Stop Pot Dependency

Stop Pot Dependency

Stop Pot Dependency — In this guest post, BETH tells her story.

Stop Pot Dependency. Although enthusiasts claim that marijuana is not addictive, today’s guest poster BETH knows better. Her story!

Let’s continue to explore how RES helped BETH recover from smoking pot. Continue why? Because we’re having a bit of controversy.

Over at  our recent guest post by Beth, How much does Rosetree Energy Spirituality cost, compared to weed? In her first-ever appearance at this blog, KILAYA’s Comment 5 began:

“Anyone who has any personal experience with addiction and has also used marijuana for any length of time

knows that marijuana is not addictive, unless you want to over-generalize the term “addiction”,

in which case ice cream, exercise, television and masturbation are all highly addictive, far more than marijuana.”

Interesting perspective! [My bolding]

Several Blog-Buddies commented in response to KILAYA’s indignant comment in defense of cannabis. Notably, BETH was moved to write two depth comments that I will combine here into a new guest post. Except first…

Pot Recovery Expert Blasts Weed in the New York Times

The Sunday Magazine of the New York Times published a comment in the June 30, 2013 issue. The author, Jan Beauregard, Ph.D., is an addiction expert at the Integrative Psychotherapy Institute in nearby Fairfax, Virginia. She isn’t familiar with my work in Rosetree Energy Spirituality but she does bring validation to my perspective. Here are Dr. Beauregard’s words:

“As an addiction expert who has seen the devastating effect of marijuana abuse and dependence, I can tell you that minimizing the risks of marijuana is the same tactic big tobacco used decades ago.

“In my private practice, teenagers who flunk out of college the first semester of freshman year often do so due to marijuana dependence.

“There is so much money to be made by future pot ‘businesses,’ yet for every dollar raised in taxes in the alcohol industry, we spend $10 in social costs”

Incidentally, my quarterly column for Pathways Magazine is in press right now. That article’s title? “The Problem with Pot.”

Over at the blog post that generated such wrath from KILAYA, I had written about frozen blocks of energy being deposited as an inevitable result of smoking marijuana. In response, here come some words of experience, and wisdom, from BETH.

(I have added just the occasional bong. Kidding. As usual with any guest post here at “Deeper Perception Made Practical,” I merely add headings, links, and minor edits.)

Stop Pot Dependency as Self-Medication

Although enthusiasts claim that marijuana is not addictive, today’s guest poster BETH knows better. Her story today emphasizes Self-Medication with Pot.

Rose, I think it would be useful to have details about what this actually means, in laymen’s terms: “Deposit STUFF in your aura, in the form of medium-sized and large frozen blocks.”

I don’t feel that I can speak to this. My experience is from the user end, not as an expert at Rosetree Energy Spirituality. And sometimes I wonder if it was a case of “Chicken or the egg,” in terms of the pain I was processing versus the gunk I was accumulating by self-medicating.

Stop Pot Dependency. No Improvement from Drugs!

From your perspective, Rose, I was making my life worse by using. Fair enough, but at that point I would have been using anything to be able to deal with the overwhelming pain in my life (emotional and physical).

Plus, I was raised with addicts (alcoholics). Although I felt that in no way was I one of them, sure, I was imprinted with those coping mechanisms related to self-medication.

Pre-Energy Spirituality, the Pot Addiction Was Hidden

KILAYA, you’’re somewhat missing the point. No one is arguing the finer points of the addiction experience.

I would have never called myself an addict in the least – and I was smoking morning, noon, and night for the better part of 20 years.

Yet I was a highly functional go-getter, steady job, good worker, etc.

Looking back, of course there is an aspect of addiction. Duh, if you can’’t do without weed for a minute!

In my case, I could rationalize all I wanted, but clearly this too was the the behavior of an addict.

Weed comes across as so innocuous, I get it.

Addiction began for me as a slippery slope in terms of starting off only smoking on the weekends.

Anyway, KILAYA, I totally get where you’re coming from. Just for context, back then I was like,

“I’’m not like “them” (addicts). I don’’t smoke. I don’’t drink, I’’m a vegetarian who doesn’’t even watch television, for goodness sake!”

So, Rose, when you get a chance, I would love to hear you talk about this aspect. Personally I have a hard time articulating this myself when I talk to peers.

Thanks in advance, much appreciated, been wanting clarifications myself for a while!!

How Energy Spirituality Helped Me Recover from the Addiction to Pot

Kilaya I wanted to add something else that was lost in what I was just rambling about. In spite of what I previously called, “The chicken or the egg?” here’s the point. I feel tremendously better now being straight.

And that would in large part be due to Rosetree Energy Spirituality.

It was my decision that I craved something else in my life and Rose’’s work was able to heal me from alllll that mental baggage that was perpetuating my anguish.

My turning point was looking at my life and wanting something different, yet feeling that I had been spinning my wheels for quite a few years. So I asked myself what a constant was all this time. I could easily point to weed.

You want something different? Do something different.

I didn’’t hit rock bottom, or any such thing to motivate me. The thrill of getting away with secretly smoking all that weed for years had worn off, too.

Controversial about Addiction to Pot. But True, Even After Recovery

What I’’m about to say is controversial but I’ll say it anyway.

I am grateful for the time I had spent smoking pot. It’’s a very introverted state and felt very therapeutic to me. I got tons of research done over the years. This was very, very meaningful and passionate work for me.

BUT I was very out of balance. There was no human-level application of my research. I stopped making art work. In human terms, I just found endless comfort in not extending subjective, fascinating self into objective reality through speech or action.

Eventually I wanted to change that, start a new phase of life where I was taking risks by putting myself out there into reality.

I began leaving the house once in a while. Having a social life again, imagine!

I could see that weed was in a direct relationship with what was accentuated in my life and out of balance. I didn’’t begrudge my habit one bit. Yet it was time to move on.

Follow-up Resources for How Energy Spirituality Can Help with Recovery from Pot Addiction

Here are a couple of other guest posts that speak to my experience as a user:

Rosanna Tufts says:

May I suggest you do a Skilled Empath Merge or Aura Reading on Montel Williams? He’s one of the biggest advocates of medical marijuana, as it is one of the only things that helps him be functional in spite of having Multiple Sclerosis. The other is snowboarding. Three days of snowboarding equals 5 days of no pain, he says. Read his book “Climbing Higher” for more details of his struggle with MS.

Thanks again for your sharing here, BETH.

Yes, I will do more posts on the topic of addictive substances, how they relate to frozen blocks and the new theme in my work, vibrational positioning.

A few other posts have been in the queue to go live, however, so I am going to give them their posting places and then pick up this thread again.

Meanwhile, check out the link to FROZEN BLOCKS in today’s post.

And, of course, add your wisdom, all you Blog-Buddies.

Marijuana is a really important topic for those with an interest in Deeper Perception, energy healing, personal growth, and other major themes at this blog.

ROSANNA, how absolutely lovely to hear from you here at the blog.

Will consider this for upcoming articles on substances.

The rest of you Blog-Buddies are also invited to name candidates for research, public figures who are well known to do pot, cocaine, or heroin.

These are the substances I will be researching in months to come. No promises that I will read the folks nominated, but your input will be valued highly.

Jill Erin says:

I lived with a marijuana addict for 20 years. I watched him move from the weekend smoker to the occasional weeknight smoker in addition to the weekend and then on to starting early in the morning and smoking all day, every day. This man has a PhD in science and held very responsible positions in government jobs. He then wrote a science book. So, he was “productive” all the time he was smoking. However, I did not smoke at all and I could clearly see a decline in his intellect and overall personality. He was very intelligent, but his personality declined to the point that we could not hold an intelligent conversation.

All our friends were pot smokers and it was very interesting to me that they all preached “tolerance” but they do not practice it with non-smokers – including me.

My Ex used the excuse that he needed pot to treat his migraine headaches. But, when he was offered a treatment that has a better than 50% chance of stopping migraines altogether I asked him if he would consider decreasing the amount he smoked if it did work. He said, simply, “No”. That was when I knew I was married to an addict.

Jill Erin says:

With my own medical background as an RN for over 20 years I know that there are a lot of wonderful drugs for almost every imaginable ailment. But, I also know that virtually every one of those drugs has undesirable side effects to varying degrees. Marijuana is no exception to that rule. It very well may be usable for some medical conditions – but not without side effects. And, some of the worst side effects, I believe, are to the aura and spiritual potential of the individual.

Much more research needs to be done on Marijuana before it can be used “safely” for medical conditions. Here is a link to one such study that was done over at least 20 years that proved that marijuana use by teenagers lowers their IQ. Thank goodness this study was done before all the legalization that is happening in the USA so it can be used by regulators who are writing the laws to, hopefully, encourage setting an age limit on legal use.

As an unskilled Empath I took on a lot of junk from my association with pot smokers. Going through Rosetree Energy Spirituality sessions to heal and learn to be a skilled Empath was the best thing I could do to get over the “side effects” of marijuana, myself.

Primmie says:

Jill Erin, it’s very helpful to read your description of the intellectual decline that happens with addiction. It makes me sad to read it and I recognise it.

I have some writing I did while in the throws of an addiction. I thought it was brilliant at the time. Looking back on it when I was clean I was shocked to see how repetitive it was. I was having the same insight over and over again. I was just stuck, perhaps brilliantly stuck, but stuck. Sad really.

Curious as Ever says:

This is such an important message. I remember in college several friends who smoked pot every single day (and if that is not addiction what is) and ended up dropping out. Yes, it does have an effect on one’s nonphysical body (astral blocks) but almost no one pereives that, never mind talks about it that way. Still, anyone who has been around chronic pot smokers knows they are essentially stuck, going in lackadaisical circles. And if they are doing well, how much better, how absolutely brilliantly they could be doing!

Curious as Ever says:

PS I would be very interested to read more about the anatomy of such blocks.

Thanks so much for your latest comments, CURIOUS AS EVER.

Your request in Comment #8 is, fortunately, pretty easy to address.

Frozen blocks of stuck energy are like other STUFF you are familiar with in Rosetree Energy Spirituality.

It really does not matter what the STUFF looks like or where it is located, unless you are using dedicated skills as a healer for removing it.

All types of STUFF have this in common: They detract from quality of life. They can cause distractions, confusions, anxieties, angers, compulsions — you name it.

What matters about anatomy of STUFF? It can always, always, always be healed.

So, with all respect, CURIOUS AS EVER, the really exciting descriptions are at the human level. How does a human life change, once STUFF is removed?

This may keep novelists busy for centuries. In my novel for empaths, “The Roar of the Huntids,” I attempted a bit of that.

BTW, this manuscript is now being revised as part of the ebook conversion process that I have been doing in my spare time.

The main thing about STUFF, including frozen blocks, is that descriptions and considerations of anatomy etc. can tempt brainy people like you, CURIOUS AS EVER. Uh-oh!

In Western society, we have been pretty much promised that if we analyze and intellectually figure out, we will heal.

Sob. This doesn’t happen. Or, at least, the results are a pitiful example of diminishing returns.

As usual, until someone has enough skill with energetic literacy to PERCEIVE the STUFF, and also has an appropriate skill set to REMOVE that STUFF, analysis is not going to create healing.

Nor is it possible to have someone with the energetic literacy do the perceiving for us, and then we apply a bit of Reiki or EFT or some other fine skill set that is not specifically designed for that type of healing.

David says:

(laughs) OK, Rose, I won’t describe the gunk then. 😉

My main experience with this was a neighbor who was trying to stop. He had realized what it was doing to him and decided to quit. He had to move to get away from all his pot-friends, which is why I met him. A couple of them tracked him down and put a lot of pressure on him. He then realized they were only “friends” because it was their business.

This element of community with pot is one of the things that makes it harder to recognize as an issue and harder to break away from it. The supplier is usually a chum too. Saw this again a few years ago when introduced to the friends of someone I was dating. Well-educated professions, oblivious that they were supporting violent gangs because their contact was a good buddy.

Dave says:

Here’s an interest video debating Marijuana which sums up the current public discussion pretty well:

Jordan says:

David, I think you’re so right about the community aspect of pot. I think it’s right up there with the most tempting reasons to smoke.

Jordan says:

Which leads to a nice a-ha. Growing your sense of community might be helpful in preventing relapse.

One easy way to do that is by using the “Active Energy of Safety” recording.

David says:

Jordan
    Right – and Cheers-wise with alcohol too. There’s comfort in shared pain.

And yes, growing spiritual community helps not just fall back but go forward.

(now why does that remind me of Devo? Move Ahead!)
    (laughs)

Paige says:

Rose I have a couple of questions regarding pot. First, I could never smoke pot without getting totally paranoid. I know others experience this too. Is this related to stuff in your aura?? I have always been amazed that people can smoke pot and not be freaked out much less functional.

The other question is this, I just watched a special about medical marijuana and they said you can use medical marijuana with the component that makes you high removed. If that is true then would that negate the neg impact aurically?

CURIOUS AS EVER says:

Thanks Rose, your replies are much appreciated. I am still curious, however!!

Amy says:

Rose your comment 11 makes so much sense to me! I have definitely found myself reading, reading, reading, researching, researching and researching because I believed that if I just knew “everything there Is to know about” this or that situation or all the possible ramifications, then I would feel better. There’s just too much information in the world for that to be true.

AMY, the problem with gathering research is not just the impossibility of gathering it all.

Think facts of life! Think vibrational frequencies!

When a problem, an object, a thing, is objectively real… at the astral or psychic level, why would human-level conjecture move it out?

CURIOUS AS EVER, your curiosity (and its everness) are wonderful. Your challenge is to find a meaningful way to direct it, rather than (with all respect) a dead-end hobby.

How about applying that curiosity about astral life to energetic literacy? With Stage Three Energetic Literacy, you can read auras of stoners.

By definition, they have loads of frozen blocks.

Then you can read auras of people who don’t smoke pot.

Then you can read auras of people who are Enlightened.

If you’re reading about chakra databanks of interest to you, this will provide an ongoing education about human life…

Absolutely fascinating, fathomless in its humanity.

Or you could learn techniques of Rosetree Energy Spirituality and more out small- and medium-sized frozen blocks.

Then you could compare how people do.

Wouldn’t that supply a greater degree of human interest? Unless, of course, you just have a passion for describing the misery, stuckness, and other nightmarish qualities of frozen blocks. Maybe something good would come of it. Only you can decide, after all. Ultimately there is no wrong way to spend human time. Everything winds up as a learning experience, a perspective fully available once you are back on the Other Side.

PAIGE, so-called “Paranoia” related to smoking pot is — in my opinion — one of the ways that the conscious mind tries to make sense out of the chemical effects and subconscious deposits of STUFF.

Just those frozen blocks you were asking about in your Comment #17.

Anything that kept you from returning to weed was a blessing, PAIGE.

People can pride themselves on toughness in many contexts, as well as praise themselves for being highly Insensitive people, laugh as they become progressively more clogged up with STUFF aurically.

Gotta love Earth School, right?

About your other question, PAIGE, in Comment 17, does it surprise you that TV would air “a special about medical marijuana”?

With the big money and all the new sanctimony around wonderful “medical marijuana,” you can expect to see plenty more of the same.

How can you expect me to comment on a substance that has not even been cooked up in the lab yet? Especially since, as you know, I read people’s auras to learn about consequences of substances. I am neither a chemist nor a theoretician.

Elsewhere at this blog I have commented on using hypnosis for pain removal instead, as there are specialists within the hypnotism community who help people attain relief from pain without having to take heavy medications for it. (And yes, I have done a bit of research on this with energetic literacy skills. This recommendation isn’t pure theory, either.)

Locally I am familiar with the work of Ali Moadab, internationally renowned for his skill at helping people with severe pain to function… and without ingesting substances that put frozen blocks in their auras.

David says:

Just a note on effects – just because one ingredient might be cultured out does not mean there would be no side-effects. Keep in mind they’re typically smoking what amounts to an unfiltered cigarette, burning an organic substance, and breathing that into the lungs. The lungs are designed for air exchange, not ingestion. I’m sure there a zillion chemicals, not to mentioned burning pesticides, etc etc.

Medical marijuana is a bit of an oxymoron.

Bridget says:

Hi Rose, in response to comment #3 I nominate Joe Rogan because he’s a well known marijuana advocate. He has a very popular podcast, a new t.v. show on Syfy, and he’s an active stand-up comedian.

I think he’d make a good candidate because he seems to personify the “productive pothead”(I just made that term up). He gives the impression that he smokes a lot, but he also seems to have a lot of success and work to show for himself despite his pot use. He’s also really intellectual which reminds me of Jill Erin’s comments about her ex. I’m also really curious as to how someone can produce so much in objective reality when they smoke a lot and/or do psychedelics. Thanks.

Paige says:

Hi David, if you’re referring to my question about removing the chemical that makes you high, In the special I watched the patients took it in pill form, I think, I know they didn’t smoke it.

And Rose, I’m not advocating for medical marijuana just wondered.

Paige says:

Actually my understanding is that it has been “cooked up in a lab” with the THC or whatever the substance is that makes you high removed and that patients take it now.

Sorry thought it was a legit question,, guess not.

Thanks to all of you who have been commenting at this thread and have not yet been thanked.

You included, PAIGE. 🙂

JILL ERIN, DAVID, AMY, BRIDGET, JORDAN, DAVE, PRIMMIE. Wonderful perspectives in this discussion!