Hanging onto your STUFF, a Guest Post by Jill Erin

Jill Erin Mabie, a molecular empath who is also Enlightened

Blog-Buddies, today’s Guest Post began as JILL’s comment at a popular recent thread at another Guest Post, Cord-cutting at an intersection that changed my life, a Guest Post by Max.

However, this comment was so thought-provoking and thorough, I thought it deserved its own space, easy to access.

While I was busy reading inspired comments here from you all, we crossed a threshhold here at “Deeper Perception Made Practical.”

We went over 10,000 approved comments, way over, all the way to 10,744.

Here’s a shout-out to all you Blog-Buddies who made that happen! And such wonderful comments they are, quantity exceeded by the quality, far as I am concerned.

Also, guess what about the number of blog posts? We got all the way up to 1,071.

Thanks are due, again, to Guest Posters Jill Erin and Max and so many others of you Blog-Buddies.

If I were actively paying attention to promotion and PR, I would have made a fuss over all the stats like 10,000 and 1,000. Today, I’m just glad to have noticed, then grateful to acknowledge.

Gratitude seems like a most appropriate, spontaneous expression of my free will. But did you ever stop to think about…

Gratitude vs. STUFF

“STUFF” is my so very technical term for stored-up emotional and energetic debris. It accumulates at the astral level, if you speak the language of auras.

Or, if you prefer the language of psychology, STUFF exists — and impacts us — at the subconscious, a.k.a. unconscious, level.

Gratitude accumulates even faster than comments at this blog.

Unfortunately, STUFF does also.

My motto with Energy Spirituality is “STUFF can always, always, always be healed.”

If you look at the world around you, evidently, people don’t always take advantage of healing opportunities like aura healing sessions, cord-cutting, etc. Instead, many folks choose to hold onto their STUFF.

Which brings us to JILL’s wonderful Guest Post, where this Enlightened Blog-Buddy shares some insights from when she worked as a critical care nurse.

It doesn’t hurt that Jill’s perspective was shaped by her being a molecular empath, that rare kind of empath who is a lifelong inspiration to others, helping to move them forward rapidly on their path to Enlightenment by just showing up in the room. Even a room where death often enters.

Go JILL ERIN!

Sacred free will includes how we deal with STUFF

I believe we pick the life we have to best be presented with all the opportunities we need to learn what we came here to learn or accomplish.

Max, you are right in that STUFF will cloud our judgment. But, I think we also have the right to hang on to our stuff and suffer or benefit (however you interpret the results) from the consequences of that.

When I had the opportunity to listen to my clients I heard over and over that they were aware of having choice at critical junctures in their lives. Each expressed it differently and it would be attended by either a feeling of failure or accomplishment, but that was a recurring theme regarding their life and health.

Remember, I practiced in a Critical Care setting, so everything was ratcheted up to the max. People are at their most vulnerable physically and emotionally.

I always saw my role at that juncture as giving them the time to make up their mind of whether to stay or move on. I never equated my sense of accomplishment with whether they lived or died. My only accomplishment and obligation to the client was to buy them the time… to the best of my abilities and the technologies at that time.

The only times I disliked being a nurse happened when we were forced to keep someone alive because the family couldn’t let them go, when the patients clearly wanted to move on.

Forcing life

In those cases, we could force them to live for a while, but, eventually, they would move on in spite of the family and our technology.

But, it was at the cost of immense suffering – unnecessary suffering – inflicted out of guilt or an inability to let the loved one go.

But, now, I even see those scenarios as necessary for the ones involved. It was one of those critical junctures where everyone had agreed to play their part to afford all of them an opportunity to “choose differently” this time.

Most of the doctors and nurses I worked with also seemed to get that. I saw only a few who would experience a feeling of “failure” when someone died.

But, a lot of people died in the ICU and if you were of that ilk you probably wouldn’t last long there.

Most of the doctors and nurses mourned the loss, as anyone would, but we didn’t dwell on a sense of failure.

Compassion

I think some people equate compassion with a need to see someone else as less capable of making decisions about their own life, less able to live with all the consequences of those decisions.

My definition of compassion is to see everyone as the master of their own ship but not aware that they are the master of their own ship.

The compassion I feel for that lack of awareness is that they are suffering unnecessarily and I can only hold them up to God for a blessing of light.

To interfere in their life in any way that was not asked for is to take on Karma I don’t want to take on. I simply love unconditionally and do not judge anything.

Curious as Ever says:

This really speaks to me. So many middleaged “kids” nag, judge, etc their elderly parents because they love them, because they see their parents so frail, indeed failing in many ways, and they don’t want to see their parents suffer unnecessarily. Yet in many instances, this inteference only makes the parents feel even less competent, more fragile, and sets up a very painful antagonism. How hard it is to step back and accept that the way they choose is live is.. .. their choice! I am not saying that middleaged kids should always step back, for there are, of course, situations that require active intervention. But maybe not so many as we might think.

Amy says:

Curious as Ever,

Your comment speak to me even as I am in my twenties. I spent a great deal of my teenage years trying to “help” (show) my parents how to communicate/manage a house/even dress better. (You’d think being a teenager I wouldn’t really be able to run a house, but, compared to my parents, I could).

It’s good to remember that how someone lives is their choice! Active intervention is almost never needed I think, and when it’s forced people soon revert back to their old habitual way of living as it is what they are comfortable with and haven’t outgrown it yet.

Wisdom beyond your years, AMY.

As for you, CURIOUS AS EVER, I hope you won’t feel chronologically insulted if I refer to your comment as “Timeless wisdom.”

Jill Erin says:

Curious as Ever and Amy, I second Rose’s comments to you. Both very wise. Those are particularly difficult situations to step back from and do an impersonal assessment in.

When I say that we all have chosen our lives I am speaking of the much deeper level of our choices that really only reverberate in the circumstances of our physical beingness. The interventions you attempt or suggest to your parents, out of love and caring for them, is also a manifestation of those deeper choices you have already made that puts you in relationship with your parents. Embrace those relationships and experience them deeply and with consciousness and you will sense the deeper truth in them. You are very much a part of the choices your parents made for their lives, also.

Max says:

Hi Jill,

That was awesome… that’s really helped me think about things differently.

I, too, am now reconsidering how I think of my parents.

I think I also might have wasted a lot of time and energy trying to “help” them in ways that were probably just causing them more grief.

It’s actually quite nice to have a perspective that could allow me to stop “helping” without feeling like I am being derelict in my filial duty.

Thanks so much for your detailed and insightful reply. You’re rad!

Max

Curious As Ever says:

To add: ego gets in the way, too. “I’m not the sort of child who allows my parent to X, or Y or Z.” Who hasn’t fallen into this on some level?

But will the world really come to an end because diabetic dad wants to scarf down pastries all day in front of the TV? It’s distressing to watch, for sure. You want to say, hey dad, you know, you’re going to end up with brain rot and in a wheelchair. But again, if he’s not ready to be declared incompetent by a court of law, that is his choice. And for sure he’ll rather watch TV than listen to you nag him.

And of course it can go the other way: “I’m not the sort of parent whose kid does X, Y or Z.” Now of course I’m talking about adult “kids”… parents do have a responsbility to shape the behaviour of children. But if the kid, at the age of say 22, or 35, or 50, decides to become a doctor or a banjo player, marry this person or that person, well, you can say what you want and try this or try that, but in the end, that is his or her choice.

Pretending otherwise (comforting as it may be on many levels, and especially to the ego) = humungous waste of time. And very possibly counterproductive.

I am me. You are you. They are who they are. We can all love each other without trying to live each others’ lives. Easier said than done.

PS But when grandpa insists on driving the car when he shouldn’t, that could get somebody killed, so for crying out loud, get a backbone and take the keys away. In sum, there ARE times to intervene, but just because one’s ego hurts isn’t one of them. Ouch.

Curious As Ever says:

And just to add another OUCH. It can be so very painful to watch someone else, and especially someone you love, suffer because of their own decisions.

Amy says:

Curious as Ever,

I think your situation is very hard. I don’t actively have things I am trying to change about my parents anymore, both my parents have serious weight issues, one with heart disease complications and having learned about psychic coercion I no longer say anything about it unless asked, because I am sure I said enough in the past. It is hard when you can see they just do not care about themselves.

The ego thing can be so true: I am not the sort of person who lives in denial. So my parents have to deal with me going “I am not going to pretend that your behaviour is normal or healthy and that this family isn’t dsyfunctional.” Haha

“That sounds like none of my business so I won’t be talking about it with you.”

“This is none of your business so I won’t be talking about it with you.”

“That sounds inappropriate for a work situation, have you thought about telling them so?”

“Yes I do think you’d be happier in the long run getting a divorce.” (said only once, no psychic coercion hopefully)

“If you are going to lie and pretend certain things didn’t happen, I will not continue a conversation with you.”

It is painful to see people stuck, but not respecting that it is their decision to be stuck and trying to change it has really strained the relationship with my parents for me up to this point.

Jill Erin says:

Sorry to be late replying here. I live in the west and we have a fire close to the town I live in now so I have been busy with friends and neighbors, staying up to date and ready to help some evacuate.

Max, I am so glad you found this helpful. I wanted to relay to you the benefits of uncoupling your personal sense of success or failure regarding your clients.
    The experience you had, though, needed the spiritual healing that you got from Rose – as evidenced in the results. Again, I am so grateful that you got that healing and are doing so much better now.

Jill Erin says:

Curious as Ever,

Still more wisdom from you. Thank you. I am sure there are many, many here who can relate to what you wrote.

Jill Erin says:

Amy,

Your candid honesty in communication is very refreshing. The only thing I would add is to please always stay aware of where you are speaking from within yourself. The ego is such a fragile thing – both in yourself and in everyone else. Just be aware and watch how you are feeling when you are talking to your parents. If you are the slightest bit irritated, that will come through and they will get defensive. But, do not try to change your feelings or anything that is being said or happening in that moment. Just notice it non-judgmentally. Surprisingly, just the noticing will affect change without effort.

Of course, if there are deeper issues with anyone perhaps a session of spiritual/aura healing would do wonders for you. It certainly did for me. My parents were long dead when that happened for me but I definitely benefitted from it.

Actually, Rose’s book Become the Most Important Person in the Room would be a wonderful book for everyone to read and practice – even non empaths. I say that because it teaches you how to stay present in your own body. If everyone would do that there would be more action and much less “reaction” in communications.

It’s obvious you love your parents. I wish you the best in communicating that love to them.

Amy says:

Thank you Jill, that is great advice.

Max says:

Hi Jill,

Thanks so much again. This is very useful and important, what you’ve relayed to me here. It’s already helping me a lot!

I hope you and your friends and neighbors are safe and well.

Max

Jean says:

Hello all,

Had an active couple of days and missed this post.

I would like to thank Jill Erin for sharing here.

So pertinent, thought provoking and somehow comforting….

Have recently been thinking on similar topics – as I had mentioned I am currently involved in care-giving for my elderly folks who are getting closer to moving on.

Jill Erin – I have a respectful request.

Might you consider sharing more on the topic of death?

My apologies as this request will most likely find you busy.
    Please know that I too am hoping for the best for your friends and neighbors.
    I feel good knowing you are there ready to help them out. 🙂

And big thanks to Curious As Ever, Amy and Max for your comments.

I will be re-reading and re-absorbing all.

Jill Erin says:

Jean,

Sorry about the late response. I have been busy here. The community is pulling together as communities do in crisis. Wonderful to see and experience.

[Snip: Blog-Buddies, this long answer to JEAN’s question has been moved into its own Guest Post. JILL ERIN concludes….]

Does this answer your question?