Do Empaths Have More Cords of Attachment?

Blog-Buddies, if you’ve been following comments over the last several weeks, you’ll have found many excellent questions and comments, including ones from intrepid Lisa V. This one is the inspiration for today’s post:

Wondering if empaths are more susceptible to forming Cords of Attachment, and does being skilled/unskilled impact forming cords? For example, being a Skilled Empath, is one less likely to form a cord with someone by being more aware of themselves, life lessons?

The quick answer is, “No, but.” Now comes the rest of it.

How Can I Protect Myself Against Forming Cords of Attachment?

Correct me if I’m mistaken here, Lisa, but I think that part of your question involves concern about forming Cords of Attachment in the first place.

Here’s the good news: You can’t prevent this. So don’t worry about it.

Sure, Cords of Attachment are the single biggest (and most curable) problem afflicting emotional life for most human beings.

And, sure, I really do care about your happiness, and that of all empaths (also the happiness of non-empaths, for that matter).

So what’s going on? Why so cheerful?

Let’s remember what is involved in forming a Cord of Attachment for you and every other human on earth:

1. You are with another human being. (Here I’ll call him or her “Maxi.”)
  2. You become interested in Maxi. Doesn’t have to be a huge crush, the love of your life, your best friend ever, etc. Just interested, curious, as in “I’d like to get to know that person better.”
  3. Instantly TWO structures are formed to connect your aura to Maxi’s. (And if Maxi is also interested, Maxi will develop a separate set toward you.)
  4. There’s a Spiritual Tie, containing love, learning, sweetness. It’s sacred. You’ll keep it throughout this lifetime and beyond.
  5. Yes, there’s a Cord of Attachment.

The Problem with Cords of Attachment

Every Cord of Attachment develops a distinctive pattern, with toxic energies flowing back and forth between you and the cordee. The pattern may change over time, but it’s always troubling.

And those destructive energies recycle into your aura and subconscious mind 24/7.

This happens even if you never speak to Maxi again. Maxi could even be die the next day. That Cord of Attachment will still be a problem for you, lasting until the last minutes of your lifetime. Unless…. you have someone with professional-caliber skills to cut that Cord of Attachment.

That person could, of course, be YOU. Consider that I wrote the how-to book “Cut Cords of Attachment” just for you!

It’s also possible to have a phone session with me or work with someone else who has professional-caliber skills. Because this is a relatively new field in holistic healing, there is a lot of confusion on the Internet and elsewhere about cutting cords. One extra way to use “Cut Cords of Attachment” is as a consumer guide. This book can educate you about what is really involved, helping you to sort through confusing statements and the many people whose skill level is more like wishful thinking than actually creating permanent healing so that you will never again have a Cord of Attachment to Maxi.

Considering that it is definitely possible for you to release every major Cord of Attachment, and minor ones as well, there is no reason to worry about whether you form them.

Besides, the only way to really avoid forming Cords of Attachment to new people would be to isolate you from all other human beings, including Internet, Social Networking sites, phone calls, etc.

And do remember that you earn bonus points, ahem, Spiritual Ties, every time you make significant contact with somebody new.

When an Unskilled Empath has a Cord of Attachment

This is part of your question, too, Lisa, correct? Unskilled Empaths amount to a lot of people, since 1 in 20 Americans (and 1 in 5 Japanese) was born as an empath. And anyone born as an empath who hasn’t consciously developed real skill is what I call an “Unskilled Empath.”

Any empath can become skilled. It’s about has time-consuming as learning to ride a bike — not impossible but not something a person can explain in a couple of articles on the Internet. (And as a consumer, consider yourself warned when people claim to give you quick tips that are “all you need to know.” Useless or confusing information about becoming a Skilled Empath is just about as prevalent online as those well intended quickie courses to “Just ask Archangel Michael to cut all your Cords of Attachment.)

An empath was born with at least one significant, trainable gift for directly experiencing what it is like to be other people, plants, animals, etc. Even one gift is enough. Empath gifts are not necessarily emotional; this is one of those popular misconceptions that sometimes even finds its way into full-length books to help empaths. Oops!

If you’re talented in any way as an empath, but not yet a Skilled Empath, whenever you’re with someone like Maxi, you take on STUFF and it lands right into your aura. And, as you suspected, Lisa, things do become more complicated when an Unskilled Empath also has a Cord of Attachment.

So let’s say that you have a Cord of Attachment to Maxi with themes where you feel powerless and disrespected. Specific Cord Items have Maxi treating you in a bossy way, and your feeling as though “I can never win.”

Due to that Cord of Attachment, energies like these are circulating in your aura and subconscious mind 24/7, even if you never are in a room with Maxi again. But now say that you’re there with him. His aura is rife with anger, bossiness, and sneering at people.

As an Unskilled Empath in the room with Maxi, you’d likely take in a bunch of that straight into your aura, in the form of astral-level debris. This STUFF will move from his aura to yours (Note: My upcoming book, to be published this September, goes into a lot of detail about how this kind of thing happens, complete with illustrations).

Bottom line is that, due to being an UnskilledEmpath, your aura is taking on STUFF that compounds the STUFF you already carry due to that Cord of Attachment to Maxi. Talk about adding insult to injury! You’ll feel worse than ever.

So this kind of experience is the true part of the question you asked, Lisa. It’s not that you form Cords of Attachment more readily because of being an empath, or that your Cords of Attachment will somehow be worse because you’re an empath. As an Unskilled Empath, however, you’ll develop extra STUFF that can make the Cord STUFF feel worse.

Your Choices with Cords of Attachment and Empath Empowerment

But no worries, Blog Buddies. If you’re both human and a born empath, this kind of problem has been going on for your whole life. And you’ve still been surviving.

Your choices to change things now will only make your life much, much better.

Yes, you can become a Skilled Empath. (See LINKS below.)

And yes, you can either have sessions to Cut Cords of Attachment or learn to do it on your own.  (See more LINKS below.)

So the options for becoming clear in your aura are easily available. You could do it by reading two books, Empowered by Empathy and Cut Cords of Attachment. If you don’t have time, or you don’t like learning from books, it will be a bit more expensive but involve some phone sessions of mentoring. Even with this fancier choice, the amount of money involved is still likely to be less than the cost of a weekend vacation.

Lisa, you and other Blog-Buddies are doing great at both — clearing out Cords of Attachment and becoming a Skilled Empath. Keep learning, thinking, exploring, celebrating!

lisa says:

Hi Rose,

thanks for writing this post on cords of attachment–it does make things clearer for me. Hope your trip in Japan is going wonderfully.

kind regards, Lisa

Yes, LISA, this Tokyo Trip #9 is turning out to be fun. On the weekend, we did Part 1 of a two-weekend Aura Reading workshop, and the students did just great. Huge transformations for many all weekend, plus they all did really well at becoming Aura Readers (for all the beginners) or learning to make sense of their existing level of experience (for four more advanced practitioners).

Today it was sessions, and they included quite a range — cutting a Cord of Attachment, facilitating an exorcism, plus a first-time session of Energy Release Regression Therapy.

The client for that last one, “Maxi,” explained that she had tried to do a regression elsewhere and wasn’t able to be hypnotized. Ha! In her first session she visited a childhood memory, plus incidents in two completely different lifetimes, and this rather delicate-looking woman moved out Frozen Blocks of Energy like a marine.

After work, I took the interpreter to my favorite supermarket around here. I thought I was doing her a favor, because this place is quite a bargain spot, often frequented by restaurant owners. But instead she did ME the favor, because she helped me to read labels and discover a bunch of new flavor sensations.

Went back to my condo and had some of these latest purchases as part of dinner: Sauteed garlic sprouts (incredibly yummy) and a new kind of beet-red pickle without beets at all but made of cucumbers, eggplant, shisho leaves and some other wacky vegetable that does something or other for a person. (It’s been a long day.)

All this with sauteed chicken breasts and leftovers from breakfast — hijiki and mixed peppers.

Food-gasms galore!

I’m also excited because I brought home three new sauce mixes for curries. Unable to read the packages, I thought they were irradiated curries. But no, they are actually packages full of spices. Woo-hoo!

Plus I bought a package with weird (to me) little teensy fish prepared with assorted green vegetables, a kind of snack food. My aura loves it — researched it in the store. Will physically taste it tomorrow….

And for next trip to “Prospec Super Market” (as it says in the decrepit sign in front of the store), I have my eye on a bag of assorted MOUNTAIN VEGETABLES. Now that I know what the slimy-looking, delicate slices of strange emerald green foods in the bag actually are.

How amazing-wonderful is that?

lisa says:

Hi Rose,

Wow, what fun to read about all the new foods you are trying and your enthusiasm-you are quite a food adventurer! I love that you can test new foods with your aura–how wonderful. Is that a hard thing to learn how to do?

In your aura reading workshops, it was interesting to read the distinction between beginner/advanced -learning to read auras/getting information and then the more advanced stage of how to make sense of one’s experience and the information one is getting. (At least this is how I understood it??!!). I am still getting an understanding of the timeline of how long it takes (I guess directly related to how much practice one does…) to acquire deeper perception skills (becoming a skilled empath, aura reading…).

I have missed having our sessions–they were fantastic. I was just relistening to one or our sessions today, and getting new things from it.

As far as furthering my way to becoming a skilled empath, I have been practicing the “coming home” technique and doing the “breaking out of the amusement park” technique as well. Right now, I prefer the longer “coming home” technique so as to get more familiar with myself and all of these relationships/levels (environment, physical body, mind, intellect, feelings, soul and spirit).

It has been a fruitful exercise and have been doing it every day. I am slowly (very slowly, I feel like…) working my way through the audio CD’s (Empowered by Empathy), taking notes etc.. I get the definite feeling that becoming a skilled empath is all about practice, practice, and more practice and there’s not really any shortcuts around this…!?!

From your post, wondering what an exorciscm is??? I only know the word from the scary movies from the 70’s… I am imagining it is not that sensational or dramatic, but is a very, very helpful healing technique to relieve/heal someone of a very strong, intrusive negative presence/energy??? Is this accurate? Would love to hear your description of it, if you have the time/inclination or perhaps I can find an article on it in one of your archives?

Wishing you many, many blessings. How fortunate your Japanese students are to have you with them, sharing your many talents and love of teaching!

LISA, aw! You wrote so many great comment bits, I’m going to take some and put them as chunks for separate comments.

You wrote ths Aura Reading question: “I love that you can test new foods with your aura–how wonderful. Is that a hard thing to learn how to do?”

No, it isn’t hard. In fact, there’s a technique for doing this, I believe in AURA READING THROUGH ALL YOUR SENSES.

Near the front of the book, there’s a Table of Techniques. Browse there to find it.

Besides being an amazing, fun spiritually-boundary-smashing technique, it can also save one quite a bit of money!

About making progress with Aura Reading, you wrote:

“In your aura reading workshops, it was interesting to read the distinction between beginner/advanced -learning to read auras/getting information and then the more advanced stage of how to make sense of one’s experience and the information one is getting. (At least this is how I understood it??!!).”

And you’re understanding that perfectly, Lisa. So many people believe in the Myth About Auras. They get a teensy perception of a color or a vibe and think that’s the whole thing. Actually there is an enormous amount of information, both inspiring, practical, and useful for healing oneself and others.

About the timeline for advancing with Aura Reading, LISA,you wrote:

“I am still getting an understanding of the timeline of how long it takes (I guess directly related to how much practice one does…) to acquire deeper perception skills (becoming a skilled empath, aura reading…).”

One factor is doing 10 minutes a day. That’s a huge way to gain skill extra fast.

Personal sessions to remove STUFF are helpful, too. As your aura becomes clearer, your Aura Readings are easier and more accurate.

Finally, taking ANY of my Intensive Workshops, as described with links at the home page(https://www.rose-rosetree.com ) can help you move forward by 6 molnths or more.

But the main thing is that Aura Reading is a practical development of consciousness for everyday life. You’ll naturally find your way doing this in balance with all the other things you love; all your everyday chores, too.

About developing Empath Empowerment skills, LISA, you wrote:

It [The “Coming Home” technique in Empowered by Empathy] has been a fruitful exercise and have been doing it every day. I am slowly (very slowly, I feel like…) working my way through the audio CD’s (Empowered by Empathy), taking notes etc.. I get the definite feeling that becoming a skilled empath is all about practice, practice, and more practice and there’s not really any shortcuts around this…!?!

Yes, much of developing skill is practice, practice, practice. Fortunately, every bit of that practice helps a person to become more whole and integrated as a human personality. It’s not as if you’re practicing an arcane skill with only one useful purpose.

Also, as with Aura Reading, you can hasten becoming a Skilled Empath by doing personal sessions of Aura Transformation to remove STUFF, also by taking ANY of my Intensive Workshops, as described with links at the home page, https://www.rose-rosetree.com.

With more clarity in your aura, all forms of Deeper Perception go more smoothly, and all of them work together.

Finally, about facilitating exorcisms: You wrote, LISA:

“From your post, wondering what an exorcism is??? I only know the word from the scary movies from the 70’s… I am imagining it is not that sensational or dramatic, but is a very, very helpful healing technique to relieve/heal someone of a very strong, intrusive negative presence/energy??? Is this accurate? Would love to hear your description of it, if you have the time/inclination or perhaps I can find an article on it in one of your archives?”

Some day I will do a post about this. Great idea! Within one week of starting sessions for clients in Tokyo, I’ve facilitated three of them so far.

For now, the simple answer is that it is a non-flashy, but super-helpful method of moving out an entity that is taking over part of a client’s aura. It’s probably the most powerful type of one-hour session I offer, doing it only as appropriate.

So, more on that later, and congratulations, in general, on how well you’re doing.

Rose

Karen says:

Hi Rose:

I’m enjoying your posts from Japan. Since you are going to address exorcism in more detail, I have a question. Are you dealing with removing entities from students more lately? It seems that way from the blog posts, or is it just the usual and you are writing more about it?

Anonymous says:

I had an another reminder recently about how people still believe that auras are only colors.

Someone familiar with Rose’s work casually commented, “So I wonder what all those colors are that Rose sees around my body.”

I was stunned because I really didn’t see that coming.

After recovering, I tried explaining how Rose’s primary sense for deeper perception isn’t Clairvoyance with vivid colors around someone’s body and that you can get information in so many different ways besides “colors,” and that even if you saw colors, they would mean different things to different people.

But I still don’t think the person believed me.

KAREN, it’s true that I have mentioned exorcism more recently, but not that I’ve been doing more of it.

For a while I was reluctant to mention this piece of my work. It’s a small but useful skill set.

Somehow it slipped out, so now I WILL write more about it in a future post. Meanwhile, fear not. It’s not as if there is more need than usual for such a thing. 🙂

ANONYMOUS, isn’t that the darndest thing!

Now you know how surprised I feel, and it does get me every time. The method of Aura Reading Through All Your Senses (R) works so well for people and produces big results for them just because auras aren’t just colors. Most people aren’t put together as mainly clairvoyant in that particular way, so when they limit their definition of Aura Reading to “See the colors,” they limit their experiences, their service, their growth as Aura Readers.

Here’s a fun example from Japan. Last weekend I taught an Aura Reading workshop. Here in Tokyo, there’s a very popular TV show where a famous psychic goes on the air every week. He does Aura Reading, apparently, where he tells people about their colors and then goes on to explain a person’s life purpose and summarize how this relates to past lives.

Folks here just love it. Many famous actors are now going on the show as guests and, of course, folks love that even more.

So I asked for a show of hands in my workshop of 30 participants, “Who has seen that show?”

Every hand went up.

Then I asked, “Who has done Aura Reading successfully before this workshop?”

No hands went up.

“And who has TRIED?”

Many hands went up.

During the workshop, EVERY student succeeded at doing detailed aura readings. It got to the point where, during discussions with partners, exchanging what they found using techniques of Aura Reading, there was almost too much information. I had to ask my students to hush up, because they would have talked for 20 minutes at a stretch. I had to ask them to keep their exchanges brief, remembering that they could talk after our official meeting times were over.

These Aura Reading students started doing photo readings as well.

To me, it’s all about using the gifts that God gave you, plus having understanding and techniques to make those gifts lively. EVERYONE interested in Aura Reading can do this in depth and detail, and do it whenever the person wants to. It’s no bigger a deal than regular literacy.

So what explains what you’ve found, where people have studied with me and still don’t believe me? Some people don’t think for themselves very well, I suspect. They hear all the myths in collective consciousness about how Aura Reading means colors. They can’t get past that.

But for those who DO think for themselves, they are my ideal students… and a delight to me. Like YOU!

Anonymous says:

Thanks, Rose! I agree that it does take thinking for one’s self and a kind of leap to trust enough that everyone can read auras in depth. Or maybe it doesn’t have to be a leap, maybe they can just discover little by little that they can do it.

It also seems to be a myth in our society that only certain people have “special abilities” or that there are a select few celebrities and everyone else is just ordinary. Someone also said to me that he didn’t need to learn Deeper Perception because he could just have Rose do it for him because “Rose is a professional”. I told him that he could learn, too, in his own way. I know that everyone has his/her own path, but I wish they realized how practical deeper perception is, that it can be a part of daily life and not just something for once in awhile.

lisa says:

Hi Rose,

I enjoyed your generous responses to my comments/questions : ) thanks!

Teresa says:

Hi Rose,

The cord of attachment with my mom is EXTREMELY toxic. I cry when she’s around and I can feel the anger coming from her! 🙁 I’m an empath so my mom’s like threatening “Do whatever you want. You want to buy the book, you buy the book… bla blabla” 🙁 I don’t know what to do.

TERESA, a seriously major cord of attachment is not the place to begin a do-it-yourself project.

You would be wise to schedule at least three sessions with a professional at Energy Spirituality.

Given the severity of the problem you summarized, more than one session would probably be needed for you to regain your balance.

And, of course, Energy Spirituality involves more than cutting that cord of attachment to your mother (which would be one sessions somewhere in that sequence of healing).