Why just read body language when you can add aura readings? The combo is especially powerful when you’re confronted with mysteries like those in this photo of mega-successful singer Beyonce Knowles and her new husband, rapper Jay-Z.
Once you look, really look, at a picture of the couple, you’ll want to use both ways of doing intuitive reading. Because body language alone raises more questions than it answers.
Note: Over time, links can go bad. And legally I don’t have the rights to show celebrity photos, so I can’t display them here other than providing links. But you can easily go over to Google, type in the person’s name and the blog post date, then search on images. Click on a good image, preferably current with the time of the reading here at this blog.
List all the contradictory points of data you find and then compare them to my list that follows. (And then, by all means, comment away with items you found that I didn’t mention.)
1. Jay-Z takes up the wider space, dominating the territory and demanding to be the center of attention.
2. Beyonce parallels his space, adding to it as if to say, “You can be in the spotlight, honey. I’ll be your arm candy.” Note how her leg is angled just like his, without touching, without looking either. Neat trick!
3. Yet Beyonce aims for her own large space vertically, not competing with his kinesphere. How often will you find an arm positioned vertically, as hers is here? Between that and the long, crossed leg, you have quite a parallel declaration that she will take up her own diva space, thank you very much.
4. Both use hands for touching, but not for touching each other. She displays her hair. He holds his other hand plus a prop like a pencil. (Can you tell what that thing is?)
5. Neither looks at each other. They look at the camera. Even worse, they’re looking at different cameras.
6. Jay-Z’s head, shoulder, and knee all angle towards his bride, suggesting that despite a healthy-sized ego, he does care about her. But is that “care deeply” or more “the respect due to a fine acquisition,” like the fabulous grey suit he’s wearing? We’ve all seen the car ads where the hot model uses body language at least as passionate as his appears to be here.
7. Beyonce leans toward her new hubby how? Her bust into his shoulder — that seems to be the extent of it. Hmmm.
Are these just two self-absorbed stars? Do they care about each other at all? Or perhaps they are just very private about their love, having one way to pose in front of the cameras and a completely different style in their personal lives?
Now, I’m rooting for this couple, especially given the rumours that Beyonce may be pregnant. But body language in pictures like the one to my right don’t reassure about the relationship, even if it does lend a certain credence to the pregnancy part.
Jay-Z is claiming ownership this time with his hand on the bump. Once again, Beyonce seems to have little connection with her new husband, more occupied with coyly posing than with showing much interest in him. Only her right arm, leaning against him, gives a clue that she cares much at all.
But I don’t like making quick judgments about people based on body language alone. I remember an interview I did once for a big entertainment magazine. (Haven’t fished out the original clip from my disorganized files, crammed with hundreds of interviews, but I remember what happened quite clearly.)
The premise for the piece was that several stars were photographed repeatedly while doing a quirky facial expression. Jennifer Garner, for instance, had her mouth open in an unmistakably playful — okay, suggestive — manner. My job was to interpret the expressions, which I did by using the same combo I’m advocating in this post.
Fast forward a bit. I was away on travel, in Japan or England, and the editor decided to add a photo of Renee Zellweger, doing that funny little pout that has become her facial signature. A different expert was called in, since I wasn’t available. The gist of the interpretation given, as I remember it, was that Renee was spoiled and blase, chronically dissatisfied.
Sure, that little moue might have such a meaning. But again, it might not. After I returned to America, I taught my Intensive for Empaths. As a group exercise, I gave everyone a copy of the magazine clip. Then I led participants into doing a technique for empathic merge, the Darshan technique from Empowered by Empathy. Each of us merged into Renee.
Did we find anything like being spoiled and blase? Au contraire. Different people had different experiences, of course. (As you know if you’ve read any of my books or studied with me, I aim to help you find your unique truth, not just to copy mine or anyone else’s.)
At this time, Zellweger was at the height of her career, and also at her very thinnest. Aura readings, based on empathic merges, include findings these:
- Disappointed in her life.
- Disillusioned. All the success isn’t what I thought it would be.
- Broken hearted.
- Detached from her physical body.
- Life feels flat and I’m barely functioning.
- I’m trying so very hard to be a good sport.
You see, it’s too easy to call stars (or others) “spoiled” or “self-absorbed.” Sometimes it’s true, but often it’s anything but. Spiritual reading, energy fields, intuitive reading — they offer up a grab-bag of possible observations. It isn’t really adequate to manage a one-second attempt at reading faces, do a quick “good or bad?” version of aura readings, or choose one expression you don’t like, and call that sketch “drawing a meaningful conclusion.”
So aura readings to the rescue, as we observe the shiny new marriage of Jay-Z and Beyonce. That’s where we’ll go tomorrow.