You might need this quiz. Trust me. Many people are deeply confused about which type of healing they’re doing.
Psychological Healing and Spiritual Healing are radically different models, good for very different things. Because both types of healing involve inner life, it’s common to mix them up. And thereby waste a great deal of time.
Similarly, using a dishwasher is quite different from using a garbage disposal. Both are valuable appliances that could be located near each other. Both could go under the general category of “cleaning your dishes.” But beware that crunching sound as you fling your cups and saucers into the wrong appliance!
Well, many a seeker of healing is aiming for one type of cleaning but getting the other. For instance, many New Age experts are widely considered to practice spiritual healing. And really they’re using a model of psychological healing to discuss spiritual matters.
Be a smart consumer. Your quality of life could depend on knowing the difference between psychological healing and spiritual healing.
So, go ahead, answer TRUE or FALSE to the questions below. Answers will come in our next post.
- Spiritual healing and psychological healing are always clearly labeled appropriately.
- Both spiritual healing and psychological healing, done expertly, bring cumulative benefits.
- Both spiritual healing and psychological healing, done responsibly, involve taking the healing journey one day at a time.
- If you really want results, both spiritual healing and psychological healing require courage and honesty
- For spiritual healing to work, you have to believe.
- God can tell if you really believe, and will refuse to help you if you don’t truly believe.
- If the practitioner truly believes in God, spiritual healing can happen — even if the client doesn’t believe.
- Spiritual healing is done by means of a spirit guide.
- Both psychological healing and spiritual healing require that you work through your issues.
- The key to psychological healing and spiritual healing, both, involves resolving your traumas and conflicts from the past.
- Any self-help article in a magazine or on a blog probably involves psychological healing, whether the topic is supposed to be spiritual healing or psychological healing.
- Both psychological and spiritual healing can help a person to become spiritually Enlightened.