Face Reading Toni Morrison

Toni Morrison, ready for her face reading

Toni Morrison, ready for her face reading

Face Reading Toni Morrison — prepare to be inspired!

Even before we get to the face reading, to know the work of Toni Morrison is to be inspired. Born in 1931, she has become the first African-American woman — and only the eighth female writer on earth — to win the Nobel Prize in Literature.

All the following works are to her credit.

1. The Bluest Eye
  2. Sula
  3. Song of Solomon
  4. Tar Baby
  5. Beloved
  6. Jazz
  7. Paradise
  8. Love
  9. A Mercy

Preparing for this Face Reading of Toni Morrison

Add to that superb list of credits… Toni Morrison’s physical face.

As a physiognomist, I believe that each person’s face is a kind of scripture: A sacred, self-created form that evolves from the age of 18 onwards. From that age forward, we are responsible for our faces.

We shape this physical face data through thoughts, speech, words, actions. Patterns accumulate and outpicture over time, due to the reciprocal relationship between inner person and physical face.

Heredity accounts for only half of a person’s facial characteristics. The other half, far more interesting, reveals the soul.

And as the soul evolves, the face changes.

Not Just Any Face Reading. We’ll Use Face Reading Secrets®.

Face Reading Secrets® is the name of my system for reading faces. You can learn how-to’s from Read People Deeper.

Also, you can browse the 50 different categories in life on which this face reading (plus aura reading plus body language) book is based, from the list at my website.

Or check out three full chapters from “Read People Deeper” chapters that I selected as especially good to read if you’re a browser.

When it comes applying the art of physiognomy — reading faces for character — on Toni Morrison, I am going to use the picture right here. Even though it is not a recent photograph, it’s so soulful.

• Undefended.
  • Letting herself shine through.
  • Nothing fake about her expression.
  • Amazing, really! All attributes being very Toni Morrison and otherwise quite rare in a celebrity’s  photograph.
  • Plus this one comes with a straight-on camera angle, convenient for physiognomy.

In case the photograph shown here goes away, as Internet pix sometimes do, here is a dependable url for a smaller-sized Photobucket version of this great Toni Morrison picture.

Face Reading Toni Morrison Item #1: Lip Proportions

• See the data
  • Compare the fulness of upper and lower lip.

Wait, Before We Get to Toni Morrison. Let’s Debunk this Stereotype.

Ever hear the notion that someone with dark skin automatically has extra-full lips? Hey, compare Morrison’s “African-American lipfulness” to that of talented, white-as-bread actress Scarlett Johansson.

To my knowledge, this actress hasn’t had her lips artificially inflated. Scarlett’s lips just came that way.

One reason I love face reading is the opportunity to overcome more maya, illusion on earth that slows down one’s progress to Enlightenment.

Physiognomy helps you to see the actual person, not some ridiculous stereotype. Sure, keep the beauty of cultural heritage. That’s different.

I long for the day when humanity keeps that part and loses the crazy-wrong assumptions about who people are, based on skin color, or even expectations about how people look, based on skin color.

Interlude over, let’s get back to the face reading….

Yes, Face Reading Toni Morrison’s Lip Proportions

• See the data

Compare the fulness of upper and lower lip. Most people have a fuller lower lip. Sometimes a VERY much fuller lower lip. For Toni Morrison, that upper lip is significantly fuller.

• Corresponding talent

Communication (including writing) that emphasizes perceptiveness.

So, in Toni Morrison’s case, that VERY version of the face reading data would correspond to VERY big talent (and inclination) to communicate about subjective life, and do this with uncanny accuracy.

• Potential challenge

Telling people inside information they don’t welcome or can’t handle. Of course, one advantage of writing is that one can tell all one wants. 🙂

For me that was part of the fun of writing my one published novel so far,  (plus two earlier ones I destroyed). The paperback novel about an empath will soon be converted into an ebook, under a different title. In either case, it’s clear I am no Toni Morrison. Though I remain definitely an empath.

Face Reading Toni Morrison, Item #2: Natural Lip Liner on UPPER lip

• See the data

This isn’t makeup. It’s flesh. See that flesh-colored outline around the edges of Toni Morrison’s upper lip?

Most folks don’t have that. Interestingly, Scarlett Johansson does have it, but in a very telling variation. If you see this face reading-sized photo of Scarlett, check out the slightly asymmetrical natural lip liner on her upper lip ONLY right below her philtrum.

Yet one more indication that, as a communicator, Scarlett specializes in expressing personal nuances about sex!

• Corresponding talent

Toni Morrison can express personal information in a very succinct manner, communicating a universe in a grain of sand (to paraphrase the famous mystical quote by poet William Blake).

• Potential challenge

Annoyance that other people take so much longer to communicate. Or miss the mark when they do attempt to describe inner life, whether for themselves or for others.

Especially while teaching in universities (including Howard and Yale), has Toni Morrison secretly wondered why some of her writing students took so very long to get to the point?

Face Reading Toni Morrison, Item #3: Natural lip liner on LOWER lip

• See the data

Find that fleshy outline around Toni Morrison’s lower lip, also.

Natural lip liner is unusual on even one half of a person’s mouth. To have this characteristic on both lips is really unusual. And even among the small group of mortals whose souls outpicture this attribute, Ms. Morrison is a VERY. Note the clear natural outline. Wow!

• Corresponding talent

Super-potent, succinct communication about facts, objective reality, physical life, what happens in the shared human reality of material life.

• Potential challenge

Wondering why people take so long to get to the point about facts. Or describe them in such a sloppy manner.

Why, for instance, would a Rose Rosetree-type blogger include an entire, semi-ridiculous paragraph in order to state, more or less obliquely, and totally unnecessarilly, the exclusion from her own facial repertoire — which would, of course, be extremely relevant to a physiognomy-style analysis of her own personal mouth — of such a characteristic, especially when said physical characteristic is so exceedingly easy to identify, whether its presence or its absence?

Toni Morrison would have said, simply, “I don’t have it.”

Except, of course, she does.

Face Reading Toni Morrison, Item #4: Burnout line at bridge of nose

• See the data

In a quirky way, this looks like a nose ring. Only it’s not jewelry stuck in a pierced nostril flange. Nope, it’s a half-circle of wrinkle, right at the bridge of the nose.

• Corresponding talent

Wrinkles are God’s makeup. So is the rest of the face, as it evolves over time.

This particular medal, conferred by God, is for working really, really hard.

Combining talent with hard work explains a great deal about the stellar career of Toni Morrison.

• Potential challenge

It’s hard on a body, working that much.

Face Reading Toni Morrison, Item #5: Even-angled right eye

• See the data

First thing, be sure to tell right from left in a photo. This will not be like seeing yourself in a mirror, where your right eye shows up on the right side of the mirror.

Quite the opposite. So “Go flippo” and cross over in your mind, seeing Toni Morrison. It’s as if you were preparing to shake hands with her, right hand crossing over to reach her right hand.

• Now that you’re looking at the appropriate eye, imagine two dots.
  • Put one dot at the inner corner of her eye, by the tear duct.
  • Imagine the other dot at the other eye corner.
  • In your imagination, connect those two dots with a line. For that eye, the line is quite straight, parallel to the floor where you are, Blog-Buddy.

Toni Morrison’s Face Reading Data Here Is a Rare Treat

How rare is an even-angled eye? Maybe 1 in 2,000 people has one.

• Corresponding talent

Toni Morrison’s talent associated with that even-angled right eye will pertain to her career. If her left eye were the one with this rare physiognomy characteristic, the meaning would pertain to her personal life, relationships with family and close friends. But noooooooooooo.

Seeing things as they are — it’s an uncanny ability for accuracy in life.

Imagine, seeing the glass as half-full and also as half-empty.

Rather useful for creating a fictional world packed with meaning and nuance and accuracy!

• Potential challenge

Toni Morrison might suffer in this regard from a little challenge I like to call “A lack of tolerance for the rest of humanity.”

A Lack of Tolerance for What?

As in wondering, “Why is that person so pie-in-sky optimistic?” Or wondering, “Why is that person so focused on problems? Context is missing here.”

Oh well, everyone can’t be Toni Morrison. Only one person has that privilege.

And she may have overcome every one of the challenges cited in this face reading. If you want to learn about overcoming any of these challenges, pay attention to what a person says or does.

Or, if you’re an impatient sort, learn aura reading. With full Stage Three Energetic Literacy, you can find the related chakra databank and research that from a photograph or in person.

Postscript to Toni Morrison’s Face Reading

My inspiration for choosing Toni Morrison was Blog-Buddy Ann’s nomination for our last Aura Reading Contest, where we were looking for possible molecular empaths. Comment 24. Researching online for photographs, this morning, I learned that Toni Morrison was the one who called Bill Clinton “Our first Black president,” perceptively and boldly commenting in “Talk of the Town: Comment,” The New Yorker:

“Years ago, in the middle of the Whitewater investigation, one heard the first murmurs: white skin notwithstanding, this is our first black President. Blacker than any actual black person who could ever be elected in our children’s lifetime. After all, Clinton displays almost every trope of blackness: single-parent household, born poor, working-class, saxophone-playing, McDonald’s-and-junk-food-loving boy from Arkansas.”

I love that comparison, heard it back in the day, didn’t know the source. Face Reading (at least with my distinctive, trademarked system), isn’t about skin color or race or stereotyping.

I feel a kinship with Toni Morrison in seeking who the person is, what is the life, how the person chooses and grows — that’s really what matters. Behind the stereotypes, reading faces or auras or doing skilled empath merges, we can deconstruct… the real person.

And, speaking of real, I admire how this writer and teacher does photographs. Not a smidge of shyness or phoniness. Somehow her quirky, strong self shows through with uncommon clarity. Even in an obviously posed and restrained photograph, like the one for the cover of this edition of “Beloved,” behold the authentic sparkle.

Jean says:

Thank you for this uplifting post Rose.

I do believe that is a mark of devotion I see in both photos of Toni Morrison…

An Avid Reader says:

Thank you, Rose, for this wonderful blog post. Toni Morrison’s books are amazingly compelling and I found myself enthralled by a number of them. My favorite one was Sula.

Jill says:

A beautiful read of a beautiful person, Rose.

I read a couple of Toni Morrison’s books about 10 years ago, at least. The Bluest Eye and Beloved. They are very compelling reads and so insightful and utterly truthful in the character development that It was almost painful to read at times. I can’t even remember the plots clearly but I can still remember how compelling the reads were. That says a lot for the author’s potent communication style.

You will love her books, Rose.

And, of course, thanks so much to AN AVID READER and JILL.

Yes, I am looking forward to those books!

"SY" says:

Blog-Buddies, speaking of being re-touched, thanks to Blog-Buddy “SY.”, I came across an article about the prevalence of re-touching.

In case you wondered just how plastic the people are who seem “real” in today’s magazines and media, check this out:

Ann says:

I echo the previous sentiments about this uplifting and beautiful post, ROSE, and I’m so thrilled that you read Toni Morrison’s face! It’s also delightful to read that other blog-buddies find her works as compelling as I do.

Thanks for all you share with us!

Anonymous says:

Regarding the link in Comment #6, I was stunned by the “before” and “after” pictures of the model who was retouched/airbrushed/photoshopped.

Her after image felt stripped of humanity for me. She looked like a video game character. No wonder models on magazine covers so often seemed to have an unhuman (inhumane?) and alien element to them, at least to my eyes.

She was perfectly beautiful before being airbrushed. I didn’t even find her to be exceptionally more beautiful after being airbrushed. An she looked a lot less interesting, actually.

I actually wonder what it would for humanity, collectively, to represent a more accurate cross-section of all people in society – not just young, white, thin, and beautiful…

I wonder if it would start a revolution, in a way.

Jill says:

Rose,

I did check out the retouching site you posted in comment 6 and it was really frightening how much they had changed that lovely young lady – and how easy. It is very interesting to just slide the bar at the bottom of the picture after going through and seeing each step they took.

I’m glad I don’t have TV and don’t read magazines these days.

Here’s to that revolutionary aspiration, ANONYMOUS.

As for you, Sri JILL, why am I not surprised that you don’t spend your days watching retouched photographs and yearning to plasticize yourself into that dubious standard of perfection?

Jennifer says:

Oh my gosh I LOVE Toni Morrison!!! Thank you for doing this face reading Rose, it was amazing! I think you’ll like her work too, particularly “The Bluest Eye,” considering you’re so interested in beauty culture in the U.S. – this book is about how the white beauty ideal affects African Americans (among other themes of course). And her use of language is just stunning. Have fun reading!

Grace S. says:

Wow, those touch ups are frightening and bizarre. Thanks for the link.

JENNIFER, you’re so welcome. Who are some of your favorite fiction writers?

The question goes out to ALL you Blog-Buddies?

Not just because it’s fun for our Online Community to swap faves. But when I work out every day, most often I listen to audiobooks. I’m hungry for wonders in the fiction realm.

GRACE S., I know you’re a mother. Granted your child is a boy, and so less likely to scream to you that he absolutely must have a nose job or breast implants.

As a parent — and for the rest of you Blog-Buddies who care about kids — what do you think parents can do to help children accept their faces, their bodies.

When they grow up in society rife with images that are tweaked and plastic and unnatural (yet charming, apparently natural and real), how can we protect them?

Isn’t it natural that young women, for instance, would compare themselves to the retouched photo show in the link at Comment #6?

Grace S. says:

Since he was little we talked about how beautiful our bodies are to imprint him with that basic idea (and my husband has struggled with weight gain, and we still would talk about what a beautiful man he was while coming out of the shower or changing). We would also try to find something to appreciate in strangers…

Blog-Buddies, GRACE S.’s comment was so great, it was upgraded to Guest Post for today.

Check it out here:

Amanda says:

Hello Rose, you lovely lady you – how nice to see you and your family, and thank you for putting a face to Mitch! 🙂

I showed the retouch link to my daughter, who is nearly twelve and larger than most girls her age (by genetics) so she’s at a vulnerable stage. We played around with the photo. Her comment was that the real model was much prettier than her plasticised retouched look!

I tell my kids they’re gorgeous (because they are) and that they simply need to eat reasonably healthily and not worry too much about comparing themselves to other people. (This is not going to work for two early teenagers, but I think it’s still worth saying; they will hopefully put it in their heads somewhere, and can perhaps consider it later!)

Helping them to realise that magazine models are simply about fashion and not aspiration is made easier for me because they will realistically never achieve that look.

I make sure my daughter sees that Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce, Marilyn Monroe etc. are not tiny skinny women but nonetheless gorgeous. My aim is to make sure she likes herself enough and has enough going on generally in other areas not to get silly about her size either way, so I try to keep it all low-key.

Thanks for posting the link. It was brilliant!

🙂

Amanda

Multiple thanks there, AMANDA.

What a great line, “Magazine models are simply about fashion and not aspiration.”

Grace S. says:

Hey ROSE, I have a couple of questions that I’ve been chewing on about Face Reading.

One is the implication and importance of scars. In particular, it’s not uncommon to see one right down the middle of a philtrum. What could that mean?

Another oddity is a kid I know with two dimples, but the right one is significantly lower than the corner of their mouth.

If you’ve got the time, I’d appreciate your help on this! Take care.

GRACE S., you know I am delighted you have been thinking about reading faces. Excellent!

But this is a public blog with teaching about topics of general interest and not a substitute for teaching and other services I offer.

Can you imagine what this blog, or my life, would be like if I opened it up to discussing general topics and personal face data oddities, based on anyone having the desire to ask questions here?

Oopsie. I know you meant well. Not to mention that the kid you asked about might be important to you.

Three ways I CAN realistically help you… and other Blog-Buddies with questions about reading faces:

* Invite you to take my upcoming annual Face Reading Workshop. June 9-10, 2012.

(Details of all workshops this year are right off the home page at the Official Rose Rosetree Website, http://www.rose-rosetree.com)

* Invite you to have a face reading session by phone, using photographs. Several different types are available, including one about you NOW and a research about how your face has changed over time. Behold the possibilities:

Or you could send me photographs of that kid — if at least 18 years old!!!! — and I can research any face you like as we talk by phone. Simply a research and/or mentoring session!

* The Face Reading Secrets(R) Mentoring Program is a correspondence course that can make you a professional face reader. Again, details are available at my website:

Hope this helps!

Grace S. says:

Thanks for the info! All is good and makes sense.

The dimple thing isn’t actually about my kid, it’s one of his very awkward friends.

The scar thing fascinates me due a funny story (at least entertaining to me!). Several years back my husband got a scar on his left eyebrow making it bent – when I mentioned the significance of that, he just rolled his eyes and shook his head. For the record, both of mine have changed to the “manegerial” type over the years.

Grace S. says:

I had an interesting experience this week – I got to stare at a friend’s face to look at changes (she knows I’m into Face Reading, so there was no “weirdness” involved, LOL!)

She’s developing what looks like scar tissue, even though there has been no injury. And it’s in the center of her philtrum. The reason I had asked the question originally (above in comment 20) was because this location seems to be odd for so many injuries (as opposed to over the eye, a very common childhood scar, I have one).

I’m not looking to give away trade secrets, my intention is to validate that faces do radically change with what is going on in your life! Makes so much sense!

Excellent progress, GRACE S. 🙂

Literal scar tissue related to her sex life or sex appeal — now that’s a personal thing to ask her to verify, even more than regular face reading.

Yes, you will find much to look at with evolving faces, especially if you use photos to refresh memory of how folks look. (Or if, unlike you GRACE S., the physiognomist doesn’t personally remember all those details from the past.)

Especially reassuring to know there was “no weirdness involved.” 😉

Your fan, GRACE S.,

Rose

Grace S. says:

Ohhh, I don’t have to verify, I’ve been hearing about this emotional “conflict of interest” for a couple of years now!

I know our ensuing conversation (spelling out the scar tissue for her) made her pause to think about how innocent her “simple” attraction really is.