has a completely different meaning than if an American one does.

Also, while the baggy pants look might be considered unattractive, it’s considered socially acceptable when teenage guys do it. If you saw a 40-something guy do it, it would be socially inappropriate.

Context is hugely important when making the “diagnosis” of whether someone is mentally ill or lacking appropriate social judgment. I myself have often worn sunglasses into classrooms (I take them off once I sit down) and wear sunglasses around campus because I have the equivalent of a mole on my retina, which can but rarely has developed into a cancer of the eye.

I would say that a lot of leeway is given for self-expression in my university town, especially because we have one of the top art schools in the country here. I’m used to seeing shirts held together by safety pins, tattoos, piercings, etc., and many people tone it down once they graduate – even the hanging off the butt pants!

Oh, the longing, the longing, for those butt pants…. 😉

Anita says:

Using drugs is definitely NOT glamorous. I do think aura reading would help distinguish between the quirky and self-expressive but otherwise normal college student from the person who really is taking drugs and could use some help.

And, yes, it would definitely discourage those who seem to like using drugs recreationally, thinking they are harmless, from doing so – I’m thinking here of alcohol, pot, and shrooms, just to name a few. Many people think these are rather “harmless” and fun, but if they could understand how it damages their aura – the important etheric layers of their being – they might think twice!

AnnH says:

Yes, Anita, this is basically what I was referring to in my previous post…I’m sure that many of the college kids I see are simply expressing themselves in ways that are normal for their age. There are some who seem so spacey and ungrounded and the earlier posts had me wondering about the possible influence of drugs.

Here’s a related idea that might be best posted elsewhere. Rose, I’m wondering if you’ve ever had the opportunity to read the auras of folks having ADD and if so, if you’ve made any connections or observations. I’ve been suspicious of and wondering about the wave of diagnosis and related medicating of so many kids.

Anita says:

Hi Ann,

Not really sure that there was any misunderstanding. I was just trying to point out that what seems like odd behavior may just be quirky, not a manifestation of drug-induced behavior. Depending on the context, it can depend. Since it’s hard to tell, aura reading would be helpful to make the distinction.

I think your previous comment was more about your reaction and how that related to your physical empathy and how that made you feel and react? And you were trying to say that perhaps what made you feel uncomfortable wasn’t their tattoos, body piercings, etc., per se, but rather their drug/substance abuse, which just happened to be associated with their unique manifestations of self-expression?

Tattoos, body piercings, etc., on their own don’t bother me, but the auras of drug users do, and being in a medical environment, I’ve met plenty without the tattoos, body piercings, etc., whose auras show drug use and plenty with tattoos who are clean as a whistle (college/art school town).

Andria says:

Hi Karen,

I wear sunglasses a lot because I get migraines, and a lot of migraineurs wear them where you wouldn’t expect to see a person in shades!

About auras of people who do drugs … I live in a town which is famous for high users. To me they have a kind of oilyness that comes out from their bodies – especially their faces – that’s a mustard yellow-brown in colour, definitely a taint and not one to walk into if one can help it!

I’ve always seen this around heavy drug users.

The picture changes around alcoholics; there, for me, the aura is darker. To be avoided also!

I’m wondering how many people read voices? I’ve done this since I was a child and I used to do it for my partner when he was unsure whether or not to take on a new client. I’d listen over the phone – and I’ve always found that although the eyes can look away (and I know you’re supposed to see the soul in the eyes) you can’t hide from the voice. Try it and see!
    Blessings!

Andria, thank you so much for joining the conversation with your perceptive comments.

About reading voices, I do offer a lot of techniques that expand upon the kind of clairaudience you’ve described here, both in “Empowered by Empathy” and in “Aura Reading Through All Your Senses.”

It sounds like you’re doing just great on your own, though. 🙂

Keep reading and sharing. It’s a treat.

Jordan says:

Well, all this discussion was a long time ago, but it’s still so interesting. All the comments made me really curious about why people choose/desire to get tattoos and/or piercings, and what effect they have an aura after they’re done. I’ve read things about tattoos tearing holes in your energy at some level… don’t know what that means to you, if anything.

I actually had a fairly intense moment of clarity about tattoos when I was 17/18, sitting by the pool. I saw a girl in a bikini and really felt how beautiful her skin was, and then my eyes ran into the tattoo on her back… It was jarring! I felt how it was such a shame, so disappointing that she had this ugly tattoo marring her skin and ruining the flow. It was like spray paint on a tree!

red says:

i think you may be generalizing the aura. i do not know much about it but i can feel when people are really messed up, and not just because drugs. people with mental disorders usually take drugs and the drugs are blamed for their attitudes. some people live happily with certain drugs and i dont feel their aura as bad. again i dont know much, but for some people it can be detrimental while others might even have a very good aura with their drug use. take pot for example, used on moderate doses it can actually open up the third eye better than naturally alone. just a thought

RED, you sweetie! It’s kind of you to shed more light on this topic, since it is so controversial and isn’t merely theory at all for those who are into weed.

There is a big difference, I find, between generalizing about an aura (which, I agree, isn’t very helpful) versus reading people’s auras in depth and detail, paying attention to individual chakra databanks, for instance.

It is based on this kind of detailed research that I share my opinions, and of course I don’t know everything either. IMHO, there is no such thing as “moderate doses” of pot. It’s a slow poison, taken in any amount.

To this aura reader and aura healer, pot is far more damaging than alcohol or cigarettes. STUFF is deposited right in that distorted bit of third eye functioning that you called “open” and I would call “connecting the pot smoker to an astral realm and weakening the pot smoker’s natural connection to human life.”

Another observation is that STUFF, astral-level debris, is deposited in many additional chakra databanks, not just the third eye chakra databank about “Seeking Connection to Spiritual Source.” When people don’t yet do detailed aura reading, they may miss this kind of problem, but the consequences unfold anyway.

Steven says:

Is you aura brown considering how full of absolute [snip] you are? What a bunch of garbage. Thou I give you this if you are making money the P.T. Barnum rule would apply for scamming the suckers. But seriously [snip] you for name dropping Kurt, a dead guy, for your sleazy scam.

Hey, Blog-Buddies, I allowed STEVEN’s comment although it breaks our usual custom of civility.

I just snipped a bit because I thought you regular readers might find it an interesting example of how very much drugs really help people to use their full potential here on earth.

Amanda says:

😀 nice one Rose!

That’s really made me laugh.

Amanda

Kira says:

CreateSpace is asking me for a password to view the item. What password do I need?

Kira says:

Oh, shoot, my comment seems to have been made in the wrong tab. The question about CreateSpace belongs to the post about the hypnosis CD.