Reading auras and doing face readings this campaign season, let’s devote a few days to honor my very favorite pundits.
None do I hold higher than Doris Kearns Goodwin. I’ve read her marvelous autobiography as well as some of her historical nonfiction (Kennedy, Johnson).
Perhaps you have, too. And she has become familiar over the decades to those of us who watch election coverage on public television.
At best, political pundits give us wisdom, historical perspective, and the benefit of exceptionally sound judgment. All this flows from Goodwin as effortlessly as your typical couch potato can grunt. Listening to her covering the Democratic Convention, I was reminded that she really speaks like a writer.
So many people today call themselves “writers.” Publishing your own book is likened to printing a “calling card.” Few who write with this motivation realize that a badly written book, unedited, with a dismal cover and even worse inner design, serves as a calling card, all right. It proclaims: “I’m a fourth rate practitioner in my field.”
Kearns, by contrast, is truly first rate. It shows in how she strings together those pearl necklaces called “sentences.” Doris speaks in paragraph-long sentences, each one creatively constructed, precise, and flowing. Her transitions from sentence to sentence, thought to thought, are nothing short of magnificent.
Hearing her recently, I wondered what would flow from her pundit-relevant chakra databanks.
THE FACE-AND-AURA PUNDIT READS DORIS
With all those 800+ media interviews I’ve done, I suppose I could be considered a pundit myself. Make that a pundit who prefers to go beneath spin, using Deeper Perception. So let the pundit read the pundit!
Reading the Pulitzer prize winner, I’m going to compare her “just being Doris” with Doris in action, giving us a piece of her mind. For money. As the very best pundits are paid to do. This picture will be a basis for that part of today’s aura reading.
Note: Over time, links can go bad. And legally I don’t have the rights to show celebrity photos, so I can’t display them here other than providing links. But you can easily go over to Google, type in the person’s name and the blog post date, then search on images. Click on a good image, preferably current with the time of the reading here at this blog.
Throat Chakra Databank for Talent as a Public Communicator
- Just being herself: Blunt, frank, far more sarcastic than one might expect, and impatient with people who are lazy thinkers.
- On the spot, before millions of viewers: Focused, careful to pace herself and be extra disciplined. It’s a kind of logical hoop jumping that Goodwin must have learned in the academic part of her career.
Throat Chakra Databank for Personal Belief While Speaking Publicly with Other Pundits She Personally Dislikes
- Just being herself: Doris can be passionately opinionated. She strongly prefers being able to voice, justify, and elaborate on her convictions. The mincing, proper dance of official punditry is something she has learned to do well, but at heart she’s a waltzer.
- On the spot, before millions of viewers: Here she’s very, very careful not to let her feelings show too much. I feel something from the past about her having been criticized for speaking “too much like a woman.” Perhaps part of her academic background? Or maybe it comes from being a pundit long before the days of Fox news, when pundits and broadcasters were actually held to a dignified standard.
Solar Plexus Chakra for Flow of Thought During Conflict
- Just being herself: What sustains Doris, personally, is being a scrappy fighter. She has a hard-won confidence, which serves her better than mere social tricks like poise.
- On the spot, before millions of viewers: Kearns-Goodwin tethers her awareness to her intellect. She puts emotions aside. Under pressure, she redoubles her focus on ideas, rather than feelings.
Third Eye Chakra Databank for Spiritual Integrity
- Just being herself: Doris dazzles. She has a passion for the sacredness of political life, for the good that politicians can do to change history. As part of this, she has an instinct for spotting the actions that really make a difference. There! That’s the one! It’s a kind of spiritual-historic birdwatching.
- On the spot, before millions of viewers: The humility is lovely. Here’s a pundit-performer who really knows how to step aside and be of service, educating and clarifying the truth as she perceives it. Speaking in this very public kind of way, feels very graced.
High Heart Chakra for Soul’s Reaction to Doing This Work
- Just being herself: Doris shows some connection, because her career suits her so well. Yet she has made many sacrifices and been through searing difficulties, also. At the time of this photograph, she is working very, very hard, pushing herself beyond what is really comfortable for her nervous system at this time.
- On the spot, before millions of viewers: Yes, the connection now is complete. When she’s actually doing the speaking, she dances. This is different from the other time-consuming aspects of her job. I doubt there is anything else in the life of Doris Kearns Goodwin that can compare to this delight.