Forgiveness is very much on the national mind, given an election that was so hard fought and polarized. But a need for forgiveness hardly waits to come up just every four years.
When you need it, you need it. Whenever.
But what is the best way to get forgiveness? Maybe today’s quiz can help clarify things for you, whether add zest to your current beliefs or open up new possibilities.
Answer TRUE or FALSE to the questions below. Plus — here’s the unusual part — for each of these questions you are invited to supply your ideas of what would help. Which kind of practice would make perfect? (And that could be a practice of any kind, officially a forgiveness practice or something else entirely).
- I need to forgive because I haven’t been the same since that bad thing happened.?
- I need to forgive because I keep thinking about the person who did that bad thing.
- I need to forgive because I have successfully cut my cord of attachment to the person who did that bad thing, yet I still keep thinking about it.
- I need to forgive because my religion requires it.
- I need to forgive because I want to be spiritually pure.
- I need to forgive because, until I forgive, I can’t get on with my life.
- I need to forgive because otherwise I keep feeling angry.
- I need to forgive because forgiveness practices will help me evolve on my path to Enlightenment.
- I need to forgive because what could be more important in life than forgiveness?
- ?I need to forgive because I want to forgive.
Blog-Buddies, I respond to these questions due to my perspectives as a healer with Energy Spirituality, a New Age Consumer, and someone who has begun to offer Enlightenment Coaching.
When you respond, in the comments below, perhaps you would like to include what shapes YOUR perspective.