God Game

God Game — play it and you win. To help you succeed, this blog post introduces you to a simple way to search for God. And find God, too: “The Pocket.”

Today’s post flows from a wonderful Guest Post by SOPHIA, If you don’t believe in God, how can Energy Spirituality help you? Part 1,

In response, we’ve got an equally heartfelt and amazing Guest Post by AMY. Her Part 2 to this conversation was Does your relationship to God depend on social belonging? A Guest Post by Amy.

Many wise, impassioned comments flowed at both of these posts. Today, as promised, I will add my perspective. We could call it “If you don’t believe in God… Part 3.”

Except maybe you have already noticed, I choose to call it something different. Because I can. Which is perfect for considering…

The God Game

So much serious, rageful, confusing, unkind conversation has been dedicated to God. One could imagine God twirling in Her grave as a result.

Except, God isn’t dead. Not unless you want Her to be. Or Him to be.

Which brings us to a truly fathomless source of amusement. Since childhood, you have been playing The God Game.

First thing to like about this game: You always win.

A second thing to like: You have zero pressure.

A third reason to play The God Game: You make up the rules.

Incidentally, in case you hadn’t noticed yet. Everybody HAS to play The God Game. In fact, you have been playing it since childhood.

God Game: How to Play

There are just three rules to The God Game:

1. You define God for yourself. The who, where, why, when, what.
  2. Give God whichever qualities you choose.
  3. Automatically, God will show up that way for you. So will life, people, all your human experience.

God Game: How to Win

You always win the God Game. You always win, no matter what.

Skeptical that everyone can play this game, atheists and agnostics included? Highly recommended reading is America’s Four Gods. Authors Paul Froese and Christopher Bader have written a kind of masterpiece in this nonfiction book.

Here is an official summary from a certain famous bookselling website:

They show that regardless of our religious tradition (or lack thereof), Americans worship four distinct types of God: The Authoritative God–who is both engaged in the world and judgmental; The Benevolent God–who loves and helps us in spite of our failings; The Critical God–who catalogs our sins but does not punish them (at least not in this life); and The Distant God–who stands apart from the world He created.

Really, the book discusses five — not four — ways to play The God Game. Because a final option discussed is “Atheism: The Un-God.”

God Game Choices

Authors of the most comprehensive survey of Americans’ religious beliefs ever conducted, Bader and Froese discuss the implications of beliefs about God and other aspects of life:

• Personal morals
  • View of science
  • Relationship to money
  • Politics
  • Child rearing

You name it.

That, of course, is the point to what I call “The God Game.” You decide. Then your life shows up accordingly.

Play that God Game as vigorously as you like. Change your definitions. Then watch the kaleidoscope of life rearrange itself for you, here at Earth School.

Incidentally, if you like, you may take “The God Test.”

God Game: The Pocket:

Adding a gift to you from Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES). Here’s something special. An extra version of the God Game

Freely play or reinvent the God Game whenever you like. Beyond that, some delightful options are available.

Sure, you can make up extra God Games, given your ongoing version of the God Game.

For instance, here is a God Game I’ve played for the past five years: The Pocket.

Everything you see, everyone you are with, even blank space, contains pockets. Reach into any one of these infinite pockets whenever you like.

There you will find God.

More God Games

On your path to Enlightenment, extra God Games may help to accelerate your spiritual evolution. One of my books can help you that way: Let Today Be a Holiday: 365 Ways to Co-Create with God is the print edition. A Kindle edition is available, with a different title: 365 Ways to a Stronger You.

With Enlightenment Coaching, part of the fun is that I can help you to design extra God Games.

Also, using techniques of energetic literacy, we can research the consequences of God Games you have already played. Either consequences on you back in the day or consequences for you NOW. (The aura reading techniques employed for this could include Soul Thrill Aura Research and also Consciousness Positioning Consults.)

Most important, with no help from Rose Rosetree at all… In Enlightenment you can constantly discover new God Games.

That is part of the fun. As you heap bliss upon bliss, gratitude upon gratitude, etc.of faith or religion or lack thereof, can be incredibly honest and brave. That Free Will Game is just as fascinating as the God Game, isn’t it?

Jeya says:

I’d just like to share my experience.
    God was too abstract a concept for me for many years and so, as much as I wanted to, I just could not have a relationship with Him.
    But then I read ‘Friendship With God’ by Neale Donald Walsh and just like that God became my friend. I fell totally in love with Her and still am to this day.
    It was a pivotal book for me and maybe it could do too for some of you (who struggle to have a relationship with God) what it did for me.
    Life is so much easier when one can tap in to God. He(She) gives and gives and gives without condition. Ever loving, ever compassionate and greatly humorous!

Amy says:

Hmm, I believe in a God that helps you on your path of enlightenment. I think that may have something to do with how I am only now starting to work on having savings. Money has always turned up when I needed it. It is still important for my financial independence to learn that skill though!

Sophia says:

I don’t have a “Highest Power” or a “Higher Power.”
    I’ve tried before with a 12-Step program, and this is why I couldn’t do it.

Jill Erin says:

I took the quiz at the web site for the book and it was very interesting to see the percentages of who believes in the four versions of God.

Rose, your book, Let Today be a Holiday, is an excellent daily read. I loved it and loved the exercises you have in it for each day.

I, personally, prefer to be around atheists who take responsibility for their lives. It’s just easier to talk and work with them than it is to deal with people who can shuffle blame and responsibility elsewhere. And, it was only when I took full responsibility for my life, myself, that I was able to reach enlightenment.

Jeya says:

Sophia says:

Too funny:

I took the quiz –
    and that was the reply I got:

500 – Internal server error.
    There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Primmie says:

Thanks for this Rose, and everyone who’s written on these threads. I think it’s come at an opportune time for me as it’s made me look again at why I define myself as an atheist.

I do so love to define myself that way. It gave me an identity that separated me from things I didn’t like as a child. It made me feel connected to my father who didn’t have any faith. Atheism is like a special childhood friend.

I realise I’m honouring that part of me that wants to be a rebellious child still when I set myself so completely apart from belief. I’m defining the words “God” and “Atheist” from a child place. I need adult meanings for those words. Or perhaps I don’t need meanings at all.

See that, Blog-Buddies, each of us is playing The God Game so fully? We get to be proud of ourselves, regardless of the result, too.

Even dropping out of a 12-Step program could become a source of triumph.

Or receiving a hilarious computer no-can-do. It could bring bliss.

I’d say, that’s because The God Game is working so brilliantly. Everyone gets to choose. Every time.

I am especially taken with JEYA’s comment: A person who has truly understood God will take full responsibility for their life. Those who don’t have not understood God as yet.

Wow! JEYA, if I am not mistaken, this is your first comment here at “Deeper Perception Made Practical.” Please keep them coming.

All you Blog-Buddies! You have a lot to say on this topic, and your sharing those different points of view is such a delight.

BTW, SOPHIA, I checked the link for The God Test. On my computer, it works just fine.

Just in case you want to play with it again, here is a direct link:

Sophia says:

Rose –

The link to the test works just fine. But the results don’t.
    I filled out the “Images of God test,” and then when I clicked to get the result, this is when it showed an error message.

Apparently, by their criteria, my image of God … does not compute.

Not sure whether this is sad or funny!

Amy says:

The image test was funny. I barely see God in any of the photos, it seems all biblical! It’s interesting to see the results and that 48% view God similar to a patriarch from the Bible.

AMY and SOPHIA, I did the Image Test also. Evidently my responses were “weird” enough to also trigger an error message.

This is getting hilarious.

I sought out a webmaster to contact about this bug. Nobody to contact. Drilled down to the Mothership Website, and that one also has nobody to contact.

So, that’s kind of fascinating in its own way also, isn’t it?

As for how you interpret your error message, SOPHIA, you are choosing “Sad or funny?”

Might that be related to how you play The God Game at this time?

Personally, I received the same error message. I didn’t have any strong emotional or intellectual or spiritual reaction. It didn’t seem relevant to me.

That might be because, after having my priority in life from 1979 until now being spiritual growth towards Enlightenment, once I finally moved into that state of consciousness, there can be human-type insecurities that flicker by very briefly. But nothing touches my relationship to God in a negative manner.

God is who I am now, along with the human identity.

To put it in the context of the post at the top of this series of comments, I no longer play anguished versions of The God Game. The games have way more variety now, and could simply be called “My life.”

Colleen says:

I went to take the test and could not complete it. It just does not seem relevant for me at this time. I am experiencing more and more of such things. I chuckled at the idea of a GOD test, however, I might take a DOG test!