Some of you have already experienced Virtual Reincarnation.
Others have experienced it but, lacking the concept, never gave yourself credit.
Still others may be tempted to try really hard when you read today’s post, trying to squoosh or mash or otherwise wrangle a way to force your past experiences into this concept.
No need. Virtual Reincarnation is not the purpose of life. Nor is this some new kind of exclusive club to which all New Agers need aspire. Virtual Reincarnation is merely something that happens sometimes, as part of a person’s spiritual evolution. Plenty of other things can happen that are just as good.
What is Virtual Reincarnation?
Within this same incarnation, you can change and grow to such an extent that you become like a different person having that same lifetime.
Usually a virtual reincarnation is preceded by a long dark night of the soul. By the time you recover, so many things are different. You still feel like yourself, deep down. Yet otherwise you can be so different.
To understand more of the nuances, let’s make some comparisons.
Survival struggle compared to Virtual Reincarnation
Life on earth often includes big struggles, emotionally or physically or materially or socially. (As if you needed me to tell you that!)
But did you ever think about the very different types of struggle that can happen in life? One short list has nothing to do with Virtual Reincarnation. This list of survival struggle includes:
- Resisting one’s growth, as in putting off a divorce. Or delaying the hunt for a better job when you know that soon you’ll be fired.
- Delays and difficulties and detours while you try to do something really hard, like give up an addiction to pot/marijuana/weed; to painkillers or cocaine; or to alcohol/a.k.a. cute little drinks with umbrellas/manly six packs taken as a kind of daily vitamin, etc.
- Making really foolish or interesting choices that one knows, deep down, are going to be a big mistake. Consequences come anyway. Even if one has a great sense of irony, happens to be smarter than other people, etc.
- Dealing with karma that comes back to bite you, karma created by you in other lifetimes.
- Being caught up in karma created by others. For instance, driving around your neighborhood you’ll find a car that changes lanes often and mostly tailgates the car in front, allowing just half a car-length for distance. Pushing it, pushing it, at 40 mph, even when the road isn’t crowded at all. (If you’re not actively committed to getting out of the way, that driver’s inevitable car wreck could involve you and mucho suffering.)
- You might even suffer due to altruistic karma you volunteered for on the other side. Reminds me of Gladys! This client told me that she had recently revisted her Planning Meeting before this lifetime. What she learned: Out of friendship, Gladys had volunteered to incarnate to help her friend Joe. He was going to live in a family of narcissists, none of whom had any particular prior connection to Gladys. Just for love, not obligation, Gladys volunteered to join this weird throng. Sure, she got to help out Joe. Of course, when she landed well into that lifetime, and that karma, she remembered nothing about that Planning Meeting. Only got a clue until way into her forties! Meanwhile, the suffering? It was immense.
Victimey Suffering, also not related to Virtual Reincarnation
A second common kind of suffering involves being a victim, an optional form of victimhood. Examples include:
- Joe’s feeling sorry for himself.
- Gladys’ wallowing.
- Gray slime builds up, due to saying “No” to invitations to grow as a person.
- John’s doing unethical behavior, even when he know better and has the strength to do better. Only he “can’t help it.” Then when inevitable consequences come, “It’s not my fault.”
- Continuing to reference your miserable past, as when Glenda punctuates her tales of woe with blaming her parents.
- Studying about psychic vampires, energy vampires, psychic attack, narcissists, and toxic people. Blaming them for your problems.
- Pretending to heal. As when Jake chooses a healer, or path of growth, that doesn’t work for him. Afterwards he brags, “My problems are so special. See, even that well respected psychologist couldn’t help me one bit.”
- Playing dilettante, in New Age arenas or any path to Enlightenment. For instance, Georgia is beginning to make significant progress with Healer X. When suddently, she announces that she has learned all she can. Now Georgia is off to Healer Y, with whom she will do the very same thing — stop when she’s just getting started.
- Even when friends do interventions and offer him great support, Josiah still doesn’t admit he has a drinking problem. Sure he suffers. He blames life for that.
Blog-Buddies, none of this is likely to lead to Virtual Reincarnation. Nor does it bring big steps of growth.
When people brag about growing through suffering, often they’re doing victimey suffering.
Sure, there will be some growth, except it’s just about the slowest path a person ever could take.
Anyone brave enough to incarnate on earth will experience suffering. Take Josiah for example. Even if he dies totally sloshed, friendless and broke, what happens after the tragic lifetime ends?Rehab comes courtesy of The Other Side, where the rehab is both affordable and excellent. Soon (as calculated by Celestial time), Josiah goes back to being an angel at his current level of development. He has gained huge compassion and evolved through it all. And isn’t evolution the main purpose of living at a school like Earth School?
Angels, secure in their astral consciousness, do not suffer. They live in bliss. And they may learn a lot too, as if one of those really silly angels volunteers as Guardian Angel for someone as wacky as you or me, Blog-Buddies.
What can’t angels do? They can’t evolve spiritually. For that you must sign up for one of the physically embodied learning academies, you know, like Earth School.
Suffering that precedes Virtual Reincarnation
You knew I was going to get here, right?
Sometimes a person will go through a quirky, horrific kind of suffering that doesn’t fit into either of the previous categories. No willing victimhood there. And not merely earning the Cosmic Evolution Points that come from slogging through one more day at Earth School, where survival struggle is such a big part of the learning.
Someone like Mr. George Gladys has been evolving at top speed for years. Every time he has been offered an opportunity to grow, George has done his very best. He lives with honor, follows an ethical code, and fixes up mistakes as best he can.
Gradually George hits this weird patch in his road. The deepest, strangest kind of pain visits him. Pain that doesn’t let up. He feels as though he is dying.
Maybe an event precipitates it — love troubles, career glitch, a health problem, the death of someone he loves. Maybe there isn’t even the satisfaction of a reason, no marker at all.
George just moves through it. Even though everything that has been dear to him… turns hollow.
Some days George just goes through the motions — which is braver than others would guess. Some days he doesn’t do a very good job, even, of going through the motions.
Maybe other people notice. Maybe they don’t.
Maybe other people try to help. Maybe they don’t.
Sometimes healing can help — Energy Spirituality, Energy Psychology, Energy Medicine, something.
Sometimes healing doesn’t seem to help much at all. Time helps. All that helps is just surviving through time — at the prestigious Earth School Academy for Spiritual Evolution, handling time under such circumstances can be a really big courageous deal.
Eventually something clears and George Gladys feels like himself again.
Except it’s a different kind of self.
Not a different soul, like a walk-in. Simply a higher vibrational version of himself, what I call “Virtual Reincarnation.” That Mr. George Gladys is still the same person, only with a higher state of consciousness.
All that suffering was clearing out very deep STUFF, stuck emotional and/or spiritual garbage at the astral level.
Can other people tell if you have gone through Virtual Reincarnation?
Sure, if those people have Stage 3 Energetic Literacy they can tell. Consciously. Of course, they must stop and read the person’s aura, of course, comparing it to before all the virtual reincarnation began.
So energetically literat friends of George Gladys can definitely tell. If they’re familiar with him, they will notice a qualitative shift in different chakra databanks. He’s still himself, only a better version, like my new Microsoft Word 2010 replacing my perfectly good 2003 version.
What about people who don’t have Stage 3 Energetic Literacy yet? Subconsciously everyone can tell, because all of us are busily reading auras at the subconscious level. George Gladys, like every human being (okay, except that he happens to be fictional…) — people who are real and alive do auric modeling constantly. So anyone around Mr. Gladys can definitely tell, in their subconscious minds, about this Virtual Reincarnation. George’s who-you-be has definitely changed.
Can’t any other people tell consciously, except for those who have full energetic literacy? Sure.
- Students of psychic development (a completely different path than studying energetic literacy). A psychic might easily get a hit that George Gladys has gone into Virtual Reincarnation. There might be very interesting background information. Then the psychic might sit down and do a detailed reading all about it.
- Who else could tell? George Gladys might become a Born-Again Christian. Then his whole congregation would know. (Although others in that congregation could be following all the instructions supplied for being Born Again but lack anything remotely like George Gladys’ new degree of spiritual awakening. They could be using similar language to describe altogether different states of consciousness.)
In American society today, there isn’t a whole lot of conversation about Virtual Reincarnation. But there’s plenty of interest in what it would mean to have a profoundly spiritual life. The big conversation in our society is Christian, especially of an Evangelical kind.
So George Gladys might definitely credit Jesus. Also, he might be right, if something beautiful has been going on between them… whether during the whole process, at the beginning or at the end.
However, what’s going on might just as well be something more — or something entirely different. Virtual Reincarnation need not occur in the context of any formal religion. A Divine Being like Jesus might be involved, or not. George Gladys might join a new religion at this time of his life, or leave religion, or join a religion for the first time. Anything is possible for this new version of George Gladys.
You asked for it, Blog-Buddies, so here it was: My first post ever attempting to give a thorough definition of Virtual Reincarnation.
I’m still learning about it, as was quite obvious to you sophisticated readers. Even though I have gone through Virtual Reincarnation myself a couple of times, I’m still learning both personally and professionally what it really means.
Some of my clients have gone through this experience, especially long-term clients who have had many sessions of Energy Spirituality. Whenever I find evidence of this, reading somebody’s aura, I speak right up.
Most of my long-term clients grow enormously, but there’s no Virtual Reincarnation.
Still learning about this? Yes, definitely!
What about the New Age notion of “Ascension”? Does Virtual Reincarnation have anything to do with ascension? To answer that, I guess I would have to know more about what ascension really means. Maybe some of you Blog-Buddies can help me out here.
Also, I would love to learn of any reputable sources where there has been discussion of Virtual Reincarnation. CAROL mentioned in a comment that she learned of this term years ago. I never did, but just started noticing Virtual Reincarnation, then finding a name for it. (You’all know me. Naming new discoveries is one of my great joys in life. Sometimes I get to do the naming first. Though fun, it’s also great to find out when I don’t!)
What do I know that might be related to ascension and Virtual Reincarnation? My own sense of mission in the work I do may be related. As clients come in, thousands of sessions in succession over the years, with each one a unique learning for me as well as my clients, this is my personal description:
I feel that I belong to a large group of souls who have incarnated on earth now to help with a kind of planetary shift, a planetary upgrade. My particular role in all this is to be one of the teachers and healers who helps millions of souls to become spiritually Enlightened, and to do it as householders.
For some of us, Virtual Reincarnation is part of that process. The sacredness of each person’s spiritual path to Enlightenment makes each journey, each story, unique.
Unimaginably fascinating. Soul stirringly beautiful. Each of us in The Great Love Story with our own version of God.