What Is "Human-Based Spirituality"?

AYEBD4 light bulb hovering over open hand

Read here how the RES community discovered Human-Based Spirituality

What Is “Human-Based Spirituality”?

The answer came through comments at the original post here. For context, the Age of Awakening had begun. And this Founder of Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES) was struggling to name the fastest way of growing for people who live now.

Have you noticed? This is a time of great energy sensitivity.

This blog post, and the comments that follow, can serve as a historic record of sorts.

Originally this article began as a contest. I drew strength from this online community to help me find a name for today’s super-quick path of personal growth. Read here, especially the flow of comments, to learn how — together — we came up with the term, “Human-Based Spirituality.”

Seeking the Name that Later Became “Human-Based Spirituality”

Mediocre people of the world, unite! We need a new name.

Whoa, I don’t want to send Karl Marx twirling in his grave. But I do have a naming predicament. Latest comment moderated before I leave for six days in Canada… was where DAVE wrote, “Maybe it’s not only Rose who has a talent for naming things!”

How ironic, because I have been struggling, struggling, Blog-Buddies.

Bet you can help, Blog-Buddies. Because personally I can’t think of a smarter, kinder, cooler community on the entire Internet.

You know two important concepts from Rosetree Energy Spirituality, concepts made possible thanks to Stage Three Energetic Literacy, plus caring about personal development. You have read posts about the:

• 45% of people in spiritual shutdown, and the
  • 45% of people in spiritual addiction

So what is a proper name for the remaining 10%?

You know, folks like us. 🙂

How this Naming Contest for Pursuing Enlightenment will work

Comment below with a name.

Tell us why, if you wish. Or the etymology of the term, or the associations you have with it. One more way for you to let all of us Blog-Buddies know more about you, a treat in itself.

Enter as often as you have a name to propose, separate comment each time, please.

Contest deadline is midnight EST on November 15, 2013

Then a winner will be chosen and announced. By me.

Why me, Rose Rosetree? Because I am the one who will be typing that wonderful technical term again and again. Maybe for the next 20 years!!!!!!!!!

Also because, frankly, I am probably the most persnickety person about words you know. I am, after all, a recovering English major.

The prize

A fine prize will go to the name I actually choose for us 10%ers.

A seriously useful name.

A name that can be used henceforth at this blog.

A name I will use in the new book for 2014 that I am editing right now. And will edit in Canada, on my brand new iPad. (Yes, bravely, I am now the owner of an iPad. Have been practicing for days.)

Back at brave you, a courageous namer. Maybe even a fellow poet. What can you win?

After you win, you get a free reading of the person of your choice.

Propose any public figure you like, or yourself, for any one type of reading in a p0st here at this blog. Aura reading, Skilled empath mere, face reading — choose one type.

After winning, you name that choice. After winning, you will need to supply a photograph link to go along with your choice.

You will also win my gratitude, because finding a name for this mediocre, middle way, wonderfully graced, just plain human…

fraction of humanity, a leadership fraction,

ooh, it’s time to call in expert thinkers

like YOU.

Krista says:

Hi Rose,

I am a long time lurker, former English major and occasional poet.

Since those in spiritual shutdown and spiritual addiction exhibit tendencies for particular chakra databanks to be overactive and others to be underactive, I would describe the remaining 10% of the population to be in spiritual balance.

Those in spiritual balance have chakras that are in right proportion to each other; none are over or under used. There is a balance between the spiritual and the physical not found in those who emphasize one reality over the other.

David.. says:

Hi Rose
    Well the obvious would relate to the terms you already use. It would include both those in progress, transitioning, and Enlightened.

The Spiritually Open?
    or in Spiritual Connection?

You may need 2 terms. One for those underway, the other for the awake. “Spiritual Connection” isn’t really correct once Enlightened when we are That.

Be interested to see what others come up with.

gail glassmoyer says:

spiritual limbo

not sure exactly what you are asking to name- but that would be my first thought process. 🙂 gail

Lara says:

Baby bears porridge!

Not too hot, not too cold but just right!

Sorry first and only thing that came to mind.

an avid reader says:

How about: spiritual balance?

an avid reader says:

Or the.spiritual middle? Although I an see why you would.want a word with a more positive spin to it….

Dave says:

I had a few that came to me fairly quickly: spiritually grounded, spiritually embodied, aurically balanced, humanly balanced. Or something more like middle-path folks, right-way people, balanced-path individuals. Maybe this is too many but I was thinking along these lines to describe the people neither spiritually shutdown nor addicted. In my opinion their name really should be the NORMAL people.

Jeanne says:

From one recovering English major to another …

How about the Middlemarchers?

As most of you no doubt know, this is a nod to Middlemarch by George Eliot. I think the protagonist of Middlemarch, Dorothea Brooke, was very much a 10-percenter, and her travails really capture the essence of life on Earth as a 10-percenter. I expect that is (at least in part) why I was so deeply moved by the book when I first read it long ago. The final paragraph is particularly apt:

“Her finely touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature … spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.”

Reading them now, those words still move me as much as they did when I first read them.

And of course, the literal meaning of Middlemarcher works well in this context. Nothing like a Middlemarcher to find the happy middle ground!

GAIL, you get a special shout-out. Isn’t this your first time commenting here at the blog? Wow. 🙂

And KRISTA, could this be your first comment here as well? Welcome!!!!

David.. says:

Nice one, Krista!

David.. says:

Right, Dave, the Normals.

If you look at the long history of time, we spend far more of our life experiences in a Normal enlightened-like state than we do lost in shutdown or addiction. But those have become common in more recent times. The tide is turning though. That 10% is a growing number. 😉

David.. says:

Hi Rose

The Spiritually Open?

David.. says:

or in Spiritual Connection?

Be interested to see what others come up with.

Hi Rose.

I was going to do that per the contest request but I thought it would be too long to make that many different do comments. I will pare down the list an resubmit. Thanks!

Dave says:

Thanks David. Illuminating comment as usual.

What a great comment Jeanne. Excellent quote. I too am a literature minor and a words-nerd. I think your name is great. I like middle-marchers or middle-pathers or middle-wayers. All sum up well what it means to be a ten-percenter, I think. (Funny we’ve already introduced a new term that seems to be catching on)

an avid reader says:

One term I thought of is spiritual evolutionaries. I know it is not a “real” word. It is a play on the word “revolutionaries”. But it does give more of a sense of the forward spiritual movement of the group. Of course, if we want to put the term in the same grammatical format as people in spiritual shutdown and people in spiritual addiction, it would be people in spiritual evolution.

As for my credentials for submitting these entries, I am both a former English major (who has not recovered!) and I am also a poet. 🙂

an avid reader says:

I also find it very interesting that Krista and myself both came up with spiritual balance independently (no comments had been added to the blog yet when I submitted the same entry as Krista so I had no way of knowing it had already been submitted).

Elaine says:

I like the above suggestions spiritually balanced

Merrit says:

Hi Rose, How about Advancing souls??

Merrit says:

Advancing because we are not stuck by way of addiction or shutdown.

Krista says:

ROSE, Thank you for welcoming me. Today’s contest entry was my second comment on your blog. I made my first comment a couple years ago when entering another contest.

You mentioned that you wished for me to resubmit my comment, as you want only one entry per comment. My original post only has one entry. I just spent time explaining the term I chose. If I am misunderstanding what you want, please let me know.

DAVID, Thanks.

Kira says:

I really like Jeanne’s Middlemarchers (even though I haven’t yet read the book–despite having been an English major), but I suppose I should propose one of my own too.

How about “spiritual equilibrium” as the name for the state? (To match “spiritual addiction” and “spiritual shutdown.”) The 10% would then be “spiritual equilibrium seekers” or something like that.

I was a physics major before I was an English major. I like scientific-sounding names. 🙂 (Besides, “spiritual balance” was already proposed.)

Both balance and equilibrium can include the concept of things (use of chakra databanks, in this case) fluctuating, but tending to re-equalize in time.

Merrit says:

or “Evolving Souls” another way of stating growth and movement vs stagnation.

an avid reader says:

Jut googled the work “evolutionary” and it is already a word that is out there in the world. Someone has the term in a book title even.

I still think spiritual evolution fits, though…

Amy says:

How about “Spiritual Growth”?

Teresa says:

I agree with David in comment #1. It may take 2, one for those who are on the path but not enlightened (I like Spiritually adapting for that one) and one for the enlightened which could be……..enlightened!
    Happy Monday everyone! Enjoy Canada, Rose!

Jnana says:

Let me see…
    I’m not in shutdown or addicted but neither am I in balance … yet.
    So how about spiritually sane?

Jnana says:

I could be spiritually sound??

Jnana says:

Maybe even spiritually stable

Jnana says:

Wouldn’t it be nice if I were spiritually steady!

Jnana says:

All in all I really do feel spiritually alive.

Zelda says:

How about the Happy Middle Groundlings? 🙂

Lurker du Jour says:

I rather liked the Baby Bears Porridge… maybe the BBP people? Um, seriously.

Julie says:

I like spiritual balance.

David.. says:

Hi Avid
    Unfortunately “evolutionaries” is a specific term used for a specific teaching from the EnlighteNext folks. (Cohen, not qualifying for the ELL)

But it was cool you both came up with the same term Balanced.

Spiritually Advancing (or Developing) and Balanced would be a good pair, per Krista, Avid & Merrit

But I know it’s Rose’s choice. 😉

Jordan says:

I vote for “Spiritual Balance.” (Hat tip to Avid Reader.)

It parallels the other two terms syntactically, making the model simple and elegant.

It makes sense right away. I anticipate explaining this model to lots of people and such a clear term would make it easier. I think once you explain the meaning of “Spiritual Addiction” and “Spiritual Shutdown,” most people will require very little explanation of “Spiritual Balance.”

The world balance has very positive connotations without being woo-woo-y or too happy, fluffy, and spiritual addiction-y sounding. It is not a word that is going to turn many people off. The idea of “balance” in life is appealing to people in Spiritual Addiction and Spiritual Shutdown alike.

“Balance” also conveys the sense of being in the narrow middle, on a tight rope or balance beam. It conveys that it takes some conscious awareness/paying attention to stay there (20 minutes technique time, etc.)

And, from what I understand, it’s an accurate description of the middle 10%. (If for some reason it’s not, I’ll rescind my vote!)

“Spiritual Growth” and “Spiritual Evolution” are the names of specific chakra databanks, so they already refer to something else. That might cause confusion. Plus, there’s the issue of accuracy.

If this model is going to be an idea that spreads, it will help for it to be simple, elegant, and inclusive. A ‘clubhouse’ sounding name implies exclusivity, when we want the middle percentage to grow. It needs to be clear that this applies to everyone.

Looking at this from the perspective of someone in the Mentoring Program, who is going to be explaining this to a lot of people, I would really, really, super-really prefer to not have one of the cutesy names. Sorry guys. 😉

Jordan says:

Am I allowed downvotes? Personally, I don’t like anything with “middle” in it. It conveys boredom to me. Just plodding along…

“Balance” has room for the ups and downs, the joyful, exciting, scary, thrilling spikes of life. Middle sounds like drudgery.

Julie says:

Another idea might be spiritual integration, since the 10% are integrating spirituality or bringing it into balance with the whole self.

And the former Latin teacher in me likes that it comes from the Latin word integer meaning whole, pure, or complete. Someone who is integrated has the complete package:)It’s also the root of the word integrity.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist the urge to lecture on root words. It’s been so long since I’ve done it!

Merrit says:

Hi Rose I just wanted to clarify my idea as “Advancing souls” I had just written Advancing. I like this because it is accurate and it feels good to be advancing
    on our path to enlightenment.

Blog-Buddies, all your comments are such a delight.

KIRA, my apology for the mistake I made above. I am struggling with this new iPad technology and have limited time for blog anything. You followed the contest rules perfectly.

JORDAN, you and everyone are cordially invited to debate the terms. Part of the fun for us all, right?

BTW, I happen to agree with JNANA’s observation that terms like “Spiritual balance” are inappropriate for the 10% category. Folks with spiritual balance are on the Enlightenment Life List. In the tricky-to-name group, there is just ultra-quick evolution.

BTW, what am I doing here in Canada with my iPad and busy-busy time? Georgina Cannon, a hypnotist I greatly admire, is teaching “Train the Trainers,” which I am taking as a step toward offering courses that would be accredited with the National Guild of Hypnotists and help to multiply practitioners of Soul Energy Awakening Hypnosis (TM).

Jordan says:

Oh darn. I put together that whole argument for balance and it doesn’t even work! lol…

Jordan says:

Rose, do you have a keyboard for your iPad? It’s a little more to carry around but makes typing long comments so much easier.

Julie says:

Spiritual acceleration!

(grin)

Jean says:

Hey Rose –

Glad to hear you are doing training with Georgina Cannon in Canada – with your new iPad along for the trip 🙂

Have been following the contest here….lots of great ideas everyone.

Was hoping that some sort of title with a clear latin root would rise to the fore as an appropriate title for the ’10 percenters’…

Comment #38 – Go Julie with ‘Spiritual Integration’.
    (It’s been all too long since I’ve heard such an all too brief “lecture” on root words.)

Spiritual Shutdown
    Spiritual Addiction

Spiritual Integration

Yes that is my favorite so far. Thank you Julie.

And thank you Rose!

David.. says:

Nice Julie – Spiritual Integrators would serve those in the approach.

I agree Rose – Spiritual Balance is for when the process has reached a certain level. That’s why I was suggesting 2 terms.

But thinking about it, the first term covers more territory. For example, the Unity stage of Enlightenment is almost entirely an integrative one. It can be described as a progression of experience and become as everything that arises in experience is recognized as ourselves. This process extends from immediate experience into memories and into values of the universe beyond perception. They describe this as wholeness or in the Brahma Sutras as the Aggregate.

True spiritual progress is through integration. This covers evolution, developing and related terms too. Great discussion!

Thoughts?

Adam McIntosh says:

Spiritually efficient

Adam McIntosh says:

Spiritually practical

Adam McIntosh says:

Spiritually functional

Adam McIntosh says:

Spiritually expedient

Adam McIntosh says:

Jordan, I think you are right – if it’s a term that is going to see a lot of use, it shouldn’t need much explaining. Its meaning should be as self evident as we can make it.

I also think it is important that the term does not connote a sense of superiority. Something with an almost dry, technical feel to it might avoid this problem

Adam McIntosh says:

Spiritual median (don’t like this one as much but I feel like it deserves its chance 🙂

Lara says:

How about spiritually integrating, since all/most areas of life are being processed and lived and contributing to a more holistic expression of self.

Jordan says:

Since balance doesn’t work, I change my mind about not liking middle.

Lara says:

Oh Julie has already nominated spiritual integration! Sorry I missed that.

Merrit says:

My question about Spiritually balanced is this, Are the 10% spiritually balanced? I hope I am in the 10% and that that means I am spiritually balanced but to me that implies that I have arrived somewhere, at being balanced. I prefer Spiritually Advancing because that implies forward movement and also includes those that have reached Enlightenment. I may have a misconception but I feel as though lots of times I become imbalanced and need to regain my spiritual equilibrium.

Merrit says:

Great point that Spiritual evolution and spiritual growth are names of specific data banks I never would have thought of that.

Merrit says:

Rose what about the 10% that are ” Spiritually Growing”? That has forward movement and includes the enlightened. I know Spiritual Growth is a chakra data bank but I think this would be simple and clear and I don’t think that would be confusing.

Julie says:

Thank you, Jean. I’m so glad my Classical education is coming in handy. I knew it would, someday!

Suzanne Z says:

I love all the ideas everyone has come up with! Gail’s suggestion of Limbo made me laugh! But yeah, it feels that way sometimes! I agree with Jordan that it is best kept simple and easily explained or fairly self explanatory for the benefit of those that will be teaching these principals to others.

My first thought, like many others, was Spiritual Balance. However, I put myself in that 10% category and that is certainly what I am working to attain, but it is not yet true.

My next thought was Spiritual Integration since that term has been used to describe what happens when you learn something new or clear out Stuff and then Put In…integration of the new will ensue. I would think the Spiritually Addicted are doing this as well? And since Julie already came up with that one, I put my thinking cap on once again!

So here is my entry… Spiritual Synthesis…I like the way that one feels in my mouth when I say it!

Just for fun, I decided to use Questioning to see what some of these terms meant to me and here are the results. I did my first three thoughts and two others just fun. Did anyone else happen to try it?

Spiritual Balance is something you work to get to but never really achieve. Once you get close, you are inspired to grow even more.

Spiritual Integration is something you do not something you are.

Spiritual Synthesis is allowing yourself to be and to flow with what is. Taking it all in and working with it to create whatever you wish.

This reminded me of my dance performances…I learn new routines and at first they are cumbersome, frustrating and awkward but if I keep practicing and noticing my results and changing what I don’t like or doesn’t feel like me then eventually I have a performance that makes me happy and one I am proud of.

Although the term Middlemarcher did not feel right to me, I liked the explanation that Jeanne gave for why she chose it. The last paragraph of the book was inspiring! So I included this term in my questioning.

Middlemarcher is an ancient term for a new age group. Didn’t feel like it fit.

One last one from Julie’s suggestion:
    Spiritual Acceleration – I had a image of a runaway horse & carriage and the driver trying to gain control. I heard…Whoa, get control of this thing. Using my internal dictionary…this term pushes (accelerates) me towards evolution at the risk of loosing control.

This reminded of something a yoga teacher said once about going into a headstand. Some people just fling themselves upside down without regard to how it feels or what it took to get there (until later their neck, back or shoulders hurt). She preferred that we do it more methodically and slowly building awareness and strength along the way, thereby knowing what it took to get there. We could then hold the position much longer, more easily get there anytime we wanted and appreciate the pose instead of taking it for granted.

Rather interesting!

Jeanne says:

Thinking about Rose”s comment #40, how about Rapid Evolvers?

The idea being that, if you’re not in spiritual addiction or spiritual shutdown, you’re necessarily poised to evolve rapidly. At least post-Shift, as I understand it.

Spiritually grounded

Aurically sound

Middle-pathers

Spiritual-advancers

Healthy-growers

Energetic-leaders

Balanced-evolvers

Spiritually-effective

Spiritually-functional

an avid reader says:

In comment number 45, David used the words “spiritual progress”. I like that. It was not my own idea— but from David’s comment. Am finding myself not so interested in the prize but rather the quest for the correct word.

Can’t wait to see what you select, Rose!

Jordan says:

These are all such cool ideas… Suzanne, I really like what you shared, the results of your Questioning are so fascinating and really made sense to me.

Krista says:

Spiritual wellness

Krista says:

Spiritually stable

Krista says:

Spiritual stability

Krista says:

Spiritual vitality

Krista says:

Spiritual alignment

Sylvia says:

How about Spiritually Solid — as in grounded, dependable, having feet firmly placed on terra firma.

To Adam’s point, I hope that doesn’t sound too superior. I do think it’s important to choose a term that people would want to identify with.

Kira says:

“Spiritual awareness” for the state, “spiritually aware” for the people.

Kira says:

But honestly, I like so many of these!

Amanda says:

I like a lot of the suggestions here. Just to add to the mix –

Spiritually healthy

Spiritual movers and shakers

Spiritually committed

Self-evolvers

Spiritually blossoming (My personal favourite)

Amanda

Amanda says:

Or even spiritually blooming!

Amanda says:

“Spiritual bloomers” might not quite give the right impression, however..

😀

Amanda

Suzanne Z says:

So many more good suggestions!

I like Krista’s suggestions of Spiritual Alignment and Spiritual Wellness.

I especially like the wellness aspect. Anyone that knows me well would say, “well of course!” For many years, I’ve been on a health kick. I’ve been detoxing my body, then detoxing my life and that’s when I found Rose and learned how to detox my aura! Wellness is a term that everyone can relate to and it is unlikely it would be taken in a negative way.

I like Spiritual Alignment too. Seems to me are spiritually aligning our energy systems to be more in line with our true nature. And when we accomplish that, then we are Enlightened, right? So, I can make a case for that term too!

What more does Questioning reveal?… What do these terms represent to me?

Spiritual Alignment – getting my ducks in a row, getting ready. I saw an image of all my chakra’s lining up as if in formation. I felt like I was getting ready or preparing for something that was coming.

Spiritual Wellness – balance, prevention and I saw someone sitting under a big tree with a huge canopy and I felt very protected.

Seems to me we have lots of good ideas for Rose to choose from! But keep them coming! This is fun….at least it is for me! Maybe think a little more outside the box? Hmmm, I might need a bigger thinking cap for that!

Alicia says:

Rose,

Are you looking for a name that fits with the rhythm of the other two names eg
    spirital addiction
    spiritual shutdown
    spiritual ???

Or would you prefer a totally different term eg the ‘ten-percenters?’ (which is kinda fun!)

Or are you open to anything?

Lara says:

Spiritual developers

or Integrated developers

Jeanne says:

It’s interesting to me how many of you have suggested names with “spiritual” in them.

I have a different view.

Seems to me,10-percenters are those who seek to fully engage with the human experience in all its aspects. This involves not just spiritual integration (I like that term too) but also integration of mind, body, intellect, etc.

To me, names that focus on the spiritual piece don’t quite capture this.

Jordan says:

Spiritually aware – You’ve got your feet firmly placed on the ground, you see what’s around you, and you move forward with grace, dignity, and sharing. It’s a very good word for people here, even if not for the 10%.

Jordan says:

Spiritually advancing (credit to Merritt) – Sense of movement rather than stagnation often experienced on the other sides of the middle.

(And credit to Krista for the term in my previous comment!)

Merrit says:

Suzanne I loved your post also.
    I was wondering about “Spiritually Awake” Not Awakened which I know has all kinds of connotations but just Awake.
    The 10% Spiritually Awake, it’s beautiful and inclusive. I know the problem is potential confusion with Awakened though.

Lara says:

Jeanne I was thinking exactly the same thing about the word spiritual in it.

also presumably the percentages will shift over time but the principles of full development will remain so I dont think numbers should be in it.

Madeline says:

I also like Dave’s spiritually grounded and spiritually aware

Madeline says:

I don’t like Spiritually Integrated, I imagine having to explain that and to me it lacks excitement, and Middle to me brings up average or stuck, no movement.

Madeline says:

Rose that is so exciting that you will be able to teach Hypnotism!! Very exciting.

Jordan says:

Jeanne and Lara, I had the same thought about “spiritual.” Having the new term fit seamlessly with the other two would be nice, but maybe there are other options.

If it’s to fit between Addiction and Shutdown… how about “Spiritual Moderation” or “Spiritually Moderate”? (First definition of moderate: “Being within reasonable limits; not excessive or extreme.”)

JORDAN, everyone, how I am enjoying your comments.

From lovely Toronto, where my “Train the Trainers” Hypnosis Certification Course is due to be completed tomorrow. Today, over lunch, I had the treat of being caught in a hailstorm.

Maybe 10 minutes of round spheres of ice flinging themselves at me from the heavens. I just loved it.

Not as a substitute for sunshine. But for the variety.

Another plus in this day… enjoying my second visit, in two days, with a help desk phone person from Apple. Today, valiant Erin was helping me to get my separate keyboard working properly again. (Your suggestion was great, JORDAN, in a previous post. But the trick wasn’t just to buy a keyboard but to actually make it work. LOL.)

If only Bob Newhart were in his heyday now. He could sculpt some fine monologues out of such conversations. You can almost imagine it…

At least I imagine it, when not dodging hailstorms or learning loads of information from the immense, intense manual that is required for teaching hypnosis in the manner pleasing to the National Guild of Hypnotists.

Let me ask you Blog-Buddies who own an iPad or iPod (like me, now) or that weird contraption I’ve heard tell is called “iPhone”…. what do YOU call the home key widget?

Not to digress for long from our other important and educational naming enterprise. THE CONTEST!

Still, I’m wondering, am I the only one to call it “The belly button”?

What do you call it?

And, if you ever heard comedy routines from Bob Newhart, can’t you imagine him saying:

“And then you click on the round “Home” key, only it is shaped like a square? And then to push this button you make a “Click” with your finger. Only do not use your fingernail. And so you make a thump with your finger, being careful not to swipe, and this is what you call a click? Alright.”

David.. says:

I would not suggest a %-related name. The 10% is larger than it once was and will get bigger yet.

Great suggestions and points.

A 100%- astute comment, that latest one.

Now, before I go off to school this morning, something for all you Contest Adventurers:

I am enjoying all your comments and contest entries so much, Blog-Buddies. It is especially interesting — and you up your chance to win this Naming Contest for Pursuing Enlightenment — if you give one name per entry and include your reasoning, beliefs, enthusiasms, etc. about that name.

It would be especially impressive if you would follow these Contest Rules because clearly this theme of education and naming is going onto our list of 10 Most Popular Posts.

You’all are becoming the commenters who introduce newbies and lurkers to the quality of community we have here. To me, Blog-Buddies, you are at least as important for “Deeper Perception Made Practical” as the posts by me — both your comments and guest posts bring life and zest to this educational, evolutionary adventure.

So here is an invitation to those of you who bent the contest rules a bit so far, or were so full of enthusiasm that you didn’t stop to read them all. What if you suggested more than one name? Please copy your comment, then use that as a basis for creating one new comment per name. And note the number of your comment as well.

Next, Please add one comment at a time, based on what is on your list. Perhaps adding the juice and spice of your WHY, WHY, WHY! And reference the comment number.

That way I can enable your more “Law-abiding” comments and delete the earlier iterations.

Let the intellectual archeologists of the future try to figure out how we cleaned it all up. 😉

Linda Stone says:

I have been pondering and pondering. I considered myself and what would describe my process. The term that best fits me at this time is, Spiritually Emerging….. like a butterfly leaving its chrysalis state…… great food for thought……

Zelda says:

In Comment 32, I tossed out “Happy Middle Groundlings.”

Why, you ask, Rose?

This is what popped into my mind as I read your title, which includes the words “happy middle ground.”

“Groundlings,” for me, pops out of the association with the comedy/improv school in LA called “The Groundlings.” It’s like the West Coast “Second City,” and many now famous comedians started out with The Groundlings.

Lately I have been pondering how helpful it is to have a sense of the absurd during these chaotic and sometimes crazy times. Being able to improvise is a handy skill for navigating these days. And I think that a gift of being one of the whatever the percentage is lately is the ability to improvise. To not be beholden to a particular group or teacher, etc., but to have self-authority and be willing and able to make quick changes as necessary and having fun along the way. Lightness.

So there you have it. I realize it likely won’t be the winning name, but that’s how this one came to me.

1 2 3