Unflappable Obama, Smiling McCain — Aura Reading, Face Reading, and Body Language

Annette Bening Aura Reading

Unless you do Aura Reading, what are you to make of the extreme Obama calm that shows in debates like the one last night? In front of my TV, I started aura reading both candidates from the moment they entered.

Blog-Buddies, using deeper perception, do you ever feel like an interpreter who does simultaneous translation? For me it’s not just English + Body English (i.e., Body Language), but also Face Reading and Aura Reading.Moderator Bob Schieffer  set the pace. Ever notice how those ultra-smooth broadcasters change one piece of facial expression punctually every two seconds? It’s like a visual cuckoo clock, only speeded up.

TOO SCARED TO DO AURA READING ON OBAMA?

Is Obama “too good to be true”? Where does his serenity come from? Is it “Idolotry” if you are dazzled by him?

I’ve heard many comments, on this blog and off, where inquiring minds want to know if there could be some horrible sinister reason why Barack doen’t ever seem to get riled.

Thank goodness for Aura Reading, especially when done without fear or suspicion, etc. Then what you find may not always be positive, but at least it is likely to be accurate. When I teach Aura Reading workshops, I caution students not to read auras if they are angry, unhappy, frightened, or drunk. In a political campaign with highly charged emotions on both sides of the aisle, it really is better not to start off with the preconception that someone is an evil, sneaky terrorist.

Terrorists and dictators don’t have identical auras, anyway. In archives of my e-zine, you’ll find Aura Reading and Face Reading articles about Bin Laden (aura reading showed chronic terror in HIS aura, starting at the root chakra) and Hussein (I especially remember a face reading him at the height of his bullying exploits, when a Macho Knob took up at least 25% of the length of his face; aura reading showed great insensitivity and self-absorption seasoned with cruelty).

Last night, cheerfully perched in front of my TV (and not drunk, etc., I promise) my Aura Reading Preparation Process complete, I watched the candidates sit down at the table. Within two minutes, I went “Aha!”

AURA READING JOE-THE-PLUMBER’S NEW BEST FRIEND

That great new buddy, Joe T. Plumber, is probably close friends with Joe-Sixpack. Unfortunately, I never got to do aura reading on him last night. But on John McCain, you betcha.

Aura Reading McCain, his intellect was the best I’ve seen it in any of these debates. Not only was it the biggest Aura Reading databank that I found in the Arizona senator last night, but the quality at the outset was just great: Organized, vibrant, confident, ready to go.

McCain is a really bright man, and I don’t think there’s any question that he is far smarter than either his hero Ronald Reagan or that big intellectual now in the White House.

Another plus for McCain, starting off, was the lack of anger in his aura. Often this is a big problem for him… as it proved to become as the debate progressed. But his initial aura reading showed a brave debater.

John’s big problem? Size. Guys, I have to tell you that size really counts… in an aura, especially when you are up against Mr. Radiance.

Comparing all-around aura size, the difference between the candidates was overwhelmingly clear. Aura reading for size, I’d put the ratio between McCain and Obama, at the start of Debate #3,  at 1:40.

AURA READING SHOWS AMAZING GRACE

In a country where so many people openly profess their religion or brag about it, guess what? It still feels odd to write about people’s haloes.

But aura reading of Obama shows not only a huge size but qualities like joy, authentic spiritual connection, and knowing how to get out of the way, so that he can bring in as much light as possible.

Religious and/or spiritually oriented people, in theory, value surrender. How many of us proclaim the equivalent of “Let Thy will be done”! Well, if you would like to see how its’ done, try some aura reading of Obama. While he’s debating, you’ll find spiritual humility galore .

Not sanctimoniousness. Not boasting about his great relationship with The Lord. Merely a genuine experience.

Connected in that way, Obama stayed inwardly serene from start to finish at last night’s debate. As the conversation progressed, McCain tired intellectually. By the close, the size of his aura projection overall was down by half. Obama, by contrast, expanded during his closing speech, shining with even more grace-filled, serenity charged, sumptuous light.

Aura reading ratio, comparing size again, at the two closing statements, McCain:Obama. I’d say 1:500.

AND NOW FOR SOME SMALL STUFF

Before ending this post here are a few other aura reading and body language observations from that debate.

Aura Reading Tidbit #1: After that initial handshake, McCain had to recover aurically. Dislike of his opponent was clearly strong. McCain’s aura threw off droplets of “contamination.” Picture a dog getting out of a bath, shaking off all that “nasty” water.

Body Language Tidbit #1: McCain’s words, when greeting Obama, were, “Good to see you again.” Yet McCain’s eyes were carefully averted. Thus began McCain’s first mixed message of the evening.

Aura Reading Tidbit #2: Praising Palin was the only time that McCain’s aura showed out-and-out lying. By now, he doesn’t believe his own line any more that Palin is competent as a potential veep or, even, president.

Lying is a serious charge. I base it on doing all three of my Aura Reading Lie Detector Tests.

• Throat Chakra Databank for Verbal Integrity: Big lying, and the now-familiar complex patterning for the once honorable McCain, where he lies, feels ashamed, rationalizes some, denies some, and then soldiers on.
  • Solar Plexus Chakra Databank for Power Integrity: Power dynamics show anxiety and confusion. McCain lies about what he has done, stifling his conscience, soldiering on (as if acting like an Energizer Bunny were somehow a substitute for integrity).
  • Third Eye Chakra Databank for Connection to Spiritual Source: Blacked-out spiritual connection proclaims that McCain has lost touch with someone. Himself. Pretending to be not ashamed of himself, pretending to be spiritually okay, is he fooling himself? No. And this part of the aura reading suggests that here, right in this potentially exquisite part of his aura, McCain suffers from the most bitter, systemic, and enduring lying of all.

Aura Reading Tidbit #3: Wonder what was going on in McCain’s aura right after each little dig? Anger. The entire debate could be viewed as an aura reading case study in mounting anger on the part of McCain.

In my opinion, having to repress anger was responsible for his many (and uncharacteristic) slips of the tongue during the debate.

Body Language Tidbit #2: Dizzying sequence of numbers in my statistics, huh?

Differently dizzying was the body language that followed McCain’s verbal attacks when debating. I’m not sure he was always on screen immediately after every one of those attacks, but when he was, did you notice? Usually he gave a closed-lipped, sanctimonious smile. That would be more mixed message between body language and aura.

Once I caught John doing the reptilian lip lick, the one where the tongue darts out and licks the upper lip only.

Aura Reading Tidbit #4: By the time in the debate when insurance was being discussed, McCain’s intellect was all tuckered out.

Why did aura reading show him become so tired as the debate wore on? No, I wouldn’t blame it on age. I’d blame it on anger — having to deal with it, stifle it, conceal it. Aura reading, anger is clearly McCain’s greatest vulnerability as a politician.

Face Reading Tidbit #1: I’ve written elsewhere about face reading on both candidates, and one of the beauties of face reading is that the data can’t be faked during a debate or any other time.

Sure, both candidates crammed for this event, but short of cramming a cheese stick straight up one nostril, there’s not going to be much change in facial features at a debate.

However, I did notice one thing that would fall into the Face Reading category. McCain doesn’t always show an underbite, but this was in evidence as the debate wore on.

In my system of Face Reading Secrets®, every item of face data corresponds to a talent. There’s also a potential challenge.

That underbite corresponds to tenacity, extreme use of will for pure survival. McCain soldiering on — isn’t that one of the things that makes him most admirable? Despite his many policy flip-flops since 2007, that tenacity has never wavered.

The potential challenge with an underbite is being willing to do anything, absolutely anything to win. Nixon showed a lot of underbite, too, right before he was forced to resign. (If you read the final chapter of Wrinkles Are God’s Makeup, you’ll find four Nixon photos and some of the most dramatic face data changes you’ll ever see on anyone. All those physical changes were meaningful, of course. That’s why people like me get hooked on face reading.)

Final Tidbit, with Aura Reading and Body Language Combined: While watching McCain, as the debate progressed, did you ever feel as though you were visiting The Old Taxidermy Shoppe?

Listening to his opponent, John seemed to be slightly stuffed, with fixed eyegaze, hardly breathing.

This isn’t just the opposite of relaxed body language, like Obama’s easy way of listening to him — sometimes wary, sometimes analytical, but never frightened.

Aura reading to the rescue! Why did McCain increasingly look like a hunting trophy, hung on a wall? Anger!

Stuffing all that anger — and more and more of it as the evening progressed — is what made John McCain seem to be, well, stuffed.

And not, as Shakespeare wrote in The Tempest, “such stuffed as dreams are made on.”

Fatoumata says:

Hi Rose:

This is awesome! I could not wait to see what you had to say.
    I did not do an official aura reading because I ended having an impromptu debate party. But as always, I concentrate on neutralizing my mind, and preparing my third eye to reslly “see” what is going on.

With intuition I felt everything you said, and all of my company remarked on McCain’s body language and “nasty-nice” smile.

Immediately afterwards, a CNN correspondent said that McCain was sitting there looking like “Grumpy McNasty”. It was hilarious but the best way to describe it.

What was even more interesting is that after the debate McCain made an extra attempt to be enthusiastic as he shook Obama’s hand, so much so that it was a little over the top.

My friend said, “Wow! He’s like a kid, he can’t contain himself.”

Very interesting night where McCain could have turned things around, and I was even proud of him in the beginning. But he could not get control of his rage, and disdain for Obama.

I think he has a combination of disdain, and intimidation. It is obvious that he is intimidated by Obama. If you TRULY believe that you are better than someone, you should be able to look at them, perhaps even down at them.

Jordan says:

Ooh I’m so glad you did this debate too. I am absolutely dazzled by Obama, and not ashamed.

I think it’s interesting when people display their own take on Obama’s “coolness” — it usually says more about the person describing him than about Obama himself (although I like to think that’s not the case with me, and even if it is, my take says something good about me, haha).

For example, this morning, someone on NPR was equating his “coolness” to “self-discipline”. I think Obama’s “coolness” is better described as peace. He is at peace on the inside, so there is no need for constant self-discipline.

It is not as if Obama is constantly disciplining himself and stifling negative emotions, though I guess observations like this are not as obvious to everyone. It is just WHO HE IS. And I think it’s who we all are, if we can become as fully ourselves as Obama. I’m sure McCain would be pretty “cool” if he got rid of all that anger that hinders him (and all that other stuff).

Joyce says:

Great info and I think most is true for most of it. I question still though the serenilty issue. George Bush had that same appearance outwardly and “knew” he would win because he had the spiritual experience that he also that he was to become president. Most people don’t know that so if so, he has been a very brave/courageous man trying to obey his God. I sure can’t prove that and who wants to argue someones relationship with their God?

2 different personalities of course so My big question is have you seen the latest newsletter from Karen Bishop. She too has a worldwide following
    I have felt since day one that there is a reason no one could vote him out of office, not even the recounts or the judiciary leaders could stop him from being president so why?? So I recognized the influence of some very powerful forces at work and sat back to watch. Karen covers that too. It appears that this is the same thing, some very powereful forces at work and at this point it would be be best for me to sit back and watch it evolve. It’s what I mean when I say, “time will tell” apparently he is the best choice to bring about the changes in the world karma and our place in it. I recognize and see the world wide attitude about Obama where he is idolized everywhere and greeted as a great leader. That’s between him and his God. But I’ a Joe the plumber and will ask questions as long as I feel that I have a choice and need those questions answered. I suspect a lot of us feel that way but many do nothing but fret about it.

All of the personalities could be subject to ridicule and humorous skits on SNL and talk shows but I see trepidation still around Obama and his power over people. I havn’t personally seen any poking fun of him or Michelle or even Joe Biden. If he’s president, will he blacklist them??? How the media who speaks openly, will they be treated fairly after the election?
    So I will sit back and watch it unfold. thanks for all your valuable insights and info. Blessings, Joyce

Joyce says:

Oh Well, Never mind it’s all part of the comedy of errors and I can still laugh at how the characters play out their very serious roles. I hope you all got to see the comedy at the Alfred Smith memorial where we really did get to see them together in a social situation. I laughed and laughed with pleasure to see how they really are together.

McCain was hilarious and got loud rounds of laughter and applause. What color is laughter in the aura? I can’t see it but I can feel it.

I have come to the conclusion that McCain stresses over the issues, not the opposition. That could be an understandable reaction showing up as rage in an aura.

Most auras changes as the feeling of the indevidual feels about anything.

I have Aura photos of my Aura that show mine doesn’t change no matter how the reader tried to make them change for the photo. They remain violet and white.

Most photos I see show beautiful colors and several in each individual. Exotic beautiful colors wide around the body and flashing brightly so does that mean something is wrong with me or my aura? Well perhaps. I couldn’t see the edge in the photo so where was it?

But maybe I can get Joe the plumber to fix it.

Thanks for the opportunity to express a few of my thoughts, Blessings, Joyce

JOYCE, your ideas are always welcome.

In this case, you have given a great example of how ridiculous it is to depend on aura photos for a reading.

They’re colorful. They’re fun.

But if you want a quality aura reading, you’ll find that a person with good quality skills can do a much better job of giving you information than any photo.

The idea that your aura would always be the same is something you might question, Joyce.

Joyce says:

That’s what I thought too, Rose. The question lingers in my mind but there was more info in the report than that and I should have mentioned that, too. I was tired and had no business forming a reply. I woke up determined to express that thought and apologize for any remarks that sounded contrary. What you do is too important and my thoughts were idle musings at the end of a long day of many important issues. The reader actually said that it indicated to her that I was unaffected by my surroundings and her thoughts and that it was an indication of my inner strength and my sense of peace.

She was a degreed Doctor of Metaphysics, so at the time I just accepted her thoughts. The report went on to reflect her findings of the rest of the chakras. I still don’t think that there was anything wrong with my aura or her finding for that time and that moment. I have had other readings too but not just an aura reading.

The methods you have developed over the years are sound and I can tell that you considered them deeply and with serious thought. I think we are very blessed to have you as a sounding board and teacher through – this time period especially – and if I appear to question any of your conclusions, it is simply a way of testing my own theories against yours raising them at your site allows you and other interested readers to respond with their take on it. I think we all benefit from the discussion and it allows you, the moderator, to bring out important considerations.

The quest for truth being uppermost in our minds and the need to have an exchange of ideas even more important for all of us. Thank you for providing the forum.

I didn’t expect to have a response till after the election but the subject matter is important to all of us or we wouldn’t connect to the site and your message. IF it generates feedback, it is doing it’s job.

Blessings, Joyce

Fatoumata says:

Hey All!

I am happy to see some new posts. Been on hiatus for a day or so. Anyway, before I comb through the new stuff, I wanted to share this video that was sent to me about McCain’s rage. i thought it interestin because it confirms Rose’s aura reading and empath-merge, but get this, these were simply people who knew him, not necessarily empaths, but people who witnessed his anger erupt. Yikes! Here’s the link.

Joyce:

I got to see footage of the dinner and really enjoyed seeing McCain in that light. He was immensely funny and when he got to complimenting Obama I felt like it was very sincere. He DOES lose it over things, but I think has the ability to seperate that from hating the person. They both were funny and it was nice to see Barack poke fun at himself. Barack “Steve” Obama! Lol! Lol!

LAURIE has this comment to post:

Enjoyed reading your analysis on your website…..it confirmed some of my own intuitions about McCain’s smile, and Obama’s calmness…..you are amazing!

Lisa says:

I thought watching that roast the other night (what little I sat through) was painful. Perhaps it’s that I never did like the roast format or something but I was supremely uncomfortable watching McCain.

And when they showed Obama, I could feel his forced laughter – like he’d rather be anywhere but there.

I dunno, the whole thing felt forced and false to me. I had to get up and shake off the bleah …. (perhaps I had my empath-ometer up too high, eh?)

FATOUMATA, I did see the UTube video at:

I would consider sending it to anyone who is still “undecided” about this election. Powerful!

Ave says:

I genuinely like Obama, as so many people do. I admire the spirit and vision he brings to the table. I do not question his grace or spiritual attributes.

My only problem with him is I wish he could have waited until he’d built up the experience and knowledge needed to be President of the USA.

I realize that the majority of the nation is once again electing a man to the highest office based on image, symbolism, and how he makes them feel rather than the capabilities to get the work done.

It is a huge responsibility to effectively run a large nation like ours with all the complexities that come with it. Yes, I like Obama. He is likeable and an inspiring man.

Yet I know he has very little experience running anything. Yes, he worked as a community organizer for a couple years and that is wonderful. But most of his time in the senate he was not really present (voting “present” + running for prez). He really did not contribute much during his senate time.

Look at what he actually got done there–It is not impressive.

It’s almost as if he wasn’t there. What is impressive is his ability to get elected, his ability to place himself in positions of power, to inspire others with his image (and perhaps as stated here, it is more than an image and is simply who he is). However, what should matter is not how he makes us feel, but his capabillites and experience.

And to be honest, he must have some issue with his ego if he thought it would be wise to run for president on his resume and lack of experience. Either that or he doesn’t have the judgment and intelligence we all hope he has.

Fatoumata says:

Hey Everybody, fatou is back on the scene…

Ave I underatand your point of view but, I do not thibnk it is fair to say that barack has ego issues because he ran for Presidnet. History is full of unlikely, inexperienced heroes, who had a certain quality if being “ordained” for what they were going after. These “heroes” had a certain innate wisdom and humility that allowed them to overcome the obstacle of experience. They were also motivated by goodness and love.

Even our media is filled with these sorts of themes. Who’s to say that it can not happen in real life.

I don’t know if you ever saw the documentary about him and McCain by Frontline on pbs.org. (It can be viewed online there) It gives such good infornation on both of them and you can see what motivates them.

Also, in that documentary you can see that there were a lot of people around Obama when he first started that were excited about him and sort of nudged him in the Presidential direction. He was actually reluctant at first due to his experience. (I am also speaking as someone that has a dance troupe and had no managerial experience of formal dance training, but as it stands, we have been doing an awesome job)

From what I see in Barack, he is humble enough to surround himself with people that know more than he does. I really think he will be great and doubt that he can screw things up any worse than they are now. I actually have a lot more respect for McCain now than I did, but still believe that his ideas are antiquated and not in line with the direction that the world is going. Barack may be wiedely inexperienced, but just thing about the inspiration that would come from him getting in office and actually doing a great job. I’m pretty optimistic. 🙂

Ave says:

Good point, Fatoumata. I’ll be voting for him for the same reasons you expressed. I just realize it is a bit of a gamble and wish he did have the experience to back up all the hopes and inspiration. Then I’d have no qualms!

I do like McCain and know he’s been tested and knows how to operate in this arena, its just I don’t care for the direction/agenda he’d take us, and I do feel the Republican way is not the right direction for the country at this time.

If there ever was a Republican I could vote for, it would be McCain, but I just can’t bring myself to do it. I like him and think he’s a capable force.

I like Obama’s ideals much more but can only cross my fingers and hope he has the skills to follow through, make it happen, and not take us into a ditch. LOL But I’m HOPING he can pull this through and make it happen! I’m someone who values results more than image or lofty speech.

‘MIRANDA’ is a blog-buddy who decided to give you — and others with the same concerns — a rather full answer. So sit back, keep that mind open, and consider this:

AVE’S comment:

From factcheck.org re: voting PRESENT while in the IL state senate
    He did so 129 times, which represents a little more than 3 percent of his total votes.
    We’ve received a number of questions from readers asking us how many times Sen. Barack Obama voted “present” in the Illinois state Legislature. The issue was raised by Hillary Clinton in January, when she accused Obama of “taking a pass” on tough issues. Clinton’s line of attack has now been picked up by Republicans. It was renewed Sept. 3 in a speech to the Republican convention, not by vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin as our questioner recalls, but by former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

Giuliani, Sept. 3: And nearly 130 times, he couldn’t make a decision. He couldn’t figure out whether to vote “yes” or “no.” It was too tough. (Laughter, Applause) He voted — he voted “present.” (Boos) I didn’t know about this vote “present” when I was mayor of New York City. Sarah Palin didn’t have this vote “present” when she was mayor or governor. You don’t get “present.” It doesn’t work in an executive job. For president of the United States, it’s not good enough to be present.

Palin and others have picked up this applause line since. As reported by the Chicago Tribune blog “The Swamp”:

Palin (Sept. 4): “We don’t have a ‘present’ button as governor,” Palin said after an appearance before fellow Republican governors in Minneapolis. “We are expected to lead, we are expected to take action and not just vote ‘present.’ ”

Four days later, the attack was repeated by GOP presidential candidate John McCain:

McCain (Road to Victory Rally, Sept. 8): One hundred and thirty times as a member of the Illinois state senate, [Obama] refused to vote. He voted present.

Here are the facts: According to reports by both The New York Times and the Associated Press, Obama voted “present” 129 times as a state senator. The AP reported that Obama said the votes represented a small portion — a little more than 3 percent — of the “roughly 4,000” votes he cast as a member of the state Senate.

The Illinois state Legislature allows members to vote “present” rather than “yes” or “no.” The Times reported in December that “present” votes provide a way for lawmakers to voice opposition to an issue. Such votes can also help them avoid the political fall-out of voting “no”:

AVE continues: Look at what he actually got done there–It is not impressive. It’s almost as if he wasn’t there.

From Democratic Underground:
    COMMITTEE ASSIGNMENTS:
    Obama holds assignments on the Senate Committees for Foreign Relations; Health, Education, Labor and Pensions; Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs; and Veterans’ Affairs, and he is a member of the Congressional Black Caucus.

————————-

As a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Obama made official trips to Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. In August 2005, he traveled to Russia, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan. The trip focused on strategies to control the world’s supply of conventional weapons, biological weapons, and weapons of mass destruction as a first defense against potential terrorist attacks.<61>

Following meetings with U.S. military in Kuwait and Iraq in January 2006, Obama visited Jordan, Israel, and the Palestinian territories.

He left for his third official trip in August 2006, traveling to South Africa, Kenya, Djibouti, Ethiopia and Chad. In a nationally televised speech at the University of Nairobi, he spoke forcefully on the influence of ethnic rivalries and corruption in Kenya.

Obama worked with Russ Feingold (D–WI) to eliminate gifts of travel on corporate jets by lobbyists to members of Congress and require disclosure of bundled campaign contributions under the “Honest Leadership and Open Government Act”, which was signed into law in September 2007.

He joined Chuck Schumer (D-NY) in sponsoring S. 453, a bill to criminalize deceptive practices in federal elections, including fraudulent flyers and automated phone calls, as witnessed in the 2006 midterm elections.

Obama also introduced the “Iraq War De-Escalation Act”, a bill to cap troop levels in Iraq, begin phased redeployment, and remove all combat brigades from Iraq before April 2008.<68>

Later in 2007, Obama sponsored with Kit Bond (R-MO) an amendment to the 2008 Defense Authorization Act adding safeguards for personality disorder military discharges, and calling for a review by the Government Accountability Office following reports that the procedure had been used inappropriately to reduce government costs.

Joined Chuck Hagel (R-NE) in introducing legislation to reduce risks of nuclear terrorism. A provision from the Obama-Hagel bill was passed by Congress in December 2007 as an amendment to the State-Foreign Operations appropriations bill.

Obama also sponsored a Senate amendment to the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) to provide one year of job protection for family members caring for soldiers with combat-related injuries.

After passing both houses of Congress with bipartisan majorities, SCHIP was vetoed by President Bush in early October 2007, a move Obama said “shows a callousness of priorities that is offensive to the ideals we hold as Americans.”

THESE ARE BARACK’S ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN THE U.S. SENATE TO DATE:

** First legislation, the HOPE Act, which increased Pell Grants to $5100, and later joined Senator Kennedy on the Higher Education legislation that passed July 20, by a vote of 78-18. That legislation also included funding for Predominantly Black Colleges to assist with counseling, tutoring and other needs of low income students. It also creates the Teaching Residency Act which will create a school-based teacher preparation program in high needs schools to provide each teacher with a mentor, content instruction, classroom management skills, a master’s degree and state certification, and a 2 year follow-up program.

**The Coburn-Obama Government Transparency Act of 2006
    is an act that requires the full disclosure of all entities or organizations receiving federal funds beginning in fiscal year (FY) 2007 on a website maintained by the Office of Management and Budget.

[Link No Longer Available]

**The Lugar-Obama Nuclear Non-proliferation and Conventional Weapons Threat Reduction Act
    Authored by U.S. Sens. Dick Lugar (R-IN) and Barack Obama (D-IL), the Lugar-Obama initiative expands U.S. cooperation to destroy conventional weapons. It also expands the State Department’s ability to detect and interdict weapons and materials of mass destruction.
    Signed into Law on January 11, 2007.

[Link No Longer Available]

**The 2007 Government Ethics Bill
    [Link No Longer Available]

** The “Democratic Republic of the Congo Relief, Security, and Democracy Promotion Act.

** S116 – Summer Learning demonstration project to provide summer learning grants and encourage new teaching methods.

[Link No Longer Available]

and this one, moved out of committee just a few days ago:

Obama’s Global Poverty Act of 2007, passed out of committee just a few days ago
    WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senators Barack Obama (D-IL), Chuck Hagel (R-NE), and Maria Cantwell (D-WA) and Congressman Adam Smith (D-WA) today hailed the Senate Foreign Relations Committee’s passage of the Global Poverty Act (S.2433), which requires the President to develop and implement a comprehensive policy to cut extreme global poverty in half by 2015 through aid, trade, debt relief, and coordination with the international community, businesses and NGOs.

This legislation was introduced in December. Smith and Congressman Spencer Bachus (R-AL) sponsored the House version of the bill (H.R. 1302), which passed the House last September.
    [Link No Longer Available]

Amendments, that have all passed:

S.Amdt.159 to S.Con.Res.18 – To prevent and, if necessary, respond to an international outbreak of the avian flu.

S.Amdt.390 to H.R.1268 – To provide meal and telephone benefits for members of the Armed Forces who are recuperating from injuries incurred on active duty in Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom.

S.Amdt.670 to H.R.3 – To provide for Flexible Fuel Vehicle (FFV) refueling capability at new and existing refueling station facilities to promote energy security and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.

S.Amdt.808 to H.R.6 – To establish a program to develop Fischer-Tropsch transportation fuels from Illinois basin coal.

S.Amdt.851 to H.R.6 – To require the Secretary to establish a Joint Flexible Fuel/Hybrid Vehicle Commercialization Initiative, and for other purposes.

S.Amdt.1362 to S.1042 – To require a report on the Department of Defense Composite Health Care System II.

S.Amdt.1453 to S.1402 – To ensure the protection of military and civilian personnel in the Department of Defense from an influenza pandemic, including an avian influenza pandemic.

S.Amdt.2301 to H.R.3010 – To increase funds to the Thurgood Marshall Legal Educational Opportunity Program and to the Office of Special Education Programs of the Department of Education for the purposes of expanding positive behavioral interventions and supports.

S.Amdt.2605 to S.2020 – Expressing the sense of the Senate that the Federal Emergency Management Agency should immediately address issues relating to no-bid contracting.

S.Amdt.2930 to S.2349 – To clarify that availability of legislation does not include nonbusiness days.
    S.Amdt.3144 to S.Con.Res.83 – To provide a $40 million increase in FY 2007 for the Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program and to improve job services for hard-to-place veterans

S. Amdt 41 to S. 1 To require lobbyists to disclose the candidates, leadership PACs, or political parties for whom they collect or arrange contributions, and the aggregate amount of the contributions collected or arranged.

———————————————-

In summary: Barack has written a total of 890 Bills and co-sponsored another 1,096 since he started serving in the U.S. Senate.

Personally, AVE, I believe there are three big myths about the presidential candidates.

Myth #1: That Obama is “inexperienced.”

As just noted, “Barack has written a total of 890 Bills and co-sponsored another 1,096 since he started serving in the U.S. Senate.”

When people complain “How come I never heard of them?” that shouldn’t be interpreted as a reflecton on Obama’s achievements. We have nobody to blame but ourselves, even in a culture that celebrates the ill-informed and lazy “undecided” voter.

Ave, you’re not the only one who didn’t know exactly what Obama had done besides being a community organizer — a profession mocked at the Republican Convention but a type of work that I happen to have a lot of respect for. Like you, Ave, I hadn’t heard of the specific items in the last comment; I only knew that Obama did have a track record.

Alas, I probably know more about Angelina Jolie than about those bills from Obama.

And sadly, in this degree of ignorance, I’m not alone… But at least I have sought out information about the issues of this campaign, watching every debate, visiting http://www.factcheck.org, reading my newspaper avidly, daily. Which brings me to:

Myth #2 The idea that John McCain is a “maverick.”

Not lately. Someone who votes with Bush 90% of the time does not deserve to be called a “maverick.” Nor does John have much credibility about attacking the Bush administration. Behind McCain’s mask of that “maverick myth,” you find a panderer who fits in quite well with Mr. Bush.

Candidate McCain, after 2006, is quite a different animal from the one-time, slightly mavericky politician he once was. And that brings me to:

Myth #3: That Senator McCain is an honorable man.

Not really. He has knowingly heaped lie upon lie during this campaign, for one thing. For another, he chose Palin to be his running mate.

I wasn’t aware that honor was something one could own, like a football trophy, and that it would keep on servicing its owner with a mechanical momentum, a kind of perpetual motion machine of virtue.

Was McCain once an honorable man? Sure. And it showed in his aura.

But lately? Dishonor and lying show instead. Frankly, the only real vestige of the once-honorable qualities of John McCain is… the degree to which he is now inwardly tortured. (See my recent post about McCain and who is torturing him now.)

You know, they say an actor is only as good as his last performance. One could be a formerly great actor and not be such a great actor now.

In a different line of work than actor or politician, this emotional and spiritual healer is keenly aware of the concept of honor. I am also aware of integrity. These are not qualities that a person can claim once for all time.

Today I facilitated two sessions for clients before writing this comment. To do my healing work, I connected with commitment and honor and integrity every single time. Otherwise, what is the point?

Would it be enough for me to say, “Once upon a time, I helped some clients quite nicely. Now all I need to do is phone it in?”

And I’m just one modestly active healer and teacher. If I were to presume to run for President, I should be held to a higher standard, not a lower one, don’t you agree?

To my mind, there’s a statute of limitations about calling Senator McCain honorable. He gave himself his own dishonorable discharge. And nobody made him do this to him… but him.

Anonymous Healer says:

I prefer to keep my own counsel on political matters, but this election is so clearly a case of choosing the light, the new energy, or remaining with the old, dead dark energy.

I urge you to read Rolling Stone’s article on McCain: [Link No Longer Available]

Many of the claims are supported by the candidate’s own words.

Some have said that McCain was a noble man, but no longer. This article shows his behavior to be consistent from childhood.

His misogyny and lack of compassion are exceeded only by his self-centered urge for power, driven by emotional neediness, imbalance and damage.

I do recommend your reading the article, I do not recommend entering his energy field. We need light. Send it whenever and wherever you can.

What an article, Anonymous Healer!

“Make-Believe Maverick” is a fascinating read. So often, on this blog and elsewhere, I’ve heard, “I just don’t know about Obama.” The implication, sometimes stated, is “I do know about John McCain.”

This detailed article: [Rolling Stone Link No Longer Available]
    shows the false basis for the myths that McCain has built around himself. I consider my own view changed. Instead of “Once McCain was an honorable man,” I now hold this belief:

“In this lifetime, as a soldier and politician, McCain was never an honorable man.”

Especially chilling, be sure to read the story reported on pages 3-4 of the Rolling Stone article. The third time McCain crashed a plane, he escaped. Rather than helping his fellow soldiers, McCain watched from a distance as the rest of the men on board perished in the conflagration.

If you know anyone who plans to vote for McCain, this is THE article to send.

Neon Artemis says:

The thing that people don’t seem to get about the whole “maverick” thing anyway – is that if they don’t do what their own party wants and are loyal to no one but themselves – they aren’t going to be loyal to what their voters want either once they are in office. Mavericks are great for exploring the unknown, rebellion, etc – not great in government where you have to cooperate with a diverse group of other people.

Rose, thought you might enjoy this Dr. Suess style tale about McCain and Palin.

About the Narcissist thing – we had a Narcissist at our work recently. He climbed the ladder very fast, excelled within 3 months to a nice position by ingratiating himself and being a “servant” to the bosses and sucking up – then he started causing division within the company, exploiting the tensions between everyone. He was working in our financial books, messed those up, yet held on to this position – it caused the woman who was the overseer of the books to quit, because it was unworkable, and he had been working on ruining her reputation with the boss (she had worked there for 8 years!). The problem was solved when we ran a criminal history report on him that ran about 16 pages long. (Fraud, forgery, theft, etc). WE also discovered he removed his resume and all references from his employee file. So, they got rid of him, took the woman manager back.

We are still paying the price for his employment. He wrecked relationships between those in the office, the books, the paying of bills, you name it. We’re still cleaning up the damage. Very destructive.

Imagine what a Narcissist like Palin would do to our country. She’s already exploiting the tension between the right/left – black/white, etc.

Anyway, I hope we don’t see her again, but she has her fanatics. I keep holding a visualization of Obama taking the oath and feeling how happy and proud I am that he is president.

Fatoumata says:

Anonymous Healer:

I have finally finished the whole article. Great! A lot of these things I had picked up intuitively. After reading this though, it is even harder for me to understand fans of McCain. If these things are obvious to me and this information is out there, what is with this blind support? How are all these people so duped?

Lisa W says:

Here is a link to a wonderful photo of Obama. (taken while talking about the recent death of his grandmother) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/03/obama-on-grandmother-and_n_140698.html

For face readers, it’s a view seldom seen– the photographer was below him shooting up. Look at the mark of devotion; I haven’t noticed it before. I guess it’s just now appearing. Pretty cool to see things like that develop. Check out the deep grim lines, the philtrum and what looks sort of like a philtrum under his bottom lip. (Maybe so much charisma spilling over????)Or charisma towards a group/the masses, instead of toward individuals…

Check out the slight depressions and bulges on his forehead on either side of the third eye. They don’t look like eyebrow bulges—too high. They make me think of a car’s headlights, beaming out. I’d love to hear what you make of it.

His nostrils look somewhat triangular; although I think you called them rectangular in your article. The right one seems bigger than the left one (spend more in professional capacity than in personal life).

Also, I see a point of refinement on his upper lip. His lips are very defined; the upper lip seems more refined than the bottom in this particular picture.

Lina says:

Thank you for your information.

I also catch that moment when McCain liked his up lip like a lizard. And that moment I was schocked I couldnt believe what I see. “He is an reptilian”. I am so happy that Obama is a president now. Nice personality.

Vivika says:

Hi Rose,

Someone just forwarded this correspondence to me in response to my distress at an acquaintance’s channeling re Pres. Obama. The channel’s take was that there’s light and dark around Obama and he hasn’t decided which to side with.

So, re your aura reading during the debate, tho’ I understand that your reading of Obama is inconsistent with someone opposing the light, I wish your reading told more about Obama’s aura than McCain’s.

Keep up the good work.

VIVIKA, welcome to our community about Deeper Perception Made Practical.

Actually, I have done many detailed readings of Barack Obama. Use this link to find them:

May I especially recommend this blog post:

Only you can evaluate different comments. The best way, surely, is to do your own Aura Reading, Face Reading, or even Empath Merge (as appropriate). I would love to teach you how.

Meanwhile, thanks for writing. You might enjoy checking out the articles and FAQs at https://www.rose-rosetree.com.