Hello, We Passed 15,000 Comments

Blog-Buddies, thank you for making this such a lively, intelligent, kind community. Thank you for joining me as we explore the leading edge of personal development, healing, energetic literacy. Over 15,000 comments? Wow!

David says:

Yeehaw!
    It also speaks to the space you’ve created for the community to develop. Thank you for that.

For context, I have 87% of the number of posts you have but 30% of the comments, by number.

But not only do you have many comments, the quality level here is much higher than most sites.

Well, DAVID. I can picture your saying, “Eh.” But that “Yeehaw”?

Laughing.

Also thank you. Yes, this is an extraordinary online community, and the comments here are such a delight to me.

David says:

What – you think we Canadians say eh, eh?

You may enjoy these clips – how Vancouverites speak and party. (Yeah, we’re the home of Lululemon)

East Meets West Aphrodite says:

Hi David,

Hilarious! Even the titles of the videos are funny. I totally get all of it. “Yoga rave” might be an oxymoron – I didn’t see any chugging of wheatgrass shots, though! Just kidding.

Americans love Lululemon and yoga. It has also become really popular for Americans to wear clothing that was originally designed for camping and other outdoor conditions in everyday life, even though most of us have never encountered Arctic conditions. Or Vancouver storms.

David says:

Yeah – you see people wearing toques or mukluks in summer sometimes. The Eddie Bauer effect. Or inversely, wearing minimal clothing in winter – all in the name of being “fashionable”.

But keep in mind – Vancouver is temperate. The Dancing in the Streets clip was in February and we were also celebrating cherry blossoms and daffodils. Did you notice some tshirts? If you go to a Vancouver store to get a parka, it will be useless in the Yukon or in Iowa. (speaking from experience).

Easterners who migrate here often complain we don’t have a real winter. When the last clip mentions a storm, he was making a joke. We have thunder and lightening maybe once a year. Everything moderate. And the full range – you can water ski in the morning and snow ski in the afternoon. 😉

Thanks David–I enjoyed those clips. I spent some time living on Mayne Island in BC and visiting Vancouver occasionally by ferry and I loved it.

Congratulations Rose!