New NAME ALIGNMENT Aura Research

New NAME ALIGNMENT Aura Research

New NAME ALIGNMENT® Aura Research — just born.

New NAME ALIGNMENT® Aura Research. This emerging skill of Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES) might be really help you to evolve spiritually extra-fast.

Legally, it is no big deal to change your name. Making this shift can be one of the easiest things you ever do, and one of the cheapest investments you make in this lifetime.

Finding a name that reverberates with the vibration of your soul? I consider that to be the single best investment you can make in your spiritual evolution, success, and personal happiness.

A super-easy way to grow, as well.

One way to choose a name wisely is NAME ALIGNMENT® Aura Reading Research. This is one of my very favorite skill sets within Rosetree Energy Spirituality.

It has been a while since this option for personal growth has been discussed at the blog. Today could be the perfect day for you to consider a giant step forward that you can make relatively quickly and easily.

Naming yourself based on self-authority alone?

Let’s keep in mind that each of us can make use of two contrasting resources in life, whether for choosing a way to name yourself appropriately or for any other aspect of self-improvement.

SELF-AUTHORITY means paying attention to your inner feelings, thoughts, opinions, reactions, knowledge, inspirations, common sense.

Indispensable!

SKILL means having at least one relevant skill set for the purpose intended. Name Alignment® Research is a skill set that helps people to find names that are appropriate across many variables of human life.

If you are interested in naming yourself more appropriately, you could do it while guided by self-authority. Or you could supplement that by taking 55 minutes for a consultation that supplements self-authority with skill.

Self-authority brings good results. But adding dedicated skills for choosing a power name aligned with your soul? That can bring even better results.

What about a little change, just to see how that goes?

Today’s blog post was inspired by a Comment 14 by RACHEL over at Review of “The NEW Power of Face Reading,” a Guest Post by Jordan. RACHEL asked:

“Rose, on an auric level, how much of a difference does it make to change a middle name? Seems sensible to start with that, if it’s low hassle and low cost, but presumably the results are more powerful if you go the whole whack and change all of your names?”

All of us have friends who have done the smallish whack instead:

• Changing a middle name
  • Using a nickname or variant spelling of your first name
  • Tweaking the spelling of a name to make it better in terms of numerology. (How many “Dianne”s, with NNs, do you know, for instance?)
  • Changing how a name is spelled just for cuteness or originality.
  • Using the middle name, dropping the first name.

Often a small change seems like a reasonable experiment. But changing your name in any of these ways? Turns out to be a very big deal, aurically.

By way of analogy, you are racing down the Autobahn Highway of Life, moving forward as fast as you can with your spiritual evolution and personal development. Changing your name is like moving the steering wheel of your car by a quarter turn.

A small course correction? At such speeds?

Naming sets up your vibrational positioning

Living on earth, you emit vibrational frequencies. They do show up in your aura, so it was really clever of RACHEL to raise her question about the aura-level consequences of naming.

Aura reading with Stage Three Energetic Literacy is one way to learn about those vibrational frequencies. Subconsciously, everyone responds to that who-you-be, your auric modeling. Every chakra databank includes a Divine-level gift of your soul.

Ideally your name resonates with all this. Rather than clashing with it.

Speaking your name, writing it, thinking it, telling it to other people — that sends out a very specific vibrational frequency. If your name does not match your Divine-level gifts, that holds back your spiritual evolution. While a compatible name can help you to avoid sending out a mixed message.

Therefore, even a small spelling change to a name is a big deal, aurically.

Of course, it is also a big deal humanly. Not something to do experimentally for a year, then changing your name some more the next year, perhaps giving yourself (plus all family members, friends, and business associates) an annual naming update.

Socially, that could strain credulity.

Granted, name changes can be necessary. For instance:

• If you are a woman who gets married or divorced, naming provides important status markers.
  • If you become the citizen of a new country, you might wish to change your name legally to a name in the language and culture of your new land.
  • If you have been in a cult and wish to move rapidly into an authentic personal identity, this is an ideal time to research a name that thrills your soul.
  • If you have gone through rehab and aim to strengthen your identity now, that new name can become one of your touchstones for healthy self-acceptance.
  • If you have gone through significant, major evolution… what I call “Virtual Reincarnation”… you might wish to celebrate this major life passage with a name that thrills your soul and trumpets your Divinely-designed uniqueness.

Such a name would stand you in good stead even if you go through additional life passages, multiple Virtual Reincarnations.

Considering a name change?

Here’s how NAME ALIGNMENT® Aura Reading Research might help.

Based on my skill set in this area, I do not personally recommend changing just a middle name. Or changing any one part of a name — first, last, or middle — without first doing Soul Thrill Research.

This type of aura reading takes into consideration a full range of chakra databanks.

A baseline for naming research is done with 8-10 of the chakra databanks that matter most for your sense of identity now. This will definitely be a representative sample, drawn from every one of your relevant main chakras.

Otherwise, it is all too easy (and common) to make a choice that satisfies a few favored components of self but doesn’t help other components at all.

For instance, one might choose a new last name that is helpful for emotional self-awareness and spiritual growth. Unfortunately it could be just awful for making money, getting respect in the outside world, having an intimate love relationship.

Your chakra databanks know the impact of any name that you might change to, just as it is only fair to you to research the impact of the name you’re using right now. Maybe it is good, maybe not. Vibrationally names are way more than a matter of liking.

Every one of your current names, like every potential name change, can be researched.

Personally, I strongly recommend that kind of input into such a potentially huge decision. Having a legal name that thrills your soul and expresses your current level of soul evolution? A name that works in the world to bring you more success, power, and respect? More balanced expression of your who-you-be?

Sure you deserve that. And you can have it.

New NAME ALIGNMENT® Aura Research is not…

a commitment to change your name.

After a session of New NAME ALIGNMENT® Aura Research, you might wind up feeling really great about your current name.

Once you have done a thorough bit of research into the impact of a name, you will have a basis for comparison. Does a new name really represent significant improvement for every one of your chakra databanks?

Then go ahead and change your name legally.

Change it once.

For keeps.

That’s what I recommend, anyway. It is what I have helped several clients to do. For more ideas to play around with, here is a link about Name Alignment  Aura Reading Research done with Rosetree Energy Spirituality.

And you might also enjoy “Grace’s Name Change — A Guest Post”

Changing your name is not like changing your hairstyle or makeup. It is more like going for cosmetic surgery. Choose wisely.

Rosanna Tufts says:

So glad you’re researching this, Rose. It’s funny, because both of the men I have married had last names that somehow just didn’t SOUND right with my first name. And I’m really tempted to have my daughter drop her legal last name when she comes of age.

What about people who keep their last names for professional reasons when they get married — as we see with celebrities? Nicole Kidman did not change her last name, but Rosanne Barr did. Does it help them to maintain their own identity, or do they energetically set themselves up for divorce?

David says:

A fascinating subject to me, Rose. I’ve explored the idea using numerology in the past and the Kabalarians are big here, but it seemed a little shallow that everyone should have a name aligned with the same certain number. Some of the older Vedic and Chaldean systems seemed better if archaic.

One of my ideas was to add several middle names. But I realized that was just more complicated.

I’ve also had good hunks of my life when I’ve been better known by nicknames, even now. Those arose from others and spread because that’s what I was being called.

I’ve also noted that many spiritual traditions give a spiritual name with initiation of some kind and/or with awakening.

What you suggest makes much more sense to have a name resonant with our energy – more like our “true name”. Just finished a text on mantra- it made it very clear how powerful nama or name is.

David says:

I have a name story. I’m reminded of a fellow who used to go to the same church as I. He was a professional numerologist, working mostly with businesses. He told people about themselves the moment you were introduced. He did not have a high opinion of David’s, though he said it was better than Dave.

We later mutually attended a movie discussion evening and at one point he was staring at my oddly. I said “what?” He said I was from another planet. (?) On another occasion he had started referring to me as “Doc”.

It turns out David’s are not supposed to have any insight and comments I’d made were contrary to his beliefs. That’s how strong he usually found a first names influence.

Grace says:

I’ll share part of my name-change research experience to highlight aspects of the process that I wouldn’t have been able to figure out on my own. Maybe this can help others who are considering a name change.

I very much wanted to change my last name, which came from an ex-husband. After learning about Rose’s research on names, I started to get intuitive hits on a particular name. So I thought that would be my new last name.

Fast forward to the research session with Rose to check it out. That name I liked was actually awful for a last name for me! But it was perfect for a first name. Back then, my consciousness was not in the place to accept changing my first name….that definitely seemed a little weird! So I had blocked myself, unwittingly. A gnarly knot of unconsciousness stood in the way.

We continued our research and, working together, came up with first, middle and last names that fit me perfectly. It took me a while to actually do the change. I wanted to be sure I was using my self-authority.

I later did research for a business name and had one that intuitively felt just great. But then it turned out to be awful in the research for a reason I never would have gotten to on my own. We worked together to come up with a great name that I’m happy with.

So if you’re considering changing your name, it’s not necessary to have everything figured out ahead of time. And it’s a great idea to have an open mind as you enter the research session, since, like my experience, the results may be quite different from what you thought they’d be. Maybe other name changers haven’t had those kinds of experiences, but I certainly learned a lot from them and thought it might be worth sharing.

Jill Erin says:

After my divorce and before I got married again, I did a name change session with Rose. I did my homework and had a long list of names I liked before the session. During the session and research every one of my choice for names was rejected because of it’s effect on one or all of the chakra data banks we researched. I started to panic. Then, we went through the alphabet to see what letters resonated and started picking from the most powerful letter. It all came together at last and I am soooooo happy with my new name! I love my name.

It only took me a little while to get used to it and used to writing it. Most of the people I know easily slipped into using it and told me it really fits. It was a little more expensive for me to do because I have a business and wanted to make sure it was done well and thoroughly by a lawyer. But, after I did all that I realized I could have done it a lot cheaper without the lawyer and just as well. You all can learn from my mistake.

Grace says:

Jill Erin, your comment about making the changes without a lawyer reminded me of a resource I was led to. I had a friend (a lawyer)who had changed her name and she used a book by Nolo Press to guide her through the process, so that’s what I did.

I was lucky; they publish “How to Change Your Name in California,” so I just went through it all like a cookbook. They do have other non-CA specific resources.

Nolo Press is a wonderful publisher in Berkeley. Their mission is to help people do the types of legal transactions that they can certainly do by themselves without the help of a lawyer. Excellent quality materials and a great way to save money.

Thanks for sharing, Jill Erin
    Thinking about my given nicknames, i realized they usually started with the same first letter (though not the current nom de plume) which also happens to be the first letter of my “true name”. By that I mean the sound that creates this form. This is not something you can typically pronounce as it’s a kind of synthesis of the chakra databanks. Put another way, the chakra databanks are a detailing of it.

Having a name that is resonant with the chakra databanks is thus a much truer representation of you.
    Very cool, Rose.

Thanks, Grace
    I read over the linked 2010 article and your comments detailing the unfolding process. Thanks for documenting it. And it’s a great first name. And if that is what is resonant with your chakras, wow. 😉

David says:

I’ve been keeping a list of books by Rose that I want to get when I’ve finished these ones. I think I need to start a list of things I want to consult with her on too. 😉

Always useful to have another perspective – especially one based on Deeper Perception.

Hi Grace
    In Canada, we have Self-Counsel Press.
    They don’t cover name change because its pretty straightforward and spelled out on the gov’t web site. Lots of papers but not unlike getting a passport.

Grace says:

Thanks, David. Glad you enjoyed the original post. It seems like very long ago now!

I really have felt much more of a sense of congruence with this name (clean sweep of first, middle and last!). Sure, there are still challenges in life. But in my day-to-day dealings with people, and even especially in dealing with bureaucratic kinds of things, ATT, doctor’s offices, insurance companies, stuff like that, people are generally very nice and respectful. Things quite often go very smoothly, much more so than before.

I was very amused by comments I got after changing my name. My favorite was the big, beefy guy at the front desk of my health club who said to me on checking me in one day, “What a pretty name!”

When I hear that (and I often do), I say, “Thanks, I picked it myself!” 🙂

They usually want to hear the story, which is fun.

Amanda says:

Rose, this is so interesting, thank you for posting it.

One of the reasons I didn’t do the research was that I was a little unsure of my ability to do it. I may try for myself or book a session to check out my new middle name and its effect.

I know that at one point I would like to chenge my last name, but also know it’s going to cause a major stink with my family, who will see it as an offensive action.

My family can on the whole be relied on to protest, block and argue with every positive change I make, and only come round to it after the fact, when it usually becomes clear to them that I’ve made a good decision.

Amanda

Amanda says:

David, I’m interested by numerology too, particularly with regards to house names. I’ve generally found it to be accurate in the broad sweep, to the degree that I now will check a house’s number out when moving.

I never investigated much further than that, partly because I don’t want to train myself to see the world in that way.

I’m wary of identifying any kind of skill-set ‘lens’ to bring to bear on the world because it can eventually create distortion and some level of identification (It must be done this way or it won’t work) – which will need to be removed at some point anyway.

A good example – I recently read a book on Feng Shui and good heavens! the number of rules, warnings, ‘do it this way or bad things will happen’ that I found in the text put me off completely.

I would rather live by my own flows and deal with aspects as they arise than by a set of rules.

🙂

Amanda

Amanda says:

On the legal side in the UK if anyone is thinking about changing their name, the process is a simple online form, a paymen of £15 and the deeds arrive and you can then sign and get them witnessed by a neighbour or friend.

It’s very simple and hassle-free. They will even notify the DVLA and send you a driving licence change of name form.

Amanda

Grace S. says:

Interesting. I’m working on another legal name change – this time to add my husband’s last name, which is also the last name of my child. But my last name is his middle name, so we would end up matching.

I just did some aura research on different combinations of names, including my “ethinic” first name (legally still is that name, but I go by Grace). Very, very interesting to see what brought me utter shut down vs what brought all my chakras out to a healthy functioning level, including the High Heart.

As a background, when I got married, I dropped my long maiden name, and I didn’t want to pick up my husband’s lengthy last name. So I chose my own.

And now that in a rather different stage of my life and have gone through my own “virtual reincarnation” in many ways, my name doesn’t feel full anymore as it is.

Hi Amanda
    You make a great point. Conceptual models can be useful ways of looking differently. But if we hold onto them too firmly, they can be a barrier to seeing what is here.

And yes, I’ve had a similar experience with Vastu, the Indian Feng Shui. People following certain rules superstitiously without learning to actually feel the energy and how it’s moving on site. As a result, they build a house that follows the rules but may or may not capture the effect.

Yet another reason for Deeper Perception.

Julie says:

I did a session of name change research once and was glad that I did. Most of the names I chose to research were a bad fit for me, and didn’t have soul thrill.

A lot of the names that I “liked” moved me in a direction I had already been, of being very ethereal and spiritual. They didn’t move me in the direction I wanted to go, of householder success and normal human happiness.

Being grounded, achieving something in the world, getting respect from others, attracting a relationship, having a social life– all of those were good areas to research and I wanted a name that would help me and not hinder me.

Fortunately a couple of names were good fits, and one had very big soul thrill! It was good in all of the areas researched and I think will be a very easy and effortless way to step forward in life.

Julie says:

Which leads me to my next comment…I sent off my name change papers today. I’m pleased to be making this change. It represents the next level of freedom for me, to be called by a name that I actually like. I am keeping my first name and changing my middle and last names. If all goes well, I should be Julie Blake Edison in a month or so.

I researched the name with Rose in a soul thrill session, and also checked the numerology, as well as the root meaning of the names. Blake means shining, and Edison means wealthy, blessed, or fortunate. From soul thrill research, the middle name would bring out power and social connectedness from past lifetimes where I have experience with that. The last name would highlight intelligence and the value of that intelligence. The name tested out well in all ways. It feels pretty lovely to me!

It also worked for me because I’ve always liked the name Blake and admired people that I’ve know who have it. And Edison was, interestingly, the only name that came to me through intuition, when I asked myself what I would want to be called. That one name came to me, and also tested out with huge soul thrill. The other names that I researched I racked my brain to come up with, and at one point resorted to going through the phone book in a painstaking process that didn’t produce anything that tested out well.

So, here’s to soul thrill research and a new beginning to a new phase of life!

JULIE, I am so moved by these comments.

Let me be the first to congratulate you, at this blog at least.

If you are game, you might wish to share with our Blog-Buddies approximately how long ago you waited. Was it just days between that first name change research and this historic day in the life of Julie Blake Edison?

In any case, I must tell you that this news is so wonderful, makes me sing inside. And that’s just me.

You, Ms. Julie Blake Edison, are (I’m hunching) going to have a lot of extra singing in your life, one way or another.

Julie says:

Thank you, Rose! That means so much to me. It was 3 years in between doing the research and making the change. I gave it time and a lot of thought.

I didn’t want to be impulsive or too hasty in the decision-making. I figured that if it stood the test of time, it really was a change that I wanted to make! And it is. The time seems right! It feels right in all ways.

You were singing during the session, too. I remember! You broke out into song, spontaneously singing the name. Yes, singing must be a factor:)

Thank you again for the congratulations, and sharing my joy.

Congratulations Julie! I love your new name and I’m so excited for you that you’ll now have a name that is congruent with your soul. How perfect it is for you–shining and blessed!

Dear Julie,

Sending you my dear and heartfelt congratulations, although I’m not sure that you need them! I love how you did the research, then gave it time and thought until you felt ready and the decision felt right.

And now you are!

Awesome!!

Rachel says:

Wow, Julie, thanks for sharing this. I find it really inspiring to read about your process.

I love the sound of your new name, too.

I also would love to investigate the possibility of changing my name, as I know that none of my current names are a good fit for me at all; it’s just not quite the right time yet – and I, like you, think it’s important to give it plenty of time, cos it’s not a change that I would want to keep overturning.

Anyway, congratulations! I also love how you described that your first set of name choices would have not taken you in the direction you really wanted to go.

Julie says:

Thank you, Kylie! I think it will make a world of difference to have a name that is congruent with my soul. And much easier to spell and pronounce than the German surname I was born with (and that you were born with too – hello, sister!) I was largely inspired by your own recent name change. I am tickled that we both have new names that fit us, and that we like. It’s a great way to usher in a new phase of life, and take on the world with new eyes and vigor.

Julie says:

Thanks also to Grace W, who wrote extensively about her name change a while back. It helped me know what I was getting into, as I like to know the details of others’ experiences so I don’t go into things too blindly. It helped to hear about the process, and especially the insight that eventually what other people might think of the name change just stopped mattering to her, and became less relevant than what she herself wanted to do.

Hi Anita,

Your congratulations are so appreciated, as it adds something that could not come from anywhere else. I am so in support of you also in your steps forward and accomplishments, whether they are things that are documented here at the blog or not, and I celebrate them with the same reaction I would my own – a big smile.

Julie says:

3 years may seem like a long time to some, but when I first did the session I wasn’t committed to changing my name. I didn’t know if I ever would change it. I was just curious and exploring the options. Then the following year was 2012, which turned out to be a very surprising and eventful year, to say the least. I had my hands full with other things. Now the pace of life is a little calmer, and it seems like a stable time to throw this out on the table. I guess it’s always a bit of a gamble to change things, but then there are lots of sayings about risk and reward.

Julie says:

Thanks, Rachel. That is what was surprising to me, that most of the names I researched were not an improvement over the current name. They either didn’t have soul thrill, or didn’t have a positive association. Anything that reminds you of a person you didn’t like, or a place you didn’t like, or a character from literature that you don’t want to be connected to – all of those can be reasons to discard a name as a choice.

It sounds obvious, but I didn’t realize it until I asked about some of them. Like Helen reminding me of Helen of Troy (do I want to be the face that launched a thousand ships and started a 10 year war?). It’s a question worth asking! Or the name Austen which reminds me the author Jane Austen, which isn’t a positive association for me either. So there were names that I could have ruled out, if I had thought about the associations or implications of the name.

Grace W. says:

Thanks, Julie. I just noticed that you mentioned me in your comments.

I took a whole year after doing the research before I took any action and even so, there was a part of me that wasn’t completely on board. But the rest of me won out.

I don’t know that any of my fears that held me back from making the change actually ever came true.

I’ve had a handful of people on various occasions, usually when they’re tired or distracted, call me by my old name, which I actually find to be pretty funny. I never get mad, but am amused by how upset they get, thinking I’ll be mad.

Your comment prompted me to have a new insight. I’ve had quite a summer of major health adventures. As my doctor put it early in the summer, “It’s like you stepped out the door and a piano fell on you!”

Things are better now, though I’m not 100% yet. But my insight is that in all that purification that went on, so much stuff got burned off that I can’t even find that part of me that was so hesitant and fearful. She would rear her head during vulnerable times and question the name change. I think this summer she got torched. :-)It does feel good to be congruent.

Congratulations on your name change! I hope that you’ll write in a journal or at the blog about how things unfold as you bring your new name out into the world.

Hi Grace W.,

I imagine how easy it might be for people to slip up, and call you by the old name, at least once in a while.

It must be nice to see your name on paper and see it reinforced – to have mail delivered to you with your new name on it, and accounts with your new name on it, and all that good stuff. I look forward to seeing my name in print. I think that will make it real for me.

I hope people will remember my new name better than the old one. Its funny, but people can’t seem to remember my last name, maybe because it doesn’t fit me.

I had a coworker the other day who said, with a funny look on her face “What’s your last name, again?” Then after I told her she stopped, and looked at me again “How is that spelled?” The expression was really very telling. She felt silly in asking, but she truly didn’t remember.

People can work with me for years and not know what my last name is. It’s almost laughable.

Kind of like the character of Chandler on the television show Friends. His best friends have no idea what he does for a living. They have no idea! They just know he goes off somewhere and does some sort of work with computers and numbers. Data configuration for statistical analysis… doesn’t stick in their minds.

In the same way, my last name doesn’t stick in people’s minds.

We’ll see if the new name fares better. I should keep a journal to note the changes. I’m also curious to hear people’s reactions to the change.

Congratulations on the “torching” of the old stuff. It sounds like name change is a transformation, maybe a gradual one. Not an overnight process.

Hi Julie,

Comment #26: Right back atcha. I deeply treasure your friendship and always have. I celebrate your evolution with all the joy that I would regard my own or those of my dearest family members. Your steps forward and accomplishments have always inspired me – and continue to inspire me. You’ve always been a big appreciator and supporter of others. I’m so glad that this time, I could have this special role for you. You deserve all the congratulations, joy, and success that belong to you!

Hi Julie – and Blog Buddies,

Comment #27: I was relieved when you mentioned that 2012 turned out to be a surprising and eventful year for you. I have to say, both 2012 and 2013 have not been “easy” years for me. Both years have been full of surprises. I think since the shift, it’s been a time of intense change and virtual reincarnation for many people on the planet. Ultimately, while these changes are probably good for the long-term and necessary, it’s not easy to go through significant changes as a human being. I think everyone has been called to change and evolve spiritually, on some level. Nobody is being left out of this one.

Grace says:

Hi Julie,

During the 3-month gap between the filing of my court papers for the name change and the hearing that would make it official, I had a few instances of people losing the slip of paper I’d written my (old) contact info on.

Sometimes I’d get into conversations with people about the name change and they’d tell me that my (old) name didn’t fit.

I mentioned these kinds of situations to Rose and she said it didn’t surprise her. When a name doesn’t fit, it’s harder for people to remember.

And when it does fit, there really is more of a sense of congruence and ease.

Anita says:

One thing that this conversation about name change is making me think about in my own life is how I am being stretched to grow in ways that aren’t familiar or comfortable to me – or to balance my life with activities or goals that I wouldn’t naturally pursue.

It’s about doing the different and unfamiliar.

I’m especially thinking about Julie’s Comment #17. One of my favorite activities to do when browsing at the bookstore is to look at magazines or books on home decorating. My preferred design aesthetic is modern with clean lines, but recently I have been looking more at magazines and books that feature country decorating. The contrast helps me see the universal in good design, but it also helps me grasp what is less featured in modern design books. Country style values the personal, the quirky, individual and family history, warmth, charm. Modern style tends to be sleek and new, monochromatic, and minimalistic – but also a bit cold, with a focus on stainless steel, metals, and glass, rather than natural materials.

I find it easy to stay or move in directions that I have been in before because it’s familiar ground. So the trick is to grow in directions that would benefit me yet are unfamiliar.

I am also finding that I need to pursue activities that ground me and to make that part of my daily routine. These activities have never been very exciting for me. But it is exactly the balance that I need at this time.

Of course, being more physically grounded and stable in my body also allows me to grow spiritually in a more stable and sustained way as well. But I have to remind myself of that. 🙂 It’s not my natural preference to joyfully pursue activities that ground me!

Julie,

You also reminded me that I did a lot of soul thrill sessions with Rose about medical specialties. In the beginning, I researched a lot of specialties that I thought would fit me. Then I researched the field that I would never think of pursuing – and it turned out to be the best fit for me. It moved me toward householder success, human happiness, and spiritual growth – and away from directions that I had already been in or directions that didn’t bring me a great deal of happiness or success. It’s not that the other fields were “bad” or that I wouldn’t be great in those specialties. It’s that they didn’t bring balance – they were great in certain ways, not so great in other ways.

What I find fascinating about this entire conversation is how it is about personal fit and soul thrill. There’s no one cookie cutter fit for the masses. There is a solution that works for a given person at a given time in a person’s life, depending on where that person happens to be physically, emotionally, spiritually. All of these factors need to be taken into account.

Hi Anita,

Comment #31: I feel like that’s one of my roles in this lifetime, is to be that appreciator and supporter of others. It gives my life meaning. And it’s very sweet when it comes back to me! Thank you.

Anita,

2012 for me was “the best of times, and the worst of times”. It had highs that I never thought I would reach, gifts that I never thought I would be given. It also had some pretty tough times, worse than I ever thought I would see. It was both of those! I can only look back and call it mythic. But the hard times pave the way to a better future, as any solid foundation I build under myself will stand me in good stead later.

Hi Grace,

I am very interested to see what people’s reaction is to this change. They may be like “Yeah, I never could remember your old name, anyway. What was it again?”

Anita,

I love this part of comment #34:

“Everything in life requires balance: the old with the new, our past history with where we are now, the person we used to be with the person we are becoming.”

Beautifully said.

Mythic, JULIE? You realize, by definition that sort of experience could make you a myth-tic. 😉

Julie says:

Oh, Rose, you make me laugh!

Anita,

#35: Exactly! There is no cookie-cutter fit. It’s about what is right for the individual, at that particular point in time.

I used to think that life was more like a recipe.
    You would find what worked, and then duplicate it over and over and over.

That’s not great for growth and improvement, though. Life is too spontaneous and ever-changing. Since the moment is changing, the needs and desires and direction of balance are changing.

Hi Julie,

I love all of your comments and your participation on the blog. Your comments add so much to the conversation here. It is so wonderful to hear your thoughts, what you have been up to, your evolution.

I, too, can’t wait to see what happens in your life after you change your name. Please keep all of us posted!

Perhaps a future guest post? To describe your mythic and myth-tic times?

Rachel says:

I am really enjoying reading this conversation and finding it very inspiring.

I too would love to hear about the impact your name change has on your life, so do please keep us posted, Julie!

I confess I am also curious about what it is like to come to the decision to change your name once you are Enlightened. This is probably a very superficial judgement, but I guess I would have assumed that once Enlightenment had been reached it would mean that the person concerned had much more inner freedom to pursue new pathways in life just by virtue of being Enlightened.

I am cringing a little upon writing that because it feels as though I may be operating with some kind of naive assumption that being Enlightened means that you are ‘perfect’ and therefore don’t need to change… Hmmm… probably not the case…

Nevertheless, I imagine that deciding to change your name in order to grow in human ways must feel different from the perspective of Enlightenment.

Any thoughts?

RACHEL, this is an absolutely fascinating question.

I also want to congratulate you as a writer. Because I happen to know that you ARE a writer and I also happen to know how you sound when speaking in a session.

You have a very powerful way of communicating in your distinctive voice, even in a blog comment like this. Just marvelous!

Hi Rachel

I can’t speak for those who have changed their names but keep in mind that someone enlightened is still in the world. If there are ways they can maximize their productivity and presence, they may actually more easily make a move like this as they’re not so attached to a personal identity.

Enlightenment does not create specific behaviors because it’s not the person who is enlightened. It is consciousness that wakes up to itself through an apparent person. That person may continue much as before. (but with a very different inner experience) There is a well known sage who continued to smoke and died of lung cancer. Lots of ordinary people who are enlightened.

Or that person may change markedly. Depends on what needed to fall away in the process.

Curiously enough, our own personal expectations of enlightenment can be one of the last barriers to being it.

Rachel,

You are so eloquent!

David,

Great response in Comment #45!

KYLIE wrote a great comment about her experience with Name Alignment Research.

That includes 10 ways her life has changed as a result of changing her name.

Her comment that has been elevated to a guest post, complete with a KYLIE photo. See it here:

Hi Rachel,

Great question!

With the name change, I am looking for the internal and external sides of life to line up for me. In other words, the internal state is gorgeous, the external…um, let’s say there is work to be done. I have goals that I am working towards, things that I want to manifest. I’d like to buy a house someday, meet someone and get married, maybe get a fantastic cat to sleep in the windsill of that house and shed hair all over my sweaters. I don’t yet have everything that I want. I think the name change will help with alignment. It’s my hope that the external will line up with the internal, and that I can make progress towards my goals and dreams.

I remain as commitment to change as ever, and it feels like the way is clear to make progress. I may be able to draw the kinds of things toward me that I want, if my name is “broadcasting” who I am, and what I am about, very clearly. The current name doesn’t do that. I think the new name does. It’s a better fit. This is just my personal experience, though. Every individual is different. I still have work to do on my life path, things I want to accomplish. It’s just something that I know. I’ve come a long way, but “miles to go before I sleep” as Robert Frost said.

Rachel says:

Thanks, Rose and Anita for the compliments!

*blushes*

Rachel says:

And thanks to David and Julie for your insightful responses, too.

It’s so interesting to read what you write and to be reminded about the ‘inner experience.’

I found myself wanting to put it in my own words – maybe once someone is Enlightened then they can choose to grow in certain directions (which includes things like making more money or buying houses), but that choice is motivated more by fun and joy and curiosity rather than compulsion or desperation or any sense of need.

Hi Rachel

Right – if remaining compulsions and needs (musts and shoulds too) come up, they’re seen through and resolved.

In some ways, we can say its driven by choice. In other ways what unfolds is driven by life itself, to flower into it’s own fullness. It simply happens and we watch the lila (play) unfold.

Because we recognize the cosmic aspect of ourselves, it may not even seem like a me that’s choosing, only that choice and preference are being expressed. But as it deepens, we settle into the source of all. The free will vs determinism paradox is resolved as we are both sides of the equation.

But that’s another subject and I’m wandering off the question…. 😉

Julie says:

That’s very nicely put, Rachel.

Rachel,

It’s like there are two things existing at the same time. On the one hand, everything is absolutely perfect just the way it is. There is the moment, the now, (the fabled now!), and that is JUST RIGHT.

On the other hand, there is that mysterious “something” that urges me on, makes me want to move, and grow, and change, and discover new things. Your word curiosity is a good one.

That’s maybe where the fun comes in – not knowing what’s going to happen next. Uncovering the stone to see what lies underneath it. Discovering…

Hey, Anita,

#43: I will see what I can do. If inspiration strikes, I will listen and re-spond. You too, okay:)?

Thanks for your questions, Rachel, and Julie for your answers–very interesting and insightful. It is something I have been curious about as well.

Julie says:

I’m reminded of something Rose said to me on the blog, when I reached Enlightenment. She said that from that point on I wouldn’t need anything, from anyone, ever again.

There’s a certain truth to that. I am pretty self-contained, and happy that way. Yet I also feel like interaction with others is the spice of life. It adds something.

Each person adds something that couldn’t come from anywhere else – adds to the richness, the enjoyment, the experience.

Maybe choosing to change and evolve is the same way. There may not be a need for it, so much as an enjoyment of it. It adds to the richness of life.

Hi Julie

Well put. We still need to take care of the body and the life but who we are within is self-sufficient.

I’ve noticed that spending time with others awake enhances what you describe. They’re more who they are and more who we are both. This tends to amplify the enjoyment and different people bring out different aspects.

There’s a local group that’s actively looking for a suitable building for the awake to go to for retreats and to retire in. 😉

Rachel says:

Great comments, Julie and David.

Thanks, it’s all very helpful – and ‘enlightening!’

Julie says:

Thanks, David. Yes, self-sufficient.

Such a gathering sounds like fun:)

David says:

Yep – I’m going on a retreat next week. Usually the majority are awake with some in Unity or higher. It’s potent just to be in that community for a few days. And better that several are very good friends.

Those that are not awake often have trouble staying that way. 😉

How wonderful, that retreat.

Here’s a research idea. If you are game…

Ask around and find 2 or 3 people there who are not yet Enlightened and who would be interested in my doing a bit of aura reading about them at the blog. First name and photo showing.

It won’t be mean-spirited, I promise.

If they agree:

Take a photo early in the retreat. One person per photo, picture taken from a direct frontal angle, head down to waist or even full torso.

Shortly before leaving, take a similar type of photo of that same person.

Then I will compare, in order to note immediate change.

Interested?

Anyway, DAVID, have fun on that retreat.

Hi Julie:

Comment #56: You got a deal! 🙂

Rose,

Comment #63: I love this idea. People can change a lot at spiritual retreats. They can be pretty intense experiences. Some people grow and expand a great deal in a short period of time – and it’s a good thing. Other people can become less grounded, less stable – they probably need to attend fewer spiritual retreats, do *less* active spiritual seeking, not more! Maybe some camping instead to help ground them physically.

Hi Rose
    Interesting idea but it would be difficult to arrange on this short a notice. The admin guy would be on the road by now.

Just as you wouldn’t want someone coming to a workshop and doing something on the side with your participants, it would not be appropriate for me to wing something.

I have charged my camera though, so we’ll see what arises naturally.

I am still open to the idea of doing reads on darshan-related wakings I’ve seen.

David says:

Agreed, Anita. These are even more so due to the concentration awake (but not necessarily Enlightened yet in Rose’s terms). Partly why they keep them short.

Some of us have shared the awakening journey together which makes for very good friends. So it’s also something of a coming home for me too. A soul family. 😉

DAVID, you are absolutely correct. It is important for integrity when attending a retreat or workshop to request permission from the leader(s) before doing research studies, facilitating healing or even doing aura reading on people at your event.

I thought of it as asking permission and taking photos, but you are right. Doing this would be more.

Nice catch!

We can just research together as we had discussed, pulling out energetic holograms.

Melanie says:

This is probably one of the reasons I keep attending Rose’s workshops. Sure, I learn a ton about Rosetree Energy Spirituality, but I definitely notice deep shifts every time. Rose, being enlightened, plus being a molecular empath, plus being an amazing teacher, and overall awesome person. Each workshop is a gathering of awake and sometimes enlightened people, many of them catalyst-for-growth people.

Perhaps, Rose, if this interests you, you could do such a before and after reading on volunteers attending one of your workshops.

Aw, sweet, MELANIE.

Workshop participants do very well, don’t they.

Gee, I doubt I would do this particular kind of before-and-after research. Two reasons why.

Reason #1: Although I have crossed over the threshold into Enlightenment, I don’t feel comfortable talking about that a lot. Or writing about it a lot.

As you may have noticed, here at this blog, for instance. How often do I write posts or comments about qualities of Enlightenment. Seldom. And when I feel reasonably sure the words will be helpful, not sound like some sort of bragging.

If someone comes to me specifically for assistance as an Enlightenment Coach, I will be more likely have that kind of conversation.

So all my 10 current workshops have names, like “Cut Cords of Attachment Level 2” (this month) and “Spiritual Cleansing and Protection (in October).

None has a name like, “Ooh, let’s have awake and Enlightened people hang out together.” 😉

Reason #2: At this time, my opinion is that people do NOT move into Enlightenment as a kind of contact high.

I am willing to change my mind. I would be delighted to be wrong about this.

In addition to discussing with DAVID, off blog exclusively before my Comment 68 today, I have requested before that you Blog-Buddies are invited to email me photos and stories and links related to people becoming Enlightened as a matter of darshan.

(Maybe one of you can hunt this down at the blog, if you would. I’m about to go into many hours of session today.)

So I would be delighted to be proven wrong about this.

What I believe happens instead is that people can get a contact high in the presence of someone Enlightened. There can be purification, as well, spontaneous releasing of small and medium-sized frozen blocks.

The heart and consciousness can be uplifted.

That’s lovely!

However, a person would have to be very close to Enlightenment in order for the last STUFF to dissolve, or for God to decide “Now’s the time” and the soul of that person to get the message consciously and give consent. (Or whatever the particulars of that courtship process might be, because the conscious conversation does not always happen.)

Jean says:

Just picked up on this great conversation.

Especially resonant for me was the following from Anitas’ comment # 35:

“With the shift and collective level virtual reincarnation, huge changes are happening rapidly for many people. What once would have worked is no longer guaranteed to work – or to bring happiness or success. It’s all about finding personal solutions now. The personal fit.”

Thank you Anita.

Julie – many congratulations.

Wonderful to hear all you have to say.

Hoping you find a great candidate to shed hair all over your sweaters
    (and numerous other textiles 🙂 when the time is right.

Julie says:

Thank you, Jean! It’s so sweet to hear from you, as always. I laughed at the “and numerous other textiles”. I suspect that will be the case.

Hi Jean,

It’s always great to hear from you. I’m so happy that my comment resonated with you (your Comment #73) because, for a while, I wondered if I was the only one who felt like major changes were happening. I’m reassured – and heartened – to hear that I’m not alone.

Hi Rose

Just to be clear, I don’t think people wake up by seeing a saint once. But I have noticed some people can become very “ripe” for waking. But without a living example, some seem to get stuck there.

Darshan thus helps them “get it”.

As you mention, it may also help release some blocks and that allows it to happen. I’ve met a very small number of people who seem to be able to see those last blocks and help people let them go, thus facilitating it.

Ripeness is not something too obvious to the person involved though as they’ve never gone this way before. They can feel they’re ripe but have a serious resistance or identification keeping them stuck. Or they can be oblivious even to the idea of awakening and be ready to “pop”.

So yeah – darshan only helps in large doses or for the very ready. It’s connecting to source and cleaning house that do the real prep.

And yes, just as it is not the person who wakes up, it’s not darshan that does anything. But it is the one Self waking up to itself and it can be easier around people where the wakeness is stronger. It’s a kind of oooh – that’s what it is. Ping!

David says:

Also to be clear, the retreats I go on are not presented as a gathering of the awake. But because a bunch of the regulars have woken, they’ve become as such. They didn’t start out that way.

Given that those practicing Rosetree Energy Spirituality are also waking up, you’ll see something of the same effect in your workshops over time. Perhaps not as large a % because you have more new students per class. But it will grow, esp. in the Level 2 workshops and such.

Also, with more people waking up, more will be seeking more skilled use of what has arisen with spiritual growth.

Rose re: comment 72

I agree – that conscious conversation is pretty high level, between the higher Self of the soul and the higher Self Itself. And even there, the grace that facilitates these transformations comes from even higher than the higher Self.

For some, it is a very conscious and clear process and the shift is unmistakable, even if completely new and unfamiliar/familiar.

For others, it is not so clear and comes in more gradually and with more uncertainty. A little more Stuff on hand as yet.

David says:

A further observation on the question of darshan – I’ve mentioned this before. Those who are deeply enlightened and living embodiments have a kind of universal darshan. And auras you can feel a long ways away.

Those who are awake and Enlightened have a degree of darshan but their effects on others varies more by what I call resonance. If we resonate with the person, they’re much more likely to cause darshan effects than if we don’t.

I suspect the second relates to chakra databanks but we’ll see as that skill develops more.

David says:

Finally (you touched on a lot of points), I understand what you mean about talking about enlightenment. Again, it is not the person who wakes up, so talking about “my awakening” or enlightenment is misleading.

There is a famous Yogananda quote that gets oft quoted out of context – anyone who says they’re enlightened isn’t.

What I’ve found more useful is talking about what I’ve learned from the process, rather than unique personal experiences. While there is some value in the later, it’s only in the context of the larger picture such as in your interview on BATGAP.

Hi Rachel,

Comment #52: Julie and David already provided great comments, but I would be happy to throw in my two cents.

[Snip.] [This is Rose: The rest follows in a guest post made live soon. Check back later today, Blog-Buddies.]

Jean,

Comment #73: I’m still learning this, too. It’s an ongoing journey – and far bring being complete.

“The above ties into (among other things) my own ongoing personal development around balancing self sufficiency with interaction with others….as discussed by Julie in her comment #58 and by David in his comment #59.”

Jordan says:

Really enjoying reading all these comments here… 🙂

Thanks especially to Jean for pointing out that gem of Anita’s that I missed. 🙂

Jean says:

Anita,

Re your comment #75… right back atcha….your words reassured and heartened me – and helped me to feel less alone.

To touch on the topic of loneliness…I have recently gone back and re-read Roses’ post on this topic- “Healing Your Part in the Loneliness Epidemic.”

Doing so has been helpful for me.

IMHO the loneliness topic kinda ties in with finding that
    unique-to-each-individual balance between interaction with others and self sufficiency.

Yes Anita an ongoing – and vastly educational – journey for myself as well.

And now I must move forward in objective reality and tend to my two
    very dear (furred) companions who (quite innocently) do happen to
    present certain challenges to the textiles
    – and various other surfaces – in our shared space.

These challenges (and other related ones) are of course well worth it to me considering all the many ways that my feline friends contribute positivity to my life.

JEAN, you’re so funny. I agree with JULIE. Textiles are a prized part of commentary from you, whenever mentioned.

So, those dawgs are chewing the carpet?

All your comments are so appreciated!

ANITA and DAVID and JULIE, thank you so much for these wonderful contributions.

This thread is adding to knowledge about Householder Enlightenment, so important to understand if you live on this planet right now. Blog-Buddies, you are reading about your future, if not your present.

Hi Anita

Great comments. Yes, we step into the funnel. It is only in the tight focus of infinite awareness that all the nuances of life can be unfolded.

I’ve seen the stages of enlightenment illustrated by where we are on a structure. It’s a kind of hourglass of 2 cones. Infinite diversity down to a point, then expanding out into infinite awareness. Only it turns out that’s just the hole of the donut. (laughs)

Form is perfect also, but only in the context of the totality of it, not in a specific detail. One detail is out of context of perfection because it is only in total that it’s perfect.

But our senses are attuned to the details, so we live in a world of apparent imperfection. That’s where being aware of the divine underlying it makes the journey so much smoother.

Amy says:

Further to Amanda’s comment above, in the UK there is also this website http://freedeedpoll.org.uk/ Which provides a free option to the companies that charge for creating a deed poll. It uses the appropriate legal terms and framework and gives basic instructions too. So you don’t actually need to pay anyone anything.

I am going to be using this method myself later in the month so I will update you on how it goes!

AMY, thanks for all your comments so far today. How exciting that you can do a legal name change so easily in the U.K.

Blog-Buddies, you can look forward to quite the Guest Post from AMY tomorrow. 🙂

Grace W. says:

I’d like to pick up on this thread of conversation about Name Alignment Research and the experiences of those of us who’ve changed our names.

I have a practical question for Blog Buddies and am curious to hear what you and Rose might have to say.

I haven’t been one to launch myself out on social media, but have been gearing up for a while now to set up a LinkedIn account. I recognize the need to do this so as to publicize my business and connect with my audience.

Grace W. says:

I’ve been a bit stumped by how to handle my name change.

I want to list my career accomplishments, including those that took place under my former name.

I don’t feel compelled to make a big deal out of the fact that I’ve changed my name. I’d actually rather not mention it.

At the same time, I don’t want to come across as hiding something about myself.

With people I haven’t been close to, had a work connection with in my “past life,” and have reconnected with, I’ve told them about the change one at a time and keep the story quite simple.

I’m curious to hear how other name-changing Blog Buddies have handled these more public/professional contexts where the names overlap.

Thanks!

My past work experience is listed on my linked in page, even though I had a different name then. I contacted my university’s registration departments to let them know about my name change. I also notified two former supervisors. I was lucky in that I changed my name right after graduate school, so my professional life will mostly be post-name change.

I also do not like to talk about my name change. So I did a lot of notifications in the year after my name change (to the point of contacting all the people who send me junk mail) so that I will not have to deal with this kind of issue forever.

Rose, Love this article. I worked with you three years ago to research a name change. I initially was just looking for a pen name, but with your help realized that changing it all around was a smarter idea.

I had never felt particularly aligned with my Birth Name of Carolyn Marie, But AnnaMariah seems so much jucier for me, and I love it.

PS and my husband is finally remembering my name. :>)

Macavity says:

Hi,

Surely changing ones human name to match the name of their Higher Self would be the best option.

Is this something you have seen?

Thanks

Interesting question, MACAVITY. Thanks for asking.

When I do this kind of research, many of my clients have originally thought as you did. So they proposed a deeply spiritual name, or a Higher Self name.

Name Alignment Research has NOT brought out that a Higher Self name works well, for a person’s chakra databanks/auric energies.

It tends to be a terrible choice, actually.

A name helps a person most when it supports all of your human identity, not just trying to make all of your human life about the most deeply personal aspect of your belief system. Not unlike the sweet but impractical idea of wearing your heart on your sleeve.

In general, MACAVITY, there is a great deal of confusion in New Age thought about the alleged importance of living from your Higher Self, changing your regular human experiences to more of a Higher Self perspective.

This leads to spiritual addiction, not a more effective life.

And, yes, I’ve researched that too. Search among our Top 10 articles for more information, if you like.

Thanks for reaching out today at the blog. Your first time here, right?