Overcoming Spiritual Addiction with Rosetree Energy Spirituality, a Guest Post by ROBIN

Blog-Buddies, helping folks get over a Spiritual Addiction is one of the trickiest parts of Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES). Over past years, I have helped hundreds of clients do this. Not one requested this in advance. In fact, most made appointments because they expected I would facilitate cutting a cord of attachment.

But nooooooooooooo. It wasn’t appropriate. Early in a session of Energy Spirituality, this healer uses skills of Energy Literacy (specifically, a brief Skilled Empath Merge). This in-depth aura reading, exploring chakra databanks, helps the healer to ascertain which skill sets would help my client most, at that time, to fulfill that client’s intention for healing.

Hello! If there’s a problem with Spiritual Addiction, that takes priority.

So I break the news as gently as I can, helping my client to understand the particular way that Spiritual Addiction is limiting life. During the session, I will custom design a recommendation that appears often at this blog in connection with how to overcome a Spiritual Addiction: Do no more than 20 minutes per day, total, of spiritual practices/self-improvement practices, etc.

“God is in the details,” as the saying goes. God certainly is in the unique details of a particular person’s Spiritual Addiction. Self-authority and knowledge help my client to choose what to fit in that 20 minutes per day of Self-Improvement Time.

Today, ROBIN has come forward to share how a session helped her overcome Spiritual Addiction. ROBIN isn’t merely a good sport. She is someone who doesn’t work nearly so hard any more on spiritual evolution and energy healing.

Yet she is moving forward more rapidly now on her personal path of spiritual growth.

Blog-Buddies, this article originally appeared here on the date of this post.

But on February 12, 2016 I have moved it. Because it is being included in my latest book. More about that to come. 🙂

Here’s just the last bit that ROBIN wrote, not being included in the book.

“Thank you so much for the amazing work you do. You are the real deal and way ahead of any other healers in this realm. In fact you are the pioneer in bringing this work to light. I’m looking forward to our continued work together in the next phase of my spiritual evolution.”

Lee says:

Telling a New Age person that they need to spend less time doing things like Reiki is understandable, but what about people with spiritual addictions of religious nature?

I can’t imagine that very religious people would be receptive to the idea that they need to spend less time doing things such as praying, reading books such as the Bible, thinking about Jesus, and so on.

I can think of people in my own life who would be quite offended at the thought that their relationship with God is limiting their life rather than helping it.

LEE, great feedback!

Of course you can think of people who have a spiritual addiction. Which among us cannot?

And of course many folks with a spiritual addiction would not welcome the chance to improve their lives by changing their lifestyle a bit for a few weeks, just to find out if life does indeed improve.

Whether someone has a spiritual addiction, or is in a cult, or both, such an experiment could seem quite frightening.

Yet many with a spiritual addiction do know, deep down, they are stuck. And as devoted disciples of Jesus, or seekers of truth through any belief system, some brave people care more about finding the truth than keeping their minds slammed shut tight.

This blog, and all the teaching and healing services I provide, every bit of it, is designed to support spiritual self-authority for those who wish to increase personal development and/or spiritual growth.

At this blog, I don’t think you will find a single example of my telling people they must do anything in personal life.

(I do request something specific of folks who either enter contests at this blog or nominate candidates for The Enlightenment Life List. Yes, for that I request you Blog-Buddies to follow certain basic rules. But last time I checked, nobody was compelled to take advantage of the opportunity for a free aura reading. LOL)

Religious or not, LEE, the fact remains: People can definitely be in a pattern of spiritual addiction. If they are, they can improve their lives by getting rid of the addiction. Each person has choice, you know?

Speaking of people whose religion is very important to them, and at the risk of offending some of them still futher or, perhaps, you…

Guess what, LEE? If you take a look at “Magnetize Money with Energetic Literacy,” you can find an entire chapter that shares the results of considerable aura reading research I have done on Evangelical Christians.

Here’s a quick preview: It is far more likely for a fundamentalist, in any religion, to live in a state of spiritual shutdown than to have the contrasting problem of spiritual addiction.

Many folks seek bedrock security through religion, and may spend much of the day in rituals that confirm that sense of security.

Yet there is a big difference between lifestyle, thoughts, beliefs, and other components of CONSCIOUS life versus the SUBCONSCIOUS patterns that show when using the deep skills of energy literacy, either aura reading or doing a Skilled Empath Merge.

When you can research yourself or others with Stage Three Energetic Literacy, drilling down all the way to the chakra databanks, surprise!

Only then can you discern what is really going on with energy patterns. Chakra databanks must be read with clarity in order to spot spiritual shutdown or spiritual addiction… or a person living that middle path of most rapid personal development.

Gowri says:

I thank Rose for making me aware of the pitfalls of spiritual addiction, it is something I was totally oblivious to before. It has changed my life and how I approach spirituality and religion, and also how I handle living my life.

GOWRI, you are so welcome. It is a fortunate healer or teacher to have a client or student who is really willing to change.

And who uses self-authority in the process. Whatever the personal choices that result….

Inspiring words have come from you for all of us here, I think.

Beth says:

Rose,
    Thanks for posting this. I realize I am a little late in response, yet better late than never?! Though completely lacking the awareness, once it was identified as such I didn’t connect with it. And I felt stupid. Like a real space case. Its one thing to have an addiction and the awareness (i.e., sugar, food, alcohol, shopping, etc) yet I didn’t even know what I was doing which constituted an addiction. Am afraid to even schedule another session only to be told the same thing again. How does one self assess spiritual addiction and more importantly how does one assess progress and healing? What do I need to bring into awareness? What behaviors need to be modified? Let me know if this isn’t the place and we need to go offline. Genuinely want to heal.

Fondly,
    Beth

Wow, BETH, it has been a long time since hearing from you. My eyes and heart just lit up to see a comment from you!

It’s so great that you are more ready to move forward now, and I encourage you to not feel like a space case or put yourself down in any way.

About being in session… You know, I’ve been doing Energy Spirituality sessions to help people many thousands of times, and have never yet duplicated a session.

Not even duplicated the contents of an Energy Spirituality session between two different people, let alone spending a whole session repeating what was done before. You kidding?

So you might wish to do a session where I help you to heal. It IS personal. You’re quite right in asking questions like, “What do I need to bring into awareness? What behaviors need to be modified?”

Brainy Beth, you know that one-size-fits all advice on such matters is not given on this blog. Nor does a healing session does not just consist in my giving advice.

Instead, you reserve dedicated session time for the energy healing. You bring an intention. I bring skills. We collaborate along with your choice of Divine help. It is super that you flagged your concern online today. Yet you correctly suspect that targeted personal healing is done directly, offline.

Well asked/said Beth comment #6
    I am also reluctant to have another session until I know if I am over my spiritual addiction.

Rose says:

Note: As blog monitor, when chunking up your comments I’m leaving some space to respond as you go. We are NOT having a conversation in real time. I’m just aiming to add education bit by bit. Because you got yourself into quite a tizzy, didn’t you.

Let’s calm down and go into one point at a time.

Susan Torres says:

I still don’t know for sure what spiritual addiction really is.

I have read every “spiritual addiction” blog and their sub blogs and I still feel like I have learned no concrete definition/examples of spiritual addiction. I learned you should avoid it. I learned it’s bad for you. I learned it leads to all types of disfunction. I know you can’t get energy healing if you have it.

Rose says:

SUSAN, I don’t know where you got the idea that you couldn’t have another RES session etc., as noted in your previous comment.

It sure didn’t come from me. With the Healing Centerpiece you had, about Spiritual Addiction, I would have told you exactly what to do to start turning around the Spiritual Addiction. And then I would have said you could have a session as soon as three weeks from when we did that first session.

Rose says:

Your session came with a useful resource, a sound recording. Did you listen to it? Apparently not.

If you had, you wouldn’t have put yourself into this big mess of confusion. A mess you’re apparently expecting me to clean up! But that’s your job, and I’d recommend that you listen again to the sound recording that was sent to you.

Rose says:

And, for heaven’s sake, if you want to find out more about the RES perspective on Spiritual Addiction, read more at this blog. And, especially, read “The New Strong.” (Which I probably recommended to you in that session, as well.)

How much sense does it make to scour the internet searching for what random people write about Spiritual Addiction? Absolutely none, in my opinion. Why do you think I’ve earned 10 trademarks for systems within RES? Do random writers really offer you the same information? Of course not. So you might want to stop confusing yourself in this way.

Susan Torres says:

But I don’t really understand what IT is…

Susan Torres says:

To quote Beth who says it so much better than I:

“Though completely lacking the awareness, once it was identified as such I didn’t connect with it.
    And I felt stupid. (I, Susan still feel stupid and I am not a stupid person)

Susan Torres says:

Its one thing to have an addiction and the awareness (i.e., sugar, food, alcohol, shopping, etc) yet I didn’t even know what I was doing which constituted an addiction.”

Susan Torres says:

“How does one self assess spiritual addiction and more importantly how does one assess progress and healing?

“ I Genuinely want to heal.”

Finally a voice to the feelings I was trying not to have!

Susan Torres says:

In my session for healing I was told that I have to get over my “spiritual addiction” before any healing can be done? Why would I schedule another healing session if I have no clue if I am over my spiritual addiction especially since I don’t even know -for sure- what spiritual addiction is?

Rose says:

Excuse me. Listen to your recording again, Susan.

I am not responsible for the use you have NOT made of what I gave you. But you can start over. Listen to your recording and schedule a session when you are able.

Rose says:

Incidentally, it isn’t really my job to rewrite comments I wrote in June 2013… just because you don’t like them.

In the future, don’t go down this road. Don’t ask me to re-write past comments. And don’t expect me to take a powerful how-to book, like “The New Strong” and parcel it out at my blog. That isn’t the purpose of this educational blog.

Susan Torres says:

Yes I feel fantastic with all the stuff I am learning with EE30 and I am reveling in my real human life of having my gifts turned off, but can I be sure I am over this thing I have no markers to gage.

Susan Torres says:

I hope this doesn’t get me kicked out of RES but Rose your response to Beth doesn’t make much sense to me. She wasn’t saying you where going to do the same session. It is a cry for information. She was saying what’s the point of scheduling a much needed healing session if the person is going to be told the person is still spiritually addicted and there fore can’t get healing.

Rose says:

So glad to hear, SUSAN, that you’re using “Empath Empowerment in 30 Days.” Readers to tend to get excellent results.

And evidently you have spared yourself, NOT scouring the internet to find out what everyone else has to say about “empath.” Smart!

Susan Torres says:

As we are not allowed access to you outside of sessions and your blogs on the subject do not give a litmus to test ourselves against.

What is a person to do?

Susan Torres says:

My confusion is painful to me.

Painful enough to risk loosing the best link (RES) I have to becoming my best possible me.

To summarize, SUSAN, might I suggest? Make use of the recording that I made for you. Read more at this blog about Spiritual Addiction and, especially, read “The New Strong.” Of course, continue making progress at becoming a skilled empath. 🙂

What not to do? Please, stop scouring the internet for information from dubious sources. And please don’t expect me to clean up drama that you’ve created for yourself.

Thank you for response.

It has brought me greater awareness.

I am greatful for that.

Susan Torres says:

Thank you for building RES, it has given me answers and a path I did not know existed 2 months ago.
    🙏🏻

Re # 26:

RES and your books have been my only source of information on Spiritual Addiction and Empath Empowerment. I trust no one else to guide me on this journey.

Susan Torres says:

I am still unsure what spiritual addiction is (other than too much technique time)

HOLY BANANAS! Is that it!!! Is Spiritual Addiction just To Much Technique Time! It is so obvious 🤦🏻‍♀️🤯🤦🏻‍♀️🤯🤦🏻‍♀️

Susan Torres says:

I suspected it and even I asked that question on a different post the other day…

It fits.
    It fits with the assignment you gave me after my session.

Susan Torres says:

It fits how my life has changed since I have limited my technique time.
    It fits.

Susan Torres says:

No one in the Spiritual Addiction blogs I read on RES actually came out and said it but it fits.

It fits.

Susan Torres says:

Spiritual Addiction sounds so intense I just couldn’t see such a sublimely simple answer. I like to believe I’m not stupid but I was looking so hard for a complex answer to what had to be a very complex thing. I couldn’t see the forest for the trees. I am embarrassed, but I’ll get over it.

Unless that is not the answer… 🤦🏻‍♀️

Rose says:

In your situation, SUSAN, that is the answer.

Not to over-complicate, but you’re growing (very nicely, now) as an RES client and student, while I’m the Founder of RES. Sometimes other people have situations different from yours that show up with a variation on what you had in that first session. This is why RES Practitioners have a big set of skills for identifying problems at aura level, naming them, explaining appropriately to the client, and then facilitating RES Energy HEALING.

Regarding your Comments #29 and 33, thanks for clarifying. A cause of confusion was your referring to “blogs” when — around here, anyway — they’re called “blog posts.”

This helps to distinguish the RES info from other people’s weblogs, or blogs. In the past I’ve googled “spiritual addiction.” And did just now. Well over 77 million hits! Glad you avoided random articles on the topic of spiritual addiction!

Thank you.