In “The Blind Side,” Sandra Bullock plays Leigh Anne Tuohy, a suburban mom who takes in a homeless African-American teenager and encourages his talents as a football player.
One research item at a time, I compare the role being played with the actress’ own way of playing herself.
Note: Over time, links can go bad. And legally I don’t have the rights to show celebrity photos, so I can’t display them here other than providing links. But you can easily go over to Google, type in the person’s name and the blog post date, then search on images. Click on a good image, preferably current with the time of the reading here at this blog.
I have an annual custom of comparing auras of top-nominated actors with their auras in roles; it’s a way to show that deeper perception can be practical. Use this Energy Spirituality Aura READING link to learn more about my method of using energetic literacy.
And you’ll find a lead-in to this year’s sequence of research on Academy Award nominees at this Aura Reading Film Critique blog post.
Root Chakra Databank for Presence in the Room
- As Sandra: Pride is an important component, tying together very different ways of dealing with her celebrity. It’s a love-hate thing, how Bullock rebels against her public life, versus being very grateful for it, versus feeling driven to accomplish in such a competitive business. Much of her reality is structured around whether public or private, how well she is playing the game, what it means to be herself.
- As Leigh Anne: The actress has chosen an interesting variation on her long-term conflicts. Here again she is an outsider, observing society, far more concerned than most about how she (and her foster son) fit in. In the frame analyzed here, it’s a one-note characterization where Bullock is blasting out bitterness.
- I give her 1 point, although the choice of character isn’t very nuanced. It still is different from Sandra Business-As-Usual.
Belly Chakra Databank for Sex Appeal
- As Sandra: Huge, lush sex appeal is a success secret for this actress. She doesn’t flaunt but she doesn’t hide it, either. Sandra’s version of allure has a rebellious, almost tomboy, edge.
- As Leigh Anne: Sex appeal is identical in amount and quality.
- No chakra change points allotted here — but I have noticed over the years that an actress or actor can do very well by not changing the usual degree of sexual charisma.
Solar Plexus Chakra Databank for Using Power
- As Sandra: Staying in control is a common choice for this woman. Teasing and joking can be part of the fun for her. Ultimately, though, she needs to call the shots in any relationship.
- As Leigh Anne: This character needs to call the shots, too. Only she appears a tad more bitter and world-weary than the fortunate Ms. Bullock.
- Okay, I’ll allocate a 1/4 chakra change point. Let’s face it. Most people, even most actors, can’t budge a thing at the level of chakra databanks. The most they can do is send out a fake facade. And some of us (myself included) can’t even do that.
Heart Chakra Databank for Emotional Self-Awareness
- As Sandra: Emotional self-awareness is rather stunningly absent. Instead, this actor is a technician who works hard to show the way any emotion is supposed to look. Speaking of technical, some of you Blog-Buddies may know that I have developed a term for a problem that happens sometimes, as a pattern of STUFF in chakra databanks. When one part of a person’s aura, like Sandra’s solar plexus chakra, takes over functioning that usually would be handled elsewhere, say at the heart chakra, I call that an “energetic sub-routine.” And this one may serve her professionally, if not personally.
- As Leigh Anne: No change.
- And, therefore, no chakra change point.
Throat Chakra Databank for Communication Charisma
- As Sandra: The actress has a high-impact charisma, a lifelong gift of the soul. People listen. People respond. It doesn’t matter so much how strongly Bullock connects inwardly to what she is projecting.
I do suspect that much of her personal struggle in life has involved a love-hate relationship with such a gift. Think about it for a minute. How would you feel if people responded to you, whether you phoned in a performance or meant it from the bottom of your heart? And how would it feel if you were largely cut off from your feelings, yet people often were moved by what you said?
Blessing or curse? (More like it, just a fascinating way to evolve, right?)
- As Leigh Anne: Nearly exactly the same as normal, just with a slightly sardonic edge.
- Should I award a chakra change partial point, say 1/8? No, this is such a teensy change, really, it’s not too distant from nothing.
Third Eye Chakra Databank for Connection to Spiritual Source
- As Sandra: Here’s a characteristic that helps endear Sandra Bullock to audiences all over the world. The three-inch, rigid display at this chakra databank suggests that she adheres to a religious tradition, following just what is needed to qualify as a true believer.
Just this morning, I was doing aura reading research for a client in Turkey. When Gladys had me comment on her ex, Joe, I remarked on this pattern. He’s Muslim, whereas Bullock is probably Christian. Still, the pattern of “Set for life because I follow my religion” makes many security-based people feel very comfortable.
Why not? It’s a fine way to evolve. Just not one of the fastest ways…
- A Leigh Anne: No change. Maybe there is a very slight amping up of faith, in the usual context, in the usual way.
- So — as is getting to be usual in this particular Aura Reading Film Critique — no chakra change points will be awarded.
Well, 1 1/4 points is certainly more acting points than I’d get. In Bullock’s favor, she has many attributes to impress an audience.
Especially helpful are the old-time religion-type spiritual connection, the massive sex appeal, and even the lack of emotional self-awareness. Since this is combined with a very beautiful actress and fabulous charisma, the Bullock brand will endure successfully. Might even win!