Insatiable Desire for Fame after The Shift

How much fame can ever be enough?

How much fame can ever be enough?

Speaking of uses for aura reading, I would like to start today’s post about fame by sharing an example of energetic literacy research that touched me deeply.

BERNIE, who commented at this blog today, is hardly the only musician in our online community around Deeper Perception. Many of you Blog-Buddies are involved in the arts at a professional level, while others of you have talent in one or more of the arts. Still others of you are passionate fans.

Well, one of my clients, JOE, is a professional musician who requested a session of Aura Reading Research. JOE asked me to use Stage Four Energetic Literacy to research chakra databanks (nadis) on a colleague who is a professional singer, GLADYS.

This aura reading was heartbreaking. Blog-Buddies, if I hadn’t been protected energetically and emotionally by the preparation process used in the skill set for Aura Reading Through ALL Your Senses, I would have paused mid-session for a good, sobbing cry.

Do Talent and Skill Bring Fame?

Not necessarily? Hard work does not necessarily bring fame. Ambition does not bring fame, nor does “Being a material girl” — although that last part seems to have worked for Madonna, who has been recognized by Forbes as the top-earning performer worldwide in 2013.

Researching GLADYS, the pain of fame starvation showed right in her Root Chakra Databank for Presence in the Room.

• Huge talent was in evidence, plus enough charisma to amply fill the Albert Hall or any other concert venue.
  • There was the soul of an artist, utterly dedicated to her work.
  • There was an ability to co-create with the Divine while singing.
  • Along with all this, there was chronic heartbreak because GLADYS’s career has not been big enough to suit her ambitions.

Sure, GLADYS is a respected professional singer. But how much fame is enough? How much fame today can ever be enough?

Extra-Insatiable Desire for Fame, Especially after The Shift

Got an extra hour, Blog-Buddies? You might want to fill that hour by naming celebrities you know — newsmakers, politicians, performers, athletes, people famous for just being famous.

What, not enough names of the top of your head to fill those 60 minutes? Google on your favorite art forms or mega-successes at business or New Age celebs, etc. You could spend many a day just naming the names. Have there ever on earth been so much celebrities?

And did you ever think that one of your hobbies in life has been to learn names and trivia about famous people, as if that were really, really important?

Despite how big a deal fame is now, the craving for notoriety  is crazy-misunderstood, especially after The Shift.

Partly, we have  the post-Shift boom in technology — with our so-many devices for streaming entertainment.

Then we have how consciousness is evolving after The Shift into the Age of Awakening.

• For the 45% of folks in spiritual shutdown, fame matters more than ever — along with worldly honors, wealth, toys, and physical appearance.
  • For the 45% of folks in spiritual addiction, many have been promised, “When you know your purpose, you will become rich and famous.” A horrible fantasy, wildly unrealistic — yet addictive. And a bread-and-butter fantasy for many in New Age, evangelical Christianity, and other groups.
  • Even for those of us in the remaining 10%, with a firm purchase on reality while progressing fast spiritually, fame can be intensely confusing.

Attention Deficit Disorder in Collective Consciousness

Let’s face it, America and other industrialized nations have a collective attention deficit disorder.

• You’ll see dates where both parties sit in the fine restaurant, texting other people.
  • You’ll see folks at the checkout counter in stores, never speaking once to the cashier, busily gabbing away on their mobile.
  • You’ll see families and friends (ostensibly) together in public, paying only scant attention to each other while occupying themselves with electronic toys.
  • You’ll hear about business meetings and college classes where those in charge can barely get attention, so busy the participants are with checking for messages, playing games, multi-tasking with electronic media.
  • New York is now setting up texting zones, rest stops for drivers to pull over and text. Because as you know if you drive anywhere in America, so many drivers aren’t paying attention to traffic, not while they can talk on their phones or text whatever to whomever.

Folks, that’s what I mean by an attention deficit disorder in collective consciousness. And the worse it gets, the more human beings crave attention. It’s only human to want some attention from other people, full attention.

Seeking craving for attention, in a culture that increasingly favors fame and vanity? You and those you know are being set up to desire fame as no previous generation has ever desired it.

What if longing to score a reality TV show doesn’t obsess you? What if you do not yearn to get discovered by someone, for something, anything?

What if you have not managed to upload a YouTube that makes you important to millions? You know, like Rebecca Black’s extremely important music video that has been seen more than 58 million times.

Does that make you a failure living today? No, it makes you remarkably sane.

Fame Remains Linked to Karma (As Always, on Earth)

Big fame is a gift.  Also a test. Fame is one of the most intense illusions here on earth.

Fame is a gift, a form of destiny or meant-to-be.

In this way, fame is like exceptional physical gorgeousness, superb athletic ability, intellectual brilliance, creative genius, immense popularity, charisma. Or being born really, really rich.

If you have fame, you earned it. Any of these qualities, present to a huge, world-class degree? You earned it before incarnating this time.

Of course, free will matters. Yet free will has limits.

With your free will now, you are setting up consequences for the rest of this lifetime, plus future lives. Potential fame included.

Mozart learned to play that harpsichord long before he impressed his family at age three. Every music prodigy or business prodigy has earned it. Lifetime after lifetime, who knows how many lifetimes? Lifetimes of persistence, learning, caring, doing good work, and receiving modest (or little) popular recognition.

Long as we’re taking a little interlude in this article for spiritual truth, let’s name the elephant in the big, glitzy Green Room of Fame:

Fame is a challenge.

Here at this blog we have often observed  the huge challenge of fame in our celebrity aura readings and Skilled Empath Merges. Also we have profiled celebrities with difficulties at handling fame in some of our comparison  face reading articles, doing physiognomy and the system of Face Reading Secrets(R) to research  natural changes to physical faces over time, using photographs.

Fame is a huge challenge, not necessarily a treat at all.

Sunlight focused through a magnifying glass? It burns.

Unreasonable Expectations about Fame

Once I had a conversation about fame with G.G., an otherwise intelligent woman who worked in a New Age specialty. She believed what many New Age celebrities had proclaimed about how important it was to find your life purpose and then you would receive all that you wanted automatically. Which, to G.G., meant fame and wealth.

“Use your common sense,” I told her. “Do the math. How many slots do you think there are in the world for Big Fame?”

“But if you only believe, you can make it real,” she told me, her big round eyes shining.

Really? If you only believe strongly enough, the Top 10 List will have room on it for you and all the rest of the true believers?

Thinking about that long-ago conversation, I could STILL be slapping my head with incredulity. This is one of the conversations that motivated me to write  a how-to that debunks Law of Attraction hype and offers ways to become more successful that really work, on earth, including after The Shift.

Yet among the vast collections of maya on earth, fame remains a big one. I’m surprised it isn’t more famous that way. 😉

So what if you would like to pry yourself loose from the pull of this insatiable desire for fame, so intense all around you? What makes a great substitute for unrealistic  striving for fame?

Instead of Seeking Fame, Consider these Five Alternatives

1. Live with honor. Act with integrity.
  2. Find some things to do every day that interest you, and do your reasonable best at them. Meanwhile, don’t resent your day job. It’s necessary. If you like it or love it, so much the better. Still, you don’t have to adore your day job in order to do it with integrity and benefit from the security it provides. There’s a wise word from Hinduism and Buddhism about this very concept, dharma.
  3. Set goals, meaningful goals, for your life. Then follow up, in a way that is kind to yourself.
  4. Help someone, at least one someone, every day. Preferably do this in energetic real time, in person or on the phone. Electronic connections like email or even this blog are very thin, energetically. You don’t store energetic holograms from them, for instance — a significant point for those of you who are thoughtful about what it means to make the most of a human incarnation.l
  5. Learn to value internal validation, rather than external validation. In other words, use your self-authority to decide what is true and important.

Nobody ever became Enlightened by crowd sourcing.

Healing Also Helps Reduce Fame Cravings

Back at GLADYS, what was so terribly poignant about her stifled yearning for fame?

She directed this frustration within. Besides a horrible sadness, GLADYS blamed herself for the lack of fame. I suspect she blamed herself for being too fat — not fulfilling The Anorexic Ideal.

GLADYS could really use some healing with energy spirituality techniques. Cords of attachment, negative thought forms, hideous distortions in façade bodies, frozen blocks of stuck energy — STUFF can recycle in a person’s subconscious mind and aura, intensifying the yearning for fame.

How important it is that STUFF can always, always, always, always be healed. With Rosetree Energy Spirituality, we can heal every one of the previously mentioned forms of STUFF, then receive appropriate PUT IN to help make that healing permanent. All GLADYS would do as a client to receive this sort of healing? Just bring an intention to her session of aura healing, perhaps an intention like “Accept reality better.”

STUFF around fame, how common is that? Also STUFF perpetuating distorted, confused ideas about why that big fame hasn’t happened yet. That mathematically impossible, yet culturally huge idea that “Everyone be famous, mega famous, a superstar.”

Andy Warhol had it right. We get 15 minutes, folks. Most of us get just that. 15 minutes.

If more  fame time for everyone was important, trust me. Even better, trust your own common sense. God would have created this world differently.

The photo of B.B. King (and his guitar, Lucille) at the top of today’s article comes courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.

In no way is it implied that the photographer or the subject endorses either me or this use of the image.

Jean says:

Wow.

Great info. to help performers and non-performers alike stay focused
    on using ones own self authority to decide what is true and important.

Thank you Rose.

David says:

I quite concur, Rose. I worked in film and TV for a time when I was younger. Some of the famous didn’t want it. Others really struggled with it. Some, as we see in the press, act out their struggles, sometimes very destructively.

Recently, I saw an excellent film on this subject – “20 Feet from Stardom”. About the backup singers behind many of the big hits boomers grew up with. People who we often sang along with but who remained nameless and faceless behind the front. And their attempts to break out and become famous. A very few succeeded.

Fame is one of those illusory outside things that is not given from a wish. The real satisfaction comes from within.

Great observation about connection vs fame too.

David says:

Thanks for the Dharma link, Rose. It’s fascinating to understand it more deeply.

Elaine says:

Excellent and interesting post Rose. I’ve been pondering this week about something similar, doing a magic picture on someone very much in the news right now, and investigating what might or might not be real heartbreak underneath it all.

ELAINE, it has been ages since you graced us with one of your guest posts.

Please share this Skilled Empath Merge with us when you are ready.

Isn’t it fascinating to search for real or faux emotions in celebrities? So often the big story is strongly contradicted by that newsmaker’s aura.

Using Energetic Literacy at such times makes me feel like the boy in The Emperor’s New Clothes.

Kira says:

I’ve had an idea for a shirt design for my science fiction fan organization, based on Andy Warhol’s screen prints of Marilyn Monroe but using our furry alien mascot, for years now. Somehow, everything came together this year for us to go ahead with it. I used his 15-minutes-of-fame quote (slightly paraphrased) as part of the overall design. I guess now was the right time for it, finally.

As for fame itself, I used to want it. I have in my button collection one that says, “I’m nearly famous!” But what a hassle it would be to have nearly everyone recognize me everywhere I go! I do a lot of attention-getting things, and I seem to manage to get attention sometimes even when I’m not trying to, but I know I’m truly okay with not getting it thanks to my husband’s chainmail hobby; he made a chainmail business suit, and any time he wears that, we can’t go 2 feet without someone stopping us to comment on it or take pictures.

To tie both those trains of thought together, this year he opted not to wear the chainmail suit to the local renaissance festival so he could move about freely; I wasn’t with him, because my science fiction fan organization was meeting that same day and I was introducing the brand-new Warhol-inspired shirts for sale.

INFP Starflower says:

Thank you so much for this post. Very validating to me. Growing up, I wanted more than anything to be famous. Until just recently, it was still a huge goal of mine to be famous. What I really craved was attention. Until I read this post, I never thought to put the two together. Lately, I’ve been getting a lot more attention from people who do matter to me (many thanks to working with you, Rose, and many thanks to me for following through), and I no longer crave attention from random strangers and tabloids who would only like me for being famous.

KIRA, thank you for sharing. You just gave us a mini-movie.

As for you, INFP STARFLOWER, what a stunningly deep and honest share you just supplied.

In Facebook style, you other Blog-Buddies are invited to add comments as simple as “Like” in response to Comment 8.

I’m really curious how many of you can relate to what our resident INFP just put together.

Had you considered before that craving for fame could be related to social isolation, a lack of attention from warm, breathing, caring humans?

Primmie says:

Yes. I think not getting enough loving eye contact as a child can leave a person vulnerable to the lure of an audience. Being stared at is very powerful and enticing and I think addictive if your needs for loving mirroring haven’t been met in childhood.

Jordan says:

Here’s my chance to post a relevant Louis CK clip 😉 I’ve wanted to post stand up bits of his before but hesitated ’cause they were kinda dirty. This is from his appearance on Conan last week.

Relevant: Louis CK is an intellectual empath (in my aura reading opinion). Knowing that makes all of his remarks about how other people think take on a new and interesting dimension!! (He is CONSTANTLY giving away his intellectual empath-ness with comments he makes.)

David says:

Not sure I ever saw fame as desirable – the schoolyard wasn’t a friendly place. But certainly a desire to be seen. But we often have a fear of that at the same time. We’re not so happy with what we see of ourselves so…

Jordan’s link brings out an interesting point – how hollow people can feel inside when they’ve been collecting Stuff. The crud covers the deeper aspects of themselves and they’re left feeling hollow and alone. They’re not willing to recognize who they are, so they hope maybe others will instead. But of course if fame actually does show up, the drama is then displayed for everyone because fame doesn’t heal it. In fact, it more pushes it back in their face.

Similarly, relationships are a mirror and are thus troublesome.

But happily, all that Stuff can be cleared/healed. Then we can be here as who we are and have that reflected back to us. We see and are seen for who we are. That’s what we’re looking for.

What a difference!

Merrit says:

Jordan, I loved loved loved the Louis CK clip. How profound and true.
    Next time I start to feel a neg emotion I am going to feel it and not distract myself and see what happens, takes some courage.

Kira says:

I have never had much of a problem getting attention, but somehow it never counted. It’s as if the love I was receiving wasn’t making it thru at all, at least not often enough. I knew intellectually that it was there but I couldn’t feel it–it didn’t sustain me. So I almost certainly wanted fame at least in part because of my (self-imposed) isolation.

But I also used to find myself rehearsing interviews I might give if I ever got famous, in which I would be giving my opinions on what I felt were important issues. So there was also a component of wanting to be heard.

And I wanted to be an ideal celebrity, someone who got famous but didn’t let fame change her. (Not that it would have worked out that way in practice.) I still have that motivation of being an example; I named myself after Olivia Newton-John’s character in the movie Xanadu because not only did the name sound right to me, but the character is really a Muse (Terpsichore, the Muse of dance, to be specific).

What I wanted to be discovered for was singing, and needing that external validation of my voice actually kept my voice from improving. Now when I’m singing karaoke just for the fun of it, I have friends and fans who love to hear me sing. And I can appreciate others’ performances without feeling envious. I can’t remember exactly when I stopped longing for fame, but I’m willing to bet it was right around the time I realized that if I were to meet myself as a separate person, I would be exactly the kind of person I’d most want to hang out with.

MERRITT, I agree that this clip is awesome.

JORDAN, thank you so much for the link to this clip “Louis C.K. Hates Cell Phones.”

He articulated much that I have felt about them, only he put it into words that were better than I had found yet.

A true spiritual teaching from Louis C.K. I absolutely love this YouTube. For easy reference, Blog-Buddies, here is the link again:

Kira says:

I too loved the clip.

I find my phone indispensable in helping me wind down at night (by playing Words with Friends, solitaire, or sudoku). I don’t know whether that’s a good or a bad thing; it feels like doing that distracts my logical mind while I sort thru all the sensory inputs I’ve taken in during the day.

Jordan says:

So glad you liked the clip. Louie is a great spiritual teacher. I could write a dissertation on him and his work. I see so many things about him, his embodiment, and his expression that all come together to make him the perfect teacher (of his specific thing). He’s very inspiring to me… to a lot of people!

One thread that runs through all of his work is helping people to feel more comfortable being human. And to feel that it is okay to be powerful as a human, just a human.

This is expressed from the words he says, to his appearance, to the narrative structure of his TV show, which to me appears to emulate the kind of creative flow we all have going on in our minds. This makes the viewer feel/think, “Hey, I can be creative too. I have ideas and flow like that… and here it is turned into something great…”

I’ll stop there, though I could go on for ages 😉

Jordan says:

Also true is that you can have power as an UNENLIGHTENED human.

That’s one of the beautiful things I see in what you shared recently, Rose, about some people on the Enlightenment Life List being “corrupted.”

It means Enlightenment isn’t *everything.* It’s certainly something, something important, but if there are Enlightened people abusing their power, misleading others, etc…. well I guess I’m doing okay in my un-Enlightened state and have something to be proud of, in human terms. I don’t know what these people are thinking, but Earth life does matter…

Jean says:

Yes – chiming in… thank you Jordan – super Louis C.K. clip.

JORDAN, one lovely, wise comment after another from you.

Thank you for all of them and, particularly, so very much for this latest.

Dave says:

Louis CK has some very funny, very raunchy stand up. I do think like his show as an overall product more than his standup though. I think the show is easily one of the most creative and well executed of the last ten years.

Sylvia says:

Loved this post, Rose.

Thank you, Jordan, for the Louis C.K. clip. His insight is fabulous!

Jordan, thank you also for Comment #18 — delightful.

Anita says:

I recently saw this article and asked myself, “What is the world coming to?!?”

If Prada, Fendi, and Miu Miu are now to be found at Costco…

I’m no fashion snob. But designer goods at Costco?

It’s like shopping for a Porsche at the hardware store!

It’s the same maya of everyone wanting to be famous!

Anita says:

There is a thought that jumped into my mind about the topic of fame. A well-known social psychology researcher at the University of Virginia, Shigehiro Oishi, studies residential mobility.

His research demonstrates that zip codes that have high residential mobility (people moving in and out) also have the highest number of chain stores: Wal-Mart, Target, Starbucks, McDonald’s.

As a native from Japan, Dr. Oishi found it fascinating and paradoxical that, on the one hand, Americans value uniqueness, qualities that set them apart. He used Lady Gaga and Madonna as examples. However, he also observed that Americans live in suburbs that have identical tract houses. He showed the opening credits of the cable television show “Weeds” to make his point – identical house after identical house in a nameless American suburb.

What he surmised – and later demonstrated – is that areas with high residential turnover have higher numbers of chain stores because Americans who move frequently crave familiarity. Familiar stores were like the proverbial teddy bear or security blanket. Tasting the same brand of coffee, whether in Boston or Wichita decreased anxiety. Finding a new coffee shop in every new city and wondering if one will like the coffee there? Very anxiety-provoking.

Fame is the great leveler. This is particularly true today, given how media-saturated our world is. The actor Leonardo DiCaprio said that he went to a remote area in South America to go hiking and get away from people recognizing him wherever he went. When he arrived, even these rural villagers, who didn’t speak English, recognized him. They had televisions and had seen him in the movie “The Titanic.”

Anita says:

I had a thought related to my prior comment about residential mobility and fame that ties into other comments made here.

When social cohesion was stronger, the opinions of your clan, kin, and community mattered a great deal. One’s very survival might depend on it. It used to be that several generations of a family might live in the same town or geographic area. An extended family might even live in the same house or in a family compound. This is still not uncommon in places such as Utah.

However, in the last 20 to 30 years, it has become much more common for people to move great distances for school or particularly for a job. It is not uncommon today for families to be spread out all over the country, if not all over the world.

This has loosened kinship bonds and ties. No longer do the opinions of family members and kin hold primacy.

Instead, “family” can become the people who are most familiar or the people you spend the most time with. Nowadays, there are articles, even in top business magazines, about how workplace colleagues become like family members (because are spending so much time at work, sometimes more time than at home). “Family” can become the people who dominate social media. Not infrequently, I have heard stories from people who leave their children to be entertained with a television, particularly children who are old enough to be able to care for themselves (middle school and high school students).

Adolescence is a time of great emotional and social growth, an impressionable time. I think the influence of social media is particularly profound during these years because the desire – the developmental need – for peer acceptance is so important. So necessary.

People naturally seek recognition from people they identify as important and part of their social network. If people are spending less and less time with actual kin and more and more time with chosen kin, then it might naturally follow that fame becomes the goal.

Anita says:

I think fame is complicated and probably never what one expects it to be.

I have heard so many comments from celebrities commenting on the mostly negative aspects of fame that I’ve lost count. One of the most famous celebrities ever, Marilyn Monroe, felt objectified and treated by the Hollywood system as a sex object, not a real person. The late Princess Diana (may she rest in peace) died in a car accident thought to be related to being chased by paparazzi. The actress Sandra Bullock said that fame sometimes helps her get a restaurant reservation, but that’s about it. She also recently said that her toddler tries to “act like a man” and protect her from photographers. That made me laugh – but it also saddened me deeply.

I think we feel like we know celebrities because we see pictures of them shopping, going to movies, even getting gas at the gas station.

I tried to imagine how I would feel if I saw pictures of myself posted on the Internet from the times I had gone to the drug store or stopped to get gas. Pictures likely taken by people who were hiding behind bushes with powerful telephoto lenses. Or pictures taken just after someone had jumped in front of me from a bush or chased me down the street, calling me by my first name.

I can imagine that I would look scared and annoyed, not happy and excited.

Kira says:

Wow, cool stuff, Anita!

Opal says:

One thing I’ve learned from the (few) sloppy aura readings I’ve done of celebrities is just how different public perception is from the reality. At the very least, it’s often built on impartial information that only really tells half the story (and leaves out a very significant half!). Mostly I don’t even bother reading celebrity profiles anymore.

It also can put anyone off of desiring fame. To read the aura of someone like Robert Pattinson, for instance, at the time of his Jon Stewart interview is to read someone totally disillusioned by celebrity. Someone who gathers information on people for personal reasons and just expects people to screw him over, you can see the cool minded choice he’s made to never be fooled again, emotional giving to a bare minimum (because why bother?), how uncomfortable he is with himself (despite the fact that he’s well liked). The neat thing about him though is that he’s learned not to take betrayal personally and a respectable spiritual reaching out. I think if he could, he’d give the fame back tomorrow.

I think the healthiest reaction to fame is to not be particularly interested in it.

Opal says:

P.S: If you want to read the aura of a celebrity with true humility check out Tom Hiddleston. He’s respectable and complicated. Way too good for Hollywood High.