Face Reading Secrets® Revealed

Face Reading Secrets® are revealed at this thread.

Face Reading Secrets® are revealed here.

Let me educate you about Face Reading Secrets®, a physiognomy system designed to open your heart of compassion. It’s also practical and useful. Face readers, using this system, are pleasantly surprised by the accuracy.

This post began as a free face reading service that I provided for nearly two years. There’s still plenty of face reading fun to enjoy, even though I’m no longer taking requests to teach face reading over the blog.

So do keep reading, both the main article and all the great comments. Reading faces is such a delight! And this particular system is easy to learn.

About this blog post on Face Reading Secrets®

Announcement on Feb. 9, 2015

Blog-Buddies, unfortunately, I must discontinue providing this free face reading service — where I taught so much about Face Reading Secrets® through this blog.

It’s a matter of time management, folks.

By now I am so busy, between sessions with clients, mentoring my apprentices, publications, and doing blog posts and blog moderation.

Something has to give. And, for now, that something is going to have to be this face reading service. But you can still learn. From this post… and the many comments from you Blog-Buddies. Also from my books and workshops!

Which Books Have I Published on Face Reading Secrets®?

All the following physiognomy books are great resources for learning Face Reading Secrets®, my unique system for reading character and more from the physical face.

One was “I Can Read Your Face,” as published by Bantam-Doubleday-Dell.

Other editions were published by my indie press, and later by a book producer, Ottenheimer.

Next I published “The Power of Face Reading,” it became a selection of One Spirit Book Club (a division of The Book of the Month Club). Authorized foreign editions have been published in many countries: China, India, Iraq, Lebanon (Arabic rights worldwide), Lithuania, Russia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, The Czech Republic.

More of My How-to Books on Face Reading Secrets®

What else do I offer to help you become a great face reader? Over the decades, I’ve constantly been adding to the system of Face Reading Secrets®

Amazing or not, that includes a book I worked on for nine years: “Wrinkles Are God’s Makeup: How You Can Find Meaning in Your Evolving Face.” Mostly out of print, a very small number of copies are held in reserve by the publisher. I make them available to serious students of Face Reading Secrets®.

Two of my books on Face Reading Secrets® are in print now:

About the Free Face Reading Service Available Here.

ZELDA inspired it when she sent a superb link to the photograph of a man with a very unusual smile.

It clearly shows some physical face data. Notice the mouth on the picture of Frederick Kotto at the top of today’s post. He is flashing a super-great example of Zesty Smile Depth, a face reading characteristic about soul expression that has a particular meaning in my system of Face Reading Secrets®, . (And, surely, different meanings in other systems of face reading. Physiognomy has been practiced for at least 5,000 years. Each system has its own way of interpreting face data.)

Some of you, I know, are mostly into this blog because of the face reading. Well, that’s great! Whether you are into my system of Face Reading Secrets or not, it never hurts to sharpen your eye for face data. Recently I offered an educational post with Basics! Face Reading Secrets®

How I Dedicate This Sharing of Face Reading Secrets®

Now let’s dedicate today’s post to helping all you face readers to sharpen your skills. Let’s share great visual examples of one item of face data at a time . And then name the characteristic being read.

Yes, I’m daring to offer yet one more free educational resource at the blog, this one to help all you Blog-Buddies who share (even a teensy bit of my huge) passion for face reading.

Please spread the word about it, wherever you find folks are curious about face reading. I don’t think you’ll find a comparable resource, free or not, anywhere else on the Internet or Blogosphere.

ZELDA has set a fabulous example by sharing a one-click photo link and naming the rare face data. In this case, the Zesty Smile Style.

How I Will Teach You Face Reading Secrets® at This Post

Want to sharpen your skills as at face reading? This post is an ongoing opportunity for you to share photos that you think are really good examples of face data.

1. Name the one particular attribute that you think this photograph illustrates. In my system of Face Reading, you learn to see and name many different items of face reading data. If possible use a name that comes from Face Reading Secrets®. Definitely name or describe that particular attribute.
  2. Send a one-click photo, please. Choose a picture that shows a person’s face clearly.
  3. This must be a public photograph, as in a newspaper (not a tabloid) or from a website.
  4. Facebook photos are off limits, because there are — Phew! — still some notions of privacy there.
  5. Fear not, face reader. You can find loads of images of public figures, for instance by doing a search with Google, where you click the IMAGES service, then type in the name of a public figure you are curious about.

Thus you can add to our group conversation where we will rise above boring, or sometimes hurtful, stereotypes about how faces look.

Face Reading Secrets® Sets a High Standard for Civility

As always, I will monitor blog comments. The only comments allowed for this blog’s free educational service for face readers… must be free of offensive language.

It is offensive, for instance, to refer to face data in terms of animal characteristics like “Chipmunk cheeks.”

To this face reader, it is both offensive and inaccurate to refer to face parts in terms of ethnic or racial stereotypes like “Italian” or weight stereotypes like “Fat cheeks.”

Don’t go there. What if you don’t have a name for “Large cheeks that are wider under the cheekbones”? Just use a descriptive name, as I just did. No prob!

What makes this a free EDUCATIONAL service about face reading?

I aim to respond to each face reading comment. Provided you do your share in providing an appropriate entry, as noted above. To help you develop really good face reading skills, I am prepared to:

• Say yes or no to the naming of face data itself, e.g. “Good example of Zesty Smile Style.” Or, perhaps, “Not an example of the Zesty Smile Style.”
  • Also say if it is a VERY good example.

That matters. In my system of physiognomy, and most others, VERY = VERY. If the physical example is a very clear, strong example of a particular facial characteristic physically, the significance in terms of character will be a big deal.

The Word VERY Matters Very Much in Face Reading Secrets®,

So notice if I mention VERY or not. Could be a big part of your educational process, helping some of your beginner face readers to become intermediate or even advanced in your skill level.

• If possible, I will give you a referral to specific pages that provide interpretation. This could come from one of my books now in print about face reading, “The NEW Power of Face Reading” or “Read People Deeper” or both (if that face data is described in both). Makes it really easy for you to look up the significance!
  • If there isn’t an interpretation of the face reading data where I can refer you, I will (probably) interpret the data for you, right at this post.
  • I say “probably” because I do reserve the right to not go into detail about a characteristic that seems uninteresting to me as a physiognomist.

It is so worthwhile, developing the power of face reading.

Face reading can deliver. All your life, you have heard that “Eyes are the windows to the soul.” To a face reader, every feature on the human face contains multiple windows to the soul. Multiply your perceptiveness many-fold. That is the promise of face reading.

Not all physiognomy systems aim to deliver on that potential, or even consider it important. However, the system of Face Reading Secrets® does deliver. By learning how to see facial characteristics accurately, you can really step up your success at reading faces.

The best part about this educational experiment for physiognomists

Blog-Buddies, here’s what has me really excited about ZELDA’s comment and this new free face reading service.

I’ve taught face reading in America, Asia, and Europe; have mentored face readers on these countries plus Africa, South America, and Australia. And, of course, I have done personal face readings, by webcame or phone or in person, as well. (A personal face reading, whichever type you choose, is a great way to jump-start your face reading skills, BTW.)

What have I learned from teaching Face Reading Secrets®? For many physiognomy enthusiasts, the only tricky part of face reading is seeing the data correctly.

That’s where I’m helping you here. Let’s have fun with this.

Want to find good photos to explore Face Reading Secrets®,

Google Images is a great place to start searching for photos.

Thanks for the inspiration, ZELDA.

Jordan says:

Ooh, this will be so helpful!! Fun fun fun, thanks Rose!

Here is my favorite example of Zesty Smile Style, plus showing lots of gums all the way across.

Vanessa Bayer from SNL:

Zelda says:

Thanks, Rose! I’m so glad you’re doing this. Seeing good examples of the various types of face data makes a big difference in my learning process, and I’m sure for others, too.

Just for fun, I’d like to add a bit about the reason this police officer’s photo appeared in the paper, with his zesty smile leaping out at me. He was off duty, riding the train with his fiancee, when someone tried to steal something from another passenger. According to the report, he leapt into action, though off duty, and chased down and nabbed the bad guy.

Toward the end of the story, the office says something along the lines of his fiancee not liking his leaping into action while off duty, but he’s told her that he’s really got to do it. There was a sense of ‘zest’ that came across in the story and it made me chuckle since that smile was right there front and center.

Zelda says:

Here’s another Zesty Smile.

This is a fun one for me, in that I know the person. She’s an extremely talented hurdler and a member of the national-champion track team from the college where I work. I worked with her in a class and she is every bit as zesty and full of life and adventure as that smile conveys.

So, Blog-Buddies, where can you learn more about a Zesty Smile Style, given these fabulous examples?

In “Read People Deeper,” you’ll find info at Pages 58-59, also Pages 56 and 207 (in the “Satisfaction” chapter).

In “The NEW Power of Face Reading,” you might also want to check out Chapter 13, with a wildly counter-culture education about smile styles.

Here’s a laugh, Blog-Buddies. A laugh related to “High Cheekbones.”

In preparing my face reading of Mayor Michael Bloomberg — who does have High Cheekbones — I thought it would be fun to add a link.

So I opened up the Wikipedia article on “High Cheekbones”:

Right at the top, there is a photo of Natasha Poly:

She is supposed to have High Cheekbones. Any of you face reading Blog-Buddies interested in naming her Cheek Emphasis?

Let’s take our study project forward!

Jordan says:

Okay… this took me a while.

I think Natasha Poly ‘s Cheek Emphasis is…. Far-Set Cheeks.

Jordan says:

I think Halle Berry’s Cheek Emphasis is Low-Set Cheeks. (Her cheeks stick out most lower down, nearer to her mouth than to her eyes.)

And I think her Cheek Prominence is Cheeks Widest, AKA “Leader-Like Cheeks.” (If you look along the edges of her face, her cheeks are definitely the widest part, not her forehead or below her cheeks.)

Jordan says:

Also, I think Halle Berry’s cheeks could also be considered Prominent. (They really stick out.)

Jill Erin says:

Because of the angle of the photo it looks like Natasha Poly has no cheeks – just high, wide set, cheek bones. Her face from her eyes to her mouth looks almost concave to me. But, boy, look at those jawbones! Those seem like a Very to me.

AJ says:

I thought I would mention that Tim Ferriss has small cheek padding and high cheek bones in his 2013 Telegraph picture:

Can’t wait to hear his Face Reading!

AJ, thank you so much for sending that comment and the one-click photo link.

However, I would not use this photograph for face reading. Tim Ferriss’ way of smiling moves his mouth and cheeks in ways that distort the face data.

It’s my first photo of him and I am more curious than ever.

You know, Blog-Buddies, it is always an education in body language to copy someone else’s expression.

I have tried on that lip-and-cheek squooshing exercise. Won’t comment right now on how it made me feel but, rather, I invite you Blog-Buddies (A.J. included) to try it and share below how YOU reacted.

Lara says:

I tried smiling like that, it made me feel like I was trying to communicate that I was friendly and warm, without actually feeling that way at all, and not wanting to share my real self/feelings with the recipient of the ‘smile’. He has dimples too which do improve the smiles charm factor.

Jill Erin says:

Is that a macho knob on Mayor Bloomberg’s chin? Here is an image of him that also shows what looks like a Mark of Devotion on his forehead. http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/03/25/now-today/

Yes, for those keeping track. I agree, JILL ERIN, Michael Bloomberg has a Macho Knob.

And, wow! He has developed quite some Mark of Devotion.

JORDAN, yes, you are correct in your Comment 9 about the Far-Set Cheeks of Natasha Poly.

Read about Far-Set Cheeks in “The NEW Power of Face Reading,” Pages 143-144.

With Comments 7 and 8, JORDAN, I agree.

Thank you for adding a photo for reference. We need that at this post, as face reading cannot accurately be done by memory.

Faces change, and Face Reading Secrets(R)(like aura reading taught as energy literacy or Skilled Empath erge) are only done for the person at the time of the photo. 🙂

Continuing, you can learn more about Low-Set Cheeks in “The NEW Power of Face Reading” at Pages 142 and 143.

For LEADERLIKE Cheeks, I especially recommend researching in “Read People Deeper,” Pages 182-186.

Prominent Cheeks, that stick-out-a-lot characteristic, ARE separate from the other attributes of talented Halle Berry’s cheeks.

To learn more about that, you might want to check out Pages 136 and 147 in “The NEW Power of Face Reading.”

Well observed, JORDAN.

LARA, back at your Comment 12, I concur.

The face reading of Tim Ferriss was made live today.

Zelda says:

I happened to catch a brief interview on TV with major league baseball player Ryan Vogelsong and those nostrils leapt right off the screen.

Am I correct in labeling them as Very?

I’m wondering if the right nostril would be considered large and flared. The left looks large, but not sure about the shape.

I don’t know if it’s significant, but I also noticed how the two sides of his upper lip are actually quite different in shape. I’ve never seen this before.

Funky little out-angled left ear, too.

ZELDA, thank you so much for these great face reading observations. I’ll work in responses throughout this busy day.

First, though, I want to extend my sympathy about what your cat, and you, have been going through around cat health. Celebrating that triumph tale of self-authority you shared yesterday.

More about Ryan Vogelson’s face data to come later today!

Hey, ZELDA, only some six hours later. Drooling with suspense over Ryan Vogelson’s face data?

Yes, those are VERY large nostrils.

To read up on that characteristic, search in the ebook for “The New Power of Face Reading” under “Large nostrils.” Or turn pages in your hard copy edition until you achieve 176-177.

Both nostrils on Ryan Vogelson have a flared shape.

Not identical, but then why would both sides of a face have to be? 😉

You can learn about the significant of flared nostrils in “The NEW Power of Face Reading,” Pages 178-180.

Jordan says:

Here are a few pictures of Joel McHale showing what I think is a rare Angled Ear Top on his left ear.

Jordan says:

Here is Joel McHale’s left ear, which I think has the more common Curved Ear Edges.

(Ear Curve info comes from pages 159-160 in “Read People Deeper”)

Jordan says:

On Joel’s left ear, he also has a box shape on his ear lobe.

Jordan says:

I think Reese Witherspoon has an Angled Chin Bottom.

Jordan says:

Ryan Gosling has Narrow Jaws (wider on the right).

I think… he also had Close-Set Eyes (both of them, with right closer?)

Responding to your Comment 21, LARA, Tim Ferriss does have Out-Angled Chin Thrust.

Well observed!

You can research the meaning of Out-Angled Chin Thrust, with well developed context, in “The New Power of Face Reading,” Page 231.

Thank you, LARA, for providing excellent photos.

Zelda says:

I don’t know what it is about the local transit system that coughs up people with interesting face reading data, but check out the out-angled ears on this guy!

Funny how the reason he’s in the paper is because he got into a fight on a crowded train when he wanted to lie across 2 seats. Not exactly following social conventions. A lady nabbed him with her stun gun. Wonder if she had a zesty smile? 🙂

One comment a day, as I play catch-up. That’s my new goal for this face reading service!

But before I get to ZELDA’s excellent observation and the one before it, let’s log in some face reading info in today’s upcoming blog post.

You can learn about a Right-Angling Nose by reading today’s face reading of Brian Williams. https://www.rose-rosetree.com/blog/2013/04/11/power-of-face-reading-brian-williams-energy-literacy/

You can also see a certain type of crooked smile on the Brian Williams face reading.

Bring a blank index card or sheet of paper. It will help you to see the face reading data!

Does your curiosity about face reading ever make you yearn to see some really, really unusual face reading data?

Brian Williams has something highly unusual about his chin. Find out what it means, not that you will necessarily ever see this data again on anybody else. 😉

Many a novice face reader gets confused about the difference between having a Double Eyelid Fold plus Puffs, versus having Single Eyelid Fold.

Brian Williams to the rescue. He can help you see the former combo of face reading data, plus I interpret it in terms of the usual talent and potential challenge.

Paige says:

Rose when you have a facial characteristic that is more prominent on one side is the corresponding gift/challenge more prominent in that part of your life?

For Example Brian Williams’ eye puffs, the left side is more prominent, does that mean that those things associated with eye puffs are more true in his personal life?

It is so obvious that he loves the limelight. He just loves letting loose on talk shows and showing his goofy side.
    He also has a show called Rock Center, if you’re interested in catching some of him on TV its a News centered show but it has a lot of human interest stories.
    Thanks again for reading him!

JORDAN, thank you for your Comment 26, asking about Joel McHale. And supplying excellent photos.

What is the significance of an Angled Ear Top in my system of Face Reading Secrets?

To see it on :
    Look at the shape on the outer edge of the ear, as if aiming in the direction of the forehead. This is the shape of a triangle, with the pointy end up.

The corresponding talent:
    Deeply skeptical, right from the beginning of a conversation or relationship. Quizzical verging on a perpetual attitude of “Prove it to me.”

The potential challenge:
    Having a personality that seems abrasive or hard to take?

This subconscious reaction may not even be conscious to the owner of that Angled Ear Top. Yet it still can be felt by others, show in that individual’s auric modeling, etc.

Still, like any patterning that can be read with Energy Literacy skills, it’s a subconscious fact.

Will a negative response be triggered? Depends on the person in contact with Joel McHale, doesn’t it? Similar skeptics and rebels will adore Joel’s underlying attitude.

Perhaps some of you Blog-Buddies might help us out with researching this particular guy, Joel McHale, with an Angled Ear Top. Any of you know why he is a public figure? Are you familiar with his work? The link provided above will take you to an article and video with his setting his crotch on fire. Didn’t pause to research details; just chose the first link I could find with some detail about him as a person.

It’s feedback time, Blog-Buddies.

Zelda says:

Several years ago, when I used to be able to get “E” entertainment cable channel, the moment Joel McHale’s show, then “Talk Soup,” appeared, I would instantly change channels. I just couldn’t stand the guy. Snark to the extreme, lots of ridicule to an extent that I loathed. The brief moments I saw of the show had him showing various clips of TV shows and ridiculing the people in them for one reason or another. That show just wasn’t my thing for several reasons, but Joel McHale himself was the biggest reason I couldn’t stand it. I sensed a meanness in him that totally rubbed me the wrong way.

I happened to see him on the View while exercising recently and realized that I still can’t stand him.

ZELDA, thank you for sharing this reminder that “Snark” is a great way to describe the potential challenge with an Angled Ear Top.

I also appreciate the honesty in your comment. As a New Age consumer, it is so common to prize love and light and sweetness… sometimes to the detriment of authenticity and personal power.

Joel McHale’s recent appearance on “The View,” like all the other successes in his career, suggest that he matches the needs of a group in collective consciousness. He appeals to them, helps them express themselves perhaps. McHale’s particular brand of snarkiness may even may help his fans evolve spiritually.

Because birds of a feather do evolve together.

Meanwhile, at this blog community built around Energy Literacy, we get to evolve with honesty but without meanness. You demonstrated that in your comment today.

Dave says:

I never liked Joel McHale when I’d see him on Web Soup. Recently though he was on Bill Maher’s show and was very funny, charismatic, and likable. He seems to be very intelligent and politically informed. I came away with a very positive impression of him.

Jordan says:

I agree that “The Soup,” is a sort of horrible show. There’s a lot of ridicule involved.

I like Joel on the show “Community.” He’s part of an ensemble cast and yes, he does play someone quite snarky!

I’ve heard him interviewed a few times and he seemed like a nice enough guy, with some sweetness to him. Always snark, but not always mean. Of course it’s his LEFT ear that has an angled top, not his right… so it makes sense that he would listen and behave differently in different situations…

I guess people can be complex! 😉

Jordan says:

Having surgery to make ear tops angled is a body modification surgery some people do. I think most people who do it because they want to look like elves.

Of course the angling you get from surgery is much more drastic than what you see naturally on people like Joel McHale. The inner & relationship consequences must be quite drastic.

Whoa, JORDAN. Humans are getting cosmetic surgery so they can look more like elves?

This blog is educational for me, not just you’all.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry or bleat in Elvish!

JORDAN, your Comment 27 about Curved Ear Tops is exactly right.

Excellent photo example. Thanks!

Also well noted, JORDAN, was your observation in Comment 29 about the Angled Chin Bottom of talented Reese Witherspoon.

Learn about this item of face reading data in “The NEW Power of Face Reading,” Pages 223, 225-226.

Might I put in a request to those of you Blog-Buddies who send links with examples of face reading data?

Please send a link that is not a “Tiny URL” type link. I like to be able to access the website of origination in order to provide a photo credit.

Appreciated!

JORDAN, regarding Comment 28 and your excellent photo example, Joel has a Partial Ear Box. Next time you see me, if you ask nicely, you can find a Full Ear Box on my left ear.

No photo available at present, Blog-Buddies. But here is info on having a Partial Ear Box.

Name of this item of Face Reading Data: Partial Ear Box

Category for this Face Reading Data: Ear Helix Specialties

How to See It: A box-like structure on the helix of the ear directly above the earlobe. If it is on the right ear, only the upper left corner of the box-like shape is defined. (On the left ear, only the upper right corner of the box-like shape is defined.)

Corresponding Talent: Subconsciously, very aware of the power of an art form or sport to command attention. Aware how that art form can make an impression on others, move energy, etc. The world needs movers and shakers who find what to move, where to shake.

Potential Challenge: More interested in grabbing attention through the activity than making a lasting or meaningful contribution?

Jill Erin says:

Ryan Gosling, in Jordan’s comment 30, also has an upper lip semi-hiding mustache.

Exactly so, JILL ERIN. JORDAN got it correct that Ryan Gosling has a narrow jaw on the left side of this face only.

I am working my way through these fine comments from you Blog-Buddies, such great photos for seeing the face reading data. 🙂

Yes, this shows the narrow jaw on the left:

You can learn more about Narrow Jaw Width in “The NEW Power of Face Reading,” Pages 207-208.

Also, JILL ERIN, you nailed it about the Lip Hiding Mustache for that fine Mr. Gosling, also showing in the picture just linked to.

See details in Pages 195 and 197 in “The New Power of Face Reading.”

Really, a super example. What’s so adorb about Ryan Gosling’s example?

Check out the very bottom of his philtrum peeking out between the shaggy mustache. A perfect frame for his 10 out of 10 Philtrum Definition. Give this another look, you budding physiognomists. This is quite the frame. I’ve never seen anything quite like it.

Jordan says:

Wow, that is hilarious about Ryan Gosling’s mustache. Even the hair over the ridges sticks out.

Jordan says:

Thank you for sharing what the Partial Ear Box means, Rose. *Really* fascinating!

Jordan says:

Here is Lena Dunham. I’m a big fan of her, her show, and her aura 😉 She’s an empath too.. with at least Physical Intuition (didn’t check for every gift).

Anyway, about her face… I think she has Innovation Patches in both eyebrows.

And here’s what you get when you google “Lena Dunham no makeup,” lol. You can see both brows more clearly.

Zelda says:

I don’t have a photo to share this time, but a face reading live encounter.

I have a gap between my front teeth and depending on the situation and how much time I have, if I encounter another woman with a gap, I comment on it.

This happened today with a young woman who waited on me at a department store make-up counter. She was a character…dimples and all…

“Ugh!” she responded, rolling her eyes, clearly frustrated about this gap. She then went on to tell me that she’d had braces, the gap had closed, but then it came back. She did something else after that, got some kind of retainer, if I remember correctly, and still, it popped back.

I couldn’t resist telling her about face reading and the reason why it likely kept popping back. It was a fascinating conversation. She seemed surprised but also seemed to think it was quite cool that this feature had some deeper meaning. Actually, I think she was a bit confused, explaining that it didn’t bother her, but then following that with stating that she was going to get another retainer to try to make it pop back.

I can’t remember now who suggested first that she use the money and take herself on vacation! :-)But I agreed that it would be a better use of her money…

Funny how I then went off to my health club where a favorite front desk check-in person, also with a gap, was working. I told her about my encounter and she just gushed, “I love my gap!”

Yes, too, JORDAN, you’re right that (as shown in your second photo link) Lena Dunham has two Innovation Patches.

Face reading well done!

JORDAN, on to your Comment 54 about Lena Dunham.

Yes! This photo:

[Link No Longer Available]

gives a fine glimpse of Innovation Patches in Lena Dunham’s eyebrows. And since it is not in either of my face reading books currently in print, here we go with commenting:

How to See It: Within an eyebrow, a clump of extra dense hair — unlike the rest of the eyebrow.

Corresponding Talent: The ability to innovate in an area of interest.

* An Innovation Patch on the right eyebrow goes with innovation in relationships or sex or playfulness or other aspects of personal life.

* While an Innovation Patch on the left eyebrow signifies innovation in a career-related enterprise.

Potential Challenge: Rage at having to follow standard routines? Furious when having to play the game of life according to someone else’s rules?

SUZ, related to a comment you posted elsewhere. It is so great that you are having fun with “The NEW Power of Face Reading.”

This post is a resource for you and all you Blog-Buddies who are learning how to read faces.

If you’re puzzled with seeing Ear Circles, here’s how the free service in this post can help you.

Locate one profile photo at a time that shows someone’s ear clearly.

Ask about the Ear Circle Proportions. (Optional: Also take a wild guess and put that in your comment as well.)

I will respond.

At this post, I will respond by way of identifying how an experienced face reader would name the face data.

I will also supply a reference to one of my books in print, if there is one.

And if there isn’t one, I will (probably) interpret the data for you, right at this post. (I say “probably” because I do reserve the right to not go into detail about a characteristic that seems uninteresting to me as a physiognomist.)

Google Images is a great place to start searching for photos. Here’s a shortcut:

Suz says:

All right, here we go. Here is an ear photo that I marked up:

The dilemma is two-fold. First, for the outer ear circle, how much is included (see blue lines on photo)? The inside blue line, or the outside blue line?

Second, after reading and reading, the only clue I understood about comparing the ear circles was the “how many M&Ms” idea. So, that has to mean the AREAS of each? Do I understand that right?

Thanks very much!

SUZ, thank you for your resourcefulness in supplying this picture.

The lines you have drawn are confusing to me because, unfortunately, they do not separate the inner and outer ear circles.

I would recommend three different approaches.

1. Look in “The NEW Power of Face Reading” at the examples provided of Ear Circle Proportions.

Yes, go back and take another look.

2. Send me more photos, not marked up, one per comment, showing an adult’s ear. For each of these one-click links, I will comment about which is larger, the inner circle or the outer circle.

3. Beyond that, for fastest and most systematic learning, might I suggest that you have a 55-minute mentoring session with me over Skype webcam or in person.

Glad you’re curious,SUZ.

Glad your second question in Comment 59 is easier to answer.

Yes, areas.

Suz says:

Thank you for your replies, Rose. I must not be seeing ear circles right at all! Sorry my marks did not make sense. (I knew what I meant, ha.) Let me do what you have suggested, and go from there.

Thanks.

SUZ, you’re welcome. I’m delighted by your curiosity about face reading.

Your marks totally made sense to me, but were not in the right places. It goes beyond the scope of this face reading service for me to spend hours describing.

Yes, please go from “there.”

And provide photos about other face data too, if you like.

Suz says:

Hello, Rose, I am back again about those ear circles. At this point it probably would not do me much good to post some ear photos and make guesses about them, because I still cannot understand exactly WHAT portion of an ear I am supposed to be calling the outer ear circle. I cannot even grasp it by reading and looking at the photos in your book.

Even if you were to respond and say the outer ear circle area was larger or smaller, I wouldn’t know what area you were talking about. Eeek. A simple, general diagram in a blog would be helpful some day.

So moving right along! There is plenty of other studying to do. I’m working on noses and will get back to ears later. Thanks very much.

Dave says:

Here’s a recent study looking at facial width and aggression and military rank:

DAVE and KATE, thanks so much for these face reading-related articles.

Fascinating!

This advertising great wasn’t beautiful, but she made a stellar contribution to her field.

The face reading of Frances Gerety in today’s post may help you to appreciate that unique qualities, including ones not necessarily associated with “beauty,” can bring sparkling results… forever:

Jordan says:

A recent headline reads “Adam Levine Admits He’s “Impulsive” With His Words Before Voice Scandal.”

Lowbrows!!

Also interesting in that photo:

-Really low wariness index on both eyes, and on his right eye it appears to be negative on the wariness index.

-His mouth really pulls to the left! (I *think* that’s what’s called a mouth pull…)

-Hanging columella

JORDAN, great catch about Adam Levine’s Lowbrows.

He has one of the most extreme, VERY examples of Lowbrows I have ever seen.

And, of course, that headline goes right with it.

Lowbrows do go with a gift for spontaneous communication.

Yes, again, JORDAN, excellent technical face reading on that photo of Adam Levine.

Reading the shape of his bottom half of the eyes, and using my usual scale from 1-10 (What I call the “Wariness Index”) I would also give him a 1 on the left eye and a -1 (Ha ha, sure, why not?) on his right eye.

Of course, Blog-Buddies, remember to cross over to tell left from right on a photo.

It’s well worth seeing this unusual face reading data.

What is the significance of a (rare) -1 on the Wariness Index?

Call it a Compassion Awakener, folks. In his professional life, expect extreme protectiveness and a lack of trust of strangers.

Expect extreme loyalty… for those relatively few people who pass Adam Levine’s test for seeming trustworthy.

Regarding the Mouth Pull toward the left of Adam Levine’s face in the photo expertly read by JORDAN, yes indeed.

You won’t often find a better example of a mouth pull.

Easiest way to see it? Hold an index card to cover up one half of his mouth at a time. Way much more mouth on the left side of his face.

(Again, remember to cross over, as if shaking hands.)

Mouth pull like this suggests a strong component of “In joke. I have a private, extra hip/important/wise/spiritual perspective than what I’m saying in public.”

Many people consider this charming. That’s the related talent.

The potential challenge? Deception in public and a private sense of superiority.

Finally, JORDAN, Adam does have a VERY version of a Nose Bonus (a.k.a. “Hanging columella”)

This relates to a need for work to involve service.

You can get a sense of this, in Adam Levine’s case, from the quote at the link you provided. How does he start describing his new commercial product, a fragrance?

“I didn’t want it to be another bulls–t celebrity fragrance that I was hocking, that I didn’t believe in.”

From that quote, BTW, I read this is now called a “Celebrity Fragrance” — is there anything now that cannot be labeled, and treasured, as a “celebrity” something? 😉

Admirers of Jane Austen, here’s a face that may be going unexpected places:

Also, you face readers who are interested in Khloe Kardashian, what do you notice about the chin bottom shape at the photo in her aura reading for sex appeal?

Hint: Khloe’s version is a VERY.

And the most unusual of chin bottom shapes, too.

BTW, you can use one of the photo links within the aura reading to see a larger version of the photograph at the top of the post.

Lara says:

Hmmmm the bottom of her chin looks straight to me then her jawline down to it is very V shaped. So is this a V shape chin bottom?

Incidentally the V shaped chin (if it is the most rare one).. is the most popular one in South korea, I was reading recently how popular that plastic surgery op to restructure the jaw is over there, everyone is going for the V shape (and plastic surgery is HUGE over there). Since the body and soul have that reciprocal thing going on re the facial features does this mean a big social shift too?

Exactly, LARA. This is an angled chin bottom.

A VERY angled chin on Khloe Kardashian.

As described in “The NEW Power of Face Reading,” this relates to having a strong need to stay in control. When making decisions. When creating one’s own reality show. etc.

Having very angled chins become popular — out of all choices for plastic surgery is probably the most ominous trend in collective consciousness I can think of offhand for that part of the world. At least it isn’t happening in North Korea.

Do you admire Nelson Mandela, the political leader and President of South Africa?

Then check out his face reading here:

Jordan says:

Rose, thank you for your replies about Adam Levine! I love posting on this thread!

Thanks, JORDAN. Today’s blog post is face reading-related, though you won’t find the mention until you head toward the end. How could I leave out physiognomy with my passionate exploration of a pretty important influence on how faces are viewed, collective consciousness:

Johnny Depp fans, you may get a kick out of today’s face reading of him.

Note that quote at the end, a fun surprise for this face reader.

Calling all face readers. The man profiled in today’s post is probably the most talked about man in America at this time.

And have you checked out his face reading data on those cheeks? It might be a clue to this man’s unique combination of sweetness and rage:

Our latest face reading compared the “Before” picture to the “After” picture.

Come read it, debunk the myth that “FAT” makes anything one-size-fits-all happen to a face. Seeing more than weight gain in a face?

Yes indeed, face reading is really good for that.

Face reading enthusiasts, check out the face reading of Jeff Bezos here:

Face Reader by Day says:

Not face reading… yet. But take a look.

I have seen many so-called “Lookalike” articles with paired photos.

The ones I saw so far DID have many items of face data that were similar.

Any of you Blog-Buddies interested in doing a face reading guest post? Choose one pair of those photos and away you can go. What is similar, what is different?

Zelda says:

I was watching Jimmy Kimmel last night and Ben Stein was the guest. I couldn’t help but be captivated by his nose! He has quite the nose bonus, doesn’t he?

Zelda says:

I was struck by the mark on Ethan Hawke’s forehead in this photo. Rose, would you mind sharing what it means? Thanks!

Note: Blog-Buddies, it’s Rose. Zelda’s original link has expired. This replacement photograph is current as of August 22, 2013. And below is a Photobucket save of the image that will last: http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee293/Rosetree_Rose/EthanHawkenow_zpsb2626344.jpg

ZELDA, that is a fine example of The Mark of Devotion.

If you have a copy of “Wrinkles Are God’s Makeup,” you can find detailed discussion of it on Pages 185-187, plus three other references.

The simple version is that it is about a strong spiritual vocation. This one by Ethan Hawke is probably the deepest one I ever have seen.

This change might be fairly recent, as well. Fascinating! Thank you for sending us this comment.

Thanks also, ZELDA, for the great photo of Ben Stein. He does have a significantly large Nose Bonus.

(A characteristic you will find illustrated in “The NEW Power of Face Reading” as well as my earlier physiognomy books “The Power of Face Reading” and “Wrinkles Are God’s Makeup.”)

Having these photo links is just great!

Zelda says:

I thought that it was a Mark of Devotion on Ethan Hawke, but then I couldn’t find any info in the new face reading book to back up my hunch.

I was watching the TV show, “The Mentalist,” last night and swear the dashing Simon Baker has a Mark of Devotion, too. It was obvious on TV, but then I haven’t had any luck finding an example in a photo. I wonder if it has been retouched out of the photos or maybe it’s just more obvious when his face is moving in ways that allow us to see his forehead wrinkles and mark like this.

Well done, ZELDA. It’s true that some of the face reading data in my other books is not included in “The NEW Power of Face Reading.”

I had to make room for the new things that never appeared anywhere in the physiognomy literature, like “Major compassion awakeners” and “Facial anchors.”

It is fascinating to see Marks of Devotion.

Also, ZELDA, your citing of The Zesty Smile on Jimmy Kimmel is fabulous.

I have seen him many times but don’t remember seeing that particular mouth configuration.

Well done, Face Reader Zelda!

Okay, in honor of face reader ZELDA, here is a blog post devoted to her Comment 88, and the huge and growing Mark of Devotion on Ethan Hawke:

Zelda says:

I think I spotted another Mark of Devotion….this time on Anderson Cooper.

It seems to be easier to spot the Mark of Devotion sometimes when the person is speaking and somewhat active. Or at least the forehead seems active and it shows more prominently.

So many great comments are deep in this thread. Blog-Buddies, I applaud you one and all, even if I have not commented back yet.

Zelda says:

I was watching the Emmys and when they did the tribute to those who’ve died in the past year, as Milo O’Shea’s photo was flashed, I was captivated by his very big, long bushy eyebrows! Check these out….

Good catch, ZELDA.

Isn’t it sweet how non-face readers use language like “Big bushy eyebrows”? When it could mean many different characteristics.

Milo O’Shea’s eyebrows are:

VERY full (Amount of Hair)

VERY even (Distribution of Hair)

VERY angled (Eyebrow Shape)

VERY down-angled (Eyebrow Range)

Look them all up in “The NEW Power of Face Reading” for detailed insight into the meaning.

Each category here, in parentheses, has many alternatives, and none are named after shrubbery.

Isabella says:

Here is k.d. lang (she doesn’t capitalize) with a beautiful Mark of Devotion.

I think she also has a scooped nose shape.