How can I tell if I have a spiritual addiction? Before we wind up this year, let’s address a major theme in this year’s posts. (And in my personal sessions with clients in 2011 as well.)
Like any addiction (alcoholism, marijuana addiction, pornography addiction, sex addiction, love addiction, or addiction to a cult), the consequences of spiritual addiction are very personal, with the worst problems not being universal at all.
The best way to tell if you have a spiritual addiction is to have someone competent at Stage Three Energetic Literacy check out a representative sample of your chakra databanks. However, if you are looking for a checklist, take this Spiritual Addiction Quiz.
Answer TRUE or FALSE. Our next post will interpret your findings.
- I have a closer relationship to my angels than to any actual human beings.
- When I encounter a difficulty or conflict with other people, I try to fix it by taking personal responsibility, such as prayer or trying to see the Divine in the other person’s eyes.
- Before I end any conversation, if there is conflict, it is important for me to bless the other person.
- While interacting with shallow people, I supply a running commentary — a sort of spiritually wiser interpretastion. If I didn’t do this, I might be really, really bored.
- In order to fulfill my spiritual ideals, or my training in psychic development, I must always gauge the energy behind an interaction.
- I believe that, if I keep paying more and more attention to energy in life, I will reach all my personal goals.
- I believe that, if I surrender completely to my Guidance, I will grow fastest.
- It is really important to me that I fulfill my purpose.
- I wish I could quit my job so that I could devote myself full-time to my spiritual work or healing work to help others.
- My personal ego is a trap. I do my best to avoid being tempted by my petty likes and dislikes.