In “127 Hours”, James Franco portrays Aron Ralston, a lone hiker who becomes trapped when his arm is pinned by a boulder. Yum, just the kind of movie I would never, ever voluntarily see.
Hey, I’m game for aura readng research anyhow. So here goes.
Are you ready to join me? Do you know what on earth I mean by terms like “energetic literacy” and “chakra databank”? If not, take a look at this introductory post about movie reviews with energetic literacy.
Here is the actor’s image as James Franco, playing himself. To enlarge the photo, use this Energetic Literacy for James Link. Copy onto a document and pull those corners! I’ve treated you to two images; will be using the clearer Cover Boy photograph for today’s research.
Comparison research is based on the photo at the start of today’s post, in James’ performance as Aron. To enlarge the photo, use this link called “Energetic Literacy for James’ Performance.” Copy the picture onto a document and pull those corners!
Note: Over time, links can go bad. And legally I don’t have the rights to show celebrity photos, so I can’t display them here other than providing links. But you can easily go over to Google, type in the person’s name and the blog post date, then search on images. Click on a good image, preferably current with the time of the reading here at this blog.
Now, let’s go forth, one chakra databank at a time.
The Reality He Lives in: Aura Reading Databank at the Root Chakra
- As James: What a socially based man! Franco’s reality is wide, not deep. He could have been born for Facebook or other social networking concepts that spread out a person’s identity in a lifelong popularity contest.
James’ reality is, largely, about image. “How successful was I at conveying this hard-to-get image?” “Today, I did extra shades of bad boy. Did you notice?”
This guy’s good at summoning forth popularity. And knows it. Which gives him a certain kind of cockiness.
The other screamingly loud thing I notice about James Franco is the lack of strength in his aura. The surprisingly small databanks in his root chakra and elsewhere suggest to me that Franco has been pursuing The Anorexic Ideal to the detriment of his physical comfort. Perhaps some of you Blog-Buddies also know if this star’s history includes partying hard, including party drinks, party chemicals.
This aura reader wouldn’t have expected the handsome, studly star to be so inwardly vacant.
- As Aron: James is playing himself, dressed up for hiking.
- Chakra Change Point: 0
Sex Appeal: Aura Reading Databank at the Belly Chakra
- As James: Two different projections show within this chakra databank. Most notably, there’s a strong “manufactured” projection, for the benefit of others, about being very sexy and desirable, really hot; also sometimes macho and other times sensitive.
Deeper down, I notice a similar listlessness to the regular sex appeal chakra databank in James Franco. Can this man perform sexually? Based on this chakra databank, sure. Except, sex (and sex appeal) are mostly a big game for Franco.
If you have read Aura Reading Through All Your Senses, perhaps you remember the chapter about sex and what goes on, aurically, when two people open up to each other while making love. James doesn’t seem to have much capacity, at the time of his full-length photo, to open up deeply to anyone. He lives on the surface, causing others to notice him, then responding to their responses.
This, his sex appeal is about power more than innate interest in sex — much like what made Angelina Jolie and Madonna sex symbols. Except that James has something extra, a wide-ranging emphasis on relating to as many people as possible, projecting that sex appeal.
- As Aron: Sex appeal is turned up slightly. And did I mention that studly James is dressed up for hiking?
- Chakra Change Point: 0
Power in Relationships: Aura Reading Databank at the Solar Plexus Chakra
- As James: Finally aura reading reveals some oomph! James has something to prove. He would like to assess where he stands in relationships. Because the best part of relating to others is having higher status. Power, for the sake of dominantion, means a great deal.
- As Aron: James’ usual independence and confidence have been turned up a bit compared to normal. Undoubtedly the real acting contrast in “127 hours” would be during the suffering part of the movie, before and during and after the arm cut-off part. Presumably Aron would move out of power then, or struggle, or something very fascinating. So the moviegoer would witness real contrast.
However, I’m only reading the two paired photographs of actor and role as I do for all the rest of the Oscar nominees. A pre-self-amputation photo is not generally included. Therefore…
- Chakra Change Point: 1/8
Being in Touch with His Own Emotions: Aura Reading Databank at the Heart Chakra
- As James: In touch with his own emotions? Not really. This chakra databank is out about 1/8 inch, in “Turned-off” position.
By contast, James’ Heart Chakra databank about “Social Intelligence” — reading emotions of other people — goes out about 90 miles.
- As Aron: Perhaps there is a slight nuance, as Aron ignores his personal emotions, where the character seems slightly more studly than usual. You know: Just a whiff more independent about ignoring emotions.
- Chakra Change Point: 1/16
Communication Charisma: Aura Reading Databank at the Throat Chakra
- As James: This databank is similar to the one read earlier about sex appeal. James projects a very strong “Notice me” to a particular frequency, one that I don’t quite get. It doesn’t appeal to me. I don’t understand it. Maybe a generational thing?
Otherwise, the main part I do notice; this part of his “Communication Charisma” databank is not a player’s projection but more who Franco is as a person. The quality here exudes extreme self-confidence and the expectation of getting exactly what he wants.
- As Aron: Charisma characteristics are slightly more focused. Would I count that as a change, however? Not really.
- Chakra Change Point: 0
Spiritual Connection: Aura Reading Databank at the Third Eye Chakra
- As James: If anyone is going to be worshipped by this self-sufficient popularity seeker, it will be himself. A sense of compelling self-fascination guides him in life. This could be a powerful way to impress others, as there is no shyness about being totally out for himself, even spiritually.
- As Aron: Interested in himself, not “a God.” This is, in short, business and aura as usual for James Franco. Had he been inspired by himself as a different version of himself being self-infatuated, I would gladly have scored James Franco a chakra change point. However…
- Chakra Change Point: 0
Total Chakra Change Points: 3/16
Granted, this aura reader may not be praising James Franco enough because of her personal values. Rose Rosetree prefers life deep. Hence the name and contents of this blog. By contrast, I know that many people — and particularly many in Franco’s generation — prefer life wide.
- Is your first act on waking to check your cell for messages?
- Do you visit with friends for a short time and then, by mutual consent, ignore each other while texting your other friends about where you are and whom you’re with?
- Could social networking count as a major value for you.
- Could it the wide electronic connections be a significant part of your social life?
If so, you might prefer the kind of identity and sexiness of James Franco offers here. Ironically, in a different movie I have critiqued for you recently, Jesse Eisenberg portrayed the ultimate social networker with tremendous depths, subtle nuance. Mysterious, right?
Any of you Blog-Buddies have perspective here? Do you consider James Franco much of an actor? Or do you just find him so cute that you don’t care?