Changing My Name after Name Alignment Research, a Guest Post by KYLIE

Name Alignment for Kylie

Name Alignment for KYLIE

Name Alignment Research has been in the news lately. Okay, not the news outside of this blog but still some news for us, anyway. 🙂

Soul Thrill Research around names is one of my favorite types of Aura Reading Research. Every once in a while, some of you Blog-Buddies share your experiences with it. That got started recently, when Julie  shared at Name Alignment Research, a powerful new way to express your soul.

Basically, this technique is a form of Stage Three Energetic Literacy. I research a broad selection of chakra databanks, getting a baseline about aspects of life that matter to you, drawing from a representative sample of your chakra databanks or nadis.

Then we research one choice at a time. First comes the High Heart Chakra Databank for Soul Thrill. If that one works out well, we research others. What is a good choice — for name or for creative activity or for new place to move or for career? That good choice WILL thrill your soul. Plus other chakra databanks will show good results, too.

Incidentally, I love teaching people how to do this type of aura reading research — both in a January workshop to start the new year right and also in personal mentoring. Sometimes clients just like to have me do the aura reading research for them, which is huge fun. KYLIE did that type of research. So, now you have the back story, Blog-Buddies.

In breaking news… in the small world of “Deeper Perception Made Practical… KYLIE wrote the following comment, which I have turned into a Guest Post. My minor edits, links, and headings. The sparkle is pure KYLIE.

10 powerful changes from Name Alignment Research

I am glad my name change inspired you, JULIE! I have not written about my own name change yet because I thought I’d wait until it’s been a year, so I can really look back and compare the difference.

But it is obvious to me already that it’s been a powerful change. Here are some of the things I’ve noticed, three months after my name change:

1. I’m no longer self-conscious, in the habitual way I used to be.
  2. Life seems a lot more straightforward in some way that is difficult to define. Many things are just easier for me.
  3. I feel bolder, more confident, more willing to shine, and even more willing to engage in confrontations (not my strong suit.)
  4. I am a lot more comfortable being in the spotlight.
  5. My supervisors and coworkers seem to be paying a lot more attention to what I say, and taking me a lot more seriously.
  6. Ever since the name change, I have found it easy to imagine myself as a professional with a well-paying job.
  7. I’ve been getting hit on by strangers, not an experience I ever had in the past.
  8. People smile at me on the street.
  9. I’ve started wearing colorful prints when before I would only wear solid colors.
  10. My physical health is better.

Overall the name change seems to have freed me up in a lot of ways. And it’s amazing how much it seems to have affected the way other people perceive me. I wasn’t expecting that.

How I prepared for Name Alignment Research

About the name research: I spent months looking at names. Reading movie credits, reading names off tombstones, looking at lists of surnames online, reading baby name books, looking at street signs. I was very thorough.

My new last name, came from a street sign. Hearing the bus driver announce it one day, the sound of it thrilled me.

I never intended to choose a new first name–that seemed way too drastic a change to me. But I had picked out a few middle names and Kylie was one of them. I just liked the sound of it. There were only a few first names that appealed to me, and that was one of them.

What was I pretty dismayed to find out in my Soul Thrill Name Alignment Research session with Rose? My original first name has almost no soul thrill for me: It is encoded with pain and suffering from my life up until now, and is completely not congruent with who I have become.

But part of me wasn’t surprised. Somehow I knew that my first name wasn’t right for me, I just didn’t think I could be bold enough to change it.

One of the reasons I had such trouble picking my last name, was that none of my choices sounded right with my original first name. Both names needed to change…

How Soul Thrill Motivated Me

For me, after hearing the name research results, it was not possible for me not to change my whole name. I have done many a soul thrill research session with Rose, I know what she says is true. You can’t unlearn something once you know it. I couldn’t keep living with that name once I knew how it impacted me.

For people considering doing name change research, I would recommend doing a thorough brainstorm for several last names and first names and middle names–even if you aren’t planning to change those names.

Note how you feel about names or name combinations, but don’t get super attached to anything. Schedule a session with Rose when it feels like the right time to change your name, but don’t feel like you have to have found the perfect name. Just have your possibilities ready–3 to 5 names of each type that you like, listing the ones you like the best first.

Like Julie, I found that some last names that appealed to me were a case of “been there, done that.” I liked the name because I’d had that name before in other lifetimes, but it didn’t fit who I am now.

Some first names were lovely, but just didn’t balance well with the last name. And in my case, a middle name wasn’t needed. It would only have diluted the name.

Tips if you are considering a name change

About when to change your name…well, I’m glad that I did a lot of healing work first. For me the name change was the last step of a transformation already complete. Then again, maybe it doesn’t matter what order you do it in. The name will bring changes…

I knew it was time. Because I started to be more and more aware of how much I cringed inside, every time I heard someone say my name, and every time I introduced myself to people.

About the name change process: the hardest part was the two weeks before I changed my name, dreading how difficult it would be.

I knew the immediately after my session that I wanted to change it. But I was terrified of doing it.

I would wake up every morning with deep dread about how people might respond when I told them. After two weeks, I couldn’t stand to wake up feeling that way another day, so I told people.

The legal part: tedious and annoying, but not at all difficult. Waiting for the legal change to happen (six weeks) was the hard part. Just google name change and your state and you’ll find info on how to do it.

The amazingly easy part –- actually telling people.

I did it by sending an email to all my collleagues, and posting on facebook in the early AM before I came to work. Immediately, tons of really nice emails started pouring in, supporting my choice. I found out a lot of people don’t like their names.

I felt incredible the day I told people -– bold, happy, light, electric, free.

An aha! I had later: the energy of my new name supported me in making the change.

Yes, Suzanne would have had a really tough time making such a bold shift, and telling people about it. But Kylie did not.

What’s the worst thing that could happen when you change your name?

Most people had surprisingly little trouble adjusting to the change.

A few people still have trouble, but they are getting better at remembering.

Some of my extended family members are a lot less talkative on Facebook, I’m guessing they have trouble with it.

Everyone I really care about was thrilled by the change, even people I thought would have trouble with it (more conservative, older friends.)

Interestingly enough, I still sometimes slip and call myself by my old name. After all, I had years and years of experience thinking of myself as my old name.

I am so, so glad I changed my name.

It has made so much more possible for me, in my life.

It has made it possible for me to have a much bigger life, a more joyful life, a more exciting and meaningful and soul-thrilling life.

Paige says:

Congratulation Kylie!! I am so inspired by your post. Paige is a name I have been trying on for size, I use it when order food, or have to fill something out on line etc. and here obviously.
    I haven’t done soul thrill to see if it is the best choice for me but I am going to take all your suggestions and do that.
    Thank you so much for sharing this since it is a scary thing to do but I feel exactly the same when someone says my name Renee, ick, even writing it here feels awful.
    It’s comforting to know most people were supportive and didn’t think it was completely crazy.

Julie says:

Wonderful post, Kylie! I’m so glad you wrote about your experiences. It’s so interesting to read the ways that people are responding to you differently now. I love your new name – when I heard the news I was so impressed with your boldness in making the change, and really just electrified by the choice of name that was soooo perfect!

Anita says:

Kylie,

Wow, what an amazing post! I not only enjoyed the simple pleasure of reading your words and letting them soak in, I learned so much from your experience. What you shared was so deep and powerful that I felt honored by your generosity. The wisdom from your post is like a beautiful gift.

Rock on!

David says:

Wow, Kylie – thanks for a wonderful summary of the process, your process, and the experience.

Rose – thanks for compiling this. But I had to laugh at your opening link to the Kabalarians. That system is based solely on aligning your name to a specific number – the same for everyone. Many years ago, I requested a name report and the list I got didn’t offer any thrills. 😉

I ran into it a few years later and amusingly, I’d picked up one of the names as a nickname. But it’s a kind of animal, not your typical first name. (and it’s still there in my email address)

It certainly sounds like testing a name that deeply thrills is a much more potent approach. Given the science of mantra, and the idea that vibration or sound, otherwise know as word, is the source of the world it makes a lot of sense that name is form. Our name is our expression. Make it a good one.

PAIGE, JULIE, ANITA, DAVID, I agree. KYLIE, you have done an amazing article here.

DAVID, often I will link to contrasting or opposing points of view. You’re onto me.

I especially like what you wrote here:

“Given the science of mantra, and the idea that vibration or sound, otherwise know as word, is the source of the world it makes a lot of sense that name is form. Our name is our expression. Make it a good one.”

Thanks everyone! Paige, I’m glad this inspired you. One of the things that helped me in deciding to change my name, was that one of my friends changed her name from Susan to Tereza, years ago. I myself was not at all in favor of the change! It kind of rocks your world when a close friend changes something so basic. But within a week, the new name seemed so obviously right for her, that I came around. Now, I can’t imagine her ever having had any other name. It was helpful to me to know that even if people do have trouble with your name change, if the name resonates with your soul they will come around. And, the more people you know who have made a choice, the easier it is to make that choice yourself.

I’m off to work for the day. Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments.

Jordan says:

Hi Kylie, I’ve noticed a big difference in your comments here – their confidence and boldness – since your name change, so it’s no surprise that you’ve noticed big changes in your life! Congrats.

Sandra says:

Wow, Kylie: a very surprised thank you! Previously, anytime someone mentioned a name change on this blog, I just dismissed it as something not for me. So much of what you said was meaningful to me…hmmmmm.

Rachel says:

I second everyone else’s comments: Kylie, thanks so much for writing this post. It’s not only interesting but very practical and helpful for people (like me!) who hope to research name changes at some point.

Really terrific to read about the process, and how it’s impacted you as well. Lovely!

Dave says:

Like you Kylie, I did a Name Alignment Research session with Rose.

I had to laugh at just how bad my first, middle, and last names are for for my soul.

Like really really bad. All of them.

So far it’s been about 9 months since the session and I haven’t gone through with making a change.

A lot of it is practical, like I was traveling out of the country and didn’t want to mess with changing all my travel documents.

But I’m feeling more and more ready to make the change to my new, much much much better name.

Funnily enough I actually came to a certain acceptance of my current name and pat my self on the back for how far I’ve come in life with such a poorly aligned name.

I was thinking today it’s almost a crime that our parents give us such horrible names. I wonder if names are ever part of a life contract.

But your post has given me a push towards moving forward with the process. Thanks for that.

More than anything I’m just excited about inhabiting the new identity. Like putting on a brand new, beautiful suit, that’s just been sitting in the closet waiting to make its world debut.

Elaine says:

Kylie, congratulations and wonderful post!

Thanks again everyone. Dave, that’s really exciting that you have a new name waiting. I like your analogy! About it being a crime the names parents give us, I agree it can seem like that. But my name was not such a terrible fit at birth. Rose told me that with the degree of evolution and the karma I came in with, my original name was an ok enough fit, not great but not terrible. But at this point in my life, it had become “bafflingly incongruous….like wearing a beautiful outfit with strange galoshes.”

My perspective is, we choose our parents before birth and are complicit in that choice of name as well. But I do admit to envy before my name change of people who are just born with names that fit them.

Then again, at the family courthouse where I went to change my name (I didn’t have to go to court, just fill out forms at the courthouse) there was a transgender person filling out papers at the same time. It made me realize that I’m pretty lucky I only need to change my name!

Kristine says:

Glad I stumbled upon this guest post! Thanks for sharing, Kylie.

I have been thinking about doing this type of research for a few months. This explains why I haven’t done it YET: “You can’t unlearn something once you know it. I couldn’t keep living with that name once I knew how it impacted me.”

To every blog buddy who has taken the bold step, you have made it easier, in my opinion, for others to do the same. Thank you.

Hi Kristine! I’m so glad. Thank you for telling me. I’m so happy for you that you are thinking about doing the research.

Maybe the name you have now is right for you, maybe it isn’t.

I do think that having a name that aligns with your soul is so important-perhaps the most important thing you can do for your own spiritual growth/human growth. Two years after my name change, I am so glad I did it.