GLADYS felt ashamed of her problem, though she was working on it. “My mind is too active. I can’t receive messages from spirit as I have been taught that I should.”
Well, there’s good news about this “bad” news. Some very good news indeed.
What do you believe about guidance?
Like many a New Ager or spiritual seeker, GLADYS had been taught ideas like the following about receiving messages. How many of them do you believe?
The topic of receiving messages, or guidance, is so very important that I’m going to turn today’s topic into a two parter. Today, let’s explore a quiz about New Age-type ideas.
You Blog-Buddies are sophisticated. So how about answering each question in three different ways?
- TRUE or FALSE, have you heard this idea?
- TRUE or FALSE, have you believed this idea?
- Pause for a moment and consider the implications for your growth and empowerment as a person. From your own experience, if you have believed this idea, what has it really done to make your life better? If you have heard of this idea but not implemented it, why not? Please, share as much detail as you wish when you add a response in the comment box following today’s post.
- Optional: What follows might seem deeply offensive or not. You might even laugh out loud at some of the following items. Feel free to share any reactions like these; it’s part of the educational experience.
Receiving messages QUIZ
- “Receiving messages” means receiving messages from spirit, from God.
- When evolved enough spiritually, you will receive messages constantly.
- Spiritual life is a test, and you are constantly being tested. Will you pick up the messages or miss them?
- Everything happens for a reason. If you are a beginner at receiving message, you can start right where you are. Be vigilant, constantly paying attention to synchronicity. Important messages can be hidden in everyday coincidences.
- After you pick up a message, part of the spiritual test is that you drop everything else you are doing and immediately surrender to the Will of God by doing what you are commanded to do.
- Angels are God’s messangers. It is an honor to be given messages from guides, spirits, or any other being from The Other Side.
- Be vigilant to not let your ego get involved. Because ego is one of the traps that prevents a person from receiving the messages.
- Open your heart to purify it so that you become God’s willing vessel to receive messages about what you are supposed to do.
- If your mind is too active, that also can prevent your receiving messages. Strive to be mellow. Avoid coffee or any other overly stimulating food or drink. A serene, quiet mind means that nothing will get in the way of your receiving life’s important messages from spirit.
- Even if you don’t understand a message that you receive, you are obligated to follow it. (God is watching to find out if you mess up this great opportunity.)
- When you receive messages that concern other people, this is another way that God may test your faith and purity. Are you willing to serve others or not? If you want to pass this test, boldly share every message with other people.
- Even if you must personally sacrifice your own needs to transmit these messages, it is worth it. If you can only help other people, this is how to live your purpose in life.
- Day or night, 24/7, it is your job to be open to messages from spirit. At least, if you are a deeply spiritual person.
- The better you do at receiving and acting at messages, the more of these wonderful messages you will receive.
- If being psychic is in your bloodline, it is especially important that you receive messages. Because, hey, you’ve got talent. And once you are really experienced at God’s instant messaging, your whole life can be like, “Hey, you’ve got mail.”
- Everything in your life can be improved by receiving messages, from which clothes you wear to which foods you eat to how you handle problems that arise in everyday life.
- By asking for guidance often throughout your day, you move forward faster along your path of spiritual evolution.
- When you are living according to these messages, living your faith with unquestioning obedience, that is what it means to be spiritually Enlightened. So the more you care about your connection to God, the more important it should be for you to constantly seek and surrender to messages.