Why crush on David Cook? Bexley emailed me:
I’ve been (too) obsessed with crushing on David Cook from American Idol There are some great discussions on just what it is about this sort of regular — until he gets on stage– guy that has women all in a tizzy.
It’s clear he’s so connected with his high heart and that’s part of what people are getting but there’s more to it than that. I hope you will do me a personal favor and review him on your blog.
AMERICAN IDOL IN ENGLAND
Here’s why I have no preconceptions about David Cook. True confession… I have never watched American Idol except for 15 sad minutes while visiting friends in England. How ironic is that? For my first-ever experience of reality show, I watched the American version of a program that originated in the UK.
Although I can be a big fan of irony, this wasn’t enough to make me like the show. I watched long enough to compare a couple of singers, A. and B. Aura watching their performances, along with seeing the rest of the show, I found that:
A. practiced sending out a truly thick — rather revolting, and definitely fake — facade of sexiness. Also on display was a great deal of sexual energy, ripping out through her belly chakra. No charisma, or other sign of talent, emanated from the woman’s throat chakra.
Unless you count anorexia and provocative body language as talents. (I don’t.)
Oh, yes, what about A.’s singing? To me, it sounded as much like molded plastic as her aura.
When the judges praised A. lavishly, I thought, “Hmm, what kind of show is this, anyway?”
B. sang next, electric with passion. She put everything she had into her performance: Energy poured from her throat chakra (real charisma there). Joy cascaded from her high heart and third eye chakras.
When singing, B. also showed a healthy presence at the root chakra as well, plus a vibrant and authentic sexual energy streaming from her belly chakra.
As a performer, B. had such soul. I loved her voice, her phrasing, even her intonation.
Clearly she was going to be the winner, right? Well, you guessed it. The judges picked apart her performance “for her own good” and threw her off the island.
ANOTHER COUNTRY, ANOTHER PERFORMER
Hey, I’m not going to hold David Cook’s show against him. It’s time to revisit American Idol, at least by reading his aura. As you Blog-Regulars know, I have often read auras of performers from photographs and encourage you to do the same. It’s a great way to savor their talent (or else spot a flash in the pan).
We can be the judges here, comparing aura readings in photos of David when not on stage with David the singer.
Note: Over time, links can go bad. And legally I don’t have the rights to show celebrity photos, so I can’t display them here other than providing links. But you can easily go over to Google, type in the person’s name and the blog post date, then search on images. Click on a good image, preferably current with the time of the reading here at this blog.
Root Chakra Databank for Presence in the Room
- Not Singing: Bexley and other David Cook fans, fair warning: This man is used to being a charmer. He projects a strong, consistent facade of being lighthearted, pretending to be a good time guy who doesn’t take anything very seriously, even himself. Yet he isn’t an alcoholic. This has got to be one of the most charming roles a man can play. Singing apart, here’s reason enough to set up serious crushing in some women.
- Singing: David becomes very confident, very masculine. Athletic ability must be part of his past. (Do any of you Blog-Buddies know?) He shows that kind of confidence, competing on the field as someone who really expects to win.
Belly Chakra Databank for Sex Appeal
- Not Singing: Enthusiastic, playful, youthful sexiness — David is well endowed. His puppy-like vibe could easily evoke puppy love.
- Singing: Aw, I’m actually starting to like this guy. How refreshing that he isn’t doing anything revolting or hyped up or prostitutional (Yes, I know that’s a made up word). The same sexiness shows as David has the rest of the time, and it blends nicely with his amped-up root chakra presence.
Solar Plexus Chakra Databank for Self-Confidence
- Not Singing: Self-confidence can be made, not born. Clearly that is the case with David Cook. The scar tissue at this aura databank suggests that he has had to overcome childhood experiences with at least one authority figure who got jollies from belittling him. David has found ways to keep himself whole, even like himself, without carrying forward the pattern of nastiness.
- Singing: Courage has to carry David while singing. Confidence alone won’t do the job. Confidence deserts him. To his credit, David doesn’t project a fake kind of confidence, nor does he push the slight undertone of vulnerability, making it into a kind of schtick. No, there’s just lack of self-confidence and a subtle-body connection to his Courage databank. So let’s read that one next.
Root Chakra Databank for Courage as a Performer
- Not Singing — Would that still count as performing? Hey, posing for publicity shots like the one here, he’s still clearly performing: It’s like an athletic event. David knows he has physical intelligence and physical courage. This is what he draws on, other than making contact with his emotional, intellectual, or spiritual circuitry.
- Singing: Again, a purely physical courage shows here. He’s like a soldier on the battlefield, “Don’t trouble yourself about what you feel now. Shove it away, in the background and focus on moving your body. Go through the motions, that’s all,and get through this.”
Heart Chakra Databank for Emotional Self-Awareness
- Not Singing: David is emotionally generous in a non-empath sort of way. Mostly he’s aware of simple feelings, not paying much attention. When someone likes him, he notices right away. Does he have much other awareness about other people’s emotions? No, he’s more likely to notice the physical aspect of people than the emotional, intellectual, or spiritual aspects.
- Singing: Oh, the yearning he projects from this databank. From all the heart chakra databanks, actually, one powerful cry goes out: “Like me, love me.” It’s an honest searching, and not terribly complicated. Emotionally, David isn’t fussy. Any kind of liking him will do just fine.
Throat Chakra Databank for Performance Talent
- Not Singing: Popularity matters to David. He pitches all his communication to win people over, make friends. Yes, it’s called charm, and the facial equivalent is his slightly crooked smile, angling just a bit toward the right side of his face and also tilting upwards a bit more on the right.
- Singing: He’s a crowd pleaser. A big energy pours out, energy large enough to fill the studio, pop in through your TV set or your computer screen. David really, really, wants people to like him. He pours energy out with that single intent, so the simplicity itself adds power to his performance. Simplicity like that might bore you after a while or it might become addictive with its familiar, very accessible, quality.
High Heart Chakra Databank for Soul Thrill
- Not Singing: As Bexley noted, David has an uncommonly strong high heart connection. When it comes to his desires as a human being, he is honest, unpretentious, very self-aware. Interest in going for what makes him happy, without needing extra complications, helps David to come across as authentic.
- Singing: This man just loves to sing. Especially the part about reaching out to others, seeking and winning popularity: It really thrills his soul. A subtle, but real, Divine connection comes through him this way. Not otherwise terribly interested in religion or spirituality, as shown in his third eye (whether singing or not), David’s concert hall is his sanctuary.
CAST YOUR VOTE
Those of you Blog-Buddies who, unlike me, have actually heard the man sing, isn’t David Cook’s likeability the main quality you notice? I wouldn’t expect great vocal range or subtlety, more a voice that finds its way into your heart.
Here is what I find most interesting about today’s aura readings of David Cook. As a person, he is mostly physically oriented. As a performer, he is physically oriented, too.
Unless you read auras, you’re unlikely to appreciate what a big plus this is for anyone who aims to be a crowd pleaser. For those of you who are like Bexley, soooooo developed in the higher chakras, a super-physical fellow like David has a grounding influence. He makes fans like you feel peaceful, more emotionally stable, temporarily causing life itself to feel simpler.
Normally, is your emotional life a whirlwind? Do you stop to analyze mostly everthing, further heating up that sizzling intellect? How much does spiritual life move you around, whizzing you through space and time and endless seeming quests for self-improvement?
Crushing on David Cook could become your vacation.
Yet David still has much to offer if you’re a simple person, like him. Maybe you’re young, or just a young soul. Maybe you’re into sports or body building or the celebrity culture or high-performance cars, and this is your life. Chances are that your chakras would stack up very much like David’s. He becomes crush material just because he is “just like me.”
Reading David Cook, I think of other performers whose performance gift/charm/charisma is mostly physical: Tom Cruise, Nick Lachey, Miley Cyrus, Paris Hilton, Katherine Heigl, John Travolta, Amy Winehouse.
Bottom line: It’s not politically correct to say we like certain celebrities because they aren’t exceptional, except for a pleasing physical appearance and inwardly being oh-so-down-to-earth. But the fact remains. We crush on what we need.