Oh, those Oscar nominations always have such type casting. Every year, at least one beautiful female victim is proposed for Best Actress. (This year, the Academy really hit the jackpot with 4 out of 5: Nicole Kidman plus Natalie Portman plus Jennifer Lawrence plus Michelle Williams.)
Of course, there’s always a brave bad boy, too. One choice for Best Bad Boy Actor this year is Javier Bardem. In the interest of full disclosure, I’ll tell you that I’m his mother.
I was going to say that I plan to nobly put aside my huge dislike for bad boy characters and, even worse, movie titles that twist the noble English language. This year’s nominee, “Blutiful,” is following on the success of “Inglourious Basterds” in 2009 and “The Pursuit of Happyness” in 2006. What are they going to release next year, “Terrrribal Spelink”?
Okay, let’s move forward intrepidly. On to the serious business of movie reviews with energetic literacy! What will be found when I evaluate Javier’s performance from the inside out, at the level of chakra databanks?
Get ready to ready to join me, Blog-Buddies Do you know what on earth I mean by terms like “energetic literacy” and “chakra databank”? If not, take a look at this introductory post about movie reviews with energetic literacy.
For his nominated role in “Blutiful,” Javier Bardem plays Uxbal, a criminal in Barcelona’s underworld who must confront the consequences of the life he has chosen. Research about Javier’s role is based on this photo. To enlarge the photo, use this Energetic Literacy for Javier Link. Copy onto a document and pull those corners!
Our comparison photo is taken from his performance as Javier the Actor. To enlarge this photo, use this link called “Energetic Literacy about Javier the Actor.” Copy the picture onto a document and pull those corners!
Note: Over time, links can go bad. And legally I don’t have the rights to show celebrity photos, so I can’t display them here other than providing links. But you can easily go over to Google, type in the person’s name and the blog post date, then search on images. Click on a good image, preferably current with the time of the reading here at this blog.
Now, let’s go forth, one chakra databank at a time.
The Reality He Lives in: Aura Reading Databank at the Root Chakra
- As Javier: Sexiness is a core value in this man’s identity. Being in his physical body is a delight. Javier also is a very social man, taking a lot of his cues about reality from the way other people see him.
Also charming: Javier exudes happiness. The reality he lives in has been good to him; he expects continued enjoyment.
- As Uxbal: He feels scared. Life is dangerous.
Yet somehow, despite it all, deeper down, this is a super-charged sexy guy having the time of his life. And he’s quietly laughing while clad in this energetic disguise.
- Chakra Change Point: 1, because this does still count as a major change. And the quiet laughter part is very squooshed down within the chakra databank.
Sex Appeal: Aura Reading Databank at the Belly Chakra
- As Javier: His delightful sex appeal fills the room. This is a major talent, having such a compelling seductiveness.
Sure it would appeal to heterosexual women, but this is an ocean-like sex appeal, surely also delightful to gay men, straight men, lesbians. Who wouldn’t want to go swim in that ocean vicariously, courtesy of this mega-charming auric modeling?
- As Uxbal: No change whatsoever, unless you count the bad boy edge to the extreme, extreme degree of sexiness.
- Chakra Change Point: 0, but who can feel sorry for this guy under the circumstances?
Power in Relationships: Aura Reading Databank at the Solar Plexus Chakra
- As Javier: He’s used to winning. Winning easily.
Did you ever see the “30 Rock” episode where Jon Hamm plays Tina Fey’s boyfriend. He leads a totally charmed life, given outrageous perks constantly, just because he’s so handsome.
This chakra databank in Javier Bardem suggests he has had the real-life equivalent.
- As Uxbal: Small power, big resentment. Life has been cruel to this character. His small degree of power is a noble thing.
- Chakra Change Point: 1. At this point I’m beginning to think that Javier Bardem has made choices with GREAT appeal to the masses.
Being in Touch with His Own Emotions: Aura Reading Databank at the Heart Chakra
- As Javier: Not really! They guy is more aware of his charm factor and how other people are affected. For instance:
Joe is super-duper compliant at giving me whatever I want, practically melting into a puddle of goo = “I feel happy.”
Gladys seems to be resisting my charm. Seriously resisting, as in not-even-interested-type resisting = “I feel sad.”
Now, I don’t mean to imply that the man is a narcissist. Sweetness pervades his aura, like happiness. (And properly spelled happiness, too, no mere “happyness.”) However, this fellow has had a life shaped by outrageous good looks and sparkling charm, much as some rich people’s lives have been defined by the extremely large amount of money available at all times.
When I do these research articles, I do every chakra databank in the set for the actor-as-self. Then I go back to each category and read the nominated role’s chakra databanks.
By now, I will be really amazed if this man can act at all. But he’ll definitely be adorable…. Hey, if I had nothing else on today’s calendar to do, I would be perfectly content to read Mr. Bardem’s happy, sexy chakra databanks all day long.
- As Uxbal: Identical to normal, which would still be fun to watch. Let’s admit it.
I have read auras of quite a few “players” who have this sort of emotional calibration. Only they are actively manipulating the women or men. Javier is more somebody who could walk down the block and count the swooning bodies. And, really, he has done nothing on purpose except to walk. (And to be Javier.)
- Chakra Change Point: 0
Communication Charisma: Aura Reading Databank at the Throat Chakra
- As Javier: Man oh man, the charm and charisma are absolutely dazzling. If Zeus himself appeared in human form and wanted to throw lightning bolts out of his throat chakra, I doubt the effect would be any more spectacular.
Who cares if he can act or not? Javier Bardem is like fourth-of-July fireworks in a state of constant charm replenishment.
- As Uxbal: Cute! He is nearly identical to himself, only there is a slight edge, like “I’m a bad boy, poorly dressed, and definitely an underdog. All the greater triumph that I can be so gosh-darned charming!”
- Chakra Change Point: 1/2, which doesn’t do justice to the fun of being in a theater while watching Bardem. Just imagine, soaking in all this huge treat of auric modeling!
Spiritual Connection: Aura Reading Databank at the Third Eye Chakra
- As Javier: Deep down, the actor has a subtle but huge spiritual connection. In the portions of this chakra databank that would correspond to his everyday self-awareness, there’s no need, no room, for anything spiritual. Javier is having such a very, very good time.
It isn’t arrogance. Or lack of ability. Javier could experience a strong, gorgeous connection to God any time he wants.
Only this life, so far, is such a gift. It’s as though life has handed him a platter of the most delicious food. The appropriate thing to do is eat it, not excuse himself to kneel down on the cold floor in a chapel. For all we know, Bardem did that for lifetimes already, and that is what has earned him this life.
As Uxbal: Light, slight depression of getting no support from God. Yet deep within this characterization, Javier is still very, very connected to God and confident and having a great life.
- Chakra Change Point: 1. Hey, I’m not going to penalize the actor when he can’t scrub all that God presence away.
Total Chakra Change Points: 3 and 1/2
What an adorable actor! He did better in this role than I expected.
Not turning off his huge sex appeal and charisma would be a great big plus for Javier’s career. So what if it’s no triumph acting-wise?
Sex does sell, and the Javier Bardem brand of it is way bankable. Besides, why deprive the audience? Everyone in his audience will win, receiving superbly sexual auric modeling from this actor. Everyone will win, that is, except any moviegoer determined to live as a celibate.