Whew, empaths around the world are finally beginning to know they are empaths. Let the process of Empath Empowerment® accelerate worldwide! In this post I’ll kick off an Empath Life List, similar to my Enlightenment Life List.
When I published the first book for empaths in English, even I didn’t use that word consistently. The title was Empowered by Empathy! (Note the absence of the word “empath.”)
The updated new title is The Empowered Empath: Owning, Embracing and Managing Your Special Gifts. That’s more like it!
“Empath” Is for Life
Today, many people are wondering if they are empaths. That makes sense because my research has shown that 1 in 20 people on earth now have been born as an empath, naturally talented for life.
Notice this important point, “Naturally talented” does not mean “Naturally skilled.” Just the opposite.
Similarly, curiosity about aura reading doesn’t mean you have developed skills of energetic literacy… although anyone could.
Empaths, What You Don’t Know Could Hurt You
Being an empath is different from being a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) or being an “emotional person” or many other things.Did you know?
- If you don’t know whether or not you’re an empath… you’re not a skilled empath.
- If you don’t even know what it means to be a skilled empath… with all respect, you’re not a skilled empath.
- Until you learn an effective set of skills to become a skilled empath… you’re not a skilled empath.
- Becoming skilled does not happen just because you now have a shiny new name for yourself, such as “Intellectual Empath” or “Environmental Empath.”
- Merely being talented does not, and cannot, and never will make you a skilled empath.
Who cares? You do. Or you will. Once you realize this simple fact.
Unskilled Empaths Suffer
Unskilled empaths suffer because they constantly pick up energetic STUFF from others.
That STUFF goes all the way into people’s auras, creating problems at a subconscious level. Some problems, the unskilled empath will be aware of. Mostly, the unskilled empath won’t even know about… but that won’t keep the empath from suffering.
How We Empaths Can Have a Better Life
For starters, know that much of the conversation today about emotional blackmail, energy vampires, narcissists, and psychic attack doesn’t help at all. Blaming others, or being frightened by them, or choosing people to avoid in life — this is not an effective way to become skilled as an empath.
Okay, I’ll be blunt. This is a way to become a weaker person, since more and more people must be avoided as time goes on.
(Incidentally, you can type any of these terms into the SEARCH box on the top left of this page and read more about energy vampires, narcissists, psychic vampires, and psychic attack, ideas that you may find reassuring and helpful, ideas generated because I have done thousands of personal sessions of Aura Healing working directly with clients. Some of them came to me complaining about just these problems.)
Empath, What ELSE Can Help You Have a Better Life?
Respect what empath skills can do for you. Otherwise, don’t waste your time.
The idea of respect has come up recently at the blog in the context of cutting cords of attachment. It’s similar to using the system of Empath Empowerment®,
- If you’re going to use the Quickie Method to cut cords, or try to “cut all your cords at once,” you’re better off doing nothing.
- Likewise, what if you’re going to just casually dabble in knowledge about becoming a skilled empath? You’ll win a “Nice Try” Award, but not much else.
Fortunately, becoming a skilled empath is very doable. It will take you maybe 60 hours — out of your entire life. This is not a quick grab-and-go skill set, not if you want to do it properly.
I’m sharing this idea because I’m someone whose commitment to this field runs so deep that she has obtained a trademark for a systematic way to help empaths — and Empath Empowerment® is the only trademark of this kind now in America. So I don’t know everything about this field. But I do know some things that can help you.
May this Empath Life List Prove Helpful to YOU!
Mostly this post is for fun, and meant to be very interactive. But first, here are some very practical points that can help you right now if you suspect you might be an empath:
1. Find out if you are an empath.
That means learning which gift(s) you have. It also means questioning some of the crazy-wrong definitions out there… even by authors who have now published books for empaths.
Being an empath does NOT necessarily mean anything about picking up on people’s emotions. There are two different emotional gifts you might have as an empath, Emotional Intuition and/or Emotional Oneness.
But you might be just as much an empath if you have a gift that is spiritual, intellectual, physical, animal, environmental, mechanical, crystal, plant, even molecular.
Once you find out if you are an empath, give your talent the respect it deserves. Become skilled as an empath. This is different from just telling people that you are an empath with a particular gift.
By analogy, owning a bicycle or being able to name “handlebars” and “seat” does not mean that you can ride the thing.
3. Be smart about gaining skills.
Whichever system to help empaths you choose, whichever blog you read or book you read, and whomever you choose as your empath coach, please use consumer smarts.
Are you just being given a rehash of things that psychotherapists have talked about for years?
I’m a fan of therapy and counseling, but not necessarily for helping empaths develop an effective skill set.
Let’s Start an Empath Life List
Note: After a few years I had to call a halt to this Empath Life List. It was taking too large a share of the time I have to devote to this blog.
Still, I hope you’ll find it helpful to read this article and the flow of comments. To me, comments from you Blog-Buddies add so much to this teaching blog. Your comments and guest posts are at least as good as any article here. Now, back to the original article…
Here’s what we’re going to do at this blog post. We’re going to list empaths who are effective in life, one way or another — public figures to some degree, whether they are politicians or writers or actors or musicians or community organizers. I’ll kick things off with a list of 20.
- You’re invited to add comments where you nominate people for the Empath Life List, until 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, September 29, 2010, when this post CLOSES for nominees.
- Your nominee must be a person who has a website and reputation for being effective in society, a newsmaker of sorts with a wide sphere of influence.
- To nominate, you do not have to know for sure whether or not that person is a born empath. That’s the part where I’ll research for you, going over every single comment here at this blog, provided that the nomination is done properly.
- To be considered, each nomination should include the nominee’s name, the type of work the person does, and a direct link that shows a photo with that person. (Just like the links at our Enlightenment Life List.)
- The photo should have at least the face and neck from a front view. A full torso view from the front would make it easier for me. 🙂
- Of course, “direct link” means a string of http that can be pasted into a browser. It is NOT a link from within a site like Facebook.
Aren’t you curious?
There may be many people you admire enormously. But are they empaths or not?
I want to learn about your nominees in that way. So I will comment back to you, straight up and down, empath or not empath.
Empaths will go onto the list, non-empaths merely will receive comments.
No, I will not go into detail into which empath gift(s) are in that person’s aura. You might know why I don’t do that from reading my more recent how-to for empaths, Become the Most Important Person in the Room: Your 30-Day Plan for Empath Empowerment. Either that book or Empowered by Empathy can be used to turn yourself into a Skilled Empath)
Let’s have fun with this, Blog-Buddies. Remember, you can comment easily at this blog. You don’t have to join anything. You can be anonymous easily, too: At the start of your comment include words like “Rose, make this anonymous.” Easy!
Empath Life List
- President Barack Obama.
- First Lady Michelle Obama.
- Former President Bill Clinton.
- Marilyn Cooley, whose empath gifts extend to the animal kingdom, founder of Nova Holistic Animal Care.
- Jeffrey Chappell, from our Enlightenment Life List.
- Graphic designer Melanie Matheson.
- Shamanic healer Almine.
- Flower essence pioneer Star Riparetti.
- Chris Rials-Seitz, sound healer.
- Steven Spielberg, the great film director. Added September 28, 2010.
- Alanis Morissette, the extraordinary singer.
- Albert Einstein, needing no introduction from the likes of Rose Rosetree
- Jane Goodall, the world’s foremost expert on chimpanzees. Added October 1, 2010.
- Actor Tom Hanks, added October 2, 2o1o.
- John Mayer added October 5, 2010. (Meant to add him earlier but got busy!)
- Actress Julianne Moore, added October 7, 2010.
- Singer Sarah McLachlan, organizer of Lilith Fair.
- Singer Bono from U2.
- Intellectual shape shifter and, oh yes, the Father of Psychoanalysis, Sigmund Freud has just been added. Hmmmm, wonder what that means. 😉
- Here comes the first vintner on our list. He’s also a musician, Maynard James Keenan. Incidentally, vintners and sommeliers and others in the wine business do pay a price for that glamorous line of work. I know the health virtues of wine are well known, but regular significant wine consumption makes for a wobbly aura and the likelihood of carrying around hundreds, even thousands of astral entities attached to one’s aura. Anyone in that line of work, do consider coming to my annual workshop on Spiritual Cleansing and Protection.
- Actor Keanu Reeves joins our group of empaths.
- Jon Stewart joins the Empath Life List.
- Alan Featherstone the founder of the UK’s Trees For Life foundation that is restoring the Caledonian Forest. Check out Suzanne’s description of meeting him in Comment 9.
- Steve Jobs, the late CEO of Apple.
- Fred R. Volkmar, MD, Director of the Yale Child Study Center.
- Sacha Baron-Cohen, mockumentary star best known for his character “Borat.”
- Educator and visionary Rudolph Steiner.
- Hans Werner Henze, the prolific and politically responsible German composer.
- Martha Argerich (if you click on this link, scroll down to find her magnificent photo). As a pianist, she was so graced, not only by being an empath but by transmitting glorious and healing energy to people through her auric modeling as a performer. Although I wouldn’t consider her ready for that Enlightenment Life List (a separate post here at “Deeper Perception Made Practical), Martha has the most wonderful way of putting aside her personal struggles while performing, giving an audience her very, very best.
- Eckhart Tolle belongs on this list of Empaths.
- Johnny Depp goes onto this list of empaths, courtesy of Blog-Buddy DONNA.
- Hanna Kroeger goes onto our list of empaths, courtesy of Blog-Buddy SUZ.
- Natalie Portman is an empath, with acknowledgment at our Empath Contest Where Everybody Can Win.
- J.R.R. Tolkien was an empath, as well as going onto my Enlightenment Life List.
- Rinko Kikuchi, the fabulous Japanese actress, is definitely an empath, nominated by Blog-Buddy ANITA.
- Andrew Solomon, author of The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression, which was a finalist for the 2002 Pulitzer Prize — another empath.
- Audiobook narrator George Guidall is also an empath, nominated by JULE for our Empath Contest Where Everybody Can Win.
- Clare Danes is an empath.
- Empath Amelia Kinkade is the author of The Language of Miracles: A Celebrated Psychic Teaches You to Talk to Animals.
- Empath (and figure skater) Sasha Cohen, who won a silver medal in the 2006 Olympics (for the figure skating).
- Leonardo DiCaprio isnt just an empath. He has that unusual gift of being a molecular empath.
- Industrial designer Yves Behar is a molecular empath as well.
Last updated July 7, 2014.