In “Invictus,” one great man portrays another. Morgan Freeman portrays Nelson Mandela.
This move recounts how the South African president seizes on the national rugby team’s chances in the World Cup. Mandela was seeking a means to unite his country.
Recently, one of our Blog-Buddies, Suzanne, expressed the desire for more movies about inspiring, self-actualized people. Keeping that in mind, roll up your sleeves, or unfurl your techniques for aura reading research, and join me in our assessment.
How inspired can we get? Let’s find out.
Energetic literacy research as film criticism — the background
Yes, I have an annual custom of comparing auras of top-nominated actors with their auras in roles; it’s a way to show that deeper perception can be practical.
Use this Energy Spirituality Aura READING link to learn more about my method of using energetic literacy. And you’ll find a lead-in to this year’s sequence of research on Academy Award nominees at this Aura Reading Film Critique blog post.
Read along with me, using a photo of Morgan as himself and of Morgan as Nelson. Or, if you simply saw the movie — which I haven’t, incidentally — comment away, please.
Note: Over time, links can go bad. And legally I don’t have the rights to show celebrity photos, so I can’t display them here other than providing links. But you can easily go over to Google, type in the person’s name and the blog post date, then search on images. Click on a good image, preferably current with the time of the reading here at this blog.
Root Chakra Databank for Presence in the Room
- As Morgan: The big energy projection here suggests an uncommonly vigorous participation in life, with great curiosity and boldness about exploring WHAT IS. An underlying quality of joy is impressive, but I also note chronic anger. Most distinctive, to me, is the actor’s salty sense of humor. Although the reality he explores isn’t always pleasant, Mr. Freeman reserves the right to always find it amusing.
- As Nelson: Not much changes, except the proportions of the inner mix. Strong presence is intensified, while anger is tucked away, mostly hidden.
- Chakra Change Points: 1/4. Changing even that much, at the level of chakras, should count for something.
Belly Chakra Databank for Sex Appeal
- As Morgan: Juicy, loveable, comforting yet exciting — Morgan Freeman definitely has movie-star-caliber sex appeal. Yesterday, I was commenting on how often stars have an androgynous quality sexually, so helpful for big box office. This actor has that advantage, for sure.
- As Nelson: No change.
- Chakra Change Points: Not really! But stars who are loaded with sex appeal may make a calculated choice not to change that. Even IF Joe Sixpack, in the audience, had full energetic literacy (We should be so lucky, right?) he might enjoy savoring that strong sexiness.
Solar Plexus Chakra Databank for Using Power
- As Morgan: Power is one of the great auric strengths of this actor. Morgan has enormous personal power and doesn’t shy away from conflict. That simmering anger, on a back burner, is always available to fuel his speech and actions.
- As Nelson: No change.
- Chakra Change Point: None, of course.
Heart Chakra Databank for Emotional Self-Awareness
- As Morgan: Many of Morgan’s chakra databanks are complex, even analytical. But this is not one of them. The amount of emotional connection is small overall. I also find, reading him at the time of our photo, that Freeman emphasizes certain emotions (like loyalty) and displays little awareness, or even denial, concerning other emotions (sadness and fear).
- As Nelson: A tiny tweak to business-as-usual — I notice a certain amount of worry, like an overlay. Energetically, this is the equivalent of a furrowed brow on an otherwise unchanged face.
- Chakra Change Point: 1/4. Hey, I couldn’t act that well.
Throat Chakra Databank for Communication Charisma
- As Morgan: This is one of the huge, insistently energetic, knock-your-socks-off qualities of Morgan Freeman. If his voice sounds gorgeous, even magisterial, you might congratulate yourself on having some clairaudience. Because the most gorgeous part of that voice, to me, is the energetic portion.
Aurically, Morgan Freeman sounds like a trumpet, waking people up to their power and spirituality. Nice auric modeling, dude!
- As Nelson: Again, there’s the cutest tiny tweak. It’s like another forehead furrow: “I’m very powerful. However, right now I’m worried. So feel suspense, everyone.”
- Chakra Change Point: 1/4.
- Size Change Point: Oboy, while I was writing this part of today’s post, the delivery truck came with my latest reprints. Three of my books, Read People Deeper, Become the Most Important Person in the Room, and Empowered by Empathy, needed more copies. Yes, I was expecting close to three tons of books, cute little boxes that I will carry into the “warehouse” room here at Women’s Intuition Worldwide.
The tricky part is that when I calculated how many boxes would be involved, alas, I seem to have expected the number to be only half as big as they turned out to be. This is going to be very, very interesting, all my carrying and rearranging. Anyway, I’ll finish this post before I move all five pallets’ worth out of the garage. Hmmm, how long can I take to describe…
Third Eye Chakra Databank for Connection to Spiritual Source
- As Morgan: The beautiful, strong, loving connection helps one to understand why this actor is often cast in the role of “God.” Yum!
- As Nelson: Identical, but who’s complaining?
- Chakra Change Points: None. I’m not complaining. I’m basking in that gorgeous glow. Still, I’m not awarding change points, either.
Invincible, yes. Great acting, in terms of changing the actor’s aura to suit the role — sigh! Still, the 3/4 of a point is better than many an actor manages. And the auric modeling remains superb.
At a time when I’m contemplating a rather large number of boxes, that petite 3/4 of a point seems very appealing indeed.