Aura Reading Russell Brand

Best Celebrity Aura Readings

Blog-Buddies, Internet working here for the first time in a week, finally I can do a blog post.

And what perfect timing, because all of us Mid-Atlantic folks who were wallopped by the derecho storm could use some extra humor. Even before leaving for England, I had chosen three different comedians to receive aura reading posts here at our blog. For context, see our Aura Reading Contest, Celebrating Humor.

Let’s start our trio of aura readings with Russell Brand.

Pull up his photo for your own Stage Three Aura Reading Research by using this nice, juicy, big aura reading photograph or this smaller, dependable, aura reading photo. In its own separate window, you can enlarge it quite nicely.

Note: Over time, links can go bad. And legally I don’t have the rights to show celebrity photos, so I can’t display them here other than providing links. But you can easily go over to Google, type in the person’s name and the blog post date, then search on images. Click on a good image, preferably current with the time of the reading here at this blog.

Before reading Russell Brand’s aura, some background

In her Aura Reading Contest Nomination, at Comment 4, M. wrote a sweet tribute, edited a bit here:

If you’’ve seen any interview with him, you’’ll know why I am nominating Russell Brand: Magnetic, intense, articulate, with an alien charisma.

Larry King, who has interviewed everyone, remarked that he was one of the most bizarre/awesome guests he’’s ever had.

Conan O’’Brien called him magical.

Former drug addict (including heroin) and sex addict.

Found his way to sobriety through abstinence-based recovery.

Is a Shakespearean-trained actor who has worked with Helen Mirren; twice. Recently divorced to a much wealthier Katy Perry but did not ask for a penny in the divorce.

Often speaks out on sobriety and recovery.

Gave a speech to British Parliament (wearing a cowboy hat and a ripped tank top) on showing compassion to addicts, and having a compassion-based rather than nuisance-based attitude to the solution of crimes committed by addicts.

“But for me, it’’s more important that we regard people suffering from addiction with compassion and that there’’s a pragmatic rather than a symbolic approach to treating it.”

And M. also supplied a YouTube link to Russell Brand speaking at Parliament.

Other Russell Brand background, less fan-like

When I told one of my friends about my impending aura reading of Russell Brand, the reaction was a bit different. JOE said, “Such a nutty guy! Apart from the drugs, there is something seriously wrong with him.”

Well, so far I have not idea who is right about this. Teaching point, though: Not knowing if Brand is really in good shape or not, of course I am going to use techniques of aura reading, not Skilled Empath Merge, to read him deeper.

My policy is to always, always, always start with the less personal, less immediate perception of simple energetic literacy skills. Experience with Skilled Empath Merge, though deeper and more nuanced, is way too personal a technique to use without good reason.

Okay, on to using Stage Three Energetic Literacy to research one chakra databank at a time on the great Russell Brand.

Aura Reading Databank at the Root Chakra: Handling Social Rules and Expectations

90 feet, pure Ray of Shiva.

Russell notices social rules and standards only the better to knock them down.

It isn’t a personal kookiness so much as how his consciousness is positioned, seems to me. This man has the clarity of a cultural anthropologist from Neptune. He never has felt as though he belonged on this earth as a human being.

Instead, he lives through the human nervous system, at peace with living this way, at this time in his life.

Immediately I can relate to what JOE said. If you expect Russell Brand to be a normal human being, as we humans tend to do, it really might be disappointing. He might seem to have something seriously wrong with him.

Actually, for how he is positioned within this human life, I’d say he has made a superb adjustment. He’s growing as a human and fulfilling his role as a World Server. This is just an unusual incarnation, both for him and his observers.

Aura Reading Databank at the Belly Chakra: Sexual Self-Esteem

27 feet.

Outrageous, uninhibited, very sexual. Part of the fun about sex, for Russell Brand, is his relationship to the body as though it is a delightful plaything.

Again, he doesn’t identify with the body as much as most people do, nor in the ways that most people do. In Russell Brand’s deep history, there may not be a whole lot of human incarnations.

Living at this time of rapid spiritual evolution on earth, many souls have incarnated from all over the Universe, beings who would not ordinarily incarnate here. It reminds me of the original “Star Wars” movie, the cafe with all those weird space creatures.

For Russell Brand at the time of this photograph, sexual self-esteem is excellent because he gets to set the standards. It isn’t like most of human society where loads of people do things that may seem bizarre to him.

Aura Reading Databank at the Solar Plexus Chakra: Self-Confidence

8 feet.

Sometimes he’s shy. Okay, often Russell Brand feels awkward and shy.

Russell Brand is at his best in his public persona, as a World Server. Then he’s on his mission, and finds it easy to be The Larger Than Life Performer.

Fame has had a constructive effect on Russell’s development. I believe it helped him move out of feeling like a miserable mess-up of a human being. This sense of himself is still definitely there, not the least bit healed yet. Only it is contained.

It’s as though Russell has constructed an alternative reality to inhabit, in which he is a public personality who is brilliant at what he does, and as long as he is “on,” everything works out fine. Being unusual doesn’t hurt him in any way; in fact he may conflate his otherness as a human with having talent or having what it takes to distinguish himself among comedians.

Incidentally, I haven’t found anything yet about being inherently funny. But some comedians do not have that in their chakra databanks. Instead they have skill sets about how to do humor and are brilliant enough to make a career out of this.

For instance, Dave Barry, whose work I have riotously loved back in the day. Once I read Dave Barry’s aura for Gene Weingarten. I mentioned this lack of inherent funniness to Gene, and it thudded like a lead balloon. Gene was probably incredulous, partly because he knows Dave well and partly because he, Gene, really is a funny guy. Inherently funny, as evidenced in many of his chakra databanks.

Maybe I will find inherent humor in Russell Brand. I just plod through with these skills of energetic literacy, you know. Making predictions about what I’ll find would be more the work of a psychic, which you long-time Blog-Buddies know well that I am not.

Aura Reading Databank at the Solar Plexus Chakra: Handling Conflict

9 inches.

Aha! Here’s something at least humorous-like. When Russell Brand finds conflict in everyday situations, he uses his very, very dry wit to distance himself and remove himself from the involvement with conflict.

Picture a set of tongs. Like the operation of Russell’s wit, he will pick up one of these intellectually powerful tongs and employ it to pick up a little piece of the situation or relationship; then he will drop the offending thingie somewhere else in a new context.

The cleverness is what makes people laugh. That and his own comfort with an oddly detached way of relating to the reality in the first place. Reminds me of the android character of “Data” in “Star Trek, The Next Generation.”

Only the pain, anger, and discomfort (though suppressed) in Mr. Brand’s chakra databank are very human.

Aura Reading Databank at the Heart Chakra: Emotional Growth

19 feet.

Sweet! A triumph!

Or, to put it another way, oy such a mess! Plus courage and the refusal to give up.

Russell has suffered so much, especially through the addictions and then the shift out of addictions, it is pain heaped upon pain.

Unlike so many of his dealings with human reality, however, the emotional pain has been very real, not the least bit detached.

Humor has not really helped with this aspect of life for him, by the way. Not internally. He has gained compassion from it, however, and that compassion does inform his performance style and choice of activities in life, such as being willing to out himself as someone in recovery.

Aura Reading Databank at the Throat Chakra: Communicating as a Performer

Fills the room plus many inches

Bright, snappy, bold, “Nothing can hurt me” and “Nothing ever has really hurt me.”

These are features of a consistently maintained public persona that now runs on its own steam, as it were.

Being funny and original are definitely part of the persona. It can be turned on at a second’s notice.

Conclusion

Comedians are especially poignant and surprising to this aura reader and empath. You really cannot tell what degree of misery has animated the performer.

Once I spoke with JOE, who had been a writer for The New Yorker. He told me that he had met many comedians. “The saddest people you ever might meet,” is how he described the ones he had known.

Russell Brand isn’t sad primarily. But he’s complicated and definitely different from the persona he projects. It will be fun to go forth now and actually sample some of his work via YouTube. Thanks so much, M., for nominating this uniquely courageous and talented man.

AJ says:

Really great post Rose! I love this article on Russell Brand. Thank you 🙂

Elaine says:

Rose, interesting and surprising to find out about Russell Brand. I’m not a fan but will also check out some of his youtube performances.

Bridget says:

Thank you for covering Mr. Brand. He definitely sticks out from most entertainers to me for a couple of reasons. First, he has a vast vocabulary compared to his peers (Britney Spears, JLo, etc). Secondly, he actually addresses his topics with substance. For instance, in one interview he mentioned that fame and money were transitory lessons towards enlightenment. I found that an incredible statement because most celebrities seem to only strive for more money and and here’s a celebrity explaining that they are striving towards something greater than themselves. How refreshing! However, to a certain extent, it seemed as though Mr. Brand was using his gift of tab as a distraction from who he really is… Great profile, Rose.

Bridget says:

Gift of gab*

Colleen says:

Thank you Rose for such and interesting post. We can observe, but cannot judge the life experience of this person, this courageous soul.

I am here in beautiful Charlottesville, VA working. I know about the storm a week ago Friday. An xray tech,(who I did not know but many at UVA did), died while trying to get phone service. She was outside her vehicle when a tree hit her. I am glad that you,(and your family), are safe and that you have power.

Dave says:

Russell Brand and his work have never resonated with me on a deep level, and I’ve been more apt to react to him in the fashion of the aforementioned “Joe” than his many fans. Still, an interesting read per usual.

When the blog was down I read some old posts and aura readings covering election year 2008, which were very illuminating. Would love to see some of those for this upcoming election, although I know your schedule is jam packed Rose, and appreciate this free resource.

Also definitely looking forward to the readings of the other two as of yet unnamed comedians!

Rachel says:

Another interesting read, Rose. I haven’t really followed Russell Brand much myself though I have heard of him.

About humour, do you think that it is a cover-up? I once heard a psychiatrist say that humour is the most mature of human defences, but I suppose that depends what is going on inside the person.

It also made me think of that Zen proverb: ‘The only thing that remains is to laugh.’

I have sometimes wondered whether humans start to laugh once all the despair is fully felt and there’s nowhere else to go with it.

Thanks so much, everyone for your comments. Fascinating!

RACHEL, I have an alternative to generalizing about humor. Also humour. It’s called reading chakra databanks.

Reading comedians is one of my favorite/favourite applications of that aura reading nuance. Because one person’s apt application of theory is someone else’s “Huh?”

Jill Erin says:

What an interesting read of an interesting person. I have never seen Russell perform but will now watch some of the UTubes with special interest.

I found it especially interesting how he handles conflict. I feel that we are born with the skills we need to most quickly advance us through the lessons we came here to earth to learn. That is a very interesting way to distance oneself from the strong emotions of a situation and still “deal” with it in a way that helps others step back and deal with the situation in a more impersonal way, too. A World Server way of learning and teaching at the same time, perhaps?

Very fun and a lot of material for thought here. Thank you, Rose!

Amanda says:

Wow, Rose, having just got back from seeing Katy Perry’s tour film (I have an eleven year old daughter :)) I’m struck by your reading, given that she wrote a song about him called ‘E.T’ which includes the lyrics:

“They say be afraid
    You’re not like the others, futuristic lover
    Different DNA
    They don’t understand you
    You’re from a whole other world
    A different dimension..”

Once again Rose picks up on something his own wife described!

You have such a talent, and thank you for this interesting post. He’s not my cup of tea but he’s certainly doing some interesting things with his time here!

🙂

Amanda

Amy says:

Having read his autobiography ‘Booky Wook’ (book title conventions be damned!) this reading is especially interesting! I find him hard to watch at times because he is so apt to engage with topics by talking about them abstractly in strange contexts and so I think the title ‘cultural anthropologist’ suits him nicely.

Thanks so much, AMY, AMANDA, JILL ERIN.

“Different DNA,” says it well, AMANDA.

Being in England, like you and RACHEL and AMY, I found the TV ads so different. For instance, I saw much hype for that Katy Perry movie, compared to being back home where I found a Washington Post article but no televised promotion.

Not that I spend nearly as much time watching TV here as I did in London, where I gleefully soaked up the wit and cleverness in so many of the commercials (and also enjoyed the occasional program).

Before this trip, I had no idea how much reality TV shows on regular TV in London, nor how many programs would be about Shakespeare. (Enjoyed the latter, if not the former, anyhow.)

The other wild contrast about television, for me, on this trip was discovering how many old (often terrible) American movies were shown, so long as there was a British character or trip to England included somewhere.

Especially weird was a nearly camp black-and-white flick with Bette Davis as Queen Elizabeth and Errol Flynn as Essex.

What shifts in earnestness have taken place since then.

Perhaps one reason I am so fascinated by reading people deeper NOW is that current culture demands that we read people shallowly, then distance ourselves further through irony.

M. says:

Thanks so much for reading him, Rose! Sorry I didn’t read this sooner. For whatever reason it doesn’t surprise me that he hasn’t always been human. That must be why people react strongly to him; good, bad, or strangely enough, loudly dismiss him with a broad brush of “meh, weird guy”.

The inherently or not inherently funny phenomena is interesting because I do notice that a lot of comedians mention being heavily influenced at an early age by the comic role models they would imitate. It’s almost like the moderately successful ones grow up in a bubble of comic media and they develop their a sense for humor through osmosis.

I know that we laugh at absurdities (the “ideal” lover Fabio, with all his flowing hair, being hit in the face by a flying goose) so who better than a detached, alien of a man like Russell Brand to notice those absurdities in our world and bring them to light? He doesn’t need inherent talents to be observant.

I just saw a video of Russell Brand that a friend posted:
    [Link No Longer Available]
    The way he handled the interview was amazing. Unfazed by anything the interviewer said, he just kept coming back to his central points. And it was like he was an alien pointing out the absurdities or our political system. I remembered you had done this aura reading and re-read it. Having seen the man in action, I appreciate this reading even more. Hooray for the Ray of Shiva people! Do they ever make people uncomfortable, but who else is so willing to say things that need to be said?! Amazing!