What have you noticed after The Shift? A guest post by Dave

Blog-Buddies, about this new thread about life after The Shift. It wasn’t announced. It just happened.

You know, like so many other things about living here at Earth School. Here at “Deeper Perception Made Practical,” we were considering Lance Armstrong’s aura. When perceptive blog posts came in by DAVE and JILL ERIN.

What to do? I wanted the first of these writings to shine, so I have moved DAVE’s original comment here, added minor edits, formatted it like a blog post. Three cheers for his use of Skilled Empath Merge!

And then I moved over related comments. More cheers for Jill Erin’s perspective on path to Enlightenment, and how she hangs in her community, beaming away with that Enlightened auric modeling.

This theme of life after The Shift deserves its own easy-to-find place here at the blog. And DAVE’s wise-beyond-years comment belongs as a stand-alone Guest Post. So feel free to add to this themes with your own experiences being in society now, right where you are, after the start of the new Mayan calendar, a.k.a. The Age of Aquarius.

As you do aura reading, Skilled Empath Merge, face reading, or other techniques of energetic literacy, there is so much to notice now.

Ready for The Age of Aquarius. But are others?

Imagine a society where there is very little pretending and posturing. Because folks (and their handlers) can’t get away with saying “Up is down.””

Growing up, I believed that that was the world I was born into, more or less. Harsh lessons from life over time shattered those illusions, though I still sometimes find myself slipping into idealization mode, fashioning people and the world after how I think they ought to be, not how they are.

Stage Three Energetic Literacy is so vital for busting through these illusions and finding the truth. My new favorite game is doing Skilled Empath Merges on people in public. Afterwards I’ll compare whether their body language and behavior line up with what I notice about their internal experience.

The results are hilarious, illuminating, and also confidence boosting.

Confidence, observed with energetic literacy

A lot of the most assured-seeming people are just expert bullshitters, to my perception.

I’ve also come to understand that the main motivating factors for a lot of people are mostly just power and sex, not creative expression or spirituality, like for many empaths.

And not that empaths can’t or don’t enjoy power or sex, but it’s generally at least as interesting and life affirming as emotions, intellect, and spirituality.

Rose wrote about this in “Become the Most Important Person in the Room” but experiencing first hand is interesting. And I find it useful, learning from the psychological processes of people first hand.

Really, many people’s perceptions stop at:

• “Is he hot?”
  • “Does he look influential?”
  • “Am I getting attention?
  • “Oooh, I like attention, that arouses me.”

Just how important does sex have to be?

The amount of physiological energy people spend dwelling on sex, in the most mundane and non-sexy places, is amazing.

I’m surprised there’s not more public copulation.

But I guess it’s hard to know when someone is having out of control sexual fantasies in Starbucks or in the waiting room at the doctor’s office without utilizing Skilled Empath Merge. 😉

How I make sense out of the people around me

My major takeaway is that the bar is set pretty low, right now, on most people’s internal perceptions.

Perfectionists and self-criticizers can breathe a sigh of relief.

And many people who look cool and happening really don’t have much going on inside.

Knowing this intellectually is one thing. Experiencing firsthand, though, brings visceral and powerful learning, and aids in navigating this changing world!

Jill Erin says:

I have been doing my own aura research, like Dave, in my area to get a pulse of the people in my town. I find all the same “Stuff” that Dave relates. There are some gems here. Most of them are the ones who were raised on the ranches within “traditional family values” and are really trying to be open and learning all the time. But, there is a LOT of drug and alcohol abuse around here and I find that that, even more than the sexual fantasies, are dominant in it’s affect of their internal structure and way of being. It all feels sort of loosely hung together and fuzzy, but really focused and hungry for more of the same. Really creepy feeling.

I love Rose’s attitude toward all of this, though. It is non-judgmental and accepting in a very sweet, loving way. “It’s just one lifetime. He’s learning a lot. He’s playing an interesting role for athletic competition in the world at this time. If you think about it, Lance Armstrong is playing that role superbly. This aura reader has no complaint with any of this.”

With Stage 3 Energetic Literacy, after all, we have the ability to see this in others and not be taken advantage of by them. So, we don’t have to feel surprise, resentment, or fear. We can be informed and forewarned, and simply go on about our business of growing and learning and evolving ourselves.

Rachel says:

Gosh, this is fascinating.

I haven’t yet attempted to do a skilled empath merge, but this post definitely motivates me to aim for one – when I’m ready.

I wonder, Dave and Jill Erin, are you both in the States? I’d be curious to know whether some of this is cultural or would it be the same in other countries, too, do you think?

Elaine says:

Dave and Jill. Interesting stuff. I live in a small community and am so not interested in what’s going on in the chakras of most of the people around here. I’ve never been tempted to do any aura research here.

Anita says:

Hi Dave,

Fascinating post!

Jill Erin says:

Rachel and Elaine, I live in Montana in the USA. Montana is the 4th largest state and has a population of less than a million people. We are very rural, but the demographics are changing. The rural west in the USA definitely has a different culture than urban USA. I was raised rural, but have lived in Urban cities in the west and the east. My town is currently where a lot of Hollywood types have moved to as well as authors and musicians. They seem to bring their culture with them, in spite of moving here to “escape” all that. They also bring their “habits” with them.

I was not interested in doing aura research in my town, either, Elaine. It was Roses sharing of her aura research while walking the streets of London that piqued my interest to see if I could find out the most common denominator in my area. Interesting that I found not so much spiritual addiction, as Rose found. People here seem to be pretty much grounded and totally caught up in their image – as Dave found. That could be the Hollywood effect, perhaps. But, the alcohol and drug use has definitely taken it’s toll, also.

anonymous says:

Is it really true that most people are as shallow and power hungry as Dave describes? That’s been my perception too, it always made me feel like I was an alien among humans..or a human amongst vampires. It made me feel VERY different from most people. However, I always thought my perceptions were wrong, that the majority of humanity cannot possibly be this way, it must be my bad luck or coincidence to have encountered what I’ve encountered, or my perceptions of people are off. Is it true that most of humanity operates the way Dave describes or is it a more even mix.

Jean says:

After The Shift…yes I have noticed a big difference.

Thank you Rose for blogging on this topic right after The Shift
    (and before-and since-and hopefully again into the future:)

Dave, Jill Erin, Rachel, Elaine – much gratitude to each one of you for all you have said here.

I have taken the liberty of compiling a grouping of quotes from various posts Rose has written since The Shift has occurred.

These words and concepts are ones that were (and are) particularly helpful to me – ones that I think of regularly – ones that help me to articulate my own take on “Human Life After The Shift”.

**************************************************

Finally that weirdly accelerated evolution of 2011 and 2012 has slowed down to a more normal clip.

You will keep all that spiritual evolution, fear not.

But expect daily life to progress more normally.

In human ways of your choosing, you can consolidate growth.
    A great way to do that?  Simply have fun.

Regardless of any inter-dimensional work you have, being human here counts more than ever.
    This is how you will bring those frequencies into Earth School with ease and grace.

It may seem attractive to space out.
    But the potential for spiritual addiction is stronger than ever.
    As may be pressures from potheads you know, or committed Christians like Pattie Mallette, or New Age seekers of guidance, or Buddhist spurners of “materialism.”

A new, improved path to householder Enlightenment  is yours.

Feel free to create, or co-create with God, something that really keeps you growing as a human being.

Clarity can help you.

And so can insisting on fun.

anonymous says:

Dave, you ended your post on an empowering note. However, I’m curious HOW do you navigate in this world given what you now know about the people in it?

Rachel says:

Hi all,

I have been thinking about this post at odd moments throughout my day! I am, maybe like some others, struggling to get my head around the idea that most people really are motivated mainly by power and sex.

It’s strange, because when I think about ‘society at large,’ I can see it, can see the power/sex motives. But when I think about the people I work with and see every day, I can’t quite believe it. I work in education with challenging kids, and I find it hard to believe that most of the wonderful teachers I work with are sex or power driven.

That does not mean that all the people I work with are spiritually minded empaths, no, not at all!

I am just wondering if there is also a group of society that you could also loosely call intellectuals, people who may not be necessarily spiritually deep or empathic but who are more focused around the intellect or acquiring knowledge. Know what I mean? That doesn’t mean that the people I work with are really ‘intellectuals’ as such, but I still can’t think of them really as the type of people that Dave described.

Huge apologies if this makes me sound like a snob! I am just trying to fit the fascinating contents of this blog post into my every day experiences.

Elaine says:

Jill: Thanks for the response. It struck a chord with me because I live in the Catskill Mountains of New York, in a valley on a mountain top. I know, that sounds odd. Literally on a mountain top and that’s what they call the community of about 7 towns/hamlets. It’s rather isolating because work if you need work done, it’s mainly done by the people who live here. Others are not always desirous of traveling up the mountain to do plumbing, electrical, construction.

However, we are not desolate, there’s ski resorts, beautiful hiking, lakes, etc. A lot of seasonal movement. There’s the summer tourist/season and then the ski season. Rural, but larger cities an hour or so drive north or south. The hamlet I live in has about 1000 building lots.

It is an isolated community, even though NYC, CT 2nd homeowners have bought up much of the once less expensive available houses. There’s a movement with arts here also, music, creative people coming to this space more and more these days. There’s also alcohol, etc. abuse and things that go along with it which were pretty prevalent when I arrived 35 years ago, and seemed really out in the open back then, but less so now, even though I suspect the same amount or more abuse is going on.

I grew up in a city with a suburb type setting where we all knew each other, houses each on their own 1/2 acre for the first 18 years. I went to a rural college and then got a job here. So I moved a suburb type of city to a pretty socially quiet area.

Since this is a small community you hear a lot of what is going on or supposedly going on. I pretty much tune it out and the past 18 months I have adopted a hermit/householder lifestyle of my own choice.

Before that I spent about 4 years hitting the dance floor because I felt motivated to really get out there and just dance with joy. Something has certainly shifted 180 degrees for me, whether it’s my physical area shift I’m feeling or it’s entirely myself or a combination of both.

However, I am having a great time with my creative pursuits, even though I’m fairly self-isolating on this road. I’ve been on fire creatively the latter part of 2011, all of 2012 and it’s just continuing into 2013.

So for me the shift has occurred in the last 18 months. Actively out there socially dancing to pretty much home office pursuing creative ventures which I am thoroughly enjoying.

Jean says:

Great to hear your words and thoughts Anonymous.

As I read your comments 6 and 8…. the “45/45/10” concept comes to my mind as a theory that resonates with me
    (and to some other folks I have mentioned it to)
    as helpful in understanding some of whats a-happinin’ now here at good old Earth School.

A polite request to all.

IMHO it would be a good thing to hear more comments – or a blog post perhaps – about various methods of navigating with the 45/45 if one is perhaps in the 10 – ish area.

Primmie says:

It’s fair to say that most people I know have struggled with issues relating to sex and power, and money and food too. I don’t think that means people are superficial.

Certainly when I was in active addiction I’m sure if anyone had read my aura they’d have been bored. I bored myself. I’m not a fan of readings of people who are struggling with those problems, I find it all so sad and I feel wearied by it.

All the same, I’m not superficial at all and neither are the people I know who have had those issues.

People are learning. Struggling with power or sex are wonderful ways to learn. I should know 🙂

D. says:

I was also curious about people in my life, so I decided to do a survey of 17 people I know (not strangers), reading the Third Eye Chakra Databank: Connection to Spiritual Source. I found that only 12% (2) had healthy, open connections, and I wouldn’t call the other 88% (15) connections open or healthy. And it definitely didn’t seem like anyone had a spiritual addiction.

I was glad though that I did the readings in-depth for “gifts of the soul” and “stuff.” I know that a reading is not a healing for me, but it felt that way. When I saw the number of people in my life who are stuff-filled in so many different ways at this databank, it was kind of freeing. I felt like I could stop blaming myself for not being able to relate to almost all of them! They all had beautiful gift of their souls, of course, but wow the stuck stuff wasn’t anything I have or would want to have in common with them.

These are such fascinating comments, Blog-Buddies.

Using an appropriate amount of energetic literacy skills for one’s daily routine (30 minutes before The Shift; for many of you’all, just 20 minutes now…)

It really can be fun to research people you run into in your community.

Even the seemingly down-to-earth folks, when involved in alcohol or drugs, can take on the aura-level patterning that I call “spiritual addiction.”

You know, that is just a term for a pattern where the person identifies more with astral life, or over-functions with chakra databanks around spirituality and self-analysis.

Meanwhile, chakra databanks relating to regular human functions, like sharing power in relationships or human-style emotional growth, are under-functioning.

JILL ERIN, your Comment #5 also reminded me to give a quick summary, in practical terms, about what is going on with another 45% or so of humanity, what I call “spiritual shut-down.”

This is where a person adapts to the demands of these evolutionary times by hunkering down, maybe very far “down to earth.” There can be emphasis in speech and action over security, old values, and resistance to change,

In that case, what will you find with chakra databanks? In spiritual shut-down, chakra databanks around making contact with Highest Power, or even Higher Power, under-function. While chakra databanks about the big human activities are over-functioning.

You may find especially large chakra databanks in the first three chakras.

So fascinating to research and explore!

Although there can definitely be places where there are NOT about 45% in spiritual shut-down, nor about 45% in spiritual addiction, it is fascinating to do a bit of aura reading research (or, if you’re a mega-skilled empath like that DAVE, sure, Skilled Empath Merge.)

Yes, Blog-Buddies please continue to share your observations.

BTW, DAVE WHO IS WISE BEYOND YOUR YEARS, would you mind sharing with your fans here… how old you are?

Because many of the peers you hang out with might be at a similar age, and hormonal plight. 😉

D., your research is fascinating. Well done.

Here’s an invitation to you. Researching just one chakra databank isn’t really enough to find a pattern, including about spiritual shut-down.

Under-functioning and over-functioning are relative to that person’s chakra databanks, right?

So, as time permits, you are invited to go back to those people you know. Research some other chakra databanks, like:

*Aura reading databank at the Root Chakra: Connection to Objective Reality

*Aura reading databank at the Belly Chakra: Energy for Conforming to Social Group

*Aura reading databank at the Solar Plexus Chakra: Handling Conflict

Suzanne says:

I’m a newbie here and this is my first blog post and I’m certainly not a skilled empath as all of you are but I thought I would share something from my perspective as I could relate somewhat to Dave’s post and had a thought while reading it.

Through out my life, I’ve had similar illusions about people. My illusions too have been dashed by many, especially my close family. My husband frequently calls me naive and he’s probably right to some extent.

I think way too many people feel powerless and generally not loved or worthy of love. That may be what you are seeing. We live in a society where everyone tells everyone else what they should or shouldn’t do or they judge you behind your back with their family and friends. I find that many people don’t take their own darn advice! Money, Power and status take on more meaning they should. Our schools are not exactly pillars of encouraging freedom and creative expression. Love is earned and given only when you deserve it…you get good grades or win the trophy or you give something that someone else wants instead of being unconditional. Sex has become a tool to get what you want (the job, attention or the ‘love fix’) or a medium of exchange instead of it being an expression of Love.

Dave, I think you are probably right, the bar is set pretty low on the general populations internal perceptions, but I think that what you are all learning from Rose is going to help raise the bar because with this skill set, folks may be able to run but they will no longer be able to hide! I think Rose and all of you have a very real way to change perceptions. To help people by seeing what is really going on and helping them to be more of who they truly are.

I’m going to use a simple real life example to assist in helping you see what I’m trying (maybe not so successfully) to get at.

Hubby and I are at a diner. He thinks the waitress is a *itch and I wonder what could have caused that less than stellar customer service behavior…like does she hate her job, did she have a fight with her husband that morning or is it her boss…I happen to notice he is giving her grief behind the counter after she leaves our table.

When she returns, my husband expresses his dissatisfaction with her in his ‘way’ of speaking and his body language, I find a way to lighten the mood. I complimented her. There is always at least one thing I can find that stands out about a person that I can compliment. I just have to look past the other (sometimes more obvious) stuff. After she left, I reminded my husband that she was serving us food and I was pretty certain that MINE would ‘not’ have spit on it!

Now ‘what if’ I had the skills of energy literacy like Rose and some of you? In the very least, might I have understood better what was at play instead of making my uneducated guesses. Maybe I could have found an even better way to compliment her or communicate with her that would have had a more meaningful, lasting and positive affect on her chakra databanks than a simple compliment about the scarf she was wearing.

Using your skills to ‘see’ with more clarity is, as I see it, is paramount in your personal growth and your understanding of others you interact with, but I also see it reaching far beyond just yourselves and how you can use it to benefit just yourself. I’m reminded here that someone once said to me that ‘Knowledge IS power, but only if it is used for good for yourself as well as others’.

Could your skills in energy literacy help you see how best to interact and communicate with people in such a way that boosts them up, lights a fire under the ‘who they be’ and inspires them to be a better version of themselves just by you being you, by you having a better understanding of what’s going on with them and interacting in a way that inspires them at that level of energy.

Maybe that’s already what Rose teaches and what you already do and this newbie just didn’t grasp it yet! If so, my apologies! If not, maybe I see the possibilities? Or maybe my husband is right and I’m just plain naive!

Thank you for allowing this newbie the opportunity to share!

What a wonderful, fresh point of view, SUZANNE.

You have grasped plenty! I’m really interested in responses from you Blog-Buddies. How have YOU been using skills of deeper perception lately?

An Avid Reader says:

Hi Suzanne,

I really like how you manage to be very grounded and pragmatic, caring, spiritual, and idealistic all at the same time in dealing with this waitress!