In “The Last Station,” as Sofya, Helen Mirren portrays the wife of Leo Tolstoy, and is locked in a battle with the admirer’s of her husband, the great Russian author whose royalties are being settled.
Helen Mirren has been researched in past roles for chakra-change points. She has always won full points, if I remember correctly. I expect amazing shifts at the minute auric level and fascinating artistic choices, as well.
It’s going to be a special treat to do aura reading research on her one more time for this year’s Best Actress nomination. And — let me tell you in advance, now that I’ve finished the research — the treat is way bigger than I first expected.
Energetic literacy research as film criticism — the background
I have an annual custom of comparing auras of top-nominated actors with their auras in roles; it’s a way to show that deeper perception can be practical. Use this Energy Spirituality Aura READING link to learn more about my method of using energetic literacy. And you’ll find a lead-in to this year’s sequence of research on Academy Award nominees at this Aura Reading Film Critique blog post. Read along with me, using photos of Helen as herself and Helen as Sofya. Or, if you simply saw the movie — which I haven’t, incidentally — comment away, please.
Root Chakra Databank for Presence in the Room
- As Helen: Tremendous authenticity and engagement in life, but in a balanced way. Helen fearlessly explores what is, plays with what could be. She’s a powerhouse, cleverly packed into the stealth disguise of that feminine body. To this aura reader, there’s no mistaking the strength, any more than I can dismiss what an ancient being she is, in human terms a kid of some 5,000 earth years.
- As Sofya: Feathery, feminine, frilly, imaginative — meet an entirely different person. In this photo, the character laughs, with a total down-to-the-bone sort of adorable, youthfulness.
- Chakra Change Points: I expect that the rest of the performance moves through other moods, and corresponding takes on reality. Yet the core version of self in the character, at this chakra databank, is what counts for this reading, and it is utterly different from Helen: 1 point earned, along with my great admiration.
Belly Chakra Databank for Sex Appeal
- As Helen: Sexual charisma fills the room. Or the theater. (Or, in her native land, the theatre.) But there aren’t ego hooks in this, nor the kind of conflict I noticed in Sandra Bullock. (See the last blog post.) Helen Mirren is very comfortable with her megawatt sex appeal and uses it artistically as part of her instrument. Otherwise, she’s used to having that way to be in her body, very confident sexually without needing to prove anything to anyone.
- As Sofya: Meet someone entirely different. Feminine energy is way stronger, along with vulnerability. I can find a back story in here, about having had sexual problems and not been treated with respect, yet the character has overcome it by now. Scar tissue in chakra databanks, soul lessons learned.
- Chakra Change Points: One disadvantage of not having seen the movie is that I have no clue where this character has been, within the context of the screenplay. Whether the actress invented the back story or developed it as part of the story — in a way it doesn’t even matter. The degree of knowledge of soul growth, expressed through this character, is absolutely stunning: 1 chakra change point given along my shock that the great Helen Mirren has clearly grown as an actress, as if that were possible!
Solar Plexus Chakra Databank for Using Power
- As Helen: Confidence is huge, power unabashed. Once again, the actress can fill any theater with empowering energies, baskable through auric modeling, so that everyone in her presence can be reminded energetically of how it feels to be steady, clear, strong, self-contained.
- As Sofya: What a creative choice! This character has very little personal power in relationships. Instead, she is strongly influenced by whoever she happens to be with and what that person appears to think of her.
- Chakra Change Points: Full marks again to Helen, 1 point along with a laugh. We have all known people like this Sofya.
Heart Chakra Databank for Emotional Self-Awareness
- As Helen: Complete clarity. Once again, the auric display is huge and could fill any theater. I am beginning to consider Helen Mirren as a candidate for Spiritual Enlightenment. Each of her chakra databanks has become so clear, superfluid, no-hooks, no STUFF. This individual knows herself very fully indeed, no qualms about feeling anything.
- As Sofya: Very limited emotional self-awareness goes with the rest of this character’s personality pefectly. Although expressive, and very good at using feminine energy to make people like her, Sofya mostly notices how she is reflected in somebody else’s emotional response.
- Chakra Change Points: Another 1 for amazing Helen.
Throat Chakra Databank for Communication Charisma
- As Helen: Clear, expanded, playful communication — the quality is consistent in each chakra databank read so far. Helen will fill the room with this transformative, self-accepting, glorious personal energy.
- As Sofya: Little Sofya, struggling to grow and receive acknowledgment from others, has a smallish, insecure style of communication.
- Chakra Change Points: Another 1, and what a compassionate, understanding portrayal of human insecurity!
Third Eye Chakra Databank for Connection to Spiritual Source
- As Helen: Totally one with All That Is. This is the kind of spiritual connection one might consider a symptom of Enlightenment. And so I’m going to check through a bunch of Helen’s other chakra databanks as well.
Aw, she’s definitely there. And thus, this aura reader’s Life List of the Enlightened goes up to 21. Last year, no she wasn’t there. This year, yes.
- As Sofya: Small connection, a deep and growing desire to connect to her spiritual source — this character, insecure though she is, keeps striving to understand more. At this point in her evolution, however, not too much inspiration comes in. Sofya is evolving at Earth School mostly on her own, living with integrity as much as she can.
- Chakra Change Points: Yet 1 more 1!
Compared to the shift in Helen Mirren’s own consciousness, over the past couple of years, those 6 out of 6 possible Chakra Change Points count for little.
I really do believe that Enlightenment is going on for all who seek it. Now is the big cleanup of unfinished business for so many of us. Helen lives in a frictionless flow and get ready, Blog-Buddies. We’re surely going there, too, each in a very personal way, beautifully timed.