Hardly. But you may wind up abandoning plenty of illusions. Consider that you have had fair warning.
Then pack up your self-authority and join me in today’s exploration of what channeling really is.
Why write about the controversial topic of channeling?
In response to many questions that have come up lately, I will pull together responses to many blog comments with questions about channeling to create today’s article.
This is about channeling, as I understand it with my skill sets for energetic literacy, Rosetree Energy Spirituality, and as an Enlightenment Coach. To give credit where credit is due, I give big thanks to Teaching of the Inner Christ for forming my understanding about channeling. My history with TIC is summarized in Use Your Power of Command for Spiritual Cleansing and Protection.
Apart from the process of gaining permission to adapt TIC healings (also recounted in that how-to book), I have had no contact with TIC ministers and teachings since 1986. Back then, I loved it and it was life changing. However, I do not know if I would still love the organization these days and recommend it. Maybe yes, maybe no. I really have no idea.
Thus, I aim to walk that important ethical line between acknowledging and recommending.
In that context, Blog-Buddies, consider yourself reminded that folks on my Enlightenment Life List are not endorsed by me, either, regarding their services, teachings, etc.
And here’s a related thought. Enlightenment teachers interviewed in Buddha at the Gas Pump are also not recommended by me. I will note flat out that many, many of my fellow interviewees at Rick Archer’s video project/website are not Enlightened according to the criteria I use. That includes a recent interviewee whose name I saw there lately, Deepak Chopra. You Blog-Buddies are always welcome to propose ANYONE from Rick’s website for my Enlightenment Life List, if you would like my perspective that way, for what it is worth to you.
That said, here we go, discussing the controversial and important topic of channeling.
What is channeling, technically?
To me, “channeling” means trance channeling. Unlike those who define trance channeling in terms of a very heavy trance, I believe it can be a very light trance. Especially after The Shift, where it is very easy to make a slight adjustment from the waking state of consciousness and move into an astral experience.
It is a collaboration between the channeler or, sometimes, a medium… and an astral entity. Ideas and emotions and experiences do not originate from the channeler, nor from the internal process of receiving inspiration from one’s Divine and Celestial Team. (More on this later.)
This entity could have high vibrations or lower vibrations. Nonetheless, it is an astral being. So this could be a ghost, a stuck spirit, an ancestor, an elemental, a deva, or an Extra-Terrestrial Entity (E.T. entity for short).
E.T. entities are higher vibrational beings than astral entities in the form of ghosts. At which point, matters become complicated.
Incidentally, anything astral or human IS going to be complicated, while anything Divine brings clarity with an inherent simplicity. Not simplistic but simple and easy.
Which astral beings can be associated with channeling?
Some astral beings available for channeling have had a human embodiment, and after “Death” the being has stayed around earth, hanging out for one reason or another:
- A ghost, a stuck spirit, an ancestor.
Other astral beings have jobs at Earth School. They are part of what makes earth work, astrally, like how sausage is made at the sausage factory:
- An elemental, the deva of your washing machine or car, a flower fairy.
Your own celestial guidance team is not involved in channeling. (Keep reading about that.) However, channeling can be done with one or more entities from another person’s guidance team:
- That person’s guardian angel and spirit guides, plus other angels who are part of that person’s Angel Team, such as an angel from each legitimate Reiki initiation/attunement
Also involved in channeling sometimes are tourists to earth, here for a while or available just for channeling, or enthusiastic about involving themselves in your life if there is a spiritual addiction.
- Astral beings who live off planet, in a celestial realm, who are encountered by people who move into altered states:
- Astral beings related to realms accessed through different types of alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, etc.
- Astral beings interested in pornography addictions or kinky sexual practices (No, homosexuality is not kinky in this way, regardless of what certain people may feel due to their homophobic prejudices. I’m referring to sadistic sex, rape, etc.)
- Astral beings deeply imprinted with the thrill of murder, cruelty, etc.
Also sometimes involved in channeling? Astral beings who visit earth and get stuck, due to the fabulously intense, educational illusions here like fear and pain:
- E.T. tourists, and more of these have been coming to earth since The Shift, then getting stuck. (See Why are there more ghosts after The Shift? And what you can do about it. Part One.)
Do folks necessarily know who is being channeled?
Of course not.
People can have excellent skills in other modalities but never have learned the basics of discernment about spirits.
If so, so they are not protected from entering into channeling affiliations. Not protected the least bit. The story of the woman, and her admiring friends, in the Spiritual Protection book was overheard when I was in a restaurant with a group of mind-body-spirit healers. Smart people. Skilled people. Simply lacking discernment about “Spirit.”
It is really outrageous, when you think about it, that folks who do channeling can be so blithely gullible about the specialness of channeling. Any channeling at all? Oooh, supposedly so wonderful.
People who would be oh-so-picky about:
- Their neighbors
- The food they eat
- Their work environment
- Music they listen to, TV they watch
- Even their shampoo
How ridiculous is that? Hey, I call it “The Romance of the Astral” for good reason. We can be enchanted, bedazzled, thrilled by the paranormal, because astral life can impress humans like Las Vegas multiplied by thousands of woo-woo increments.
How about the process of channeling?
An astral being may collaborate with the channeler, while the human partner remains conscious. Or the channeler may be entirely taken over, like Esther Hicks channeling Abraham or Lee Carroll channeling Kryon.
The process of channeling may include wonderful information and energies, but not necessarily. Information may come from beings whose level of consciousness is actually lower than that of the channeler.
Furthermore, astral entities may supply vanity feedings, or other tainted information, to hook the channeler or client into ever-deeper involvement.
Language that tips you off to channeling? Someone “came through.”
Came through whom? How? And who really was coming through?
Plenty of astral beings give themselves fancy names like “Jesus.” At your nearest mental hospital, you may also find many inmates who call themselves “Jesus.” Why believe that any of them really are Ascended Master Jesus or have been specially authorized to transmit messages from Him. You can co-create directly with Jesus. You don’t have to go through chancy intermediaries.
Long before reporting on Spiritual Addiction here at this blog, or helping to extricate clients from this sort of involvement, I helped clients with:
- Loads of stuck spirits attached to their auras
- Loads of E.T. entities stuck to their auras
- Clients in need of an exorcism
- Folks in recovery having an extra-hard time because of the influence of astral beings attached to their auras
Outsourcing your life to angels? Why?
It is entirely possible that, thousands of years ago, humans were not as evolved as folks today and Divine Beings really did need to take people over just to get a message through their relatively thick heads.
I have no way of knowing definitively whether this is true. But my knowledge, perception and experience make it pretty clear that for those of us living today, it may not be worthwhile to engage in channeling.
- If you do wish to do channeling, you are likely to develop a spiritual addiction.
- You are at risk for caring more about the (addictive) Romance of the Astral than regular human experiences, perceptions, and relationships.
- You may be are slowing down your personal progress towards Enlightenment, although living as a channeler is certainly an expression of your sacred choice and may help you to evolve long-term in EXACTLY how you planned to evolve in this lifetime.
- Not that these are a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but you may find it nearly impossible to stop smoking or gaining weight. (Other factors may be involved, of course, in these two problems. Yet a high proportion of channelers and mediums do have one or both of these problems, from my informal survey.)
- With all respect, the more involved you are in channeling, the more likely that you are under-using your self-authority and all the gifts that God gave you personally for this lifetime.
Your Divine and Celestial Team
Of course it is lovely to receive guidance from God. Any time you pray, for several minutes or even longer, that version of the Divine will become part of your Divine and Celestial Team.
You also have a guardian angel and at least two spirit guides, part of your starter set for the incarnation.
Your Divine and Celestial Team grows depending on your choices and responsibilities.
It is authorized, whether directly by God or through Divine administration.
Your Divine and Celestial Team does not include some random pothead from your neighborhood, now deceased.
Random spirits do not get to show up in your authorized Divine and Celestial Team.
Other astral beings do not get random access. For that you would need channeling, mediumship, other experimenting with lovely energies from “Spirit.”
And how does your Divine and Celestial Team help you?
When important, your Divine and Celestial Team will feed ideas or emotions into your subconscious mind, and you will choose from this depending on your values.
In an extreme situation, life or death, your Divine and Celestial Team will coach you rather more actively; but this is very rare.
A lot of creative work is done this way.
It’s inaccurate, IMO, to call this “Channeling.”
Einstein and Mozart were not channelers. They were inspired. They had earned a degree of auric purity (however messed up they may have been in their human lives) to access high-vibrational inspiration as part of their thought process, ideas fed through their subconscious minds.
When someone finds herself painting art, that might be the result of inspiration through her own Divine and Celestial Team. Or that person may have entered into a strong astral influence. One human-type clue is the nature of the paintings.
- Do the paintings show energies and astral allure? Beautiful paintings like that could be strongly influenced by entities.
- Do the paintings look more like Norman Rockwell or Henri Matisse? That is more likely to be co-created with God.
- Only aura reading would give a more specific answer. So to any of you prolific artists who really are interested in my opinion, schedule a session with me for aura reading and perhaps some aura healing.
What does it mean to co-create with God?
You use a technique.
You know what you’re doing, probably because you have studied with somebody who had good techniques and knew what they were doing. (Like me, studying with TIC back in the day, and now with people who read books of mine with techniques for co-creating with your choice of Divine Being.)
In Comments 12 and 10 at Falling into spiritual addiction, again. A guest post by Madeline, KATHRYN asked how I write my books. I co-create them. For humans. For humans engaged in human life. For humans who wish to move forward on a path to Enlightenment.
This human who co-creates? Rose Rosetree is a spiritual teacher and emotional and spiritual healer. I aim to co-create with integrity. I do the human best I can, collaborating with Divine help but not in a wildly altered state.
The rest of my answer to KATHRYN’s question? I choose a Divine Being, usually one per book. Then I Get Big with that particular Divine Being. I am not taken over because Divine Beings do not do that. Based on research I have done, I do not believe that it is good for a human being’s health to do channeling. Co-creating with the Divine is different. It works just fine.
Not only has every one of my published books been created in this way. I wrote a book expressly about co-creating with God. In case you’re interested, the paperback is called Let Today Be a Holiday: 365 Ways to Co-Create with God, while the ebook edition is called 365 Ways to a Stronger You.